Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stephen Port 11:41 - Jan 6 with 1278 viewsSadoldgit

Fascinating drama series on the BBC this week about the Barking murders with a documentary follow up last night. The Barking & Dagenham police made a right pigs ear of the investigation and probably could have saved 3 lives if they had dealt with the first murder properly. 9 officers were singled out for criticism but amazingly 5 of them went on to get promotion. Stephen Merchant played the part of Stephen Port very well.
Stephen Port on 12:18 - Jan 6 with 1245 viewsdirk_doone

92% of crimes in this country go without anyone being caught and charged. So, criminals know nowadays that unless they repeat their crimes a lot, they will probably get away with them.

It is criminal just how shambolic everything organised and funded by the government in this country is and how many billions of taxpayers' money they waste every year:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/82bc2946-6d73-11ec-87c8-7ab22098d3fb?shareTok

[Post edited 6 Jan 2022 13:50]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Stephen Port on 12:26 - Jan 6 with 1231 viewsSadoldgit

To say the police made schoolboy errors in this case is an insult to schoolboys. They didn’t even bother with basic checks and if it wasn’t for the family of one of the victims pushing them to check some CCTV footage more could have died.
Stephen Port on 20:41 - Jan 6 with 1126 viewssolent_toffee

Stephen Port on 12:18 - Jan 6 by dirk_doone

92% of crimes in this country go without anyone being caught and charged. So, criminals know nowadays that unless they repeat their crimes a lot, they will probably get away with them.

It is criminal just how shambolic everything organised and funded by the government in this country is and how many billions of taxpayers' money they waste every year:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/82bc2946-6d73-11ec-87c8-7ab22098d3fb?shareTok

[Post edited 6 Jan 2022 13:50]

I might be a bit thick here but isn’t this what defunding the police is about? Instead of spending billions of tax payers money chasing after petty criminal stuff, spend more on quality qualified, skilled policeman to do proper investigative police week and pay the local authorities to sort out the communities.

I’m pretty sure that Thatcher tried to bring in this model.

Either way as someone who has worked in the prison sector for years, the whole thing is a a joke. Billions spent on predominantly man-child’s who commit petty crimes. Basically baby sitting them at the tax payers expense.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2022 20:44]
Stephen Port on 02:50 - Jan 7 with 1038 viewsButty101

Stephen Port on 20:41 - Jan 6 by solent_toffee

I might be a bit thick here but isn’t this what defunding the police is about? Instead of spending billions of tax payers money chasing after petty criminal stuff, spend more on quality qualified, skilled policeman to do proper investigative police week and pay the local authorities to sort out the communities.

I’m pretty sure that Thatcher tried to bring in this model.

Either way as someone who has worked in the prison sector for years, the whole thing is a a joke. Billions spent on predominantly man-child’s who commit petty crimes. Basically baby sitting them at the tax payers expense.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2022 20:44]

Im Sure people that are a victims of petty crime want justice.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Stephen Port on 07:08 - Jan 7 with 994 viewsBerber

Stephen Port on 12:26 - Jan 6 by Sadoldgit

To say the police made schoolboy errors in this case is an insult to schoolboys. They didn’t even bother with basic checks and if it wasn’t for the family of one of the victims pushing them to check some CCTV footage more could have died.

I've posted it before on here, but a significant part of the police force throughout the country is any one, two or three of lazy, incompetent, corrupt. Sadly for us. This has been demonstrated over and over again in different authorities, most notably, the landmark force, The Met. Most of the leadership is incompetent, and unwilling to deal with the problems, so they just continue on whilst a few more get to their padded pensions and cushy numbers in the security industry. I know of one security outfit wrt Royal protection, where the team take it in turns to kip the night out whilst the others cover for them. They don't see anything wrong in it.
Stephen Port on 09:08 - Jan 7 with 955 viewsSadoldgit

I think part of the problem is that the job attracts many people who are just not suitable for the role and want to do it for the wrong reasons. I was at school with a guy in the 70’s who was perfect for it but he was turned down for being 1/2” too small. He went on to be a social worker which was the police’s loss. It is a position of power and responsibility and you need to have the right psychological profile to make a good copper. Sadly they don’t seem to sift out those who just want to boss people around and strutting around in uniforms. During my time with the CPS we most worked in separate offices but I did spend a couple of years working in Medway Nick and a year working from Guildford Nick and in both cases there were some excellent officers but also some very poor ones who thought it was enough that they thought the defendant was guilty and providing evidence was a chore that was beneath them. It hasn’t helped bringing in a lower strata of community police offices. It is policing on the cheap and has weakened the force further. Make it harder to get in and progress with a greater use of psychological profiling. Pay them well and recruit the right numbers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024