Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This club doesn’t deserve its support 00:41 - Oct 27 with 1685 viewsBicester_North

We are the absolute massive under achievers of football. Saints always let you down as they say. But the fans always turn out when it matters.

Lovely to see our support can still be top drawer when the cup is concerned . F*ck the premier league helmet heads.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

This club doesn’t deserve its support on 00:51 - Oct 27 with 1657 viewsSaintsforeverj

The Saints supporters are magnificent and deserve a cup to celebrate. The players did us proud but it's dam annoying that we never have a cup to celebrate. You're right, we massively under achieve and our fans deserve it so much more than the same plastics who get to celebrate about 3 cups a year.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

This club doesn’t deserve its support on 01:05 - Oct 27 with 1638 viewsBicester_North

This club doesn’t deserve its support on 00:51 - Oct 27 by Saintsforeverj

The Saints supporters are magnificent and deserve a cup to celebrate. The players did us proud but it's dam annoying that we never have a cup to celebrate. You're right, we massively under achieve and our fans deserve it so much more than the same plastics who get to celebrate about 3 cups a year.

The premier league is a shithouse competition so I give less than a f*ck about it. The cup matches however, it’s tremendous to see a good old school bunch of supporters roll up and roar the tw@ts on.

Good on the boys for a great performance tonight but even better, fair play to the Saints lot who turned up and backed them all the way. F*ck the snivelling prem. looking forward to the FA Cup draw.

This club doesn’t deserve its support on 07:09 - Oct 27 with 1518 viewsgrumpy

So proud of Saints fans last night.
Singing all through the game loud and proud, those that went should be very proud, they gave everything to encourage the team.
We will always struggle against these big clubs, if it wasn't for a player who cost 62 million popping up to score their goal, I think we could have won in 90 minutes.
Quite a few excellent performances by
Foster (my no1 choice in goal)
Vojinovic (looked strong and composed)
Salisu(great presence in defence, he was everywhere)
and all the others put a great shift in(not sure about one of the subs tho) we know who that was.
So proud of those Saints fans last night brought back memories of 76 there.
Well done COYRS

This club doesn’t deserve its support on 08:11 - Oct 27 with 1455 viewsHeisenberg

The vast majority of clubs don’t win much. They are supported by real fans or by those with a link to the town or city. It’s the clubs who win loads that are ‘supported’ by plastic glory seekers. Give it a year or two and you will start to see people walking around in Newcastle shirts who have never been further North than the Watford gap. As for the Premier League I either hate it or am not interested depending on whether we are in it or not.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

This club doesn’t deserve its support on 09:10 - Oct 27 with 1390 viewsSaintNick

This club doesn’t deserve its support on 08:11 - Oct 27 by Heisenberg

The vast majority of clubs don’t win much. They are supported by real fans or by those with a link to the town or city. It’s the clubs who win loads that are ‘supported’ by plastic glory seekers. Give it a year or two and you will start to see people walking around in Newcastle shirts who have never been further North than the Watford gap. As for the Premier League I either hate it or am not interested depending on whether we are in it or not.

Winning something is near impossible these days, in the last 20 years or so only Swansea, Birmingham Middlesbrough & Blackburn have won the League cup other than the so called big 6.

In the FA Cup its even worse, in the last 32 years only Everton 1995, Pompey 2008, Wigan 2013 & Leicester 2021 have won the FA Cup.

Since the Premier League began 30 years ago at the end of this season, only Blackburn (95) & Leicester in 2016 have broken the so called big 6 monopoly .

Put that in perspective, take out the big 6 and only 8 other clubs have won anything domestically in the last 20 years

Clubs like Newcastle, Aston Villa & West Ham have won nothing .

We lost the chance when we didn't kick out the clubs to the European Super League to get some competitiveness back in the game

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

This club doesn’t deserve its support on 09:20 - Oct 27 with 1375 viewssaints__fan__73

Our current owners don't deserve the fans, that's for sure.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

This club doesn’t deserve its support on 09:38 - Oct 27 with 1348 views1teeminants

This club doesn’t deserve its support on 01:05 - Oct 27 by Bicester_North

The premier league is a shithouse competition so I give less than a f*ck about it. The cup matches however, it’s tremendous to see a good old school bunch of supporters roll up and roar the tw@ts on.

