Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Late match thread 15:24 - Dec 4 with 4912 viewsHeisenberg

Seeing as there isn’t one. How many chances have we had ? Adams wasteful

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Late match thread on 18:00 - Dec 4 with 1222 viewsdirk_doone

Late match thread on 17:59 - Dec 4 by ElijahK

I’m pretty sure he did tell him it’s just we didn’t have Forster on the bench, so just had a youth goalie to bring in which is understandable of why he probably decided not to bring him on

No, unfortunately, he didn't.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2021 18:01]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Late match thread on 18:00 - Dec 4 with 1224 viewssaint22

Late match thread on 17:24 - Dec 4 by Ron11

Well it's become a very familiar pattern now.
This isn't just down to the players, the manger has to take the responsibility - players STILL out of position, persistently playing Ward prowess who clearly is well off form and needs to be dropped (but won't be) and STILL trying to defend a one goal lead.
And it's beginning to look like Livramento is wishing he had not joined Saints, as well as Stuart Armstrong's persistent calf injury which is now looking more and more like a disagreement with Hassenhutl - of course it wouldn't be the tactics, would it?

We paid for our profligacy again
Broja was a handful but we need to finish chances
Why do we stop attacking when we go one up? We just sit back
Once again Ralph left the sings too late the game had died at 65 mins and he should have freshens it right up
As for that ref, another one for the list of useless muppets
Late match thread on 18:03 - Dec 4 with 1207 viewscocklebreath

Ward prowse pathetic sloppy pass leads to Freekick then he plays them onside, pathetic against 10 men, as soon as they went down to 10 men we should have taken control, proper losers. Tino was shite as well. Furious.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Late match thread on 18:04 - Dec 4 with 1205 viewsA1079

I am so angry with this result and outcome and the way some of our players handled the end of that game I cannot even be bothered to write my own analysis. Too many of our experienced players are letting us down and too many of our good young players are in danger of being dragged down. No leadership on the pitch and I would suggest not alot off it either!

Not sure how much more I can put up with this. Tickets for Arsenal away next week but I really wonder if it is worth the effort (and the cost).
Late match thread on 18:22 - Dec 4 with 1145 viewsdirk_doone

"ANGRY Saints boss Ralph Hasenhuttl did not hold back in his criticism of goalkeeper Alex McCarthy as Saints threw away two points against Brighton"

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/19762818.ralph-hasenhuttl-slams-goalkeeper-ale

Late match thread on 18:28 - Dec 4 with 1119 viewssaint22

Late match thread on 18:22 - Dec 4 by dirk_doone

"ANGRY Saints boss Ralph Hasenhuttl did not hold back in his criticism of goalkeeper Alex McCarthy as Saints threw away two points against Brighton"

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/19762818.ralph-hasenhuttl-slams-goalkeeper-ale

Well drop him then
Late match thread on 19:34 - Dec 4 with 992 viewsMrangry25

Late match thread on 18:04 - Dec 4 by A1079

I am so angry with this result and outcome and the way some of our players handled the end of that game I cannot even be bothered to write my own analysis. Too many of our experienced players are letting us down and too many of our good young players are in danger of being dragged down. No leadership on the pitch and I would suggest not alot off it either!

Not sure how much more I can put up with this. Tickets for Arsenal away next week but I really wonder if it is worth the effort (and the cost).

I agree with this, I was fuming that we cannot seem to put a game to bed against another p*ss poor side. I struggle to understand the tactics RH and the rest of the other useless backroom team come up with, wtf did he bring Elonusi on for he is a liability at best, brings Broje off and puts Armstong on wtf for, JWP needs to be dropped with immediate effect he has been sh*te for weeks, salisu needs to stop thinking he is Beckanbauer and get rid of the ball quicker the number of times he puts KWP into difficult positions is staggering, us pi**ing around with this short goal kick stuff is only good if you have quality players which we do not. We continue to gift goals to sides.

