Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Movie recommendation for the weekend... 11:04 - Nov 3 with 1106 views1885_SFC

playing Friday night this week means a weekend free for Saints. If you haven't seen it yet, I can thoroughly recommend getting in some munchies & watching The Forgotten Battle. It's on Netflix and other streaming sites. I thought it was terrific...

[Post edited 3 Nov 2021 11:07]

Old School is Cool

Movie recommendation for the weekend... on 14:43 - Nov 3 with 1022 viewssaint901

Go the the cinema and see Dune.

Good CGI, interesting story, very much a set up for a franchise and some decent acting.
Movie recommendation for the weekend... on 20:36 - Nov 3 with 974 viewscocklebreath

Willys wonderland, Nicholas Cage at his best

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Movie recommendation for the weekend... on 20:47 - Nov 3 with 956 viewsgrumpy

Thanks for that 1885, 'The Forgotten Battle 'looks good.
Movie recommendation for the weekend... on 22:53 - Nov 3 with 922 views1885_SFC

Movie recommendation for the weekend... on 20:47 - Nov 3 by grumpy

Thanks for that 1885, 'The Forgotten Battle 'looks good.

It's well worth watching if, like me, you like your war films. It's good to see a movie set in Holland (based around Operation Market Garden) for a change.

Old School is Cool

Movie recommendation for the weekend... on 07:59 - Nov 4 with 854 viewsdarthvader

Movie recommendation for the weekend... on 22:53 - Nov 3 by 1885_SFC

It's well worth watching if, like me, you like your war films. It's good to see a movie set in Holland (based around Operation Market Garden) for a change.

Yes ive seen this . I highly recomend
I think there is a setting to the language thing so that most is dubbed in English .i seem to remember doing this as its a dutch made film ?

keep the faith coyr

Movie recommendation for the weekend... on 07:11 - Nov 5 with 775 viewsdwayne_dibley

Movie recommendation for the weekend... on 22:53 - Nov 3 by 1885_SFC

watched it last night. Film was excellent and the dubbing was very inobtrusive.

You sort of get the hint that the Dutch still do not like the Germans, always found that on foreign holidays.

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Movie recommendation for the weekend... on 07:32 - Nov 5 with 764 viewsHeisenberg

I also watched it last night and enjoyed it. Don't understand why anyone would want it dubbed into English. Watch it in the original language with subtitles.

As for other movies I'm hoping to see Wes Andersons film The French Dispatch if I can. Not sure Mrs H will sit through a sci fi epic like Dune. If you are staying in and haven't seen it then would recommend Succession. It's the finest thing on TV and just gets better and better.

Whatever you do hope you enjoy it. Just hope we can get a win tonight. COYR.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Movie recommendation for the weekend... on 08:21 - Nov 5 with 744 viewsBerber

Movie recommendation for the weekend... on 07:11 - Nov 5 by dwayne_dibley

You sort of get the hint that the Dutch still do not like the Germans, always found that on foreign holidays.

There are parts of Europe where there is still a lot of lingering bitterness. Most of Norway was subject to brutal Nazi domination, and most wider families north of Oslo will have had someone who starved to death as all assets and valuable, including food was taken away to finance the occupation.

The Swedes (supposedly neutral) allowed the Germans to cross their country to occupy Norway, under the threat of being occupied themselves. When the cards are down, most nations are as unreliable as the French, it is just a matter of degree. During the 20th century though, Great Britain and the USA were the outstanding candidates for standing by their treaties and friends (not that I'd hold up either as the leading lights of virtue and honesty).

A former Belgian colleague said that the reason they were so good at being multi-lingual was because they have been over run by most countries in Europe at some stage.
Login to get fewer ads

Movie recommendation for the weekend... on 08:59 - Nov 5 with 729 viewssaintwizzler

Movie recommendation for the weekend... on 14:43 - Nov 3 by saint901

Good CGI, interesting story, very much a set up for a franchise and some decent acting.

I remember going to see the original in 1984 with my old man.
That was a good film. Never took off though like the Star Wars franchise.

1984, good year for films.

Dune
Ghostbusters
The Terminator
Karate Kid
Gremlins
Police Academy
A Nightmare on Elm Street
Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom
Purple Rain

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Movie recommendation for the weekend... on 13:47 - Nov 5 with 681 viewsIanSouthstander

Movie recommendation for the weekend... on 07:11 - Nov 5 by dwayne_dibley

Didn't Ronald Koeman wipe his arse with a German shirt ?
Movie recommendation for the weekend... on 15:06 - Nov 5 with 658 viewsTimSaint

Set up for a Franchise ?

The clue was in the opening credits when it said Part 1 !! :-)

I quite enjoyed it, but thought it went on a little too long. I know it is all part of the story and went pretty much with the book, but I felt it was 20 mins over.

I saw the Original in the 80's but couldn't remember much about it - perhaps should have watched that one again, first.

TimSaint

Movie recommendation for the weekend... on 15:14 - Nov 5 with 655 viewsTimSaint

Movie recommendation for the weekend... on 08:59 - Nov 5 by saintwizzler

I remember going to see the original in 1984 with my old man.
That was a good film. Never took off though like the Star Wars franchise.

1984, good year for films.

Dune
Ghostbusters
The Terminator
Karate Kid
Gremlins
Police Academy
A Nightmare on Elm Street
Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom
Purple Rain

Went straight from school to see Ghostbusters - loved it at the time, especially the Marshmallow man. They did Waterloo station up in Ghostbuster stuff about 5 or 6 years back - I guess when the new film was released. (Slime, Ghosts and a smaller Marshmallow Man).

Terminator was brilliant back in the day.

Nightmare on Elm Street - I remember as a young teen, watching it on VHS with a mate who occasionally posts on here and he was so scared, he didn't want to walk home on his own, so kipped over.

Temple of Doom - Raiders all the way for me. Original and Best !!

Never watched Purple Rain - didn't like Prince or his music.

TimSaint

Movie recommendation for the weekend... on 13:44 - Nov 9 with 513 views1885_SFC

I know it's been around for a couple of years or so now, but in case you missed it or brushed over it, the following series was terrific as well. It's Finnish with English subtitles - but like The Forgotten Battle, the acting, attention to detail & history-based storyline make it well worth watching :

Old School is Cool

Movie recommendation for the weekend... on 13:49 - Nov 9 with 509 viewsSalisburySaint

watched it last night, good film
Movie recommendation for the weekend... on 13:55 - Nov 10 with 429 viewsdarthvader

I took ur advice ..

Oh my god i loved it .visuals were amayzing

Cant wait for the next one

keep the faith coyr

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024