Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FIFA Ukraine 20:32 - Feb 27 with 1728 viewsHeisenberg

So FIFAs response is to say Russia can still play in competitions under a different name and will not have their national anthem played. An absolute insult to the people of Ukraine and another reason to boycott the World Cup. FIFA are a disgrace.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

FIFA Ukraine on 20:34 - Feb 27 with 1715 viewsBison

The Poles have told them to F-Off .

Totally agree , no way in the world now will another country play a team with Russian players in it. FIFA have made a huge howler.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

FIFA Ukraine on 20:35 - Feb 27 with 1710 viewsA1079

Typical fudged FIFA response and completely out of touch with the reality and the sentiment of the majority of the people of the world.

Anyway, I like Poland's instant response and statement - you can call them what they like and give what label you like, we still aren't going to play them and they are still Russia. Those are not the words of course but I think that is the flavour of their response. I hope we do the same.
FIFA Ukraine on 20:39 - Feb 27 with 1701 viewsSaintsforeverj

The Russian football team and all sports teams must be thrown out of all competitions. It's not the fault of the Russian players, but that's not the point. They should take it up with their president. Russia must suffer so much, that their people, sports teams whoever, rise up against Putin. Fifa are a disgrace. Well done Poland for refusing to play them. I hope every other nation does the same.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

FIFA Ukraine on 20:47 - Feb 27 with 1664 viewsSaintsforeverj

FIFA Ukraine on 20:35 - Feb 27 by A1079

Typical fudged FIFA response and completely out of touch with the reality and the sentiment of the majority of the people of the world.

Anyway, I like Poland's instant response and statement - you can call them what they like and give what label you like, we still aren't going to play them and they are still Russia. Those are not the words of course but I think that is the flavour of their response. I hope we do the same.

Out of touch is the right phrase. The outrage at this decision is across social media. I'm pretty sure every nation will refuse to play Russia, so FiFA will have a world cup with only one team in it.

FIFA Ukraine on 20:59 - Feb 27 with 1641 viewspjt50

Also stinks that Infantino won't return the Order of Friendship medal that Putin gave him. I'd hoped things might have improved after the Blatter era, but obviously not.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

FIFA Ukraine on 21:03 - Feb 27 with 1624 viewsSalisburySaint

FIFA Ukraine on 20:59 - Feb 27 by pjt50

Also stinks that Infantino won't return the Order of Friendship medal that Putin gave him. I'd hoped things might have improved after the Blatter era, but obviously not.

Absolute joke from FIFA, Russia should not be allowed to play any sport.

Still if everyone refuses to play them, the Finals in Qatar will be only involving Russia which would be great as they shouldn’t be there in the first place
FIFA Ukraine on 21:04 - Feb 27 with 1623 viewsSaintsforeverj

And to think that Russia was allowed to host a world cup 4 years ago and the Olympics wasn't it? What idiots we have making decisions across the world. They couldn't see what Putin is.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2022 21:05]

FIFA Ukraine on 22:30 - Feb 27 with 1508 viewsElijahK

In all fairness, FIFA have also said that this is only gonna happen if the situation in Ukraine improves, as they’ve basically said that if they don’t, then they’ll be getting kicked out of all competitions. So as long as they do keep to this, then in all fairness I do think they’ve done the right things.

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Login to get fewer ads

FIFA Ukraine on 23:14 - Feb 27 with 1462 viewspjt50

FIFA Ukraine on 22:30 - Feb 27 by ElijahK

In all fairness, FIFA have also said that this is only gonna happen if the situation in Ukraine improves, as they’ve basically said that if they don’t, then they’ll be getting kicked out of all competitions. So as long as they do keep to this, then in all fairness I do think they’ve done the right things.

That's not exactly what their media release says. These are “...immediate first measures...that will be applicable until further notice“, and there may be a potential exclusion if the situation doesn't improve.

Surely Russia's done more than enough to be excluded already. It's not as though the threat of further measures by FIFA is going to somehow contribute to a change of heart by Putin.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

FIFA Ukraine on 23:25 - Feb 27 with 1449 viewsElijahK

FIFA Ukraine on 23:14 - Feb 27 by pjt50

That's not exactly what their media release says. These are “...immediate first measures...that will be applicable until further notice“, and there may be a potential exclusion if the situation doesn't improve.

Surely Russia's done more than enough to be excluded already. It's not as though the threat of further measures by FIFA is going to somehow contribute to a change of heart by Putin.

Well as long as us, Poland, czech republic and Switzerland keep to what we’ve said, and Russia don’t change what they’re doing (which is almost certainly not gonna happen), then they’ll have no real choice but to do so.

FIFA Ukraine on 23:30 - Feb 27 with 1444 viewsSadoldgit

It’s good that various countries are coming out and saying that they won’t play Russia but they shouldn’t have to. What more does Putin need to do before FIFA think things are bad enough to kick them out, launch his nukes?
FIFA Ukraine on 16:19 - Feb 28 with 1253 viewsElijahK

Seems like things might actually get done for once!

https://news.sky.com/story/fifa-in-advanced-talks-to-suspend-russian-national-si

FIFA Ukraine on 17:58 - Feb 28 with 1226 viewsElijahK

FIFA Ukraine on 16:19 - Feb 28 by ElijahK

Seems like things might actually get done for once!

https://news.sky.com/story/fifa-in-advanced-talks-to-suspend-russian-national-si

Just confirmed that they’re not gonna be in the World Cup or such, and that all clubs are removed for any international contests! Well at least they did it in the end!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024