Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton 2 Everton 0 11:22 - Feb 20 with 2597 viewsBerber

I thoroughly enjoyed the game at St Mary's and all during the game felt that it was a closely fought contest. Watching back the 60 minute version on Sky this morning showed just how superior we were.

It looked to me like Everton were nearly always off the pace, second to 50-50 balls and a bit too slow when they got to our penalty area. I'd say that as well as we played, we were made to look a lot better. The Everton defence and midfield seemed to be disorganised and demotivated. Richarlson, Calvert-Lewin and Iwobi were about the only ones apart from Pickford who were really on it. Sadly for them, they didn't get the service they deserved.

I was surprised to see that Coleman was captain. He was virtually anonymous for most of the game, and I never saw him once urging his side on, so no leadership at all. Their defence was shambolic. They usually come and give us a pretty hard time, and it is usually Richarlson that hurts us.

None of this takes away from a good showing by us of course, we didn't allow them to get into the game, and I am still buzzing from a full 90 minute performance from the lads.
Southampton 2 Everton 0 on 11:31 - Feb 20 with 2568 viewsBicester_North

When you say they usually come and give us a hard time, they’ve only done that 2 or 3 times since we came back up, our recent record v them at home is very good with some comfortable wins.

Goodison, completely different story but that’s been the way for them all season

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Southampton 2 Everton 0 on 13:49 - Feb 20 with 2476 viewssolent_toffee

I’ve just said to Wints, if Everton had half the character and personality of Saints, they’d be laughing. The ability is there, the resilience, application, determination, leadership etc is missing and has been all season.

You’re spot on about Coleman too, shouldn’t be in the team or captain, as lovely a fella as he is. Everton are crying out for a proper leader.

Both Allan and his replacement Gomes were poor and ill disciplined all match.

I have faith that Lampard and his team will get it right, but there is a ton of work to be done.
Southampton 2 Everton 0 on 14:59 - Feb 20 with 2397 viewsHeisenberg

Richarlison should spend less time rolling around, throwing himself about and moaning at the ref. The other thing is Pickford. No doubt a great shot stopper but yet again he was hoofing the ball the length of the pitch only to give the ball away and for it to come back. He does it for England all the time. They will be fine but Lampard is an unproven risk.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Southampton 2 Everton 0 on 16:04 - Feb 20 with 2331 viewsSoton

Southampton 2 Everton 0 on 13:49 - Feb 20 by solent_toffee

I’ve just said to Wints, if Everton had half the character and personality of Saints, they’d be laughing. The ability is there, the resilience, application, determination, leadership etc is missing and has been all season.

You’re spot on about Coleman too, shouldn’t be in the team or captain, as lovely a fella as he is. Everton are crying out for a proper leader.

I have faith that Lampard and his team will get it right, but there is a ton of work to be done.

Your immediate problem now will be your next couple of fixtures, if you can pull something out of the bag against Man City and Spurs not so bad but no points from them and you could be in the bottom three, plus Wolves could be a nervous game for you by then
That said this time in the season is never straight forward with the way results can go
Southampton 2 Everton 0 on 16:12 - Feb 20 with 2319 viewsSouthSeaSaint

Southampton 2 Everton 0 on 13:49 - Feb 20 by solent_toffee

It was interesting to see that Coleman came over to remonstrate with the Ref when Adams was clobbered in the second half (and had to leave the pitch temporarily)
I guess he had read the Athletic report that we take an 'injury' break in the 2nd half of games.
btw as much as I enjoyed Saints domineering performance, I dont think Everton will go down but they may rue the fact that Hans Segars has retired if it comes to a crunch match end of season!!
Southampton 2 Everton 0 on 20:56 - Feb 20 with 2121 viewskingslandstand1

Southampton 2 Everton 0 on 16:04 - Feb 20 by Soton

Your immediate problem now will be your next couple of fixtures, if you can pull something out of the bag against Man City and Spurs not so bad but no points from them and you could be in the bottom three, plus Wolves could be a nervous game for you by then
That said this time in the season is never straight forward with the way results can go

And the good news for Toffee is???
Southampton 2 Everton 0 on 21:45 - Feb 20 with 2073 viewsgrumpy

Southampton 2 Everton 0 on 20:56 - Feb 20 by kingslandstand1

And the good news for Toffee is???

Their new ground looks impressive.
Southampton 2 Everton 0 on 08:37 - Feb 21 with 1910 viewssolent_toffee

Southampton 2 Everton 0 on 21:45 - Feb 20 by grumpy

Their new ground looks impressive.

Haha it does indeed!

If the 15 or so games left, most of them are at home and this is where I hope they will pick up the points needed to stay up. Zero guarantee of that though.

A couple of players are coming back from injury this week in Doucoure and Demari Gray which should boulster the squad.

I cant wait for the season to finish to be honest.
Login to get fewer ads

Southampton 2 Everton 0 on 09:33 - Feb 21 with 1859 viewsChesham_Saint

Southampton 2 Everton 0 on 08:37 - Feb 21 by solent_toffee

Haha it does indeed!

If the 15 or so games left, most of them are at home and this is where I hope they will pick up the points needed to stay up. Zero guarantee of that though.

A couple of players are coming back from injury this week in Doucoure and Demari Gray which should boulster the squad.

