Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corbyn as Prime Minister 11:26 - May 28 with 32010 viewsoff2div1

Labour policies are more for the working class but is Corbyn capable of running the country.
Corbyn as Prime Minister on 11:51 - May 28 with 10172 viewsfrenzied

He couldn't run a tap let alone a country...mind you ive no faith in his opponents either..

I cant recall a time when we have such a dearth of political visionairies..we have bland ,weak,non entities by the bucketful..no wonder joe public have lost faith in the whole process..i expect the Tories to win but not with an overall majority..Teresa May is making a hash of the open goal..the social care proposal was a real gaff
Corbyn as Prime Minister on 12:30 - May 28 with 10145 viewssykeboy

Oh yes and no doubt Ms Abbott would make a great Home Secretary
Corbyn as Prime Minister on 12:46 - May 28 with 10103 viewsTipperaryDale

For the first time in my voting lifetime there is a real stark choice between Labour and the Tories - let nobody say "They're all the same" this election. On the one hand, Corbyn isn't prime minister material (his appointment of the ridiculous cretin Abbott shows this), but his policies actually seem to offer a great chance to change the country. May is the usual Tory rubbish - unprincipled and anti-progressive.

For me it all depends on how you think the country's going, and how you foresee our future. If you're relatively well-off and settled (ie old - over 60% of pensioners will vote Tory) then you're going to go with May. The young vote will go Labour; they look at the future and realise they're going to be massively underpaid and face little hope of a decent pension if (when!) they retire - they might think "we may as well vote Corbyn, we have nothing to lose".

For me it's not a working class/middle class divide any more, it's a generational divide.
Corbyn as Prime Minister on 12:48 - May 28 with 10098 viewsdownunder

Corbyn as Prime Minister on 11:51 - May 28 by frenzied

He couldn't run a tap let alone a country...mind you ive no faith in his opponents either..

I cant recall a time when we have such a dearth of political visionairies..we have bland ,weak,non entities by the bucketful..no wonder joe public have lost faith in the whole process..i expect the Tories to win but not with an overall majority..Teresa May is making a hash of the open goal..the social care proposal was a real gaff

Made plenty, they have. What has Fox hunting debates got to do with running a country? There is one thing I have seen in their manifesto, but it is being ignored by all it seems. Making the ridiculous salaries being paid CEO's of multi nationals to be checked with a share holder vote. Now if they can get the same companies to pay their share of Tax, they may be onto something.
Corbyn as Prime Minister on 12:51 - May 28 with 10087 viewsmingthemerciless

Corbyn as Prime Minister on 12:30 - May 28 by sykeboy

Oh yes and no doubt Ms Abbott would make a great Home Secretary

Is Teresa May up to the job ? Not after last weeks showing. " Strong And Stable " ? - more like " Weak And Wobbly ".
[Post edited 28 May 2017 12:59]
Corbyn as Prime Minister on 13:49 - May 28 with 10007 viewsmightydale

Have you been on spice !!!!!!

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Corbyn as Prime Minister on 13:54 - May 28 with 9997 views1mark1

Corbyn as Prime Minister on 12:51 - May 28 by mingthemerciless

Is Teresa May up to the job ? Not after last weeks showing. " Strong And Stable " ? - more like " Weak And Wobbly ".
[Post edited 28 May 2017 12:59]

Absolutely agree with you.

Let's look at the Tory record. If you are satisfied with it and what they are proposing, fair enough, however, if not you have to look at what others are proposing.

I believe their record is a record of failure, broken promises, while promising to sort things out that they have failed miserably on like cutting the national debt, immigration, police numbers, house building, NHS, living standards for the majority. All of their failures are down to them, they have had since 2010 to sort things out, but haven't.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Corbyn as Prime Minister on 14:57 - May 28 with 9923 viewsBartRowou

John Prescott was in Shaw town centre yesterday. He had his cuddly fox and verbal gaffes with him. It was interesting that he barely mentioned Corbyn; it was all anti-Tory.

And I think that's the only way Corbyn will get in i.e. people will vote against more austerity rather than for him and Diane Abbott (said in an incredulous Dead Ringers voice).

