Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone know where there is a station selling Diesel 15:46 - Oct 5 with 1555 viewsgrumpy

in Lordswood or near?
Anyone know where there is a station selling Diesel on 16:02 - Oct 5 with 1542 viewsdirk_doone

You need to ask your nearest Brexit voter. They never have any problems finding fuel.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Anyone know where there is a station selling Diesel on 16:13 - Oct 5 with 1521 viewsDellHero_Would

Esso garage on the Ower roundabout had plenty pumps open with no restrictions last Thursday and no queing.

Poll: Wearing a mask

Anyone know where there is a station selling Diesel on 16:22 - Oct 5 with 1502 viewsgrumpy

Anyone know where there is a station selling Diesel on 16:13 - Oct 5 by DellHero_Would

Esso garage on the Ower roundabout had plenty pumps open with no restrictions last Thursday and no queing.

Cheers
I hope I have enough to get there.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2021 16:24]
Anyone know where there is a station selling Diesel on 16:32 - Oct 5 with 1486 viewsgrumpy

Anyone know where there is a station selling Diesel on 16:02 - Oct 5 by dirk_doone

You need to ask your nearest Brexit voter. They never have any problems finding fuel.

I tried 2 round here without any luck.
Anyone know where there is a station selling Diesel on 16:54 - Oct 5 with 1469 viewssaint22

Anyone know where there is a station selling Diesel on 16:02 - Oct 5 by dirk_doone

Seems to be a significant rise in people who voted remain whenever I mention fuel, or gas, or food, or future
Anyone know where there is a station selling Diesel on 17:56 - Oct 5 with 1411 viewsRon11

Strange that.
Most people seem to realise now that the 'fuel shortage' was caused by the gobshite press and media spouting nonsense about a threat to fuel supplies when none ever existed. If drivers had ignored this and gone about their normal fuel buying routine none of this would have happened.
Of course the remoaners land on this like flies on shit, with their lame brain 'I told you so' mentality when if you look over the Channel they have driver shortages too.
Finally in this country truck drivers can earn reasonable money for the crap job they have to do, instead of being undercut by lower wages paid to some European drivers.
Anyone know where there is a station selling Diesel on 21:20 - Oct 5 with 1312 viewsBicester_North

Anyone know where there is a station selling Diesel on 16:54 - Oct 5 by saint22

Seems to be a significant rise in people who voted remain whenever I mention fuel, or gas, or food, or future

Must be a laugh a minute talking to you.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Anyone know where there is a station selling Diesel on 22:36 - Oct 5 with 1250 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Anyone know where there is a station selling Diesel on 17:56 - Oct 5 by Ron11

Strange that.
Most people seem to realise now that the 'fuel shortage' was caused by the gobshite press and media spouting nonsense about a threat to fuel supplies when none ever existed. If drivers had ignored this and gone about their normal fuel buying routine none of this would have happened.
Of course the remoaners land on this like flies on shit, with their lame brain 'I told you so' mentality when if you look over the Channel they have driver shortages too.
Finally in this country truck drivers can earn reasonable money for the crap job they have to do, instead of being undercut by lower wages paid to some European drivers.

Part of the problem is also that many drivers have simply retired. With the push to get everyone through a university, no matter how sh*t that "university" is or pointless their degree is, it's taken loads of kids away from traditional jobs. A sparky mate of mine was saying there just aren't the kids wanting to do it now. Let alone Simon and Leona who have done their degrees at some w*nky "uni" that used to be a college who have been brainwashed by their parents that now they have £90k of uni debt, they couldn't possibly be something as base as an HGV driver or plasterer. After all, the Polish can do that for us ...

Until we get kids back to proper apprenticeships and stop this utterly bizarre fixation with university, we will constantly have a load of self-important w*nk stains who think they have a god given right to be a Marketing Director with 6 months post grad experience after studying a degree in PE.

So there's that.

And then the government pushing through the changes to IR35, driving (excuse the pun) self-employed away and into other industries.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone know where there is a station selling Diesel on 23:35 - Oct 5 with 1213 views1885_SFC

Anyone know where there is a station selling Diesel on 22:36 - Oct 5 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Part of the problem is also that many drivers have simply retired. With the push to get everyone through a university, no matter how sh*t that "university" is or pointless their degree is, it's taken loads of kids away from traditional jobs. A sparky mate of mine was saying there just aren't the kids wanting to do it now. Let alone Simon and Leona who have done their degrees at some w*nky "uni" that used to be a college who have been brainwashed by their parents that now they have £90k of uni debt, they couldn't possibly be something as base as an HGV driver or plasterer. After all, the Polish can do that for us ...

