Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds Game Matchday Thread 10:05 - Oct 16 with 5571 viewsSaintNick

A must win game yes ?

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 16:17 - Oct 16 with 1745 viewsgrumpy

I wish McCarthy would stop passing the ball to players who are clearly marked so close to his goal.
Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 16:40 - Oct 16 with 1683 viewsNYC_Saint

Anyone know if we can convert Broja loan to permanent signing in Jan? From memory we did that with Bertrand.
Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 16:56 - Oct 16 with 1620 viewsgrumpy

Salisu was fantastic today.
Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 16:57 - Oct 16 with 1605 viewsCenturion

Looks like P****y unlucky again. Losing 4-1 to the mighty Rotherham.
Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 17:03 - Oct 16 with 1578 viewspjt50

No idea why Llorente wasn't booked for taking out Broja on the goal. A yellow all day long. Subsequent booking should have been a red.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 17:04 - Oct 16 with 1572 viewsNYC_Saint

Great performance, solid options on the bench, let’s kick on. As just about everyone else has said, Salisu looking like we’ve got another 65mn center half on our hands (for one game at least!)
Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 17:05 - Oct 16 with 1564 viewsdarthvader

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 14:13 - Oct 16 by darthvader

Hopefully broja knows how to shoot .

The two armstrongs and two rightbacks on the bench .

Redmond and moussa to score and have their best games .

Comon you Saints!!

Okay they didnt score but both done well today

keep the faith coyr

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 17:32 - Oct 16 with 1445 viewscocklebreath

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 16:56 - Oct 16 by grumpy

Salisu was fantastic today.

Agreed he was fantastic as was Diallo and Tino, Armstrong was excellent when he came on and Redmond played well. Leeds never looked like scoring

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Login to get fewer ads

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 18:37 - Oct 16 with 1325 viewsElijahK

I wouldn’t have said so before KO, although if we had lost it would have certainly made Burnley a must win one, but even then these next fixtures will help to end the debate over Ralph getting sacked/staying as other than Wolves at home, we haven’t had a single game where the result was certainly worse than what any realistic saints fan expected, as our only two other losses were against the champions of Europe and a stadium which we never win at, whilst our draws were against 2 of what’s certain to be the top 4, and an inform European battling team, as well as one at a place which we usually struggle at.
And for the net spend/players he’s had, he’s done a great job and now we’ve had our first win and should be able to get more with these upcoming games

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 18:41 - Oct 16 with 1310 viewsMytchettSaint

Credit where it’s due, that was very enjoyable. Some very good performances. Redmond and Salisu were the top two for me. I hope Broja’s injury isn’t one that’s going to make him miss a few games.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 18:42 - Oct 16 with 1308 viewsdirk_doone

Back from the game. It was everything I'd hoped for: a good atmosphere, a comfortable win, a clean sheet, a winning goal and in Broja we have found our much-needed goalscorer. His goals should see us through this season.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 19:03 - Oct 16 with 1248 viewsDorsetIan

Djenepo redeemed a useless first half performance with his pass to Redmond for the goal, but I was pleased Ralph could see that he still needed to be the first off. Walcott was completely ineffective for the few minutes on the pitch. Everyone else was excellent and Broja and Elyounnoussi both showed why they need to be higher up the pecking order.

I thought we played better without JWP in midfield, and Redmond”s early corners were finding heads more effectively than JWP has been recently. Don’t particularly want to slag him off but we certainly didn’t miss him. And Diallo quietly becoming a very effective and reliable part of the team.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 19:08 - Oct 16 with 1243 viewsBerber

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 18:41 - Oct 16 by MytchettSaint

Credit where it’s due, that was very enjoyable. Some very good performances. Redmond and Salisu were the top two for me. I hope Broja’s injury isn’t one that’s going to make him miss a few games.

Salisu certainly, pretty much had their attack locked up. James had to switch sides (as he got no joy whatsoever from Tino) where he was able to get down the line more. But our left flank worked far more effectively with the starting lineup. KWP could be struggling for a game as Tino shows no sign of letting up.

