Lavery Exits Looks Certain
Friday, 28th Oct 2011 08:56 by TWTD.co.uk
Striker Caolan Lavery’s time at Town looks to be up after his academy scholarship ended with no agreement regarding his professional contract having been reached. The Northern Ireland U21 international’s agent was due to talk to manager Paul Jewell last Friday but the Blues boss says he’s still waiting for the call.
Jokingly referring to Lavery as “Lord Lucan”, Jewell says there have been no developments: “I spoke to his agent on Thursday [of last week] and he asked me if there was any change in our offer. I said no but that the offer is still there and he said he would let us know on Friday.
“That was last Friday and I haven’t heard from or seen the kid since.”
Canada-born Lavery’s two-year scholarship was extended until his 19th birthday last Saturday after he suffered a serious knee injury in the FA Youth Cup defeat to Peterborough in November.
Last season, academy manager Sammy Morgan dismissed reports linking Lavery with Tottenham Hotspur, while Leicester were understood to be monitoring his progress and other clubs are also likely to have been keeping a watching brief. The Blues are entitled to compensation if the frontman joins another club.
Lavery has netted five goals in seven FA Premier Academy League games for the U18s this season plus a further four for the reserves.
Story syndicated from TWTD.co.uk
Photo: Action Images
Please report offensive, libellous or inappropriate posts by using the links provided.
You need to login in order to post your comments
Ipswich Town Polls