Until we get kids back to proper apprenticeships and stop this utterly bizarre fixation with university, we will constantly have a load of self-important w*nk stains who think they have a god given right to be a Marketing Director with 6 months post grad experience after studying a degree in PE.

So there's that.

And then the government pushing through the changes to IR35, driving (excuse the pun) self-employed away and into other industries.

Haha. Post of the Week GC... and spot on.

Old School is Cool

Anyone know where there is a station selling Diesel on 07:28 - Oct 6 with 1136 viewsRon11

Anyone know where there is a station selling Diesel on 22:36 - Oct 5 by Gennaro_Contaldo

So there's that.

Anyone know where there is a station selling Diesel on 16:22 - Oct 6 with 1034 viewsBazza

Anyone know where there is a station selling Diesel on 07:28 - Oct 6 by Ron11

Spot on. 3 times as many unis and now reliant on Chinese students to pay the costs of the woke lecturers promising failing students that ‘they can achieve anything they want’ such as me playing for England and dating miss world! Actually I did nearly ………,🤓
Anyone know where there is a station selling Diesel on 17:21 - Oct 6 with 1010 viewsMytchettSaint

So there's that.

Bizarrely enough, after 31 years in engineering including a 4 year apprenticeship I walked away from it just recently after becoming disillusioned with it as a career. I’m now working at a university. I’ve spoken with a few of the students about their chosen subjects and reasons for coming. A recurring theme is they wanted to do university for the experience.
There’s a shortage of maintenance engineers from manufacturing backgrounds and has been for a number of years for the reason you mentioned, people doing it are retiring or like me have had enough and no youngsters want to do it. I was vehemently against my two sons going into it as a career as I didn’t want them ending up doing 12 hour night shifts in a factory somewhere (not that either of them needed much convincing).
Companies I’ve worked for have tried recruiting for years from abroad but for various reasons there’s a skill shortage in that labour market also, so it’s not just as simple as screaming brexit when there’s labour supply issues. With school leavers not wanting to take up these careers there needs to be a shift towards getting them back into these jobs.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Anyone know where there is a station selling Diesel on 20:01 - Oct 6 with 951 viewsBicester_North

Care workers will surely be another one. Their pay is terrible for the importance of the job.

Anyone know where there is a station selling Diesel on 21:21 - Oct 6 with 921 viewshedgeend61

Try not to spend too much time in a PO postcode, but went for a meal at the Bar and Block this afternoon at Whiteley and noticed the Tesco garage had both petrol and diesel with nobody queueing.

Don't know if situation is getting better as never sat in a queue to buy petrol, or a one off?
Anyone know where there is a station selling Diesel on 21:24 - Oct 6 with 915 viewsBicester_North

Anyone know where there is a station selling Diesel on 21:21 - Oct 6 by hedgeend61

Try not to spend too much time in a PO postcode, but went for a meal at the Bar and Block this afternoon at Whiteley and noticed the Tesco garage had both petrol and diesel with nobody queueing.

Don't know if situation is getting better as never sat in a queue to buy petrol, or a one off?

Definitely better, most of the garages I passed today seemed to be the same.

Anyone know where there is a station selling Diesel on 09:52 - Oct 7 with 861 viewsSaintNick

Join Costco at Regents Park, they have a petrol station on site for members only and they have always had fuel there, not only that it is about 4-5p a litre cheaper than even the supermarket petrol stations

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Anyone know where there is a station selling Diesel on 22:08 - Oct 7 with 767 viewsRon11

Anyone know where there is a station selling Diesel on 17:21 - Oct 6 by MytchettSaint

Bizarrely enough, after 31 years in engineering including a 4 year apprenticeship I walked away from it just recently after becoming disillusioned with it as a career. I’m now working at a university. I’ve spoken with a few of the students about their chosen subjects and reasons for coming. A recurring theme is they wanted to do university for the experience.
There’s a shortage of maintenance engineers from manufacturing backgrounds and has been for a number of years for the reason you mentioned, people doing it are retiring or like me have had enough and no youngsters want to do it. I was vehemently against my two sons going into it as a career as I didn’t want them ending up doing 12 hour night shifts in a factory somewhere (not that either of them needed much convincing).
Companies I’ve worked for have tried recruiting for years from abroad but for various reasons there’s a skill shortage in that labour market also, so it’s not just as simple as screaming brexit when there’s labour supply issues. With school leavers not wanting to take up these careers there needs to be a shift towards getting them back into these jobs.

Like you I completed a four year engineering apprentice and worked for years in Oil & Gas mechanical maintenance, overhauls, and CMMS.
Applied for several manufacturing maintenance engineer positions this year but not one interview.
I'm from a background that can make anything from metal, used to minimal downtime work and with vast experience.
But no...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024