Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Post match celebration 00:01 - Mar 15 with 1778 viewswesty

Got to admit I found the back slapping lap of honour a bit embarrassing on Saturday. Yes it was great to see a battling performance and to get the win but players on their knees screaming in delight like they’d just won the league was way over the top at this stage.

Tonight has proved that to be the case as nobody can come away tonight with credit. As bad as the defence was the midfield was a f ing embarrassment not one of them ran a leg.
I felt for Drewe as he’s a young lad learning his trade and he was left completely isolated on every attack. It must have felt like the Alamo for him.
Tbh if we went to work and performed like they have we wouldn’t have a job for much longer.
I’m shocked at their lack of application and effort.

One thing for sure if GA doesn’t get rid of at least 30-40% of them they will get him sacked.
He will know that and I’m sure there will be many changes but if you have no money and FFP to worry about then it’s going to be very difficult.

I’m sure relegation will be avoided but you cannot run a club like this.
If you sell your assets and dwindle your costs down you are heading for disaster.
You have to produce gems to sell to help balance the books. That has clearly not happened and those in charge of development should be looked at.
Qpr are in a great logistical position to attract some of the finest kids. Why on earth are we missing out.

Look how Valencia in La liga are unravelling this season after years of mismanagement and selling all bar one of their home grown talent they are now in huge danger of relegation.
I can see us taking the same route unless drastic action is taken.

Maybe just maybe this could end up being a positive result, in a weird way a watershed moment for many at the club but mainly for GA & RD.

Post match celebration on 00:10 - Mar 15 with 1721 viewsdaveB

nothing wrong with Saturdays celebrations, we hadn't won at home since October so no issue at all with player's being happy and celebrating
Post match celebration on 00:13 - Mar 15 with 1703 viewsDamo1962

30 or 40 percent won't make any difference. More like 90%. There must be players out there who will give the minimum you expect from Pro footballers, and we need to hope that GA knows where they are. They don't need to be the best available...just the most commited to the manager and the club.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2023 0:28]
Post match celebration on 00:14 - Mar 15 with 1696 viewswesty

Post match celebration on 00:10 - Mar 15 by daveB

nothing wrong with Saturdays celebrations, we hadn't won at home since October so no issue at all with player's being happy and celebrating

Lap of honour for a win is a bit over the top imo. Maybe I’m a bit old school. I’d rather save that for when relegation is avoided. Celebrate 100% ans I thought it was a great result and amazing atmosphere but I thought they went a bit ott.
Post match celebration on 00:16 - Mar 15 with 1660 viewswesty

Post match celebration on 00:13 - Mar 15 by Damo1962

30 or 40 percent won't make any difference. More like 90%. There must be players out there who will give the minimum you expect from Pro footballers, and we need to hope that GA knows where they are. They don't need to be the best available...just the most commited to the manager and the club.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2023 0:28]

True I was being conservative tbh but yes you’re right 100% agree. Will be a hell of a rebuilding job. I think GA will do it so long as he’s given the time.
Post match celebration on 00:16 - Mar 15 with 1655 viewsDamo1962

Post match celebration on 00:14 - Mar 15 by westy

Lap of honour for a win is a bit over the top imo. Maybe I’m a bit old school. I’d rather save that for when relegation is avoided. Celebrate 100% ans I thought it was a great result and amazing atmosphere but I thought they went a bit ott.

It was an outpouring of relief, and I fully understand it... I felt the same. I won't get caught up so easily in future though.
Post match celebration on 00:23 - Mar 15 with 1629 viewsCroydonCaptJack

To be fair they usually do that lap applauding the fans after any win. Maybe it has been so long since it happened you've forgotten.
Post match celebration on 00:26 - Mar 15 with 1619 viewswesty

Post match celebration on 00:23 - Mar 15 by CroydonCaptJack

To be fair they usually do that lap applauding the fans after any win. Maybe it has been so long since it happened you've forgotten.

True.
Like I said I loved the atmosphere Saturday and that as you say “forgotten “ feeling.
Just pissed off how quickly they can down tools and not run a leg after such a great win.
Post match celebration on 00:33 - Mar 15 with 1562 viewsNov77

It’s more cringey that the club spend the next two days on social media reliving and eulogising every moment, every angle etc. we won a league game, that’s all, nothing more.

Almost as though they’re trying to prove right Troy ‘it’s their cup final’ Deeney

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Login to get fewer ads

Post match celebration on 00:48 - Mar 15 with 1513 viewsDamo1962

I think after tonight, all away fixtures are "bonus games" - and have been for a quite a while. These players obviously think that they can scrape over the line by getting the points needed at LR. They are also probably thinking the job is already done; well they are in for a rude awakening...as we won't be playing Watford again.
Post match celebration on 09:25 - Mar 15 with 1118 viewsAntti_Heinola

It wasn't even celebration - just pure relief.

Bare bones.

Post match celebration on 09:29 - Mar 15 with 1077 viewsTheChef

Bit much calling it a lap of honour - usually the players go round applauding the fans after a home game and as mentioned there was plenty of relief/joy given how long it had been since we won.

Maybe they'll do it all over again this Saturday?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Post match celebration on 09:31 - Mar 15 with 1063 viewsgazza1

They were celebrating the win and wanted the supporters to know what it meant to them.....and wanted to thanks the supporters as well.
Post match celebration on 09:35 - Mar 15 with 1035 viewssdm1508

the problem I have is more with the media team and how they jump on the bandwagon. I know they have to promote and have a particular message and feel they are trying to get across and perceptions of the club. Interviews though with Ainsworth where they are asking how he has changed it around in such a short space of time, players fighting for the cause blah blah are very short sighted.

They do the same when we sign a player and the way they are going on its like we have signed the next Messi. Shove the message down our throats through social media and then when a player doesn't instantly meet the expectations that they have built up for him, the fanbase turn. They could do themselves a favour and in certain circumstances have more caution with the message they want to put out
Post match celebration on 09:37 - Mar 15 with 1020 viewsdaveB

didn't think it was a lap of honour, was the same as they do after every win. They went way more over the top after we beat Reading
Post match celebration on 09:39 - Mar 15 with 1005 viewsdaveB

Post match celebration on 00:33 - Mar 15 by Nov77

It’s more cringey that the club spend the next two days on social media reliving and eulogising every moment, every angle etc. we won a league game, that’s all, nothing more.

Almost as though they’re trying to prove right Troy ‘it’s their cup final’ Deeney

Asking Ainsworth questions such as how have you turned this around so quickly after 1 win felt premature yesterday, looks laughable now
Post match celebration on 09:42 - Mar 15 with 995 viewsTheChef

Post match celebration on 09:35 - Mar 15 by sdm1508

the problem I have is more with the media team and how they jump on the bandwagon. I know they have to promote and have a particular message and feel they are trying to get across and perceptions of the club. Interviews though with Ainsworth where they are asking how he has changed it around in such a short space of time, players fighting for the cause blah blah are very short sighted.

They do the same when we sign a player and the way they are going on its like we have signed the next Messi. Shove the message down our throats through social media and then when a player doesn't instantly meet the expectations that they have built up for him, the fanbase turn. They could do themselves a favour and in certain circumstances have more caution with the message they want to put out

This is a general modern world problem exacerbated by social media and the need to constantly create new "content".

You can bet you didn't have the same issues 25 years ago - less was (and still is) more.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024