Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
non qpr- employment lawyer 19:23 - Feb 11 with 2769 views1MoreBrightonR

Can anyone recommend a good and reasonable employment lawyer?

Been having some issues at work and been offered a redundancy package and which I think is a little short. Would like to get an expert involved or at least an opinion
non qpr- employment lawyer on 19:27 - Feb 11 with 2732 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Are you in a TU? Try Thompsons if so.

https://www.thompsons.law/
non qpr- employment lawyer on 19:30 - Feb 11 with 2695 viewspaulparker

Is that you Neil ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

non qpr- employment lawyer on 19:36 - Feb 11 with 2675 viewssimmo

Will DM you mate

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

non qpr- employment lawyer on 20:02 - Feb 11 with 2591 viewsPlanetHonneywood

non qpr- employment lawyer on 19:27 - Feb 11 by BazzaInTheLoft

Are you in a TU? Try Thompsons if so.

https://www.thompsons.law/

My former alma mater. Note, if you're not in a TU, joining after the event is unlikely to result in the TU authorising legal assistance.

Also, check your home insurance. Some have legal insurance coverage included, and you might be able to get help there. You can also try calling Citizens Advice, but they're frequently stretched.

Unfortunately, I've not practiced in the UK for years, but DM me and I can give you some thoughts.

Thing to remember with redundancy: it's one of the fair reasons to dismiss a worker, but the employer must follow a fair procedure in the selection process. However, an ET looks objectively at what is 'fair', not at what the worker might think would be a better procedure.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

non qpr- employment lawyer on 20:03 - Feb 11 with 2584 viewsdigswellhoop

contact acas they very helpful
non qpr- employment lawyer on 20:04 - Feb 11 with 2579 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

non qpr- employment lawyer on 20:02 - Feb 11 by PlanetHonneywood

My former alma mater. Note, if you're not in a TU, joining after the event is unlikely to result in the TU authorising legal assistance.

Also, check your home insurance. Some have legal insurance coverage included, and you might be able to get help there. You can also try calling Citizens Advice, but they're frequently stretched.

Unfortunately, I've not practiced in the UK for years, but DM me and I can give you some thoughts.

Thing to remember with redundancy: it's one of the fair reasons to dismiss a worker, but the employer must follow a fair procedure in the selection process. However, an ET looks objectively at what is 'fair', not at what the worker might think would be a better procedure.

Depending on your time of service I may well have thrown a lot of work your way.
non qpr- employment lawyer on 22:23 - Feb 11 with 2456 views1MoreBrightonR

Hey all,

Thanks for the advice and direct messages. I joined GMB when I first started getting negative feedback a few months back, so that will help.

They definitely haven't followed proper process so far, but that's also why they are offering me a settlement agreement to get me out the door quickly and easily, hence the my desire to speak to a lawyer.
non qpr- employment lawyer on 06:30 - Feb 12 with 2372 viewsPlanetHonneywood

non qpr- employment lawyer on 22:23 - Feb 11 by 1MoreBrightonR

Hey all,

Thanks for the advice and direct messages. I joined GMB when I first started getting negative feedback a few months back, so that will help.

They definitely haven't followed proper process so far, but that's also why they are offering me a settlement agreement to get me out the door quickly and easily, hence the my desire to speak to a lawyer.

In that case, I'm surprised to read you appear to be seeking advice on here first, as opposed to immediately engaging with your GMB rep.

A union rep should be able to advise you at first instance and thereafter, the GMB offer legal support if deemed necessary. Good luck.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

non qpr- employment lawyer on 06:46 - Feb 12 with 2361 viewsHollowayHoop

I'm a Partner at Comptons Solicitors in Camden Town. Happy to give you a free telephone consultation next week if you want, even if I'm just giving you a 2nd opinion as to whether or not you're likely to increase the settlement offer.

DM me if you want, no worries if you've already found some representation.
non qpr- employment lawyer on 07:15 - Feb 12 with 2347 views1MoreBrightonR

Thanks Holloway, have popped You a DM.
non qpr- employment lawyer on 09:47 - Feb 12 with 2237 viewsjoe90

Acas don’t give legal advice, but could help negotiate a settlement if you fully engage with their early conciliation process. Worth doing as the potential cost of going to an employment tribunal could be crippling.
non qpr- employment lawyer on 12:08 - Feb 12 with 2146 viewssafcinpeace

If you go through ACAS they will sort out a COT3, basically the same as a Settlement Agreement but no legal fees. However if I was you I would ask the union to look over what you have been offered and negotiate on your behalf. I was a full time union office for 13 years and negotiated hundreds of settlements for members.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024