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Login to get fewer ads

Corbyn as Prime Minister on 15:05 - May 28 with 9903 viewselectricblue

How can a political party publish a manifesto(should be legally binding 5 yrs)without actually producing facts and figures just like the tories have!
Yet these tories have the gall to stand there and rip into Labours manifesto which actually produces facts and figures im not saying it all adds up though but at least they show where the funding is coming from..

All Frauline Theresa May is interested in is the Brexit deal for her mega rich tory donators and th3le multi national billion making companies...

Everybody seems to think that the tories will walk this election if you have that mindset already then the tories have won...
As for myself the Labour party have the right idea and policies christ even the tories have stolen a few...
Im not particularly connected to any party but this election its Labour all the way even though Corbyn isnt PM material like some say..
Well you dont know until he tries.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Corbyn as Prime Minister on 16:24 - May 28 with 9785 viewsSuddenLad

Corbyn as Prime Minister on 15:05 - May 28 by electricblue

How can a political party publish a manifesto(should be legally binding 5 yrs)without actually producing facts and figures just like the tories have!
Yet these tories have the gall to stand there and rip into Labours manifesto which actually produces facts and figures im not saying it all adds up though but at least they show where the funding is coming from..

All Frauline Theresa May is interested in is the Brexit deal for her mega rich tory donators and th3le multi national billion making companies...

Everybody seems to think that the tories will walk this election if you have that mindset already then the tories have won...
As for myself the Labour party have the right idea and policies christ even the tories have stolen a few...
Im not particularly connected to any party but this election its Labour all the way even though Corbyn isnt PM material like some say..
Well you dont know until he tries.....

Both manifestos were heavily criticised by the IFS. Tories for effectively extending austerity by 5 years, and Labour for spending so much that it would inevitably lead to the highest Peacetime tax rates in British history.

Labour claim that the huge increase in Corporation Tax would pay a large portion of it, but serious commentators claim that those companies would simply move out of the UK, thus leaving yawning gaps in the finances, which will leave Labour plans in tatters..

Then there's Jeremy Corbyn........

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Corbyn as Prime Minister on 16:50 - May 28 with 9763 views1mark1

Corbyn as Prime Minister on 16:24 - May 28 by SuddenLad

Both manifestos were heavily criticised by the IFS. Tories for effectively extending austerity by 5 years, and Labour for spending so much that it would inevitably lead to the highest Peacetime tax rates in British history.

Labour claim that the huge increase in Corporation Tax would pay a large portion of it, but serious commentators claim that those companies would simply move out of the UK, thus leaving yawning gaps in the finances, which will leave Labour plans in tatters..

Then there's Jeremy Corbyn........

These corporations will still be making their money in UK, and therefore will still be liable to pay the tax if they did move. Also Labour committed to making it harder for the likes of Google to avoid paying certain taxes that they avoid or under pay at the moment.

On the question on this country having the highest peacetime levels of taxation, I for one say good. We all need increase in spending on infrastructure, security, NHS, education,etc etc which all sectors of the population including corporations require. The vast majority of people will NOT see their payment of taxes , VAT., NI increase under Labour, but we might under a Tory government, as they have not ruled out such increases.
[Post edited 28 May 2017 16:51]

Corbyn as Prime Minister on 18:49 - May 28 with 9611 viewsdalenumber2

Labour all the way - I'm not voting for Corbyn though I am voting for Liz McInnes. Corbyn may have his faults but if he gets to be Prime Minister he won't be a one-man show and will have to work with the rest of the party in the interests of the country. The Tories policies are no good for anyone except the rich.
Corbyn as Prime Minister on 19:09 - May 28 with 9580 viewsKenBoon

Has the new fella in Rochdale turned up yet? I saw Danczuk was blabbering on about him not living in the parish or something.
Corbyn as Prime Minister on 19:39 - May 28 with 9539 viewsBigKindo

Corbyn as Prime Minister on 16:50 - May 28 by 1mark1

These corporations will still be making their money in UK, and therefore will still be liable to pay the tax if they did move. Also Labour committed to making it harder for the likes of Google to avoid paying certain taxes that they avoid or under pay at the moment.

