Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer transfer window 08:00 - Mar 8 with 2355 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Perfect timing, now the club is "up for sale", there will be no transfers in the window while things are up in the air / settling down / whatever the status is. Well played Gao, well played.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Summer transfer window (n/t) on 10:22 - Mar 8 with 2282 viewsDellHero

[Post edited 10 May 2020 17:49]
Summer transfer window on 10:55 - Mar 8 with 2266 viewsdirk_doone

Summer transfer window (n/t) on 10:22 - Mar 8 by DellHero

Well that's always been the case, with the proviso that the squad had to be left just good enough to avoid relegation.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Summer transfer window on 07:54 - Mar 11 with 2154 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Summer transfer window (n/t) on 10:22 - Mar 8 by DellHero

Absolutely.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Summer transfer window on 08:22 - Mar 11 with 2117 viewsthis_charming_man

My fear is It took Kat years to find a buyer so can’t see anyone queuing up to buy us now, we aren’t a particularly good investment. As soon as we are about to report a negative set of accounts Goa wants out. With no buyer he’ll do the minimum possible in the transfer market, which he already is anyway but worse still sell off any player he can to return to profit, next season could be worse than this one.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Summer transfer window on 09:33 - Mar 11 with 2065 viewsSaintNick

Firstly every football club is up for sale, the only question is how actively they are seeking that sale, everyone on here is willing to paint Gao as the villain of the piece, but all he has done since he has been here is follow Markus Liebherr's blueprint of a club that is self sufficient as a business (do not confuse that original blueprint with the one issued by Markus's financial adviser when he had ousted the original CEO)

So why would Gao want to sell ? well perhaps because he can't invest into the club's infrastucture as he may want to, when he bought the club almost three years ago China's relationship with the West was good, their government wanted their companies to invest in sport in the west.

Now that has change, the issues between China and Trump stopped investment money going out of China and now we have the corona virus with China in lockdown and stock markets crashing.

So Gao might not wish to sell his investment, but these issues may mean he has to.

Perhaps this is not entirely accurate, but it is more plausible that the kneejerk reactions I see on social media.

The plan has been in place from the start, we are run as a business, so we continue to run as a business, our problem has been poor spending in the last couple of years in the transfer window, £80 million of players out on loan and another £66 million in Gunn, Boufal, Vestergaard and Adams who can't get in the team.

A club of our size cannot take the strain on that sort of money spent and not getting a return, add the wages to the bill and it is obvious to those with a bit of footballing knowledge why we are having to tread the path we are.

Gao's problem is he hasn't written this off and said here's £100 million buy more dross as Everton, Villa & West Ham have done.

I truly despair as to how we can prosper as a club whilst so many of our supporters are negative and more to the point want to be negative about every single little thing.

The only way forward seems to be if a multi Billionaire buys us and turns us into Manchester City, that is the only answer for some as they are not willing to leave the mistakes of the past firmly in the past and continue to blame those in charge of the club now for the mistakes made by their predecessors.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Summer transfer window on 09:42 - Mar 11 with 2058 viewsIngskneeslide

Summer transfer window on 09:33 - Mar 11 by SaintNick

Firstly every football club is up for sale, the only question is how actively they are seeking that sale, everyone on here is willing to paint Gao as the villain of the piece, but all he has done since he has been here is follow Markus Liebherr's blueprint of a club that is self sufficient as a business (do not confuse that original blueprint with the one issued by Markus's financial adviser when he had ousted the original CEO)

So why would Gao want to sell ? well perhaps because he can't invest into the club's infrastucture as he may want to, when he bought the club almost three years ago China's relationship with the West was good, their government wanted their companies to invest in sport in the west.

Now that has change, the issues between China and Trump stopped investment money going out of China and now we have the corona virus with China in lockdown and stock markets crashing.

So Gao might not wish to sell his investment, but these issues may mean he has to.

Perhaps this is not entirely accurate, but it is more plausible that the kneejerk reactions I see on social media.

