Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fireworks 07:37 - Nov 5 with 2228 viewsHeisenberg

Time to ban the bloody things unless at official displays. Some feckers are letting them off all through the night keeping people awake and terrifying pets and wildlife. It's no longer kids with a sparkler in the garden or small fireworks these things are deafening.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Fireworks on 07:49 - Nov 5 with 1971 viewsBerber

I don't do fireworks, but I think it is OK for folks to let rip and have a good time every now and again. I never liked the big organised events. The best occasions were when our friends, who had a massive (10 acre) garden used to build a big bonfire, and invited all of their friends and their families to attend, and bring one big firework each. After they were set off, we gathered around the bonfire and baked potatoes in foil (with lashings of added butter) to go with the pre prepared burger and sausage baps whilst the kids played hide and seek and tag in the dark, where one of them invariably fell into the coy pond. A good time was had by all.
Fireworks on 11:50 - Nov 5 with 1886 viewsfranniesTache

There is no need for the general public to be able to buy anything other than noiseless fireworks, they're readily available and make very little difference to people's enjoyment.

Also people, rightly, worry about their pets but fireworks are terrible for people with PTSD, like ex forces, for people with autism and even older people.

Last year where i live they began in October and went on till mid January and an old woman down our road with Alzheimers was absolutely terrified by them to the point she actually got confused, left her house and was picked up a few streets down by neighbours who knew her.

I honestly don't understand why they're not banned, and what's worse is they're getting louder and more invasive by the year
Fireworks on 13:41 - Nov 5 with 1836 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Absolutely agree - no need for the general public to buy these noisy, polluting public nuisances.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Fireworks on 16:25 - Nov 5 with 1786 viewsSadoldgit

They seem to be a lot louder than they used to be when I was a nipper. We also used to let them off just after it got dark, not any of this late at night malarkey. It didn’t used to bother me but we have a 5 month old puppy and we are not sure how she will cope with the noise.
Fireworks on 18:26 - Nov 5 with 1731 views1885_SFC

Fireworks on 16:25 - Nov 5 by Sadoldgit

They seem to be a lot louder than they used to be when I was a nipper. We also used to let them off just after it got dark, not any of this late at night malarkey. It didn’t used to bother me but we have a 5 month old puppy and we are not sure how she will cope with the noise.

Like most puppies, she will be petrified. Turn the telly up really loud. It'll piss the neighbours off but they'll understand... hopefully.

We feed a wild fox and several badgers every night of the week in our garden. I doubt we'll have them visit tonight. It'll be a miracle if they turn up. We also get a tawny owl, a barn owl & a mother deer with her two young offspring. I always feel for them all on nights like tonight.

Old School is Cool

Fireworks on 18:29 - Nov 5 with 1726 viewsGasGiant

Chairman Xi must love the sound of fireworks - every time you see or hear one that's another bit of money in his country's coffers. He must think what nice people we are - our own economic prosperity for the next 50 years was werecked by the virus that came out of his own germ warfare laboratories in Wuhan, and here we are giving him what money we have left so we can all ooh and aah for 10 minutes. No wonder he didn't bother coming to COP26.
Fireworks on 23:10 - Nov 5 with 1614 viewsdwayne_dibley

time to ban them, the morons will always abuse them.

scared our dogs witless

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Fireworks on 23:24 - Nov 5 with 1599 viewscocklebreath

Love a firework, cheer up you kid coonts

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Login to get fewer ads

Fireworks on 00:02 - Nov 6 with 1568 viewsSadoldgit

Fireworks on 18:26 - Nov 5 by 1885_SFC

Like most puppies, she will be petrified. Turn the telly up really loud. It'll piss the neighbours off but they'll understand... hopefully.

We feed a wild fox and several badgers every night of the week in our garden. I doubt we'll have them visit tonight. It'll be a miracle if they turn up. We also get a tawny owl, a barn owl & a mother deer with her two young offspring. I always feel for them all on nights like tonight.

Fortunately there were no local fireworks tonight although you could hear them in the distance. She didn’t seemed bothered by those. I think there are a few close local displays planned for tomorrow night which is a worry as we are supposed to be going out. Might have to take her with us.
Fireworks on 06:23 - Nov 6 with 1525 viewssaint68

Didn't see any at all last night, and probably won't tonight either..not bothered in the slightest.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Fireworks on 09:12 - Nov 6 with 1482 viewsdirk_doone

Fireworks on 06:23 - Nov 6 by saint68

Didn't see any at all last night, and probably won't tonight either..not bothered in the slightest.