On the question on this country having the highest peacetime levels of taxation, I for one say good. We all need increase in spending on infrastructure, security, NHS, education,etc etc which all sectors of the population including corporations require. The vast majority of people will NOT see their payment of taxes , VAT., NI increase under Labour, but we might under a Tory government, as they have not ruled out such increases.
[Post edited 28 May 2017 16:51]

Er. Um. You mean like Starbucks, Amazon et al. Large companies will move offshore to reduce their Corporation Tax liabilities. After all Juncker the Drunker was one of the architects in Luxemburg that has helped various companies reduce their potential liabilities by £ 65 billion, billion not million.. Corbynomycs do not add up. I write this as being a founder director of a company that pays Corporation Tax. Companies are far more successful at investing their money and shareholders money if a public company to create job opportunities, than politicians and the bureaucracy that take away your brass, spend it and force you to hand over more to make up the shortfall. Companies should never e be considered to be everlasting milchcows. So you want to be taxed to the hilt and as Denis Healey once said 'I want to tax the rich until the pips squeak' which didn't work. So after 8 years of austerity you want to see a repeat of the shambles the last lot from Labour, Blair, Brown, Abbot etc left behind only for the Tories to return in another 5 years and for austerity to have to recommence all over again. The Doctor gives you a course of antibiotics and half way through you decide to cease the treatment. Then later the problem returns with a vengeance and a need for a stronger dose of medication. No doubt you will respond with low interest rates that it is a good time to fund borrowing. No, debt is debt. We are often critical on this site of football clubs who over borrow and create unsustainable debt. Debt is debt.

I write this as a person who has never been a member of a political party but I would be interested to learn if you are one of the many employed in the public service than wealth creating enterprises. Perhaps if your beloved Jeremy fails in his venture you might consider that the extra tax you would have contributed might be reassigned to local charities.
[Post edited 28 May 2017 19:45]
Corbyn as Prime Minister on 19:44 - May 28 with 9529 views1mark1

Corbyn as Prime Minister on 19:09 - May 28 by KenBoon

Has the new fella in Rochdale turned up yet? I saw Danczuk was blabbering on about him not living in the parish or something.

He has been around all of the constituency, very regularly since he became candidate from my knowledge, including my home last Sunday.
Danczuk is confused as to where he lives, Kingsway or Littleborough. 😀 Of course Danczuk Iived in Darwin, and only permanently moved to Rochdale when he got elected.

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/110146/danczuk-el
[Post edited 28 May 2017 19:48]

Corbyn as Prime Minister on 20:35 - May 28 with 9448 viewsArthurDaley

If you are an ordinary working bloke or women, you cannot vote Tory. Even before Churchill's time the Tory's have had a pathological hatred of the working class.
( and the bitch is trying to stop our winter fuel allowance)

I will vote for the party that stops giving billions of £s away under the guise of overseas development ( or what ever they call it.) It has made millionaires of the Ethiopian Spice girls.

https://cdn-img.pressreader.com/pressdisplay/docserver/getimage.aspx?regionKey=6

PS, every one should vote so my vote goes to Andy Littlewood, Greater Manchester Homeless Voice

A large VAT Dave

Corbyn as Prime Minister on 20:38 - May 28 with 9440 viewsThacks_Rabbits

I really don't get for one minute why labour are considered viable at any level. The damage done to the economy under Blair and Brown has set us back as a country years. I don't particularly like May and the Tories currently but they at least stimulate growth.

As has been said above, screwing companies does the opposite of raising tax. HSBC will bugger off quick if taxes get worse, NHS has been a black hole for ages and needs changing. Why we don't deport all criminals to their country of origin immediately I don't know. Still I am sure it's some human rights guff that keeps us paying the prison bill!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Corbyn as Prime Minister on 21:12 - May 28 with 9390 viewsrochdaleriddler

Are you in spice, the party currently running the country has fooked the economy , the debt is now larger than ever, they have borrowed more than labour whilst promoting austerity. You are being fooled
Mo

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Corbyn as Prime Minister on 21:19 - May 28 with 9376 viewsTipperaryDale

What I don't get is this - we know that dodging tax is morally wrong, but to try to hold the multi-nationals to account is seen as counter productive, in the sense that they'll leave the country and move somewhere else. So let em - simply introduce (and uphold) a law that says if you trade in this country you must pay tax in this country. If anything it would encourage new businesses to open up here. Why do we think Google, Amazon, Starbucks etc are more powerful than us?

