Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hasenhuttl Has Big Goalkeeping Decision To Make For Liverpool Game 09:15 - Nov 24 with 892 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/56344/hasenhuttl-has-big

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Hasenhuttl Has Big Goalkeeping Decision To Make For Liverpool Game on 09:43 - Nov 24 with 873 viewssaints__fan__73

Does anyone really think there is the slightest chance of anyone other than McColander being in goal in a PL match?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Hasenhuttl Has Big Goalkeeping Decision To Make For Liverpool Game on 11:27 - Nov 24 with 797 viewsButty101

Hasenhuttl Has Big Goalkeeping Decision To Make For Liverpool Game on 09:43 - Nov 24 by saints__fan__73

Does anyone really think there is the slightest chance of anyone other than McColander being in goal in a PL match?

I see our goalkeeper is Nicks latest whipping boy. Had Salisu been doing his job the first one would not have been a shot on target.

Ralph clearly dosent think he has a dilemma. Personally i would prefer Fraser myself but he didnt sign a new contract like Mcartney.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Hasenhuttl Has Big Goalkeeping Decision To Make For Liverpool Game on 12:29 - Nov 24 with 774 viewsTimSaint

Hasenhuttl Has Big Goalkeeping Decision To Make For Liverpool Game on 11:27 - Nov 24 by Butty101

I see our goalkeeper is Nicks latest whipping boy. Had Salisu been doing his job the first one would not have been a shot on target.

Ralph clearly dosent think he has a dilemma. Personally i would prefer Fraser myself but he didnt sign a new contract like Mcartney.

......and Romeu should have done so much more to try and cut out the cross for the first goal. That is basic stuff you are taught as a kid.

Anyway, despite being at fault for both goals, AM will be in goal again on Saturday and barring any injuries or suspensions, FF will not feature for Saints again until the 3rd round of the FA Cup. Even then we may not want to cup tie him, in case there is a potential move or swap that involves him in January, !!

TimSaint

Hasenhuttl Has Big Goalkeeping Decision To Make For Liverpool Game on 12:47 - Nov 24 with 745 viewsSaintNick

Hasenhuttl Has Big Goalkeeping Decision To Make For Liverpool Game on 11:27 - Nov 24 by Butty101

I have been banging on about the goalkeeping situation for the last 4 years, in any goal usually someone has been caught out, yes perhaps Salisu should have been nearer, but the fact still remains it was a soft shot and should not have been let in.

Goalkeepers are usually easier to pin blame on as their mistakes are easier to spot, ie in this case for instance we dont know whether salisu was given a shout to clear the ball or even if he was told to let it run, but we do know the keeper should have stopped it and we do know that a higher than acceptable number of goals conceded this season and last should have been stopped.

Whether he is going to sign a new contract or not should not come into it, as it stands at present both are out of contract next summer and neither have signed a new deal, we dont know whether that is because of the club or the players themseles.

My litmus test on any player is simple, would they get into any other Premier league side if the answer is no then they are not good enough for ours.

McCarthy and Jack Stephens fall into that category in my mind to name just two you accuse me being my whipping boys.

As I always say that doesn't mean they havent a role to play in the squad, it just shouldnt be as a first choice

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Hasenhuttl Has Big Goalkeeping Decision To Make For Liverpool Game on 14:46 - Nov 24 with 690 viewsI_would

Hasenhuttl Has Big Goalkeeping Decision To Make For Liverpool Game on 12:47 - Nov 24 by SaintNick

I have been banging on about the goalkeeping situation for the last 4 years, in any goal usually someone has been caught out, yes perhaps Salisu should have been nearer, but the fact still remains it was a soft shot and should not have been let in.

Goalkeepers are usually easier to pin blame on as their mistakes are easier to spot, ie in this case for instance we dont know whether salisu was given a shout to clear the ball or even if he was told to let it run, but we do know the keeper should have stopped it and we do know that a higher than acceptable number of goals conceded this season and last should have been stopped.

Whether he is going to sign a new contract or not should not come into it, as it stands at present both are out of contract next summer and neither have signed a new deal, we dont know whether that is because of the club or the players themseles.

My litmus test on any player is simple, would they get into any other Premier league side if the answer is no then they are not good enough for ours.

McCarthy and Jack Stephens fall into that category in my mind to name just two you accuse me being my whipping boys.

As I always say that doesn't mean they havent a role to play in the squad, it just shouldnt be as a first choice

Q: What do you do with a manager that constantly makes the wrong decisions?

A: Sack him.

Easy

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Hasenhuttl Has Big Goalkeeping Decision To Make For Liverpool Game on 16:38 - Nov 24 with 638 viewsBicester_North

Hasenhuttl Has Big Goalkeeping Decision To Make For Liverpool Game on 14:46 - Nov 24 by I_would

Q: What do you do with a manager that constantly makes the wrong decisions?

A: Sack him.