Good on the boys for a great performance tonight but even better, fair play to the Saints lot who turned up and backed them all the way. F*ck the snivelling prem. looking forward to the FA Cup draw.

Saints sounded very loud last night and you are right for the size of our club who don’t win anything we have decent support in these sort of games as it’s a chance to win something . I was at Sheffield United in the last round and we drowned the home fans out and I was pleasantly surprised at the Saints numbers there for a midweek game hundreds of miles away .The premier league is dull for any fan supporting a team outside the top six.

I was surprised at our crowd 29,000 at home to Burnley too considering they only bought 900.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

This club doesn’t deserve its support on 10:28 - Oct 27 with 1297 viewsBerber

Don't you mean that the club can be proud of the support they get? Over the decades that nothing has been won, with the generations of fans during that time, it clearly isn't trophy success which motivates the fans. Which is what you seem to imply at the end. But it definitely isn't that the club doesn't deserve the support as per the thread title.
Login to get fewer ads

This club doesn’t deserve its support (n/t) (n/t) on 11:31 - Oct 27 with 1259 viewsgrumpy

This club doesn’t deserve its support on 10:28 - Oct 27 by Berber

Don't you mean that the club can be proud of the support they get? Over the decades that nothing has been won, with the generations of fans during that time, it clearly isn't trophy success which motivates the fans. Which is what you seem to imply at the end. But it definitely isn't that the club doesn't deserve the support as per the thread title.

[Post edited 27 Oct 2021 11:34]
This club doesn’t deserve its support on 14:23 - Oct 27 with 1153 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

This club doesn’t deserve its support on 09:10 - Oct 27 by SaintNick

Winning something is near impossible these days, in the last 20 years or so only Swansea, Birmingham Middlesbrough & Blackburn have won the League cup other than the so called big 6.

In the FA Cup its even worse, in the last 32 years only Everton 1995, Pompey 2008, Wigan 2013 & Leicester 2021 have won the FA Cup.

Since the Premier League began 30 years ago at the end of this season, only Blackburn (95) & Leicester in 2016 have broken the so called big 6 monopoly .

Put that in perspective, take out the big 6 and only 8 other clubs have won anything domestically in the last 20 years

Clubs like Newcastle, Aston Villa & West Ham have won nothing .

We lost the chance when we didn't kick out the clubs to the European Super League to get some competitiveness back in the game

That is a damning stat - great research.

Newcastle, Villa and West Ham are all "bigger" than Saints and certainly have bigger support bases but what surprises me the most is Everton. They've nearly always been in and around the top half, sometimes the top 4/6, but have nothing in 32 years to show for it, incredible!

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

This club doesn’t deserve its support on 14:49 - Oct 27 with 1107 viewskingslandstand1

This club doesn’t deserve its support on 14:23 - Oct 27 by Gennaro_Contaldo

That is a damning stat - great research.

Newcastle, Villa and West Ham are all "bigger" than Saints and certainly have bigger support bases but what surprises me the most is Everton. They've nearly always been in and around the top half, sometimes the top 4/6, but have nothing in 32 years to show for it, incredible!

I've always thought of Everton as being a "big" club but that is probably because of their success under Howard Kendall in the 80's, and there is a lot (fair amount) of history there and (what was) a fantastic big stadium that used to pack them in.

But since the 80's they have done nothing of note other than stay in the Prem and have as far as I am aware, always been a top division club
This club doesn’t deserve its support on 17:31 - Oct 27 with 1021 viewssolent_toffee

This club doesn’t deserve its support on 14:49 - Oct 27 by kingslandstand1

I've always thought of Everton as being a "big" club but that is probably because of their success under Howard Kendall in the 80's, and there is a lot (fair amount) of history there and (what was) a fantastic big stadium that used to pack them in.

But since the 80's they have done nothing of note other than stay in the Prem and have as far as I am aware, always been a top division club

When Coventry got promoted the other season, Everton became the club with the longest time since they have achieved anything of note, be it a cup, promotion etc. Even Saints getting relegated then promoted twice has meant a sense of achievement of sorts.

Fair do’s to the younger blues who go to the games in the droves because they are regularly served up utter dross with the odd good game, false dawn once in a while. And yet Everton sell out every home game and every away game and there is a big waiting list for season tickets.

