Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds Game Matchday Thread 10:05 - Oct 16 with 5578 viewsSaintNick

A must win game yes ?

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 15:07 - Oct 17 with 924 viewsSaintsforeverj

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 15:05 - Oct 17 by grumpy

I have heard and read the reasons for not moving the away fans and none of them convince me that its not possible to move the away fans.
Does anyone know where away fans are located at Leicester's ground?

Away fans are located in the corner at Leicester. But it's not possible at St Mary's. The ticket office gets in the way of segregating the fans were they to move round to that corner. They would have to move the ticket office and some of the executive boxes to have the away fans in the corner. They can't have away fans at the other end because the away coaches wouldn't be able to park near the away section. The away fans would arrive from the train, coaches and city centre and would have to walk towards the Chapel causing a security issue. It's just not feasible. Plus, season ticket holders have already indicated that they wouldn't want to move from the Itchen north if the away fans were moved there.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 15:12]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 16:02 - Oct 17 with 872 viewsBicester_North

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 15:07 - Oct 17 by Saintsforeverj

Away fans are located in the corner at Leicester. But it's not possible at St Mary's. The ticket office gets in the way of segregating the fans were they to move round to that corner. They would have to move the ticket office and some of the executive boxes to have the away fans in the corner. They can't have away fans at the other end because the away coaches wouldn't be able to park near the away section. The away fans would arrive from the train, coaches and city centre and would have to walk towards the Chapel causing a security issue. It's just not feasible. Plus, season ticket holders have already indicated that they wouldn't want to move from the Itchen north if the away fans were moved there.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 15:12]

I don’t get what you mean about the ticket office, there is already segregation if they were to put the away fans in the itchen north corner isn’t there?

With the boxes I don’t see the difference, half the time when we play a big club there are away fans in the boxes giving it loads anyway.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 17:26 - Oct 17 with 809 viewsSaintsforeverj

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 16:02 - Oct 17 by Bicester_North

I don’t get what you mean about the ticket office, there is already segregation if they were to put the away fans in the itchen north corner isn’t there?

With the boxes I don’t see the difference, half the time when we play a big club there are away fans in the boxes giving it loads anyway.

The ticket office extends backwards from the ticket windows underneath the stand, where there are other offices and rooms. The concourse underneath the Itchen north has a wall at the end where the ticket office offices start. You can't walk round to the Northam as you would be walking into the ticket office. They would have to move the ticket office to have a concourse underneath if fans were in the corner. The police box is there too with official offices / rooms underneath.

You're right you do get away fans in the boxes but they shouldn't be there. They couldn't have home fans in the boxes right above the away support every game, even though sometimes away fans do get in there.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 17:28]

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 17:28 - Oct 17 with 807 viewsBerber

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 10:13 - Oct 17 by Butty101

I was in the padded seats yesterday up by the press box. Barely heard the home support. I have to say the Leeds fan were in very good voice.
We definitely caught Leeds at a good time, as they were pretty terrible.
Salisu and Livramento really stood out carrying the ball out of defence. I wasn’t impressed with Broja. For a big lad he lost everything in the air and didn’t hold the ball up. That said he was at in the right place to tap in a great move.
Our forward line is so powderpuff. It doesn’t really look like we have a plan to break other teams down

I thought the support was loud, but not as loud or continuous as against the last couple of games. I only heard the Leeds fans a couple of times, but I am in Block 35.
Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 21:44 - Oct 17 with 738 viewsBicester_North

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 17:26 - Oct 17 by Saintsforeverj

The ticket office extends backwards from the ticket windows underneath the stand, where there are other offices and rooms. The concourse underneath the Itchen north has a wall at the end where the ticket office offices start. You can't walk round to the Northam as you would be walking into the ticket office. They would have to move the ticket office to have a concourse underneath if fans were in the corner. The police box is there too with official offices / rooms underneath.

You're right you do get away fans in the boxes but they shouldn't be there. They couldn't have home fans in the boxes right above the away support every game, even though sometimes away fans do get in there.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 17:28]

Got it. Well explained 👍

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 21:45 - Oct 17 with 737 viewsBicester_North

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 17:28 - Oct 17 by Berber

I thought the support was loud, but not as loud or continuous as against the last couple of games. I only heard the Leeds fans a couple of times, but I am in Block 35.