Easy

Warped black box Arnold Lane Gareth
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 16:39]

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Hasenhuttl Has Big Goalkeeping Decision To Make For Liverpool Game on 16:57 - Nov 24 with 609 viewsI_would

Hasenhuttl Has Big Goalkeeping Decision To Make For Liverpool Game on 16:38 - Nov 24 by Bicester_North

Warped black box Arnold Lane Gareth
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 16:39]

You're quite happy with Ralph, McCarthy and Jogggy Joggy then. Try watching the matches then try commenting on the comments not the person making them.

Hasenhuttl Has Big Goalkeeping Decision To Make For Liverpool Game on 17:52 - Nov 24 with 593 viewsSadoldgit

Ralph is a perfectly decent manager. McCarty has been generally ok this season apart from those last two goals. I assume “Joggy” is JWP who is a decent EPL footballer.
I do think that Forster should play in the next match but don’t think there is much between them and would prefer a new keeper with one of these guys as no 2.
Login to get fewer ads

Hasenhuttl Has Big Goalkeeping Decision To Make For Liverpool Game on 18:12 - Nov 24 with 582 viewsI_would

Hasenhuttl Has Big Goalkeeping Decision To Make For Liverpool Game on 17:52 - Nov 24 by Sadoldgit

Ralph is a perfectly decent manager. McCarty has been generally ok this season apart from those last two goals. I assume “Joggy” is JWP who is a decent EPL footballer.
I do think that Forster should play in the next match but don’t think there is much between them and would prefer a new keeper with one of these guys as no 2.

If Ralph was a good manager he would have been successful with SFC, he hasn't been (a clue). McCarthy let's in too many goals, see SFC stats. (record speaks for itself. Since Wunderpass Joggy has been back we've reverted to our old selves as he wanders round the pitch watching the ball like a watchman on valium.

Hasenhuttl Has Big Goalkeeping Decision To Make For Liverpool Game on 18:25 - Nov 24 with 572 views1885_SFC

Hasenhuttl Has Big Goalkeeping Decision To Make For Liverpool Game on 18:12 - Nov 24 by I_would

If Ralph was a good manager he would have been successful with SFC, he hasn't been (a clue). McCarthy let's in too many goals, see SFC stats. (record speaks for itself. Since Wunderpass Joggy has been back we've reverted to our old selves as he wanders round the pitch watching the ball like a watchman on valium.

You've only piped up again because it's Liverpool away this weekend - a game where, in all likelihood, we'll get well beaten - so that you can post your anti-Ralph & Ward-Prowse drivel whilst the ref is still blowing his whistle for full time, you're that desperate.

I don't recall you starting 'Ralph Out' posts on here when we were beating the likes of Villa, Watford & Leeds? You're just arming yourself for a heavy defeat at Anfield so that you can say 'I told you so'.

You sad individual.

Old School is Cool

Hasenhuttl Has Big Goalkeeping Decision To Make For Liverpool Game on 18:38 - Nov 24 with 565 viewsI_would

Hasenhuttl Has Big Goalkeeping Decision To Make For Liverpool Game on 18:25 - Nov 24 by 1885_SFC

You've only piped up again because it's Liverpool away this weekend - a game where, in all likelihood, we'll get well beaten - so that you can post your anti-Ralph & Ward-Prowse drivel whilst the ref is still blowing his whistle for full time, you're that desperate.

I don't recall you starting 'Ralph Out' posts on here when we were beating the likes of Villa, Watford & Leeds? You're just arming yourself for a heavy defeat at Anfield so that you can say 'I told you so'.

You sad individual.

We'll play better at Anfield as Ralph will be extremely animated instead of his usual given up shoe gazing depressed look. We'll still lose though as you say so these type of games are pretty pointless and Ralph could use them to play some other players like Tella for instance instead of Mr Buncott. try watching the matches and learn.

Hasenhuttl Has Big Goalkeeping Decision To Make For Liverpool Game on 23:10 - Nov 24 with 496 viewsSadoldgit

Hasenhuttl Has Big Goalkeeping Decision To Make For Liverpool Game on 18:38 - Nov 24 by I_would

We'll play better at Anfield as Ralph will be extremely animated instead of his usual given up shoe gazing depressed look. We'll still lose though as you say so these type of games are pretty pointless and Ralph could use them to play some other players like Tella for instance instead of Mr Buncott. try watching the matches and learn.

These types of games are pointless? Like when we beat Liverpool? Like when we beat City? They are not pointless at all. Playing the top sides is what it is all about, or would you rather we played teams like Norwich week in week out?
Hasenhuttl Has Big Goalkeeping Decision To Make For Liverpool Game on 12:35 - Nov 25 with 426 viewsI_would

Hasenhuttl Has Big Goalkeeping Decision To Make For Liverpool Game on 23:10 - Nov 24 by Sadoldgit

These types of games are pointless? Like when we beat Liverpool? Like when we beat City? They are not pointless at all. Playing the top sides is what it is all about, or would you rather we played teams like Norwich week in week out?

I'd rather we beat the lower 13 teams, lost against the top 6 and stayed up. You know like it was when we had a credible manager (RK) who was able to see JWP's, very obvious, shortcomings and didn't undermine progress by insisting on playing favourites. What the hell is Buncott doing on the pitch?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024