Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did i miss something tonight....... 23:52 - Jan 11 with 4552 viewsTripleNiemi

It was almost like i was at a Robbie Williams concert and not a top flight football match......cringeworthy.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Did i miss something tonight....... on 09:22 - Jan 12 with 2940 viewsfranniesTache

Our support is a f*cking mess right now, admittedly it's got a lot louder in recent seasons but the influx of utter messes to the Itchen North from the Northam has take what was for a short period something akin to the old dell and turned it into a social media noddy festival.

Our fans really need to get a bit of self awareness and realise that they're constantly embarrassing themselves, singing songs like the kolo toure song for the armstrongs, pompey get battered and turning the ground into an Ariana Grande concert is beyond embarrassing.

To be honest it seems fairly obvious the Itchen North is now dead and we need to leave it and start again.
Did i miss something tonight....... on 09:27 - Jan 12 with 2933 viewsSaintNick

Did i miss something tonight....... on 09:22 - Jan 12 by franniesTache

Our support is a f*cking mess right now, admittedly it's got a lot louder in recent seasons but the influx of utter messes to the Itchen North from the Northam has take what was for a short period something akin to the old dell and turned it into a social media noddy festival.

Our fans really need to get a bit of self awareness and realise that they're constantly embarrassing themselves, singing songs like the kolo toure song for the armstrongs, pompey get battered and turning the ground into an Ariana Grande concert is beyond embarrassing.

To be honest it seems fairly obvious the Itchen North is now dead and we need to leave it and start again.

The level of support including from the Itchen North is far better than it has been in recent seasons, which is good to see, but as you say there is no originality, many want to just sing songs they know and every other team sings.

I would suggest a move to the Kingsland North, you can educate the Northam end from there and leave the itchen to those who want to chant Who are yer at the away fans after we score

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Did i miss something tonight....... on 09:32 - Jan 12 with 2921 viewsdirk_doone

Last night was the loudest I've ever heard the Itchen North. Usually, I hardly notice it. Some fans must have moved over there from the Northam because the two sections were almost equal in volume.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2022 9:35]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Did i miss something tonight....... on 09:33 - Jan 12 with 2917 viewsfranniesTache

Did i miss something tonight....... on 09:27 - Jan 12 by SaintNick

The level of support including from the Itchen North is far better than it has been in recent seasons, which is good to see, but as you say there is no originality, many want to just sing songs they know and every other team sings.

I would suggest a move to the Kingsland North, you can educate the Northam end from there and leave the itchen to those who want to chant Who are yer at the away fans after we score

A couple of season back the Itchen North was the perfect mix, older lads who'd stood at the dell including some well known faces like the old postie from the Archers, younger lads who knew a bit about terrace culture and wanted a laugh and dads and lads who are the heart and soul of the club.

It really reminded us all of the Dell, genuinely original songs, self aware and self deprecating supporting, very little of the anti pompey dross that went on elsewhere and not much in the way of the pantomime "hoolie" act from nippers in stoney bought on Klarna.

Unfortunately it became "a thing" and the drips and drones moved over en masse from the Northam, completely missing the point that what made the Northam sh*t wasn't the stand, it was them.

So as is always the way with Saints now it's dead the itk lads will move on.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2022 9:34]
Did i miss something tonight....... on 10:18 - Jan 12 with 2845 viewsSouthSeaSaint

I am a fan of longstanding from the days of the Albion Band!!!!

I was amused with the phone light display (which I first experienced at the Millenium Stadium Cup Final against Arsenal)

I thought it much less cringeworthy than the Oles when we outpassed Brentford later in the game.

At my age I am not into terrace culture but thought the level of support showed at the Spurs and Brentford games was very good.

I sit amongst a set of older supporters and the atmosphere around us has been relatively muted since we moved to St Marys from The Dell.

However this season a few of the regular supporters seem not to have renewed their season tickets and have been replaced by more transient, vocal supporters which seems to have added to the noise level around our area which will hopefully add to the atmosphere.
Did i miss something tonight....... on 11:56 - Jan 12 with 2705 viewsBerber

Did i miss something tonight....... on 10:18 - Jan 12 by SouthSeaSaint

I am a fan of longstanding from the days of the Albion Band!!!!

I was amused with the phone light display (which I first experienced at the Millenium Stadium Cup Final against Arsenal)

I thought it much less cringeworthy than the Oles when we outpassed Brentford later in the game.

