Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England's biggest danger playing Italy 18:40 - Jul 8 with 1076 viewsgrumpy

us getting a player sent off.
England's biggest danger playing Italy on 19:34 - Jul 8 with 1035 viewskernow

Yes and getting conned, giving away stupid free kicks in dangerous places and getting involved with their nonsense gamesmanship.
Very skilful opponents but very cunning.
England's biggest danger playing Italy on 19:54 - Jul 8 with 1018 viewsBazza

England's biggest danger playing Italy on 19:34 - Jul 8 by kernow

Yes and getting conned, giving away stupid free kicks in dangerous places and getting involved with their nonsense gamesmanship.
Very skilful opponents but very cunning.

Yes, Maguire for one looks to have a short fuse
England's biggest danger playing Italy on 08:33 - Jul 9 with 907 viewsCity_boy

England's biggest danger playing Italy on 19:54 - Jul 8 by Bazza

Agree with comment about Maguire. During Denmark game he needed to just walk away, but looked like he was well wound up. I thought at the time he was treading a fine line and needed to calm down.

On the flip side, I was very impressed with Sako. He looked very mature and just gets on with it, without any drama after being fouled numerous times.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2021 8:33]
England's biggest danger playing Italy on 09:35 - Jul 9 with 863 viewsDorsetIan

I expect to see the Italians adopt an attitude of breezy confidence.

I still can't get over Chiellini joking around before the penalty kicks against Spain.

There's a suggestion that this is 'just the Italians', so carefree etc. I think that's b0ll0cks. I think it's a deliberate ploy - a sort of passive aggression designed to belittle the other team.

And we all know that it's paper thin. Get them on the back foot and they'll be behaving like petulant children with no sense of humour at all.

We need a good plan to respond to this. Need to make sure they don't get the psychological upper hand. Play them at their own game. For those who remember Dad's Army: they don't like it up 'em.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

England's biggest danger playing Italy on 10:08 - Jul 9 with 853 viewsBison

England's biggest danger playing Italy on 09:35 - Jul 9 by DorsetIan

I expect to see the Italians adopt an attitude of breezy confidence.

I still can't get over Chiellini joking around before the penalty kicks against Spain.

There's a suggestion that this is 'just the Italians', so carefree etc. I think that's b0ll0cks. I think it's a deliberate ploy - a sort of passive aggression designed to belittle the other team.

And we all know that it's paper thin. Get them on the back foot and they'll be behaving like petulant children with no sense of humour at all.

We need a good plan to respond to this. Need to make sure they don't get the psychological upper hand. Play them at their own game. For those who remember Dad's Army: they don't like it up 'em.

I am on a course at Fratton park today, the Pompey Supporters trust are giving a lesson on how to boo as they are across the globe regarded as the best boo'ers on the planet.

Bring on that Italian anthem , I'll be ready.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

England's biggest danger playing Italy on 10:31 - Jul 9 with 832 viewsSadoldgit

When I grew up Italian football was all about defence, dark arts and the cynical foul. It is good to see them embrace full on attacking football now and their go for broke spirit against Soughgate’s pragmatism should make for a fascinating game. Having said that, they still celebrate a last ditch tackle as if it were a goal, so perhaps it is still in their DNA after all?
England's biggest danger playing Italy on 11:22 - Jul 9 with 803 viewsBison

England's biggest danger playing Italy on 10:31 - Jul 9 by Sadoldgit

When I grew up Italian football was all about defence, dark arts and the cynical foul. It is good to see them embrace full on attacking football now and their go for broke spirit against Soughgate’s pragmatism should make for a fascinating game. Having said that, they still celebrate a last ditch tackle as if it were a goal, so perhaps it is still in their DNA after all?

You like looking at what others think of us SoG's so you might be interested who the italian press consider our best / dangerous players.

Harry Kane - they regard him as the best striker in the world
Jack Grealish - yes I know looks like they think more of him then we do !
Harry Mcguire - they love him , they think he is in the same mould as there best centr-halves the way he steps out of defence and his no nonsense style. Again a few home fans would not rate him that high , personally i think he is our best defender and he also brings goals.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

England's biggest danger playing Italy on 12:07 - Jul 9 with 778 viewskingslandstand1

England's biggest danger playing Italy on 11:22 - Jul 9 by Bison

You like looking at what others think of us SoG's so you might be interested who the italian press consider our best / dangerous players.

Harry Mcguire - they love him , they think he is in the same mould as there best centr-halves the way he steps out of defence and his no nonsense style. Again a few home fans would not rate him that high , personally i think he is our best defender and he also brings goals.

Re Mcguire, I'd go as far as to say he shows the most passion on the pitch as well
Login to get fewer ads

England's biggest danger playing Italy on 12:53 - Jul 9 with 753 viewsSadoldgit

England's biggest danger playing Italy on 11:22 - Jul 9 by Bison

Can’t disagree with any of that Bison. I think that Grealish would be a nailed on starter for all of the other teams so to do what we have done with him on the pitch so little shows what depth we have in the squad.
England's biggest danger playing Italy on 19:44 - Jul 9 with 667 viewsdwayne_dibley

England's biggest danger playing Italy on 19:54 - Jul 8 by Bazza

he needs a nice relaxing visit to a Greek island

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024