Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Mills 09:22 - Oct 23 with 1233 viewsgreen

Steve Mills is getting inducted into the Saints hall of fame today. He played before my time watching Saints so would be interested to hear more from those who did.
Steve Mills on 09:32 - Oct 23 with 1222 viewsSaintNick

Steve Mills was a fullback who could play either side, he burst into the side and would have played for England had he not been seriously injured in a car crash in Feb 1975, he would play just three more times for Saints after over a year out rehabilitating.

If that was not bad enough in 1986 he was diagnosed with leukemia

His testimonial in 1988 was a great occasion with an ex Saints team taking on the current side in May 1988 in front of a full house, sadly he died just 3 months later

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Steve Mills on 10:22 - Oct 23 with 1182 viewsdwayne_dibley

great player, watched him a lot

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Steve Mills on 21:31 - Oct 23 with 1093 viewsChesham_Saint

A fantastic player with so much potential. His life was such a tragedy so it was rather emotional today to see his lovely family gathered at SMS for the award.

Coincidentally I drove past the church where he is buried on my way home. Such a waste.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Steve Mills on 23:16 - Oct 23 with 1060 viewsBicester_North

That testimonial was a great event, I was a bit too young to see him play but was a superb atmosphere and turnout that evening, when he came out you couldn’t fail to be hit with the emotion.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Steve Mills on 09:31 - Oct 24 with 998 views1teeminants

An excellent full back who promised so much. Very talented.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Steve Mills on 10:14 - Oct 24 with 983 viewsNumber_58

Steve played in the first match I ever saw in 74 and although I don't remember much about that particular performance I was also at his first game back after the accident when we played Hull the week before he cup final (when Peachy was suspended). I recall the great reception he received from the crowd and a few marauding runs down the wing and it was obvious that despite the terrible injuries he suffered he was still a very good player. The charity game will live long in the memory. It was incredible to see the likes of Keegan and Channon and many other famous names back on the Dell pitch to pay tribute (those sort of all-star benefit matches were quite a novelty back then I believe). I was down by the tunnel when Steve bravely walked out onto the pitch to take the applause and cheers of the crowd. It was probably one of the most emotional moments in the old ground's history, definitely up there with Matty's last goal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024