Agree about Broja, I would start him and Armstrong up front. The whole team today seemed to be much more alert to the runs by the guys in the middle.
Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 19:23 - Oct 16 with 1221 viewssaint22

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 19:08 - Oct 16 by Berber

Salisu certainly, pretty much had their attack locked up. James had to switch sides (as he got no joy whatsoever from Tino) where he was able to get down the line more. But our left flank worked far more effectively with the starting lineup. KWP could be struggling for a game as Tino shows no sign of letting up.

Agree about Broja, I would start him and Armstrong up front. The whole team today seemed to be much more alert to the runs by the guys in the middle.

A good team performance today and Salisu Elyounoussi Redmond Broja Romeu all did us proud
Djenepo a waste again thru ball aside good to see Stuey back, Tino immense he could cause so
Much damage at RM
God knows why we persist with Walcott - useless and almost gifted them a break away
Let’s not get crazy though Leeds were poor and missing their 3 best players
Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 08:57 - Oct 17 with 995 viewsTripleNiemi

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 18:42 - Oct 16 by dirk_doone

Back from the game. It was everything I'd hoped for: a good atmosphere, a comfortable win, a clean sheet, a winning goal and in Broja we have found our much-needed goalscorer. His goals should see us through this season.

Totally agree. An old cliché i know, but goals scored are gonna be crucial to our survival and fingers crossed, we have enough with Brija and hopefully Armstrong once settled. Don't by any means want to dampen things but Leeds were poor regardless of who they had available. 3 points, first win of the season so a happy weekend.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 10:13 - Oct 17 with 943 viewsButty101

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 08:57 - Oct 17 by TripleNiemi

Totally agree. An old cliché i know, but goals scored are gonna be crucial to our survival and fingers crossed, we have enough with Brija and hopefully Armstrong once settled. Don't by any means want to dampen things but Leeds were poor regardless of who they had available. 3 points, first win of the season so a happy weekend.

I was in the padded seats yesterday up by the press box. Barely heard the home support. I have to say the Leeds fan were in very good voice.
We definitely caught Leeds at a good time, as they were pretty terrible.
Salisu and Livramento really stood out carrying the ball out of defence. I wasn’t impressed with Broja. For a big lad he lost everything in the air and didn’t hold the ball up. That said he was at in the right place to tap in a great move.
Our forward line is so powderpuff. It doesn’t really look like we have a plan to break other teams down

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 10:22 - Oct 17 with 935 viewsBarnetSaint

I thought the home support was excellent, didn’t hear a peep from
leeds fans, i guess it’s where you are in the ground ( we were in the kings land corner)
leeds really missed their best players, shocking performance.
S Armstrong really looked good when he came on
onwards and upwards
Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 10:27 - Oct 17 with 931 viewsdirk_doone

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 10:13 - Oct 17 by Butty101

I was in the padded seats yesterday up by the press box. Barely heard the home support. I have to say the Leeds fan were in very good voice.
We definitely caught Leeds at a good time, as they were pretty terrible.
Salisu and Livramento really stood out carrying the ball out of defence. I wasn’t impressed with Broja. For a big lad he lost everything in the air and didn’t hold the ball up. That said he was at in the right place to tap in a great move.
Our forward line is so powderpuff. It doesn’t really look like we have a plan to break other teams down

Our fans in the Northam were singing throughout the game. The problem is, as has been mentioned many times before, because they are split iinto two smaller groups tucked away in the corners of the away end, where the sound is muffled and deflected inwards, much of the ground doesn't hear them. If you want to make yourself heard it's a bit self-defeating locating yourself in the spot with the worst acoustics. The fans in and near those corners can hear them so they don't realize others can't. I doubt even the Leeds fans heard the ones in the Northam/Kingsland corner.