At my age I am not into terrace culture but thought the level of support showed at the Spurs and Brentford games was very good.

I sit amongst a set of older supporters and the atmosphere around us has been relatively muted since we moved to St Marys from The Dell.

However this season a few of the regular supporters seem not to have renewed their season tickets and have been replaced by more transient, vocal supporters which seems to have added to the noise level around our area which will hopefully add to the atmosphere.

I have noticed this "refresh" too. I sit in the Kingsland, right next to Kingsland North and the more vocal day ticket supporters are a pleasure to have around. Given the proximity, it's natural that The Northam sounds louder to me, but really, in the past few seasons, I could count on one hand when the Itchen North has made any impact soundwise, and only twice when they have truly led the chants around the ground. But as described already, it's more than just the singing to enjoy if the surrounding fans are knowledgeable and witty.
Did i miss something tonight....... on 12:16 - Jan 12 with 2678 viewsSalisburySaint

Did i miss something tonight....... on 11:56 - Jan 12 by Berber

I have noticed this "refresh" too. I sit in the Kingsland, right next to Kingsland North and the more vocal day ticket supporters are a pleasure to have around. Given the proximity, it's natural that The Northam sounds louder to me, but really, in the past few seasons, I could count on one hand when the Itchen North has made any impact soundwise, and only twice when they have truly led the chants around the ground. But as described already, it's more than just the singing to enjoy if the surrounding fans are knowledgeable and witty.

seen a post on Brentford messageboard saying how impressed they were with Saints supporters either side of them singing at them last night
Did i miss something tonight....... on 12:19 - Jan 12 with 2672 viewsfranniesTache

Did i miss something tonight....... on 11:56 - Jan 12 by Berber

The point never was for the Itchen North to be the focus of the singing in the ground that was, and always should be, the job of the Norham.

The Northam has numbers and should be leading the ground, much like the Archers/Milton did at the Dell, the Itchen North was always more akin to under the east, older lads who wanted their own thing, a bit more class, a bit more style, a bit more refinement even.

What's happened though is the same noddy nippers who used to stand in the Northam have moved over, completely missed the point and utterly ruined the culture of the stand.

So instead of having two places with two different cultures, we have the Northam and the Northam lite.
Login to get fewer ads

Did i miss something tonight....... on 12:26 - Jan 12 with 2662 viewsdirk_doone

Did i miss something tonight....... on 12:16 - Jan 12 by SalisburySaint

seen a post on Brentford messageboard saying how impressed they were with Saints supporters either side of them singing at them last night

Yes, I remember when I suggested that the Itchen North and Northam/Kingsland corner join up to form one big kop, being given the argument that they were 'surrounding' the away supporters. Last night was the first time it ever appeared to work, perhaps because the small Itchen North group that you could hardly hear before had its numbers bolstered.

Did i miss something tonight....... on 12:45 - Jan 12 with 2632 viewsPatfromPoole

I am trying to persuade saintwizzler to try out the Itchen North for the Cup game with Cov.

I feel this would add undoubted gravitas and kudos to proceedings.

I will ensure his phone torch is not working.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Did i miss something tonight....... on 12:57 - Jan 12 with 2608 viewsdirk_doone

Did i miss something tonight....... on 12:45 - Jan 12 by PatfromPoole

I am trying to persuade saintwizzler to try out the Itchen North for the Cup game with Cov.

We could see, with Coventry fans packing the whole of the Northam end, how loud a kop end can be, as we have in previous FA Cup games at St Mary's against Chelsea and Man United. So, even with the numbers there last night, I doubt that the Itchen North will be heard above them unless we give Coventry an absolute drubbing on the pitch.

Did i miss something tonight....... on 13:01 - Jan 12 with 2593 viewsfranniesTache

Ironically we're talking about going somewhere different that game because it'll be a freak show in there
Did i miss something tonight....... on 13:16 - Jan 12 with 2548 viewsPatfromPoole

Did i miss something tonight....... on 12:57 - Jan 12 by dirk_doone

We could see, with Coventry fans packing the whole of the Northam end, how loud a kop end can be, as we have in previous FA Cup games at St Mary's against Chelsea and Man United. So, even with the numbers there last night, I doubt that the Itchen North will be heard above them unless we give Coventry an absolute drubbing on the pitch.