See you at Arsenal next week. COYR
Late match thread on 19:37 - Dec 4 with 984 viewsMrangry25

Late match thread on 18:28 - Dec 4 by saint22

Well drop him then

Photos are involved me thinks.
Login to get fewer ads

Late match thread on 20:04 - Dec 4 with 944 viewsSaintsforeverj

Late match thread on 18:22 - Dec 4 by dirk_doone

Yep, Ralph has called him unprofessional. Tell us something we don't know Ralph.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/ralph-hasenhut

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Late match thread on 21:16 - Dec 4 with 868 viewsElijahK

Late match thread on 19:34 - Dec 4 by Mrangry25

I agree with this, I was fuming that we cannot seem to put a game to bed against another p*ss poor side. I struggle to understand the tactics RH and the rest of the other useless backroom team come up with, wtf did he bring Elonusi on for he is a liability at best, brings Broje off and puts Armstong on wtf for, JWP needs to be dropped with immediate effect he has been sh*te for weeks, salisu needs to stop thinking he is Beckanbauer and get rid of the ball quicker the number of times he puts KWP into difficult positions is staggering, us pi**ing around with this short goal kick stuff is only good if you have quality players which we do not. We continue to gift goals to sides.

See you at Arsenal next week. COYR

Ok but us not taking chances, and gifting others them isn’t down to Ralph or his tactics, in the end he just sets up the formation, who plays and the styles which we defend/attack in. As today it was down to McCarthy not informing Ralph that he was badly injured, us not taking our chances and some stupid play right at the end with us giving away soo many stupid free kicks as well as giving away the ball soo sloppily.
None of which is down to Ralph, as the fact that we keep getting so frustrated over loosing as we should be winning is because Ralph’s tactics is what makes us have the chances to win, but the lack of player quality which makes us drop those points by doing stupid mistakes and not taking our chances.

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Late match thread on 21:26 - Dec 4 with 854 viewsBicester_North

Late match thread on 21:16 - Dec 4 by ElijahK

Ok but us not taking chances, and gifting others them isn’t down to Ralph or his tactics, in the end he just sets up the formation, who plays and the styles which we defend/attack in. As today it was down to McCarthy not informing Ralph that he was badly injured, us not taking our chances and some stupid play right at the end with us giving away soo many stupid free kicks as well as giving away the ball soo sloppily.
None of which is down to Ralph, as the fact that we keep getting so frustrated over loosing as we should be winning is because Ralph’s tactics is what makes us have the chances to win, but the lack of player quality which makes us drop those points by doing stupid mistakes and not taking our chances.

The manager picks and coaches the team. Every team has f*ckwitt players who go off message but it’s up to the manager to deal with it.
The only thing I can say for Ralph is that the players still seem to be trying hard. But too many are going backwards under him.
The only consistent senior players now are Romeu and S Armstrong when he’s fit. A lot of the young/newer ones are talented but leadership and good coaching is needed and I think Ralph needs an experienced coach alongside him badly.
Ward-Prowse is abysmal this season and can’t be doing any good as a captain. The pathetic record of giving points away from winning positions lies with Ralph and JWP. Leadership is everything.
The goalkeeper situation is another joke and Ralph needs to sort it.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Late match thread on 21:42 - Dec 4 with 820 viewssaint22

Late match thread on 21:26 - Dec 4 by Bicester_North

The manager picks and coaches the team. Every team has f*ckwitt players who go off message but it’s up to the manager to deal with it.
The only thing I can say for Ralph is that the players still seem to be trying hard. But too many are going backwards under him.
The only consistent senior players now are Romeu and S Armstrong when he’s fit. A lot of the young/newer ones are talented but leadership and good coaching is needed and I think Ralph needs an experienced coach alongside him badly.
Ward-Prowse is abysmal this season and can’t be doing any good as a captain. The pathetic record of giving points away from winning positions lies with Ralph and JWP. Leadership is everything.

