Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wow what a mess 17:31 - Feb 3 with 1826 viewssaint68

£37 Billion spunked on the farcical and hyper extortionate track and trace nonsense and a country dropped into an energy crisis..what an absolute crock of bullshyte..glad I'm not there...if anyone thinks that non of this is not joined up then think again...you've had liberty put on hold..you've had mass hysteria from the media and now you have hyper inflation..its all been stated before that this is part of a predetermined strategy...but maybe that's still bullshit?

The wind still blows, the sun still shines and these apparently are the renewable energy sources the UK championsand are proud of.and obviously Nuclear power stations dont see vast swings in prices as they are inherently free of commodity inflation.fuel is up globally (pure greed and profiteering) but not to the extent you're being ripped off for...so you've been drained emotionally for 2yrs and now drained of your hard earned money...£37 Billion to develop an app!!! Yeh right.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Wow what a mess on 12:03 - Feb 4 with 1641 viewssaint901

I'm not a fan of BJ and his little clique led by Mrs BJ who now seem to be the only ones left in Downing St but I am a fan of facts.

Track and trace was expensive and certainly it had problems and created frustrations. It's also a major contributor to being able to come out of restrictions earlier than many places.

"Liberty put on hold" is a very selfish way of viewing the past two years. We have bought our present situation at the expense of 150,000 and counting, deaths. I suspect most of us here know somebody who died. If we had allowed unrestricted "freedoms", how many more might have died? The "natural immunity" idea is great until it's your spouse, your child, your parent who is dying to give the rest of us immunity.

Hyper inflation? Predicted to be 7.25% later this year. Hyper inflation is usually triple figures and the cost of a loaf doubling between breakfast and dinner.

Media hysteria and then using words like "hyper"? The blessing and curse of the internet is that news and facts are there for those who want them. Many people read many sources and made a judgement based on that. Nobody believes 100% what any paper or TV channel or conspiracy website says.

Wind and solar power are a long way and several billions of pounds away from being a consistent and reliable means of power. Nuclear power stations take a decade to be built. By all means blame previous Gov'ts for a lack of investment. The only way to fund the billions needed for a nuclear facility is by promising a certain minimum value for output. So nuclear is very much dependent upon the price paid by the consumer.

Gas/oil is a geopolitical tool. Resource is withheld or the market is flooded for political advantage and for the moment at least supply is not the trouble and demand is seen as a means to invade Ukraine, bribe the Olympic Committee/FIFA, allow billionaires to come to the UK, no questions asked.

I've not got time to check whether the £37bn is for an app. Link to some proof?
Wow what a mess on 13:45 - Feb 4 with 1602 viewsPaleRider

Wow what a mess on 12:03 - Feb 4 by saint901

I'm not a fan of BJ and his little clique led by Mrs BJ who now seem to be the only ones left in Downing St but I am a fan of facts.

Track and trace was expensive and certainly it had problems and created frustrations. It's also a major contributor to being able to come out of restrictions earlier than many places.

"Liberty put on hold" is a very selfish way of viewing the past two years. We have bought our present situation at the expense of 150,000 and counting, deaths. I suspect most of us here know somebody who died. If we had allowed unrestricted "freedoms", how many more might have died? The "natural immunity" idea is great until it's your spouse, your child, your parent who is dying to give the rest of us immunity.

Hyper inflation? Predicted to be 7.25% later this year. Hyper inflation is usually triple figures and the cost of a loaf doubling between breakfast and dinner.

Media hysteria and then using words like "hyper"? The blessing and curse of the internet is that news and facts are there for those who want them. Many people read many sources and made a judgement based on that. Nobody believes 100% what any paper or TV channel or conspiracy website says.

Wind and solar power are a long way and several billions of pounds away from being a consistent and reliable means of power. Nuclear power stations take a decade to be built. By all means blame previous Gov'ts for a lack of investment. The only way to fund the billions needed for a nuclear facility is by promising a certain minimum value for output. So nuclear is very much dependent upon the price paid by the consumer.

Gas/oil is a geopolitical tool. Resource is withheld or the market is flooded for political advantage and for the moment at least supply is not the trouble and demand is seen as a means to invade Ukraine, bribe the Olympic Committee/FIFA, allow billionaires to come to the UK, no questions asked.

901 - I agree with much of your analysis. However:

I'm still not convinced about track and trace being worth the money, particularly when coupled with inefficient PPE spend. The government need to be closely examined on this front.

You're bang on about hyper inflation. The UK has never had hyper-inflation. I've worked with people from Turkey, Russia, Africa and South America - they have had inflation in the 100's of % - that is hyper-inflation! However, inflation as we have it disproportionately impacts the poor. In the inflation/taxation discussion many people (not you!) seem unable to distinguish between earned/un-earned income or direct/indirect taxation. As a result a lot of taxation is inequitable. Also how on earth is it right that people with full time jobs have to claim benefits? (Another discussion!)