With BDM in two years time and a 52k stadium packed out, hopefully they can try to compete, but it’s not going to be easy. I’m not sure what a big club is though and whether Everton are one of them, but it’s neither here nor there.
This club doesn’t deserve its support on 18:17 - Oct 27 with 972 viewsgrumpy

This club doesn’t deserve its support on 17:31 - Oct 27 by solent_toffee

When Coventry got promoted the other season, Everton became the club with the longest time since they have achieved anything of note, be it a cup, promotion etc. Even Saints getting relegated then promoted twice has meant a sense of achievement of sorts.

Fair do’s to the younger blues who go to the games in the droves because they are regularly served up utter dross with the odd good game, false dawn once in a while. And yet Everton sell out every home game and every away game and there is a big waiting list for season tickets.

With BDM in two years time and a 52k stadium packed out, hopefully they can try to compete, but it’s not going to be easy. I’m not sure what a big club is though and whether Everton are one of them, but it’s neither here nor there.

Your new stadium looks good,solent.
I would be a bit worried about fans and that water.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2021 18:19]
This club doesn’t deserve its support on 19:27 - Oct 27 with 919 viewskernow

I remember Everton winning trophies and they are a big club in my view, massive support, big ground, proud history. Their fans haven't had much to cheer about recently and have had endure decades of being over shadowed. Their fans have stayed loyal and passionate .
Saints' experience is totally different as we haven't actually won much compared with clubs like Everton or Aston Villa
This club doesn’t deserve its support on 19:51 - Oct 27 with 908 viewssolent_toffee

This club doesn’t deserve its support on 18:17 - Oct 27 by grumpy

Your new stadium looks good,solent.
I would be a bit worried about fans and that water.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2021 18:19]

Really excited about the new stadium. It will be heartbreaking to leave Goodison, my family are from that part of the city and it’s been a massive part of my life. But the need is obvious and I trust the board to do the right thing with regards to the regeneration of the area.

The new ground looks fantastic and it will be great for the next generation to have something to be proud of and something that’s more fitting for the 21st Century, plus it’s a great opportunity for the city.

It looks like it will be ready for the season after next which is a bit scary.
This club doesn’t deserve its support on 21:31 - Oct 27 with 829 viewsgrumpy

This club doesn’t deserve its support on 19:51 - Oct 27 by solent_toffee

Really excited about the new stadium. It will be heartbreaking to leave Goodison, my family are from that part of the city and it’s been a massive part of my life. But the need is obvious and I trust the board to do the right thing with regards to the regeneration of the area.

The new ground looks fantastic and it will be great for the next generation to have something to be proud of and something that’s more fitting for the 21st Century, plus it’s a great opportunity for the city.

It looks like it will be ready for the season after next which is a bit scary.

My Grandfather was an Evertonian and moved to Southampton where my dad was born.
Nick wont like me now.

My Grandfather was a blacksmith in Liverpool, lived in Bootle.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2021 21:46]
This club doesn’t deserve its support on 00:51 - Oct 29 with 639 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

" We are the absolute massive under achievers of football"

I really don't think

Bigger underachievers (in no particular order) are:

Middlesbrough
West Ham
Bolton
Stoke
Birmingham

You don't half get your self at it - especially considering your club didn't rock up in the top league till the late sixties - even Pompey had been there 4 decades earlier. Laughable stuff.

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

This club doesn’t deserve its support on 01:09 - Oct 29 with 633 viewsBicester_North

This club doesn’t deserve its support on 00:51 - Oct 29 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

" We are the absolute massive under achievers of football"

I really don't think

Bigger underachievers (in no particular order) are:

Middlesbrough
West Ham
Bolton
Stoke
Birmingham

You don't half get your self at it - especially considering your club didn't rock up in the top league till the late sixties - even Pompey had been there 4 decades earlier. Laughable stuff.

“Get yourself at it”

Prime example of cockney rip off shite that West Ham or Millwall were saying 30 years ago and an ex student privileged accountant like you now tries to say to sound like something other than a flaccid drip.

This club doesn’t deserve its support on 09:34 - Oct 29 with 528 viewsHeisenberg

This club doesn’t deserve its support on 01:09 - Oct 29 by Bicester_North

“Get yourself at it”

Prime example of cockney rip off shite that West Ham or Millwall were saying 30 years ago and an ex student privileged accountant like you now tries to say to sound like something other than a flaccid drip.

No way is he a privileged accountant. He only posts during half term when his Mum lets him on the computer once he’s done his homework.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024