Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leicester semi final next week... 14:05 - Apr 11 with 1370 views1885_SFC

I'm just watching West Ham v Leicester and a pre-match interview with Rogers. He's left Maddison & Perez out of the squad altogether. They're both fit but are being kept for our semi final game next weekend

He's sounding twitchy/panicky already

Old School is Cool

Leicester semi final next week... on 14:17 - Apr 11 with 1338 viewsBicester_North

Was thinking I’d like them to lose today but as long as they don’t batter West Ham 3 or 4-0 it probably means nothing, a cup semi is all about who turns up and plays best on the day.

All we can hope is to not pick up any injuries ourselves this week, I’m crapping it about tomorrow’s match that one of our best players pulls up or gets a horrible tackle.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Leicester semi final next week... on 14:24 - Apr 11 with 1322 views1885_SFC

Leicester semi final next week... on 14:17 - Apr 11 by Bicester_North

Was thinking I’d like them to lose today but as long as they don’t batter West Ham 3 or 4-0 it probably means nothing, a cup semi is all about who turns up and plays best on the day.

All we can hope is to not pick up any injuries ourselves this week, I’m crapping it about tomorrow’s match that one of our best players pulls up or gets a horrible tackle.

I'm hoping that we can get the job done in the first half tomorrow night & then rest a couple for the semi. Ings, KWP and Theo are all a bit injury prone and we'll definitely need all 3 next weekend.

I would imagine Ralph will be thinking likewise. After this weekends PL results, we aren't going down. He may as well focus on a rare FA Cup semi-final appearance for the Saints and aim for some silverware!

Old School is Cool

Leicester semi final next week... on 16:08 - Apr 11 with 1247 views1885_SFC

They should all be banned from next weeks' semi final...

https://www.rt.com/sport/520736-leicester-city-covid-house-party-maddison/

Old School is Cool

Leicester semi final next week... on 16:33 - Apr 11 with 1215 viewsdirk_doone

Leicester semi final next week... on 16:08 - Apr 11 by 1885_SFC

They should all be banned from next weeks' semi final...

https://www.rt.com/sport/520736-leicester-city-covid-house-party-maddison/

They are beginning to implode. They are in real danger of losing their Champions League place, when not long ago they looked certain to finish in the top 2. We'll be the form team going into the semi-final, just as long as we keep the winning run going and beat West Brom.

They had the confidence boost of a big win v Sheffield United before their quarter-final but they'll be going into the semi-final on the back of 2 defeats.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2021 16:40]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Leicester semi final next week... on 18:22 - Apr 11 with 1112 viewscynicalsaint

Leicester semi final next week... on 16:33 - Apr 11 by dirk_doone

They are beginning to implode. They are in real danger of losing their Champions League place, when not long ago they looked certain to finish in the top 2. We'll be the form team going into the semi-final, just as long as we keep the winning run going and beat West Brom.

They had the confidence boost of a big win v Sheffield United before their quarter-final but they'll be going into the semi-final on the back of 2 defeats.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2021 16:40]

James Maddison is a grade 'A' tw4t.

And will no doubt play a blinder next Sunday after a week's rest.
Leicester semi final next week... on 18:28 - Apr 11 with 1103 viewscocklebreath

Leicester semi final next week... on 18:22 - Apr 11 by cynicalsaint

Agreed he’s an arrogant little twerp and yes he’ll play a blinder slongside step toe.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Leicester semi final next week... on 21:30 - Apr 11 with 966 viewskingslandstand1

Leicester semi final next week... on 18:22 - Apr 11 by cynicalsaint

He also turned us down to go to Leicester ..................
Leicester semi final next week... on 10:07 - Apr 12 with 766 viewsSaintNick

Leicester semi final next week... on 21:30 - Apr 11 by kingslandstand1

He also turned us down to go to Leicester ..................

We just have to go out and play without fear as we did earlier in the season, this season's league has been a funny one due to Covid and the lack of crowds has thrown up some strange results.

Personally I think Leicester are a good side but not a great one and their form has become a little patch as Jamie Vardy is in the worst patch is his career with them , he scored fro fun at the start of the season, but now has scored just once since mid december, he has turned 34 now, he must be lacking a yard or two of pace that was there a couple of seasons ago but is slowly going.

Problem for Leicester is they are losing their most potent player of the last 6 years and they haven't got the money to replace him.

Likewise Scmeichel in goal is also 34 and his reflexes will start to drop, Evans and Allbrighton are all past 30, it will be interesting to see what they will do.

A look at their transfer strategy sees they have had a net spend after departures of about £20 million per year and a big part of that was funded by the Premier League title and Champions league etc .

To replace the Vardy of pre Xmas they will need to spend £40-50 million and I'm not sure they will have it

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Login to get fewer ads

Leicester semi final next week... on 10:57 - Apr 12 with 737 views1885_SFC

Leicester semi final next week... on 10:07 - Apr 12 by SaintNick

We just have to go out and play without fear as we did earlier in the season, this season's league has been a funny one due to Covid and the lack of crowds has thrown up some strange results.

Personally I think Leicester are a good side but not a great one and their form has become a little patch as Jamie Vardy is in the worst patch is his career with them , he scored fro fun at the start of the season, but now has scored just once since mid december, he has turned 34 now, he must be lacking a yard or two of pace that was there a couple of seasons ago but is slowly going.

Problem for Leicester is they are losing their most potent player of the last 6 years and they haven't got the money to replace him.

Likewise Scmeichel in goal is also 34 and his reflexes will start to drop, Evans and Allbrighton are all past 30, it will be interesting to see what they will do.

A look at their transfer strategy sees they have had a net spend after departures of about £20 million per year and a big part of that was funded by the Premier League title and Champions league etc .

To replace the Vardy of pre Xmas they will need to spend £40-50 million and I'm not sure they will have it

And of course, their owner sadly died in that helicopter accident.

I know the owner's family said they'd carry on with the funding, etc... but we know better than anybody that offspring of the owner don't quite have the same passion for a club as their father did.

Old School is Cool

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024