"Nobody believes 100% what any paper or TV channel or conspiracy website says." Unfortunately this isn't true - too many people do only believe the news that supports their personal bias.
Wow what a mess on 18:40 - Feb 4 with 1547 viewskernow

Get Brexit done.
Take back control.
How dare you!
Wow what a mess on 19:21 - Feb 4 with 1532 viewssaint68

7.25 %..if you see that figure as valid then you're in cloud cuckoo land...your post reads like a Boris Johnson daydream..

Fast approaching £50 Billion spunked on PPE and track and trace..there is no defence for that..its imbecilic to even try and garner any value out of it..its farcical!!

Let's put it this way..there was a game played by children and adults also about 5/7yrs ago ..it was developed by a Japanese company and cost in the region of £15000 to develop apparently..ypu walked around streets in your neighbourhood wherever that be on the globe and found emojis or something similar ..its a proximity app that reacted within 1M of the player...so £37 billion for a pathetic and vastly inferior version is nothing less than pathetisicm of the highest order.

Hyper inflation...there are currently goods and services running at +100%..so maybe do a little research before making an idle misinformed dismissal mate.

Wow what a mess on 09:35 - Feb 6 with 1393 viewssaint901

"currently goods and services running at 100+%"

Proof? Link?
Wow what a mess on 11:57 - Feb 6 with 1356 viewssaint68

Wow what a mess on 09:35 - Feb 6 by saint901

"currently goods and services running at 100+%"

Proof? Link?

Container shipping a whopping 350%

Fuel gas and electricity 50% and rising

Average household shops 30% and rising

Nowhere near the 7.25% quoted... 37 days in to 2022 ...pretty bleak.

Wow what a mess on 09:00 - Feb 8 with 1263 viewssaint901

Inflation is a measure based on a basket of economic activity.

If the cost of moving containers has risen "350%" (proof? link?) then this will feed into the overall measure sooner or later but it does not mean that everything will go up by that much.

The same with the other items mentioned (proof? link?)

Quoting one or three or five measures in a calculation that contains thousands is hardly conclusive proof of anything.

I'm not suggesting that the BoE forecast is entirely correct, but I do know something about the methodology that goes into it and can say with some certainty that it's the most refined and accurate measure we're likely to get.
Wow what a mess on 09:27 - Feb 8 with 1259 viewssaints__fan__73

Ah, another govt bashing thread. Haven't had one of those for minutes.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Login to get fewer ads

Wow what a mess on 15:59 - Feb 17 with 1066 viewsBerber

5% - 7% is hyperinflation? Methinks you are trying to get a rise.
Wow what a mess on 17:45 - Feb 17 with 1004 viewsDorsetIan

It's all the Brexit gaslighting that gets me. Stupidest of the stupid MP for Dover today celebrating the 'Brexit dividend' of all the new employees at the port.

They're public servants dealing with the increased paperwork not on increased trade. It's an obvious additional cost to the taxpayer that's being spun as a benefit.

Just a tiny bit of honesty would be welcome. About pretty much anything.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Wow what a mess on 18:13 - Feb 17 with 990 viewsSadoldgit

Wow what a mess on 09:27 - Feb 8 by saints__fan__73

Ah, another govt bashing thread. Haven't had one of those for minutes.

Perhaps if the Government stopped being so dishonest and incompetent there would be no need to bash them? Sadly barely a day goes by without one or other of them displaying a complete lack of aptitude in their particular job.
Wow what a mess on 18:33 - Feb 17 with 977 viewsJaySaint

Wow what a mess on 18:13 - Feb 17 by Sadoldgit

Perhaps if the Government stopped being so dishonest and incompetent there would be no need to bash them? Sadly barely a day goes by without one or other of them displaying a complete lack of aptitude in their particular job.

What are you thoughts on Angela Raynor's comments on potential terrorists?

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Wow what a mess on 20:42 - Feb 17 with 934 viewsElijahK

Well we need lift all the restrictions, as if we don’t, then how long will it be until we get on with our lives again? As this new variant, isn’t actually that dangerous, and if your vaccinated, then your extremely unlikely to be majorly effected by it, let alone dying.
As the amount of people that have unfortunately passed away isn’t the most reliable ether, as people were put down as dying from covid, even though they clearly didn’t (as the rule was that if you died within like 28 days of having covid then that was put down as killing you, even if you’d actually died from falling down the stairs, car crash, cancer, heart attack etc).
But if we don’t lift these restrictions, then we’ll never be getting back to the normal life’s that we all had before covid came along
[Post edited 18 Feb 2022 10:35]

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Wow what a mess on 20:53 - Feb 17 with 930 viewsSouthSeaSaint

If anyone thinks inflation at 7% is the end of the world, I would like to introduce you to life in the early 1970's when it reached 25% and we were getting monthly pay rises.
Before this we also had to put up with the 3 day week (due to Trade Union disputes) when I was living in a house without power or light most of the time and we used to huddle round a half pint of beer in the local pub to keep warm.
AND we had to stand in the open at The Dell in all weathers during our annual fight against relegations.
You youngsters dont know how lucky you are although I have to say the young ladies of the time were well dressed, polite and very few were overweight, tattooed botox loving munters that I see around today. No offence, of course.
We were lucky!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024