UK tax for businesses is already one of the least egregious. We are already a tax haven for the multinationals. Why do I, as a fairly low paid individual, pay more percent tax than Facebook?

And BigKindo - any health service is wealth creating, in a sense that the sick and the dead can't do any work. No matter if it's private or public, it's an investment. If you're the founder director of a company, surely you realise the advantage of having an educated, healthy workforce, who can get to work on time and having the benefit of knowing they'll be looked after in old age, who don't live in fear of criminals, and live with the knowledge that the law will prevail - this is what you pay your taxes for. I agree the service is not sometimes up to scratch - far too much is public money is wasted on consultants, highly-paid CEOs, fraud, pointless political restructures and on contracting out public services to private vultures (Serco, G4S, Virgin, Capita et al). I feel for the small and medium business owner, because not only have they got the government against them but they are playing on an uneven playing field.
Corbyn as Prime Minister on 21:24 - May 28 with 9362 viewsrochdaleriddler

Corbyn as Prime Minister on 20:38 - May 28 by Thacks_Rabbits

I really don't get for one minute why labour are considered viable at any level. The damage done to the economy under Blair and Brown has set us back as a country years. I don't particularly like May and the Tories currently but they at least stimulate growth.

As has been said above, screwing companies does the opposite of raising tax. HSBC will bugger off quick if taxes get worse, NHS has been a black hole for ages and needs changing. Why we don't deport all criminals to their country of origin immediately I don't know. Still I am sure it's some human rights guff that keeps us paying the prison bill!

Stimulate growth 😂Not in workers wages, maybe in billionaires bank balances- for the few

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Corbyn as Prime Minister on 21:34 - May 28 with 9349 viewsCaboose

Don't normally post but I feel I have to put a point across here.

I've heard quite a few labour supporters over the past few weeks say they might not vote labour cos they're aren't too sure about JC. These same people are the ones who have been slating this Tory government for the last few years.

I genuinely cannot understand the thinking behind this. As a labour supporter myself I was gutted when JC won the leadership election because I, like many, formed a judgement against him due to what other people had said about him locally & nationally. However, after watching & listening to him over time I have come to like him both as a person & a leader.

He is exactly what people have been crying out for over the years, completely the opposite to those greedy, selfish politicians everybody claims to hate. But those same people are saying they can't vote for him because he isn't a "traditional politician". Make your mind up guys.

I know he's not everybody's cup of tea but if you want somebody who's going to look after the working class then surely this is the best opportunity to get that.

As for the comments about the NHS some people have said. Try working in it, then say that the torys aren't to blame for the state it's in. I genuinely don't know any colleague of mine who is considering voting Tory because that will spell the end of the NHS full stop. I'm proud to work in the NHS and I'm proud of its core values, but when you have a government who is single handedly destroying one of the best things about this country I can't help but feel angry & betrayed.

Obviously there'll be a mix of political parties on here and not everyone will agree with what I've said, but I'm emploring those who are considering quitting labour to really think this through. Is another 4 years of Tory cuts & Theresa may really worth it because you're "not too sure about Corbyn".

This is labours best chance to win for a long time. Let's not waste it
Corbyn as Prime Minister on 22:18 - May 28 with 9289 viewsD_Alien

Corbyn as Prime Minister on 21:34 - May 28 by Caboose

I've heard quite a few labour supporters over the past few weeks say they might not vote labour cos they're aren't too sure about JC. These same people are the ones who have been slating this Tory government for the last few years.

I genuinely cannot understand the thinking behind this. As a labour supporter myself I was gutted when JC won the leadership election because I, like many, formed a judgement against him due to what other people had said about him locally & nationally. However, after watching & listening to him over time I have come to like him both as a person & a leader.

He is exactly what people have been crying out for over the years, completely the opposite to those greedy, selfish politicians everybody claims to hate. But those same people are saying they can't vote for him because he isn't a "traditional politician". Make your mind up guys.

I know he's not everybody's cup of tea but if you want somebody who's going to look after the working class then surely this is the best opportunity to get that.

As for the comments about the NHS some people have said. Try working in it, then say that the torys aren't to blame for the state it's in. I genuinely don't know any colleague of mine who is considering voting Tory because that will spell the end of the NHS full stop. I'm proud to work in the NHS and I'm proud of its core values, but when you have a government who is single handedly destroying one of the best things about this country I can't help but feel angry & betrayed.