Well said
Late match thread on 22:10 - Dec 4 with 788 viewsElijahK

Late match thread on 21:26 - Dec 4 by Bicester_North

Ok so he picks the team. But the starting 11 today had no one arguing about, as we had our best 11 out and there was no real arguing over any position or such, as Armstrong’s been poor recently (hence why Adanas and Broja started) and Forster was injured (so it was always gonna be McCarthy starting). And yeah teams do have players that mess up, but pre game, there wasn’t anyone standing out who we had issues with, and it wasn’t until the last minute that any major issues arose.
As I agree that Ralph does need a decent assistant by his side to remind him of the vice versa’s for each scenario he come across issues/answers for.
And sorry but these dropped points are stupid, as yeah I know we’ve dropped loads (which is supposedly something like 71 since he arrived), but that’s just down to the fact that we almost always get the opening goal. I mean this season alone we’ve scored the opening goal in 9 of our 15 games (with half of the remaining ones being 0-0 draws, so we’ve only had 3 games all season where we were never winning and lost/drew), yet only 3 of those games did the goals, where they took the lead, come past the 60th minute. So we’re not really dropping points like we did today often, it’s just as we score the opening goal soo often, unless we win, we drop at least 2/3 points almost every game, which makes sense when you think of how many you’d expect us to win anyway. But yeah I do agree that we are still dropping quite a few, but it’s certainly not as bad as people make out.
And with Prowse, yeah he certainly hasn’t been his regular self recently, but at the end of the day, he’s still one of our best players and only really cost us the game today because McCarthy got injured and dealt with it poorly. But I do think he is helping out the youth and showing them that they can make the first team if they show their talents. With the goalies though, well I prefer McCarthy, but at the end of the day he’s not PL quality, just like Forster, hence why we just need a new number 1, which unless we can get a new owner before January, doesn’t look like it’ll be changing until next season.

But in the end, we’re not going down this season, but we’re not finishing any higher than like 13th, so unless we have an FA Cup run, then it’ll be like this for most of the season, but for the investment we get, and the players we’ve got, anyone who’s realistic would agree that it’s what you’d expect from Ralph, and yeah he does mess up from time to time, but games like today isn’t ones that he’s at fault for.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2021 22:17]

Late match thread on 22:12 - Dec 4 with 787 viewsDorsetIan

Even before the calamitous ending, you could see things slipping away in the second half, as our players tired.

But once again Ralph makes no attempt to freshen it up until way too late.

I think he’s deluded - he just can’t admit what’s in front of him on the pitch, either that or he just can’t make an in-game decision.

The points thrown away under his leadership have been a constant theme - and in the last 4 games alone, 7 points down the pan - as have his too late substitutions, his continuing to pick players who are clearly not good enough, his bizarre team selections and tactics, and his failure ever to cancel out changes made by opposition managers.

It was his 3 year anniversary today I understand.

It’s been fun (sometimes) but maybe we’ve seen enough now. He just doesn’t seem able to build a robust team.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Late match thread on 22:28 - Dec 4 with 756 viewsSaintsforeverj

Late match thread on 22:12 - Dec 4 by DorsetIan

Even before the calamitous ending, you could see things slipping away in the second half, as our players tired.

But once again Ralph makes no attempt to freshen it up until way too late.

I think he’s deluded - he just can’t admit what’s in front of him on the pitch, either that or he just can’t make an in-game decision.

The points thrown away under his leadership have been a constant theme - and in the last 4 games alone, 7 points down the pan - as have his too late substitutions, his continuing to pick players who are clearly not good enough, his bizarre team selections and tactics, and his failure ever to cancel out changes made by opposition managers.

It was his 3 year anniversary today I understand.

It’s been fun (sometimes) but maybe we’ve seen enough now. He just doesn’t seem able to build a robust team.

But, Saints won't replace him, they can't afford to replace him, they don't have the ambition to replace him and they probably wouldn't replace him with anyone better. Which brings us back to the real problem at the club. It's hopeless all round. Again, look at the very top as to why it's so hopeless. Would the unveiling of a new manager make any difference at a club in dept and completely skint, under a hopeless owner who just wants out?

Just to add to this, Ward-Prowse passing the ball across the edge of our box in the 98th minute cost us the game today. If he kicks it in row z, we win the game.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2021 22:32]

Late match thread on 22:57 - Dec 4 with 730 viewsdirk_doone

I saw this on Saintsweb:

1st halves: 5 wins 7 draws and only 2 losses (Chelsea and Liverpool away).