The plan has been in place from the start, we are run as a business, so we continue to run as a business, our problem has been poor spending in the last couple of years in the transfer window, £80 million of players out on loan and another £66 million in Gunn, Boufal, Vestergaard and Adams who can't get in the team.

A club of our size cannot take the strain on that sort of money spent and not getting a return, add the wages to the bill and it is obvious to those with a bit of footballing knowledge why we are having to tread the path we are.

Gao's problem is he hasn't written this off and said here's £100 million buy more dross as Everton, Villa & West Ham have done.

I truly despair as to how we can prosper as a club whilst so many of our supporters are negative and more to the point want to be negative about every single little thing.

The only way forward seems to be if a multi Billionaire buys us and turns us into Manchester City, that is the only answer for some as they are not willing to leave the mistakes of the past firmly in the past and continue to blame those in charge of the club now for the mistakes made by their predecessors.

“truly despair as to how we can prosper as a club whilst so many of our supporters are negative and more to the point want to be negative about every single little thing.”

Thought it was getting a little bit late in your post for you to sneak in a dig at Saints fans. If us fans had written nicer things on mongboards than maybe we’d be European regulars by now
Summer transfer window on 10:05 - Mar 11 with 2042 viewsButty101

"So why would Gao want to sell ? well perhaps because he can't invest into the club's infrastucture as he may want to, when he bought the club almost three years ago China's relationship with the West was good, their government wanted their companies to invest in sport in the west.

Now that has change, the issues between China and Trump stopped investment money going out of China and now we have the corona virus with China in lockdown and stock markets crashing."

Yet amazingly Wolves Chinese owners have amazingly invested in their club over the last 3 years.

What annoys me about Nick, is that he will never acknowledge that Kat sold the fans a lie when selling out to Gao.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Summer transfer window on 10:15 - Mar 11 with 2034 viewsthis_charming_man

Summer transfer window on 09:33 - Mar 11 by SaintNick

utter nonsense. I dont think i've seen a single fan every demand a billionare buy us. What i see is a lot of fans very very frustrated that issues continue to be ignored. We went into the January transfer window with the manager saying it was vital we improve the defence, esepcially at full back, we came out of it weaker! It wasn't the managers fault as he made it clear where we need to strengthen. He's only been allowed to bring in 2 signings in 3 transfer windows, all funded by sales.

The squad now is bascially the same one which has struggled since Goa got here, minus the crap signings all loaned out and the only decent incoming to improve the first team squad being Ings and Armstrong in about 3 years.

Login to get fewer ads

Summer transfer window on 10:25 - Mar 11 with 2021 viewsSaintNick

Summer transfer window on 10:05 - Mar 11 by Butty101

"So why would Gao want to sell ? well perhaps because he can't invest into the club's infrastucture as he may want to, when he bought the club almost three years ago China's relationship with the West was good, their government wanted their companies to invest in sport in the west.

Now that has change, the issues between China and Trump stopped investment money going out of China and now we have the corona virus with China in lockdown and stock markets crashing."

Yet amazingly Wolves Chinese owners have amazingly invested in their club over the last 3 years.

What annoys me about Nick, is that he will never acknowledge that Kat sold the fans a lie when selling out to Gao.

I can't comment on Wolves, but a quick google shows they bought the club for £45 million so they had £155 million left to spend on the club than Gao did in that respect.

Secondly they have been looking for fresh investment since October last year as the group has financial problems as this link below shows.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7560091/Wolves-chairman-Jeff-

Not sure how Wolves are getting on at the moment in finding that investment

So why does it annoy you, I can't acknowledge that I think Kat sold the fans a lie because I don't think she did, if Gao turns out to be a wrong un so to speak, that is not her fault.

What was said when he took over was he had the money to take the step forward, it never mentioned transfer money, Gao said as did Markus before him that the club had to run as a business and that is a good strategy.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Summer transfer window on 10:27 - Mar 11 with 2018 viewsthis_charming_man

Summer transfer window on 10:25 - Mar 11 by SaintNick

I can't comment on Wolves, but a quick google shows they bought the club for £45 million so they had £155 million left to spend on the club than Gao did in that respect.