Obviously there'll be a mix of political parties on here and not everyone will agree with what I've said, but I'm emploring those who are considering quitting labour to really think this through. Is another 4 years of Tory cuts & Theresa may really worth it because you're "not too sure about Corbyn".

"Try working in it, then say that the torys aren't to blame for the state it's in"

I worked in the NHS for more than 30 years and I can categorically tell you that the billions upon billions of taxpayers cash thrown at the NHS by Labour between 1997-2010 were, in the main, utterly wasted - on pretend jobs with fancy titles and an IT system that was supposed to link primary and secondary care but never stood a chance in hell of working. The latter alone cost us £20bn for nothing.

I'm not saying the Tories are great at running the NHS but their aim is at least to try and have it run more efficiently. Anyone who actually knows anything about the NHS - instead of just trying to score political points - understands that it's the demographics of an aging population plus those who're too damned lazy to take care of the basics of their own health that's causing the problem. The NHS was designed to look after those who, through no fault of their own, happened to fall ill or suffer an accident. It's now virtually impossible for anyone to try to re-design it without drawing so much political backlash that they give up. I love the NHS and all it stands for, but I despair at the shortsightedness of many who work within it at what a modern health service should look like. Many other countries are now much better than us at delivering high quality and timely health care, but we're stuck with an attitude from the 1940s

[Post edited 28 May 2017 22:22]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Corbyn as Prime Minister on 22:20 - May 28 with 9281 viewsR17ALE

Corbyn as Prime Minister on 21:34 - May 28 by Caboose

I'm going to get massive negs for this post, but I don't give a shit.

Corbyn is a tosser. A professional protester who couldn't run a bath, never mind a country.

He's a cosseted middle class champagne socialist who bleats against everyone, like he's a virtue of decency.

The country won't fall for it and I predict a massive Tory win because of him. A Labour win would be a disaster.

And all the lefties on here can fook off after they've negged me. It's the country that decides, not a few deluded Trots.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Corbyn as Prime Minister on 22:28 - May 28 with 9261 viewsCaboose

Corbyn as Prime Minister on 22:20 - May 28 by R17ALE

I'm going to get massive negs for this post, but I don't give a shit.

Corbyn is a tosser. A professional protester who couldn't run a bath, never mind a country.

He's a cosseted middle class champagne socialist who bleats against everyone, like he's a virtue of decency.

The country won't fall for it and I predict a massive Tory win because of him. A Labour win would be a disaster.

And all the lefties on here can fook off after they've negged me. It's the country that decides, not a few deluded Trots.

Yeah because Theresa May is so much better than him!? She's been torn a new one these past few weeks not just by labour but by the press and even her own party. I just don't see how May is a more viable option than anyone else.

Everyone has a right to air their opinion but there's no need to act like a complete to$$er especially when the majority of people on here are understanding and accepting of other people's opinions.
Corbyn as Prime Minister on 22:30 - May 28 with 9255 viewsroccydaleian

Corbyn as Prime Minister on 22:18 - May 28 by D_Alien

"Try working in it, then say that the torys aren't to blame for the state it's in"

I worked in the NHS for more than 30 years and I can categorically tell you that the billions upon billions of taxpayers cash thrown at the NHS by Labour between 1997-2010 were, in the main, utterly wasted - on pretend jobs with fancy titles and an IT system that was supposed to link primary and secondary care but never stood a chance in hell of working. The latter alone cost us £20bn for nothing.

I'm not saying the Tories are great at running the NHS but their aim is at least to try and have it run more efficiently. Anyone who actually knows anything about the NHS - instead of just trying to score political points - understands that it's the demographics of an aging population plus those who're too damned lazy to take care of the basics of their own health that's causing the problem. The NHS was designed to look after those who, through no fault of their own, happened to fall ill or suffer an accident. It's now virtually impossible for anyone to try to re-design it without drawing so much political backlash that they give up. I love the NHS and all it stands for, but I despair at the shortsightedness of many who work within it at what a modern health service should look like. Many other countries are now much better than us at delivering high quality and timely health care, but we're stuck with an attitude from the 1940s

[Post edited 28 May 2017 22:22]

Cracking post D_Alien .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024