2nd halves: 1 win (Leeds home) 6 draws and 7 losses.

If games only consisted of the first half, we'd be challenging for Europe; only second half, we'd be relegated.

Leeds were decimated by injuries and were the only team we faced who seemed to accept that they were going to lose; all of the other teams knew we'd fall apart after half time. What goes on in those half-time talks because whatever it is, it seems to totally demoralize our players? A team that looked full of confidence in the first half, looks panic-stricken and disorganised the moment they step out for the second.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2021 23:05]

Late match thread on 22:59 - Dec 4 with 728 viewsDorsetIan

Late match thread on 22:28 - Dec 4 by Saintsforeverj

But, Saints won't replace him, they can't afford to replace him, they don't have the ambition to replace him and they probably wouldn't replace him with anyone better. Which brings us back to the real problem at the club. It's hopeless all round. Again, look at the very top as to why it's so hopeless. Would the unveiling of a new manager make any difference at a club in dept and completely skint, under a hopeless owner who just wants out?

Just to add to this, Ward-Prowse passing the ball across the edge of our box in the 98th minute cost us the game today. If he kicks it in row z, we win the game.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2021 22:32]

You’re right, of course, you can always point to individual errors and say that ‘the manager can’t legislate for those’ but as a general pattern, over a long period of time, if the same things keep happening under his watch then you can reasonably look at what the manager is doing or not doing.

Today I was pretty happy with his team, but the team was crying out for fresh legs by around 65 minutes and yet his first sub was 81 mins.

JWP and Romeu were together responsible for the free kick. They had both put in massive shifts, so they’d be forgiven for flagging a bit by the 98th minute. That’s how mistakes arise. That’s what subs are for.

And, yes, maybe the club won’t sack him, and I’m no fan of Gao, I’m just saying perhaps they should, because he’s had a decent innings and he keeps making the same mistakes over and over and over again.

Late match thread on 23:10 - Dec 4 with 711 viewsSaintsforeverj

Late match thread on 22:59 - Dec 4 by DorsetIan

You’re right, of course, you can always point to individual errors and say that ‘the manager can’t legislate for those’ but as a general pattern, over a long period of time, if the same things keep happening under his watch then you can reasonably look at what the manager is doing or not doing.

Today I was pretty happy with his team, but the team was crying out for fresh legs by around 65 minutes and yet his first sub was 81 mins.

JWP and Romeu were together responsible for the free kick. They had both put in massive shifts, so they’d be forgiven for flagging a bit by the 98th minute. That’s how mistakes arise. That’s what subs are for.

And, yes, maybe the club won’t sack him, and I’m no fan of Gao, I’m just saying perhaps they should, because he’s had a decent innings and he keeps making the same mistakes over and over and over again.

It's fair to say that he should certainly have replaced Ward-Prowse. He was tiring and not playing well. In Ralph's post match interview, he stated that WP and McCarthy decided on the tactics between themselves, and didn't inform the manager. Ward-Prowse decided to cover an injured McCarthy by standing on the line, only to play Maupay onside. The manager had no say in this as they just did it. I can't work out whether it was Ralph's fault for not intervening or asking, or whether those players should have asked their manager what to do. McCarthy certainly should have informed the manager that he was unable to jump. Ralph said he wasn't informed.

But at the end of the day, if we had some decent strikers, we would have been 5 up at half-time. I'm now dreading next week without a goalkeeper, Salisu, Romeu, Armstrong, Bednerak.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2021 23:12]

Late match thread on 23:32 - Dec 4 with 689 viewsElijahK

Late match thread on 23:10 - Dec 4 by Saintsforeverj

It's fair to say that he should certainly have replaced Ward-Prowse. He was tiring and not playing well. In Ralph's post match interview, he stated that WP and McCarthy decided on the tactics between themselves, and didn't inform the manager. Ward-Prowse decided to cover an injured McCarthy by standing on the line, only to play Maupay onside. The manager had no say in this as they just did it. I can't work out whether it was Ralph's fault for not intervening or asking, or whether those players should have asked their manager what to do. McCarthy certainly should have informed the manager that he was unable to jump. Ralph said he wasn't informed.