TBF sir, you do seem to talk down the Itchen North quite a bit.

If you don’t think we make enough noise, come along and join us and make a racket yourself to make it noisier.

Did i miss something tonight....... on 13:21 - Jan 12 with 2542 viewsPatfromPoole

Did i miss something tonight....... on 13:01 - Jan 12 by franniesTache

Ironically we're talking about going somewhere different that game because it'll be a freak show in there

There might be a few new faces in there.

I think there were for the Spurs Cup game a couple of years ago; it was still decent enough in there though.

Some new songs take off, for whatever reason some don’t. FWIW I am persisting with Psycho Killer for Perraud, it will get there as his performances continue to improve.

Did i miss something tonight....... on 13:27 - Jan 12 with 2525 viewsfranniesTache

Did i miss something tonight....... on 13:21 - Jan 12 by PatfromPoole

There might be a few new faces in there.

I think there were for the Spurs Cup game a couple of years ago; it was still decent enough in there though.

Some new songs take off, for whatever reason some don’t. FWIW I am persisting with Psycho Killer for Perraud, it will get there as his performances continue to improve.

It's so f*cking bad in there normally right now adding more will make it an utter circus, so far this season we had

phone lights like an ariana grande concert
the koulo toure/yaya toure song
pompey get battered every five minutes
block 1/2 singing three different speeds of Oh When The Saints at the same time
our own fans not being able to sing Tino LIvramento to the tune of come on eileen
EVEN MORE players being sung to Seven Nation Army
general noddy behaviour like backboards being hit like there's an epileptic staring at a strobe

and god knows what else too.

Its absolutely shocking in the Itchen North, and even makes the Northam look an attractive choice
Did i miss something tonight....... on 13:36 - Jan 12 with 2503 viewsPatfromPoole

Did i miss something tonight....... on 13:27 - Jan 12 by franniesTache

It's so f*cking bad in there normally right now adding more will make it an utter circus, so far this season we had

phone lights like an ariana grande concert
the koulo toure/yaya toure song
pompey get battered every five minutes
block 1/2 singing three different speeds of Oh When The Saints at the same time
our own fans not being able to sing Tino LIvramento to the tune of come on eileen
EVEN MORE players being sung to Seven Nation Army
general noddy behaviour like backboards being hit like there's an epileptic staring at a strobe

and god knows what else too.

Its absolutely shocking in the Itchen North, and even makes the Northam look an attractive choice

I have no idea why the back boards are now getting a caning in the Itchen North.

I do recall this happening in the Northam some years back; maybe it has migrated across from there….

I still have no idea what triggered the phone lights (across all 4 stands BTW). A couple of people have said Sam McQueen, but I presumed that was a wind-up.

Did i miss something tonight....... on 13:38 - Jan 12 with 2502 viewssaintwizzler

Stand up if you love the saints

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Did i miss something tonight....... on 13:44 - Jan 12 with 2492 viewsdirk_doone

Did i miss something tonight....... on 13:36 - Jan 12 by PatfromPoole

I have no idea why the back boards are now getting a caning in the Itchen North.

I do recall this happening in the Northam some years back; maybe it has migrated across from there….

I still have no idea what triggered the phone lights (across all 4 stands BTW). A couple of people have said Sam McQueen, but I presumed that was a wind-up.

I could still hear the ones in the Northam being battered as I was walking towards the footbridge after the game.

Did i miss something tonight....... on 13:45 - Jan 12 with 2484 viewsfranniesTache

There's been a mass migration from the Northam to the Itchen North this season, it's made the place beyond sh*t, shame really as it was belting for a bit, but it's becoming unbearable now
Did i miss something tonight....... on 14:03 - Jan 12 with 2454 viewsTimSaint

The phone lights didn't come on straight after the Sam McQueen tribute song, so I doubt they were for him.

I heard a few mutterings on the way back to town after the game, that it was done as a welcome message to the new owners. But it could equally have been a show of relief, because we actually won a home game for the first time in over 2 months and scored four at home for the first time in over 4 years !!

TimSaint

Did i miss something tonight....... on 14:13 - Jan 12 with 2424 viewsBerber

Did i miss something tonight....... on 12:19 - Jan 12 by franniesTache

The point never was for the Itchen North to be the focus of the singing in the ground that was, and always should be, the job of the Norham.