Driving back through Southampton after the game, there were still plenty going off. But, I was surprised not to see any inside the stadium. I just saw a puff of red smoke in the Northam before kick-off and that was it.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Fireworks on 09:54 - Nov 6 with 1459 viewssaint68

Fireworks on 09:12 - Nov 6 by dirk_doone

Driving back through Southampton after the game, there were still plenty going off. But, I was surprised not to see any inside the stadium. I just saw a puff of red smoke in the Northam before kick-off and that was it.

I expect they'll be a few over here on new years eve though.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Fireworks on 13:05 - Nov 6 with 1405 viewsDENZY

I'm staying in Liverpool and it sounded like Beirut outside last night.

"The Chapel Kop at Southampton is widely regarded as the most passionate and intimidating Kop in European football."

Fireworks on 13:44 - Nov 6 with 1386 viewsBridders2

Fireworks on 18:26 - Nov 5 by 1885_SFC

It's like fookin Snow White and the Seven dwarfs round your house. I hope you haven't been singing..." one day my Prince will come".
Fireworks on 13:47 - Nov 6 with 1368 viewsdwayne_dibley

Fireworks on 13:05 - Nov 6 by DENZY

I'm staying in Liverpool and it sounded like Beirut outside last night.

the scouscers are trying to improve their city using rolemodels

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Fireworks on 15:53 - Nov 6 with 1312 viewsChesham_Saint

Fireworks on 13:47 - Nov 6 by dwayne_dibley

the scouscers are trying to improve their city using rolemodels

But, but….if they improve the place how will they be able to maintain their eternal victim status?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Fireworks on 16:59 - Nov 6 with 1301 views1885_SFC

Fireworks on 13:44 - Nov 6 by Bridders2

It's like fookin Snow White and the Seven dwarfs round your house. I hope you haven't been singing..." one day my Prince will come".

It is... and it's costing a small fortune to feed the lot of them!

Old School is Cool

Fireworks on 20:14 - Nov 6 with 1263 viewsKennington

What happened to the bonfires, did Greta ban them?

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Fireworks on 12:09 - Nov 7 with 1199 viewsChesham_Saint

Fireworks on 20:14 - Nov 6 by Kennington

What happened to the bonfires, did Greta ban them?

Bonfire of the vanities, perhaps?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Fireworks on 09:37 - Nov 8 with 1124 viewsfranniesTache

Fireworks on 23:24 - Nov 5 by cocklebreath

Love a firework, cheer up you kid coonts

you don't need to ban them, you just need to ban the ones that make noise for purchase by the general public.

Absolutely no need for noise making fireworks anymore and it's bizarre they're still sold given the impact they have on ex forces with PTSD, people with autism, older people with Alzheimer's, pets and local wildlife.
Fireworks on 23:31 - Nov 8 with 1048 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Fireworks on 09:37 - Nov 8 by franniesTache

you don't need to ban them, you just need to ban the ones that make noise for purchase by the general public.

Absolutely no need for noise making fireworks anymore and it's bizarre they're still sold given the impact they have on ex forces with PTSD, people with autism, older people with Alzheimer's, pets and local wildlife.

This.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Fireworks on 23:59 - Nov 8 with 1032 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Excitement and fun is truly dead in this country. The older generation have decided it's toooo dangerous.

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Fireworks on 11:30 - Nov 9 with 966 viewsGasGiant

If fireworks were banned it would represent well over £500m pa that is not going to China (who manufacture just about all the fireworks and firework materials used in the UK) and if all those amnesiac people kept the money in their pocket and spend it on something more worthwhile in a country more deserving of that annual boost to its economy, less hostile to UK's own domestic businesses and less indifferent to its own global responsibilities that would be fine with me.
Fireworks on 12:52 - Nov 22 with 835 viewsdirk_doone

French Ban Fireworks at Euro Disney
(AP), Paris , November 22, 2021
The French Government announced today that it is imposing a ban on the
use of fireworks at Euro Disney. The decision comes the day after a
nightly fireworks display at the park, located just 30 miles outside of
Paris , caused the soldiers at a nearby French Army garrison to
surrender to a group of Czech tourists.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Fireworks on 09:47 - Nov 23 with 750 viewsBison

Fireworks on 12:52 - Nov 22 by dirk_doone

French Ban Fireworks at Euro Disney
(AP), Paris , November 22, 2021
The French Government announced today that it is imposing a ban on the
use of fireworks at Euro Disney. The decision comes the day after a
nightly fireworks display at the park, located just 30 miles outside of
Paris , caused the soldiers at a nearby French Army garrison to
surrender to a group of Czech tourists.

I'd rather have a German Division in front of me than a French one behind.

General George S. Patton .

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024