Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League Cup and subs 10:35 - Aug 1 with 2895 viewsfrancisbowles

Surprised to see Bournemouth beat MK Dons 5-0 yesterday and that Sheffield Wednesday are at home to Huddersfield today. Is this down to Sky or have these teams obtained special status not to have a midweek game in the first week of the season.

I also noticed that both teams had seven substitutes on the bench and used three and two respectively. Seems that we are going back to the 2019/20 rules, which I think is a bit of a shame for us, now that we have a bigger squad and Charlie who doesn't play 90 minutes very often.

League Cup and subs on 10:46 - Aug 1 with 2841 viewsLongsufferingR

I'm pretty sure they gave teams the option of playing the first round match this weekend if both teams agreed. Otherwise it's next midweek when we're at Orient.
League Cup and subs on 11:26 - Aug 1 with 2724 viewsFrankRightguard

Teams were given the option to move the games forward. We did the same with our Plymouth game last season
League Cup and subs on 12:51 - Aug 1 with 2594 viewsPinnerPaul

EFL, helpfully, don't have 21/22 rules on website yet, so can't help with the subs question.
League Cup and subs on 13:00 - Aug 1 with 2552 viewsfrancisbowles

League Cup and subs on 11:26 - Aug 1 by FrankRightguard

Teams were given the option to move the games forward. We did the same with our Plymouth game last season

Thanks, I hadn't heard about that for this season. I assumed, wrongly, that last season was a one off, due to a short pre season and the late start/compacted season.
League Cup and subs on 13:03 - Aug 1 with 2535 viewsfrancisbowles

League Cup and subs on 12:51 - Aug 1 by PinnerPaul

EFL, helpfully, don't have 21/22 rules on website yet, so can't help with the subs question.

Yes, I've been trying to find out for weeks. I would assume (dangerous) that if it is the rule for the cup it will be the same for the league.

It will slow down the likes of Barnsley changing all three forwards at ht.
League Cup and subs on 13:46 - Aug 1 with 2419 viewsPinnerPaul

League Cup and subs on 13:03 - Aug 1 by francisbowles

Yes, I've been trying to find out for weeks. I would assume (dangerous) that if it is the rule for the cup it will be the same for the league.

It will slow down the likes of Barnsley changing all three forwards at ht.

Not clear exactly how many you can use even in the cup though?

Let me try my friends on RefChat - someone will know.
League Cup and subs on 13:51 - Aug 1 with 2411 viewsQPRSteve

I think the seven subs was the same last season
League Cup and subs on 14:45 - Aug 1 with 2356 viewsPinnerPaul

League Cup and subs on 13:51 - Aug 1 by QPRSteve

I think the seven subs was the same last season

5 from 9 last season I thought?
Login to get fewer ads

League Cup and subs on 14:49 - Aug 1 with 2347 viewsPinnerPaul

Just checked on the 20/21 rules on EFL site and that doesn't help as its pre covid rules.

That says 3 from 7, so presume we're returning to that, but don't know for sure.
League Cup and subs on 15:37 - Aug 1 with 2288 viewsPinnerPaul

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/efl-temporary-covid-rule-scrapped-2

3 from 7 it is
League Cup and subs on 20:30 - Aug 1 with 2081 viewsGloryHunter

I'm surprised that we're moving back to the old order so soon. I fully expected the "corona emergency" 5 from 9 subs to stay for the coming season, and for this to be a prelude to the eventual 11 subs on/off rolling system, which I understand is currently underway in cricket.
League Cup and subs on 23:20 - Aug 1 with 1904 viewsozexile

League Cup and subs on 20:30 - Aug 1 by GloryHunter

I'm surprised that we're moving back to the old order so soon. I fully expected the "corona emergency" 5 from 9 subs to stay for the coming season, and for this to be a prelude to the eventual 11 subs on/off rolling system, which I understand is currently underway in cricket.

I for one hope that never happens.
League Cup and subs on 09:46 - Aug 2 with 1709 viewsPinnerPaul

League Cup and subs on 20:30 - Aug 1 by GloryHunter

Interesting view - what benefits are there for more subs in your view?

Not being confrontational, genuinely interested.
League Cup and subs on 11:26 - Aug 3 with 1493 viewsGloryHunter

League Cup and subs on 09:46 - Aug 2 by PinnerPaul

Interesting view - what benefits are there for more subs in your view?

Not being confrontational, genuinely interested.

No benefits at all, for me. I think three subs is more than enough. I was just expecting that there will be a long-term move to more subs, as part of the gradual Americanisation of the game.
League Cup and subs on 12:35 - Aug 3 with 1416 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Drinks breaks have gone too apparently.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/why-premier-league-drink-breaks-five-subs-will-no-l

Poll: Expectations for this season?

League Cup and subs on 14:09 - Aug 3 with 1352 viewsPinnerPaul

League Cup and subs on 11:26 - Aug 3 by GloryHunter

No benefits at all, for me. I think three subs is more than enough. I was just expecting that there will be a long-term move to more subs, as part of the gradual Americanisation of the game.

Fair enough, thanks
League Cup and subs on 14:33 - Aug 3 with 1322 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

League Cup and subs on 11:26 - Aug 3 by GloryHunter

They'll be picking the ball up and throwing it next!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

League Cup and subs on 09:29 - Aug 4 with 1202 viewsBazzeR

I will be sorry to see the end of 5 subs this season

With players like Charlie and Jordy being more likely to be subbed around the 65min mark,this leaves little room for manoeuvre with a change in tactics.Added to that having 9 on the bench keeps more players feeling involved on match days and perhaps better harmony amongst the squad.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024