The Northam has numbers and should be leading the ground, much like the Archers/Milton did at the Dell, the Itchen North was always more akin to under the east, older lads who wanted their own thing, a bit more class, a bit more style, a bit more refinement even.

What's happened though is the same noddy nippers who used to stand in the Northam have moved over, completely missed the point and utterly ruined the culture of the stand.

So instead of having two places with two different cultures, we have the Northam and the Northam lite.

Fair point, every ground has its "footy culture" section, that was even more prevalent in days gone by where you could move around more easily to find somewhere to suit. At half time in the Spurs match, a couple of "older" gents were wandering around trying the views from different places. They have been in Kingsland North since moving in, but their eyesight isn't so hot any more. If you have a season ticket, it's a bit of a faff to get around to try different areas of the ground. I'll keep Itchen North as a possibility should I think about changing, for the time being, I am happy to be a recipient of the noise.
Did i miss something tonight....... on 15:37 - Jan 12 with 2355 viewsfranniesTache

Did i miss something tonight....... on 14:13 - Jan 12 by Berber

Fair point, every ground has its "footy culture" section, that was even more prevalent in days gone by where you could move around more easily to find somewhere to suit. At half time in the Spurs match, a couple of "older" gents were wandering around trying the views from different places. They have been in Kingsland North since moving in, but their eyesight isn't so hot any more. If you have a season ticket, it's a bit of a faff to get around to try different areas of the ground. I'll keep Itchen North as a possibility should I think about changing, for the time being, I am happy to be a recipient of the noise.

I always lament the fact that one thing we've lost from the dell to st marys is how people "graduated" around the ground.

When i was growing up it was nippers started on "the roof" of the milton, then down to the front of the milton, by the time you were a teenager you'd make your way up the back (under the roof).

Then the next move would depend on who you were, either you'd go under the east/by the tap, to the archers or the west stand casuals.

Now everywhere is the same and you dont graduate you just buy tickets and you dont really have to earn the respect to stand in certain sections like you used to.

I mean i can remember being told to shut the f*ck up and not sing embarrassing crap by the older lads in the milton/archers, and it wouldn't be out of the question you'd get a slap if you acted the prick
Did i miss something tonight....... on 15:44 - Jan 12 with 2344 viewsPaleRider

The world is changing - not necessarily for the best. There is a lo to be embarrassed about but at least people are singing and supporting the team - would you rather have a morgue like atmosphere? I think yesterday was about relief and optimism so I'm inclined to be generous!

Kingsland North sounds interesting. I would love it if there was a place for older but still vocal supporters to go. I've said it before but I miss the humour!
Did i miss something tonight....... on 16:03 - Jan 12 with 2318 viewsfranniesTache

Did i miss something tonight....... on 15:44 - Jan 12 by PaleRider

The world is changing - not necessarily for the best. There is a lo to be embarrassed about but at least people are singing and supporting the team - would you rather have a morgue like atmosphere? I think yesterday was about relief and optimism so I'm inclined to be generous!

Kingsland North sounds interesting. I would love it if there was a place for older but still vocal supporters to go. I've said it before but I miss the humour!

I don't want there to not be an atmosphere, i'd just personally prefer it if the Northam catered for one lot, Itchen North another and Kinglsand north another.

Probably like most here i'm older and i just get bored of the soccer am "banter", pantomime "come on" at the away fans (behind the police) and sh*t songs.

Nothing against nippers doing that if that's their thing but i just don't really want any part of it.

That's why the Itchen North was great for a season or two, it was different and more like what most on here had growing up.
Did i miss something tonight....... on 16:08 - Jan 12 with 2310 viewsPaleRider

Did i miss something tonight....... on 16:03 - Jan 12 by franniesTache

I don't want there to not be an atmosphere, i'd just personally prefer it if the Northam catered for one lot, Itchen North another and Kinglsand north another.

Probably like most here i'm older and i just get bored of the soccer am "banter", pantomime "come on" at the away fans (behind the police) and sh*t songs.

Nothing against nippers doing that if that's their thing but i just don't really want any part of it.

That's why the Itchen North was great for a season or two, it was different and more like what most on here had growing up.

FT - fair point. As I said, I would love to have an area that is almost the "anti-family" stand where men can act like men and just have a good afternoon out. I am not a season ticket holder so might try Kingsland North next time. The last time I was in Kingsland I got told to stop abusing the linesman by a guy who left at half time! Do you recommend a particular block?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024