Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gambling 10:52 - Oct 19 with 890 viewspjt50

Fair do's. I was critical of the club for jumping on the bandwagon and plastering ads for betting companies on the front of their shirts, so it's good to see this initiative:

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2020-10-19/southampton-fc-support-launch-of-r

At the end of the day football clubs are just businesses, but it's heartening when they demonstrate awareness of their role in society.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Gambling on 10:59 - Oct 19 with 884 viewsSadoldgit

Taking money from gambling on the one hand, supporting those with a gambling addiction on the other. Seems a bit odd. I know that they had to get a sponsorship deal done quickly and fair play to them for doing it, but I would have preferred another sponsor.
Gambling on 11:00 - Oct 19 with 883 viewsChesham_Saint

They may be just businesses but public companies at least, need to demonstrate ‘corporate social responsibility’ but anyway, I agree, a good move by the club.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Gambling on 12:53 - Oct 19 with 834 viewsSalisburySaint

Gambling on 10:59 - Oct 19 by Sadoldgit

Taking money from gambling on the one hand, supporting those with a gambling addiction on the other. Seems a bit odd. I know that they had to get a sponsorship deal done quickly and fair play to them for doing it, but I would have preferred another sponsor.

After LD Sports went bust, Saints were unfortunately given little option but to accept a betting sponsor for this season, it's been said Katrina wasn't in favour, but club desperately need the income
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024