The fans who are in those corners say they are there because they are drowning out the away fans when it's the exact opposite that is true. A big united group of fans behind the goal is always going to be heard above two smaller groups tucked away in the corners, where most people in the ground can neither see them or hear them. But, they can hear themselves and they are never going to move so we'll just have to live with the fact we get no home advantage and, if anything, the reverse.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 11:17]

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 11:39 - Oct 17 with 885 viewsBicester_North

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 10:27 - Oct 17 by dirk_doone

Our fans in the Northam were singing throughout the game. The problem is, as has been mentioned many times before, because they are split iinto two smaller groups tucked away in the corners of the away end, where the sound is muffled and deflected inwards, much of the ground doesn't hear them. If you want to make yourself heard it's a bit self-defeating locating yourself in the spot with the worst acoustics. The fans in and near those corners can hear them so they don't realize others can't. I doubt even the Leeds fans heard the ones in the Northam/Kingsland corner.

The fans who are in those corners say they are there because they are drowning out the away fans when it's the exact opposite that is true. A big united group of fans behind the goal is always going to be heard above two smaller groups tucked away in the corners, where most people in the ground can neither see them or hear them. But, they can hear themselves and they are never going to move so we'll just have to live with the fact we get no home advantage and, if anything, the reverse.

The players must be able to hear the fans, as even if about 20 fans sang Dusan Tadic’s name, he’d wave from wherever he was on the pitch.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 11:43 - Oct 17 with 876 viewsdirk_doone

We were getting much better results playing in empty stadiums where the opposition lost their fans' vocal advantage. It sounds like you're one of the fans in the Northam corners so you really don't know what the rest of the ground hears.

I noticed at the end of the game, the Leeds players ran to applaud their fans first because they were only too aware of the noise they'd made during the game . Our players stood on the centre circle and only went to the Northam corner some time later, as an afterthought, just because they know that's where our most fanatical fans locate themselves and, anyway, the rest of the ground was emptying out. We really don't have a home end that has any influence on what happens on the pitch. Even 50/50 refereeing decisions tend to go the way of the away team.

On MOTD last night, Leicester fans showed what a home advantage you can get playing in a stadium excactly the same as ours. You didn't even notice the Man United fans tucked away in the corner.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 12:08]

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 12:19 - Oct 17 with 833 viewsBarnetSaint

true
it’s up to the club to sort it but such common sense falls on deaf ears with them.
you need every advantage you can get
the away team frequently go on and win when attacking their fans in the second half
Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 12:53 - Oct 17 with 803 viewsSaintsforeverj

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 10:27 - Oct 17 by dirk_doone

The fans were excellent yesterday and could clearly be heard. The Leeds fans rarely sung once they one nil down, whilst the Saints fans did. Livramento said the Saints fans were "unreal", Ralph said the Saints fans "really pushed" the team. The Northam and at times the whole ground sang, so of course they could be heard. Moving the away fans to the corner would be a better option, but the Saints fans were definitely heard yesterday regardless.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 13:13 - Oct 17 with 788 viewsdirk_doone

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 12:53 - Oct 17 by Saintsforeverj

The fans were excellent yesterday and could clearly be heard. The Leeds fans rarely sung once they one nil down, whilst the Saints fans did. Livramento said the Saints fans were "unreal", Ralph said the Saints fans "really pushed" the team. The Northam and at times the whole ground sang, so of course they could be heard. Moving the away fans to the corner would be a better option, but the Saints fans were definitely heard yesterday regardless.

I think everybody is telling the tuth, including both you and Butty, as a lot depends on your prespective from where you were in the ground. I'm not faulting Saints' fans for effort just the poor choice of location our most vocal fans have made. As fans have known since the early 1960s, when singing at games really started to take off, the best location to influence a game is directly behind the goals.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 13:18]

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 14:07 - Oct 17 with 742 viewssaint22

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 15:47 - Oct 16 by NYC_Saint

Possible? Blatant! I was surprised but maybe that’s not something they review?

Well Mike deans bald brother Lee Mason unsurprisingly didn’t deem it worthwhile looking at!!?
Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 15:05 - Oct 17 with 702 viewsgrumpy

I have heard and read the reasons for not moving the away fans and none of them convince me that its not possible to move the away fans.
Does anyone know where away fans are located at Leicester's ground?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024