Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy Place 13:20 - Nov 18 with 1741 viewsdwayne_dibley

FFS I have been to the rundown cesspit they call Burnley, "happy place" they must kidding

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54978744
[Post edited 19 Nov 2020 6:57]

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Happy Place on 13:52 - Nov 18 with 1715 viewsBerber

On most Burnley supporter sites, they know they are living the dream just staying in the PL. But actually, they are generally a happy bunch. There must be something in the Pennines water.
Happy Place on 23:58 - Nov 18 with 1613 viewsTimSaint

Happy Place on 13:52 - Nov 18 by Berber

On most Burnley supporter sites, they know they are living the dream just staying in the PL. But actually, they are generally a happy bunch. There must be something in the Pennines water.

They were certainly a happy bunch the last time I went up there, which was for the season opener 15 months ago.. It was absolutely pissing down the whole time and a few locals I spoke with pre-match in the cricket club bar next to the ground, jokingly said they had ordered the Lancashire weather especially for our visit. A few hours later and their happiness was raised to the max with their 3-0 win !!

.....I'm sure things have taken a turn for the worse since their team's poor start this season, but then if you live where it rains that much, I'm sure the smallest things will make you happy !! :-)

TimSaint

Happy Place on 07:44 - Nov 19 with 1539 viewsSaintNick

The great John Cooper Clarke wrote a poem about Burnley.

Burnley

I’ll tell you now and I’ll tell you firmly
I don’t never want to go to Burnley
What they do there don’t concern me
Why would anybody make the journey?

I’ll tell you know and I’ll tell you flatly
I don’t never want to go to Gatley
I don’t even want to go to Batley
Where is that place exactly

Do I wanna to go to Redditch?
I wouldn’t visit in a souped-up sheddish
what am I some kind of Nebbish?
No I don’t want to go to Reddish

I’ll tell you now and I’ll tell you briefley
I don’t never want to go to Keighley
I’ll tell you now, just like I told Elsa Lanchester…
I don’t ever want to go to… Cumbernauld

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Happy Place on 08:06 - Nov 19 with 1521 viewssolent_toffee

Happy Place on 23:58 - Nov 18 by TimSaint

They were certainly a happy bunch the last time I went up there, which was for the season opener 15 months ago.. It was absolutely pissing down the whole time and a few locals I spoke with pre-match in the cricket club bar next to the ground, jokingly said they had ordered the Lancashire weather especially for our visit. A few hours later and their happiness was raised to the max with their 3-0 win !!

.....I'm sure things have taken a turn for the worse since their team's poor start this season, but then if you live where it rains that much, I'm sure the smallest things will make you happy !! :-)

Every time I’ve been to Burnley it’s been dark and miserable. I even delivered some training for the club the summer before last in an outdoor centre that they own in the middle of Summer. It was lovely down South but apocalyptic in Burnley. Pitch black and torrential rain for two days.
Happy Place on 09:05 - Nov 19 with 1486 viewsChesham_Saint

One of the most depressing dumps I've been to was Blackburn, Burnley's traditional rivals. There appeared to be no town centre and the pubs were awful, populated by what seemed to be people who'd simply given up on life.

Was I in the wrong part of town, or is it just the bit near the ground that's the Lancs version of Purgatory (yes, those damn torys again)?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Happy Place on 09:28 - Nov 19 with 1470 viewssolent_toffee

Happy Place on 09:05 - Nov 19 by Chesham_Saint

One of the most depressing dumps I've been to was Blackburn, Burnley's traditional rivals. There appeared to be no town centre and the pubs were awful, populated by what seemed to be people who'd simply given up on life.

Was I in the wrong part of town, or is it just the bit near the ground that's the Lancs version of Purgatory (yes, those damn torys again)?

There are literally loads of places like that up north. I’m sure there are loads down south too, I’ve just not come across them/been able to avoid them.
Happy Place on 09:46 - Nov 19 with 1452 viewsRon11

Happy Place on 09:28 - Nov 19 by solent_toffee

There are literally loads of places like that up north. I’m sure there are loads down south too, I’ve just not come across them/been able to avoid them.

You've not been to Portsmouth then?
Happy Place on 09:58 - Nov 19 with 1445 viewskingslandstand1

My recollection of Blackburn are all the slag heaps around the place and Coronation Street houses, but that was a few years ago mind. We did win though
Login to get fewer ads

Happy Place on 13:15 - Nov 19 with 1370 viewssolent_toffee

Happy Place on 09:46 - Nov 19 by Ron11

You've not been to Portsmouth then?

Straight into the top corner, goalkeeper didn’t have a chance
Happy Place on 23:41 - Nov 19 with 1271 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Anyone who has a go at Burnley and surrounding area has not spent decent time there. My Dad's family are all from Burnley as we went up a LOT - granted they live in areas around Burnley, but it's wonderful. Fresh air, walks, friendly people - a much nicer pace of life.

Blackburn is crap. Preston is crap, most of Burnley is crap, but the proper Lancastrians are decent folk and p*ss all over Yorkshire folk.

I've spent many hours on Pendle Hill, absolutely love it. Would buy up there in a heartbeat if I could guarantee work ... now that reality is closer than ever thanks to Coronavirus and everyone WFH.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Happy Place on 10:05 - Nov 20 with 1187 viewsBerber

I've been to weddings in both Blackburn and Burnley, dreary, drab, cold and wet, but the people were a laugh. But there again, both times it was at weddings where folk generally aim to have a good time.
Happy Place on 19:03 - Nov 20 with 1142 viewsdwayne_dibley

Happy Place on 10:05 - Nov 20 by Berber

I've been to weddings in both Blackburn and Burnley, dreary, drab, cold and wet, but the people were a laugh. But there again, both times it was at weddings where folk generally aim to have a good time.

brothers and sisters always make a good match

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024