But at the end of the day, if we had some decent strikers, we would have been 5 up at half-time. I'm now dreading next week without a goalkeeper, Salisu, Romeu, Armstrong, Bednerak.

Well they didn’t tell Ralph, hence why he was really angry after the game, as if he had of told Ralph then he’d have probably brought on that Harry Lewis, to end the game. As why would he ask? I mean you don’t see managers like Guardiola, Morinho etc go around his 11 asking if their injured, as if they were then the player would just tell them.
But what you’ve said about the striker situation is spot on, as we had 3/4 great opportunities to score whilst they only had 1/2, hence why we are all soo frustrated that we didn’t win.

Late match thread on 23:34 - Dec 4 with 682 viewsDorsetIan

Late match thread on 23:10 - Dec 4 by Saintsforeverj

Tbh Saintsfj I think I’m just sick of it at the moment!

And I’m bloody sure this manager is going to continue to serve up more unnecessary frustration and disappointment in the future.

Late match thread on 23:37 - Dec 4 with 678 viewsSaintsforeverj

Late match thread on 23:32 - Dec 4 by ElijahK

Well they didn’t tell Ralph, hence why he was really angry after the game, as if he had of told Ralph then he’d have probably brought on that Harry Lewis, to end the game. As why would he ask? I mean you don’t see managers like Guardiola, Morinho etc go around his 11 asking if their injured, as if they were then the player would just tell them.
But what you’ve said about the striker situation is spot on, as we had 3/4 great opportunities to score whilst they only had 1/2, hence why we are all soo frustrated that we didn’t win.

I think Lyanco started taking the goal kicks, so I'm wondering why Ralph didn't ask why that was so or why didn't he shout to WP, why are you on the line for the free kick. But maybe it was all too quick. They should have informed Ralph ofcourse. And yes the biggest thing is frustration. We all know that we just don't have the quality to do much this year.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2021 23:38]

Late match thread on 00:04 - Dec 5 with 664 viewsRon11

Late match thread on 23:37 - Dec 4 by Saintsforeverj

I think Lyanco started taking the goal kicks, so I'm wondering why Ralph didn't ask why that was so or why didn't he shout to WP, why are you on the line for the free kick. But maybe it was all too quick. They should have informed Ralph ofcourse. And yes the biggest thing is frustration. We all know that we just don't have the quality to do much this year.

Not good if they're not talking to the manager.
At the very least it shows a lack of control and disrespect from the players.
Late match thread on 00:17 - Dec 5 with 646 viewsElijahK

Late match thread on 23:37 - Dec 4 by Saintsforeverj

Well they couldn’t have told him of why Prowse was on the line as by the time it had happened, it was already too late, but why didn’t tell him about the goal kicks I don’t know, but maybe he thought that McCarthy had just asked for someone else to take them as he didn’t feel right today or such

Late match thread on 00:20 - Dec 5 with 645 viewsSaintsforeverj

Late match thread on 23:34 - Dec 4 by DorsetIan

Tbh Saintsfj I think I’m just sick of it at the moment!

And I’m bloody sure this manager is going to continue to serve up more unnecessary frustration and disappointment in the future.

I think we are all sick of not getting anywhere, constant disappointment, constant mistakes and misses. But we are still joint 11th on the same points as teams that have spent a lot more money. It feels frustrating and disappointing but it's tight in the league. I don't know what to make of it all. It's just the ridiculous throwing away of games that makes us all leave the ground annoyed and frustrated.

Late match thread on 07:23 - Dec 5 with 569 viewssaint22

Late match thread on 22:59 - Dec 4 by DorsetIan

This sub issue is massive and what costs us time and again
We could all see a lull around the hour mark a and the need for fresh legs, all of us bar Ralph
It’s mental block in his part has to be
That and the McCarthy issue is gonna cost us
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024