Secondly they have been looking for fresh investment since October last year as the group has financial problems as this link below shows.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7560091/Wolves-chairman-Jeff-

So why does it annoy you, I can't acknowledge that I think Kat sold the fans a lie because I don't think she did, if Gao turns out to be a wrong un so to speak, that is not her fault.

What was said when he took over was he had the money to take the step forward, it never mentioned transfer money, Gao said as did Markus before him that the club had to run as a business and that is a good strategy.

Do you think we are in a better or worse position now than when Goa arrived?

Summer transfer window on 12:33 - Mar 11 with 1965 viewsButty101

Genuine Question - What do you think Kat meant then she kept saying she was looking for investment to take us to the next level?

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Summer transfer window on 14:55 - Mar 11 with 1932 viewsdirk_doone

Summer transfer window on 12:33 - Mar 11 by Butty101

Genuine Question - What do you think Kat meant then she kept saying she was looking for investment to take us to the next level?

What she meant was that she was looking for investment to take her bank account to the next level.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Summer transfer window on 15:02 - Mar 11 with 1925 viewsthis_charming_man

Summer transfer window on 14:55 - Mar 11 by dirk_doone

What she meant was that she was looking for investment to take her bank account to the next level.

To be blunt it seems like Goa was the only offer on the table. She'd wanted to sell for a while and after all that time the only person willing to pay what she wanted was a bloke they found a loop hole in systems to shoe horn in, then they closed it so some like him cant take over a premier league club again. the whole thing was dodgy from the start and despite Nicks constant defence of Goa is it really any wonder fans never trusted him? What's he done since then to convince any of us he has any interest in the club whatsoever?

We're in a worse position now than when he arrived, those running the club day to day are running around trying to put their fingers in the holes of years of f*ck ups not just before him but since he's been here and all we get is told to stop being so negative, Goa isn't the best owner but he isn't the worst one.

Summer transfer window (n/t) on 15:27 - Mar 11 with 1907 viewsDellHero

Summer transfer window on 15:02 - Mar 11 by this_charming_man

To be blunt it seems like Goa was the only offer on the table. She'd wanted to sell for a while and after all that time the only person willing to pay what she wanted was a bloke they found a loop hole in systems to shoe horn in, then they closed it so some like him cant take over a premier league club again. the whole thing was dodgy from the start and despite Nicks constant defence of Goa is it really any wonder fans never trusted him? What's he done since then to convince any of us he has any interest in the club whatsoever?

We're in a worse position now than when he arrived, those running the club day to day are running around trying to put their fingers in the holes of years of f*ck ups not just before him but since he's been here and all we get is told to stop being so negative, Goa isn't the best owner but he isn't the worst one.

[Post edited 10 May 2020 17:48]
Summer transfer window on 15:34 - Mar 11 with 1899 viewsthis_charming_man

Summer transfer window (n/t) on 15:27 - Mar 11 by DellHero

[Post edited 10 May 2020 17:48]

West Ham and Newcastle fans go absolutely nuts about Ashley and Sullivan, but we get told to stop being negative LOL

Summer transfer window on 19:49 - Mar 11 with 1826 viewsDorsetIan

Nick, I am all for a measured view, balanced score sheet, that sort of thing, but I really don‘t understand why you continue to support Gao?

If I wanted to be generous to him I would say (a) he doesn’t seem to have taken much out of the business (at least by the time of the accounts) and (b) maybe his financial or political status in China has taken an unexpected dip, so that through no fault of his own he can’t do what he’d hoped to do.

But my instinct is that there’s been something fishy going on all along - particularly the decidedly weird sponsorship deal and his relationship to the Chinese state. It seems to me that his position has now been forced by his failure to meet his instalment to Kat (if that is true).

And in the meantime he really has done very little to the club’s long term benefit. He gets no credit from me for just balancing the books. Any half decent FD can do that. What is needed from an owner is ambition, leadership, and the ability to make sensible investment decisions, and he‘s offered none of that.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024