Our home crowd always seems better/louder when it’s 25000-28000 ish

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 22:32 - Oct 17 with 705 viewsSaintsforeverj

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 21:44 - Oct 17 by Bicester_North

Got it. Well explained 👍

Thank you, glad that made sense! I had this discussion with a senior member of the Saints operations team, someone I bumped into outside a restaurant once and he explained that they had looked at moving the away fans but that it would involve a rebuild of parts of the stadium and that the police weren't happy with the idea of away fans walking around the ground to the chapel. 😃.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 22:33]

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 22:36 - Oct 17 with 701 viewscocklebreath

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 17:28 - Oct 17 by Berber

I was in block 35 and thought it was decent, could hear the Itchin north and the Northam, Leeds very quiet once they realised how bad their team were playing, I was surprised because I was there the day they came back from 3 down at half-time and I put that down to the fans backing that day .

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Login to get fewer ads

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 22:54 - Oct 17 with 688 viewsSaintsforeverj

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 22:36 - Oct 17 by cocklebreath

I was in block 35 and thought it was decent, could hear the Itchin north and the Northam, Leeds very quiet once they realised how bad their team were playing, I was surprised because I was there the day they came back from 3 down at half-time and I put that down to the fans backing that day .

Having watched the Everton game today, Goodison Park was silent, watching on the tv. You could see the fans just sat there, just waiting to get at Benitez. Our fans were superb at Chelsea, loud and proud. We do have some good fans, much better than some of the PL fans I have seen at some grounds. Yesterday I saw our fans out of their seats, singing and engaged in the game. The banter with the Leeds fans gave the atmosphere an edge too. Really enjoyed yesterday. It was a huge roar of relief when Broja scored. I could hear the Saints fans loud and proud where I was too.

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 07:30 - Oct 18 with 625 viewsWints76

One thing about Saturday was that on one occasion Alex Mccarthy took slightly too long over a goal kick with about 10 mins left. I don't recall it happening before in the game. He was booked. The ref had a decent game other than that, but compare it to what Wolves did over the entire 90 mins the other week and it does seem a tad harsh
Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 09:09 - Oct 18 with 591 viewsBerber

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 07:30 - Oct 18 by Wints76

One thing about Saturday was that on one occasion Alex Mccarthy took slightly too long over a goal kick with about 10 mins left. I don't recall it happening before in the game. He was booked. The ref had a decent game other than that, but compare it to what Wolves did over the entire 90 mins the other week and it does seem a tad harsh

It was the fact that the ball was left out near the corner flag for a while before it was retrieved, then McCarthy went into his go slow routine. I wasn't surprised at the booking.
Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 09:21 - Oct 18 with 586 viewsWints76

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 09:09 - Oct 18 by Berber

It was the fact that the ball was left out near the corner flag for a while before it was retrieved, then McCarthy went into his go slow routine. I wasn't surprised at the booking.

Ah, thats another thing. Is the lack of ball boys a new thing?
Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 09:46 - Oct 18 with 565 viewssaintwizzler

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 09:21 - Oct 18 by Wints76

Ah, thats another thing. Is the lack of ball boys a new thing?

Gao cost cutting again and trousering the ball person’s wage.

G
A
O

O
U
T

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 09:55 - Oct 18 with 553 viewsdirk_doone

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 07:30 - Oct 18 by Wints76

To be fair, our 'game management' in the lat 10 minutes was outstanding: possibly the best I've ever seen from our team. One of our players would lie down and then all of the others went over to the touchline for a drink and a chat wirh the coaching staff. This happened twice. The funny thing is the Leeds players joined in. They seemed to be happy just to avoid a 2-0 defeat.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 10:27 - Oct 18 with 520 viewsgrumpy

Leeds Game Matchday Thread on 22:32 - Oct 17 by Saintsforeverj

Thank you, glad that made sense! I had this discussion with a senior member of the Saints operations team, someone I bumped into outside a restaurant once and he explained that they had looked at moving the away fans but that it would involve a rebuild of parts of the stadium and that the police weren't happy with the idea of away fans walking around the ground to the chapel. 😃.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 22:33]

I'm sorry but you will never convince me that moving the away fans is impossible.
Security is important and I understand the Police concerns but football has moved on from the 70/80s,you don't see the mobs charging about like they used to.
On the whole there seems a different sort of fan these days probably down to how much it costs to watch games.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024