Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stephens 20:56 - Jan 30 with 956 viewsRon11

Watkins gets a shot in through his legs, then he stands there like a tit in trance while Barkley scores.
Meanwhile Spit Boy and Roy Keane agree it's definitely a penalty up the other end.
And Ings looks pissed off....
Stephens on 09:38 - Jan 31 with 821 viewsBerber

I was furious when they scored, but later in the game, Grealish again got a cross in and both CBs moved back in unison to cut out the low cross, so obviously it is what they are coached to do. So I forgive him. I did think at the end that Ings is really too good for the team supporting him, sadly. On today's showing, Redmond, Djeneppo and Walcott should be upgraded. To be fair to Walcott, he has had some much better games this season, but that can hardly be said for Redmond and Djeneppo. Djeneppo should be able to do basic defensive work without Ralph having to scream step by step instructions to him from the sideline.
Stephens on 13:40 - Jan 31 with 769 viewsFrontwheeler

Stephens on 09:38 - Jan 31 by Berber

I was furious when they scored, but later in the game, Grealish again got a cross in and both CBs moved back in unison to cut out the low cross, so obviously it is what they are coached to do. So I forgive him. I did think at the end that Ings is really too good for the team supporting him, sadly. On today's showing, Redmond, Djeneppo and Walcott should be upgraded. To be fair to Walcott, he has had some much better games this season, but that can hardly be said for Redmond and Djeneppo. Djeneppo should be able to do basic defensive work without Ralph having to scream step by step instructions to him from the sideline.

Why play players out of position?
Ward Prowse is not a right back and was nowhere near quick enough to track Grealish. Diallo could have been a slightly better option but there must be an alternative player who actually plays as a natural RB?
Valery appears good going forward but neglects to get back at the same pace?! Who else have we got? Squad is down to the bare bones!
If Vesty man returns could Stephens play RB? probably not. We are a small experienced squad with little depth. B Team who have you got?????????
Stephens on 13:55 - Jan 31 with 757 viewsdirk_doone

If the officials had got the decisions right, we'd now be congratulating the team on a hard-fought victory against a good Villa side, even better than the one against Burnley that ended our poor start to the season. Instead people are criticising Ralph and the players. That is totally unfair, as they did extremely well to stick at it when so many bad decisions were going against them. Almost every decision was going against them. Even the throw-ins were being wrongly awarded to Villa, which is how Ward-Prowse ended up with a yellow card.

That was the most inept performance by a whole team of officials I have ever seen at St Mary's. Our players must have been seething, which would have made it that much more difficult to concentrate.

[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 22:35]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024