Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR for Liverpool 15:49 - Jan 23 with 967 viewsBicester_North

Ridiculous that once the ref is called to the monitor it is ALWAYS given

Jota lost control of the ball and swerved towards the Palace keeper then went down. Eventually given as a penalty.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

VAR for Liverpool on 15:51 - Jan 23 with 960 viewsHeisenberg

Kevin Friend has previous with Liverpool. It was never a penalty.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

VAR for Liverpool on 15:53 - Jan 23 with 955 viewsBicester_North

VAR for Liverpool on 15:51 - Jan 23 by Heisenberg

If everybody else can see it wasn’t a foul why can’t the supposed professionals? Scandalous

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

VAR for Liverpool on 20:23 - Jan 23 with 849 viewsdwayne_dibley

VAR for Liverpool on 15:53 - Jan 23 by Bicester_North

If everybody else can see it wasn’t a foul why can’t the supposed professionals? Scandalous

££££££

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

VAR for Liverpool on 23:15 - Jan 23 with 762 viewsElijahK

You don’t have to be a level 6 FA official, knowing all 17 laws of the game to see that that’s a pathetic decision and never a pen! I mean I’ve just seen it in MOTD and Jota was the one who ran into the keeper (not the keeper going into Jota) as well as the fact that he’d lost control of the ball and wasn’t even in possession/playing distance when this happens.
Also they messed up with Chamberlyn’s goal as Firminho was offside and attempted to play the ball!

Sheesh VAR really should just be for the BLACK AND WHITE scenarios (aka offsides, mistaken identity, whether it’s inside or outside the box etc) as they make these abysmal mistakes as much before VAR as they have afterwards! Really would love to see the stats showing how many incorrect decisions do go in the favour of the “top 6” as they do always somehow seem to get them almost always in their favour.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2022 23:17]

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

VAR for Liverpool on 23:41 - Jan 23 with 741 viewsElijahK

VAR for Liverpool on 20:23 - Jan 23 by dwayne_dibley

££££££

I dunno about that, but I do think that the FA may be telling the refs things that they shouldn’t be, regarding VAR, like “if VAR is telling you to review/change a decision then you must or you won’t get a game next week” or such as they never keep with their original decisions and always overrule them, which does make me wonder if there’s more to it

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

VAR for Liverpool on 07:26 - Jan 24 with 658 viewsPaleRider

VAR for Liverpool on 20:23 - Jan 23 by dwayne_dibley

££££££

Why is everyone so blind to the obvious vein of corruption that is running through the game?
VAR for Liverpool on 09:00 - Jan 24 with 608 viewssaintwizzler

Swings and roundabouts.
We had 2 VAR decisions go in our favour which could quite easily have gone the other way on Saturday night.

Accept it, it’s not going to change.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

VAR for Liverpool on 09:15 - Jan 24 with 598 viewssaint22

VAR for Liverpool on 15:51 - Jan 23 by Heisenberg

Its all down to the officials, VAR is there to help them but they are beyond that, most of them

Also any decision that needs scrutinising endlessly for 3 minutes is clearly too close to call so isn't clear and obvious

Its a shambles, funny how it worked so well in the euros
Login to get fewer ads

VAR for Liverpool on 10:09 - Jan 24 with 552 viewsSadoldgit

If football is corrupt and VAR is bent why didn't City get a penalty and why wasn’t Stuey sent off? Yes, poor decisions have been made and I expect there is a level of unconscious bias, but systematic corruption, I don’t think so.
VAR for Liverpool on 10:40 - Jan 24 with 540 viewsDorsetIan

VAR for Liverpool on 09:15 - Jan 24 by saint22

Its all down to the officials, VAR is there to help them but they are beyond that, most of them

Also any decision that needs scrutinising endlessly for 3 minutes is clearly too close to call so isn't clear and obvious

Its a shambles, funny how it worked so well in the euros

I believe that the VAR system is fundamentally flawed. They are allowed to spend too long looking through their microscopes when the howlers it was meant to stop should be obvious within 30 seconds.

But even if it isn't flawed, if we don't have refs in this country who can operate it - which seems to be the case - then we should stop using it.

Either way it should be paused, as it's ruining the game.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

VAR for Liverpool on 10:49 - Jan 24 with 538 viewsPaleRider

VAR for Liverpool on 10:09 - Jan 24 by Sadoldgit

If football is corrupt and VAR is bent why didn't City get a penalty and why wasn’t Stuey sent off? Yes, poor decisions have been made and I expect there is a level of unconscious bias, but systematic corruption, I don’t think so.

The level of bias - conscious or unconscious - is so high that it should have been addressed some time ago. The fact that it hasn't addressed been suggests a conscious, deliberate unwillingness to do so (particularly as we now have the too to correct this in real time - VAR). Corruption is as much about not eliminating clear bias as about money changing hands. Ergo - there is systematic corruption that is exacerbated by media bias. perhaps, if you don't believe there is corruption, you could explain why the bias has not been removed in PL refereeing, when it is less prevalent in other sports and at the World Cup, Euros etc.?
VAR for Liverpool on 11:46 - Jan 24 with 505 viewsBuenosSaint

VAR for Liverpool on 09:00 - Jan 24 by saintwizzler

Swings and roundabouts.
We had 2 VAR decisions go in our favour which could quite easily have gone the other way on Saturday night.

Accept it, it’s not going to change.

I guessed var decisions would go saints way. The way I see it is that the premier League is a money making machine and they don't want the title to end weeks early. The same reason Liverpool got decisions and Rashford s goal hardly got a review. Decisions will probably go Chelsea way too. Anything to keep the top 4 in it to the end. Call me cynical......

Poll: The Long Future

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024