Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our defence 12:20 - Nov 6 with 763 viewskingslandstand1

Have taken a lot of stick to individual players as well as a whole by a lot, including me, along the lines that we need to sort it. And last night I was always worried whenever Villa got in to our last third, though cant think why with how they were playing, but only 4 teams have conceded fewer goals than us, the top 4!
So we must be doing something right?
Our defence on 13:33 - Nov 6 with 719 viewsBridders2

I would say there's a better atmosphere in the dressing room having got rid of Ings, Vestigaard and Bertand. Especially Bertrand, he seemed like he didn't have his heart in it for the last 2 seasons and he looked miserable and sulky most of the time. That will always rub off on to the team and I reckon he should have gone earlier. There seems like more togetherness now.
Our defence on 16:30 - Nov 6 with 633 viewsBerber

I agree, and seeing Lyanco come on and be such a positive and enthusiastic influence, and appreciated by his team mates was nice to see. Like the others, he no doubt has a few mistakes raring to get out, but for all of them, the positives so far massively outweigh the negatives.
Our defence on 19:47 - Nov 6 with 580 viewskingslandstand1

Our defence on 16:30 - Nov 6 by Berber

I agree, and seeing Lyanco come on and be such a positive and enthusiastic influence, and appreciated by his team mates was nice to see. Like the others, he no doubt has a few mistakes raring to get out, but for all of them, the positives so far massively outweigh the negatives.

I meant to have mentioned Lyanco. For his almost cameo role for that last 1/4 hour seemed to make a difference, although not so sure about taking Armstrong S off was such a good idea at the time (noticed the way Ralph and Armstrong appeared to blank each other when he got to the bench?) as I though he was having a good game apart from the miss, but Ralph could maybe see the onslaught coming and beefed the defence up. He certainly seems keen and show some leadership as well
Our defence on 09:23 - Nov 7 with 500 viewsDorsetIan

Salisu is the difference, no? He just seems much quicker and more energetic and commanding than Westergaard.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Our defence on 10:26 - Nov 7 with 460 viewsSaintNick

Our defence on 09:23 - Nov 7 by DorsetIan

Salisu is the difference, no? He just seems much quicker and more energetic and commanding than Westergaard.

I have been banging on about the centre of our defence for almost 5, now we have seemingly sorted it out 2 years ago Jan Bednarek was the only quality defender we had, the rest flattered to deceive.

But we have now signed KWP, Salisu, Perraud, Livramento & Lyanco, 5 defenders who have different qualities and more importantly have what it takes.

We also have Simeu & Small in the B side and they will break through sooner than later.

People told me I had issues with the likes of Stephens, Yoshida, Cedric, Bertrand & Vestergaard, all players who over that almost 5 year period have been first chocie at various points, the only problem I have is that they weren't good enough, now we have players with a bit more quality

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Our defence on 12:25 - Nov 7 with 417 viewsButty101

Our defence on 10:26 - Nov 7 by SaintNick

I have been banging on about the centre of our defence for almost 5, now we have seemingly sorted it out 2 years ago Jan Bednarek was the only quality defender we had, the rest flattered to deceive.

But we have now signed KWP, Salisu, Perraud, Livramento & Lyanco, 5 defenders who have different qualities and more importantly have what it takes.

We also have Simeu & Small in the B side and they will break through sooner than later.

People told me I had issues with the likes of Stephens, Yoshida, Cedric, Bertrand & Vestergaard, all players who over that almost 5 year period have been first chocie at various points, the only problem I have is that they weren't good enough, now we have players with a bit more quality

Nick you are a visionary, who else knew our centre backs have been so bad for years.....

Before Stephens got injured he was first pick.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Our defence on 12:41 - Nov 7 with 405 views1885_SFC

I'm enjoying it while I can. The likes of Tino & Salisu won't go unnoticed by the bigger clubs. Both are cracking young players with a big future who get better week by week. They'll be worth £50M each before long in today's crazy market.

Old School is Cool

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024