Meanwhile Toffs, nearly 48 hours later and I'm still enjoying the glow of comprehensively beating one our historic bogey teams (1984 and all that!)...

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Southampton 2 Everton 0 on 09:33 - Feb 21 with 1859 viewsdirk_doone

Southampton 2 Everton 0 on 08:37 - Feb 21 by solent_toffee

Haha it does indeed!

"I cant wait for the season to finish to be honest."

I see you've recycled your past from last season. Could this become an annual event?

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Southampton 2 Everton 0 on 09:59 - Feb 21 with 1837 viewssolent_toffee

Southampton 2 Everton 0 on 09:33 - Feb 21 by dirk_doone

"I cant wait for the season to finish to be honest."

I see you've recycled your past from last season. Could this become an annual event?

Haha, quite possibly.

Even if Everton were doing okay, I’d be struggling to retain my enthusiasm to be honest. I have a season ticket and try to arrange family visits/see mates back home around the games, but they constantly get changed and plans get thrown out of the window.

Everton have had 4 3pm Saturday kick offs this season. The next home I can go to has now been moved from a Saturday to a Sunday to support the ridiculous Covid postponements, the Newcastle game has switched to a Thursday. It becomes a massive chore after a while.

Between October and April, Everton would have 1 3pm Saturday kick off. Shocking really.
Southampton 2 Everton 0 on 13:16 - Feb 21 with 1772 viewsPaleRider

Southampton 2 Everton 0 on 09:59 - Feb 21 by solent_toffee

Haha, quite possibly.

Even if Everton were doing okay, I’d be struggling to retain my enthusiasm to be honest. I have a season ticket and try to arrange family visits/see mates back home around the games, but they constantly get changed and plans get thrown out of the window.

Everton have had 4 3pm Saturday kick offs this season. The next home I can go to has now been moved from a Saturday to a Sunday to support the ridiculous Covid postponements, the Newcastle game has switched to a Thursday. It becomes a massive chore after a while.

Between October and April, Everton would have 1 3pm Saturday kick off. Shocking really.

Toffs - I share your pain! The PL gives not one toss about genuine, loyal fans like you. The only thing that will change this is a European Super League, which in my view would morph into a global league with a franchise system. Sad but true!
Southampton 2 Everton 0 on 17:24 - Feb 21 with 1681 viewsBerber

Southampton 2 Everton 0 on 09:59 - Feb 21 by solent_toffee

Haha, quite possibly.

Ironically, it is the "travelling" loyal fans that get hit hardest by both home and away matches being shifted between days/times. Long distance ST holders have an almost impossible time trying to make the most of them, apart from the horrendous travel costs and time given up.
Southampton 2 Everton 0 on 19:23 - Feb 21 with 1623 viewsUmPahars

Solent single handedly attempted to dispel my dislike of Everton, but as much of a great lad he is, he failed!!!

From John Bailey to Adrian Heath to Richarlison, they’re still my number one hated team (Portsmuff don’t really count again, given the gulf between us and the irregularity of playing them!!).

Which is why I’m still beaming from Saturday.

Sorry Solent 🥰
Southampton 2 Everton 0 on 07:20 - Feb 22 with 1556 viewssolent_toffee

Southampton 2 Everton 0 on 17:24 - Feb 21 by Berber

Ironically, it is the "travelling" loyal fans that get hit hardest by both home and away matches being shifted between days/times. Long distance ST holders have an almost impossible time trying to make the most of them, apart from the horrendous travel costs and time given up.

It seems to be getting worse now. The short turnaround in changing the dates of these games means you can’t make any plans and you end up missing a load of games. As you say, Sky and the PL couldn’t care less - they aren’t marketed towards mugs like us, they are after the telly clappers and the foreign market.

Nice to see the big six get a massive pass this season after their failed coup last season too, as though it never happened.
Southampton 2 Everton 0 on 07:22 - Feb 22 with 1555 viewssolent_toffee

Southampton 2 Everton 0 on 19:23 - Feb 21 by UmPahars

Solent single handedly attempted to dispel my dislike of Everton, but as much of a great lad he is, he failed!!!

From John Bailey to Adrian Heath to Richarlison, they’re still my number one hated team (Portsmuff don’t really count again, given the gulf between us and the irregularity of playing them!!).

Which is why I’m still beaming from Saturday.

Sorry Solent 🥰

Haha, alright mate - long time no see.

I’d have thought our beloved neighbours would have replaced Adrian Heath over the years for your vitriol after the tapping up of your players and generally underhanded tactics against Saints?
Southampton 2 Everton 0 on 09:38 - Feb 22 with 1506 viewsUmPahars

Southampton 2 Everton 0 on 07:22 - Feb 22 by solent_toffee

Haha, alright mate - long time no see.

I’d have thought our beloved neighbours would have replaced Adrian Heath over the years for your vitriol after the tapping up of your players and generally underhanded tactics against Saints?

A very, very, very close second, that’s for sure.

I’ve mellowed on United, never had a problem with City, deference to almost everyone else, but the Blue and then Red of Liverpool are right up there.

Can’t even bring myself to visit the City and if Brookside was still on, then I’d be boycotting that too (unless Heather Haversham was more of a regular!).
[Post edited 22 Feb 2022 9:39]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024