Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Perraud 23:54 - Mar 2 with 1137 viewsSaintsforeverj

What a player he is. Wasn't he bought for less than 10 million? That was one hell of a strike for a defender. Didn't realise how far out it was, until I saw it again.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Perraud on 00:00 - Mar 3 with 1122 viewsBison

How bizarre we have 2 top quality LB's and 2 top quality RB's yet only 3 players !

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Perraud on 10:35 - Mar 7 with 823 viewsSaintNick

I have to say that although he is a decent enough player, KWP is still better

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Perraud on 10:37 - Mar 7 with 809 viewssaints__fan__73

Perraud on 10:35 - Mar 7 by SaintNick

Odd to compare them as they play in different positions.

Perraud is a better LB but KWP is not a LB.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Perraud on 11:28 - Mar 7 with 768 viewsDorsetIan

Perraud on 10:35 - Mar 7 by SaintNick

I agree with this. KWP is the best of our three full backs and if fit he should be playing in one or other position.

At the beginning of the season I was worried that it was another case of 'square pegs, round holes' when Ralph played him on the left, but I think he's proved that he can play on both sides at a very high level (and better than both Livramento and Perraud in each position).

His composure on the ball is something else.

How well did Perraud play against Villa?

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Perraud on 11:32 - Mar 7 with 760 viewsSaintNick

Perraud on 10:37 - Mar 7 by saints__fan__73

Odd to compare them as they play in different positions.

Perraud is a better LB but KWP is not a LB.

Its not odd as KWP has played mostly as a left back this season, personally I think he is a better left back than Perraud, there is little to choose between Livramento & KWP

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Perraud on 11:56 - Mar 7 with 730 viewsTimSaint

Perraud on 11:32 - Mar 7 by SaintNick

Its not odd as KWP has played mostly as a left back this season, personally I think he is a better left back than Perraud, there is little to choose between Livramento & KWP

None of our 3 full backs did anything of note on Saturday.

Perraud was ok in the first half but way off the pace in the 2nd.
Tino looked lazy, content to pass it back and only ventured forward a few times. Even when he moved to wing back / midfield, he was still content to mainly pass it back or inside, instead of taking his man on.
KWP the game was already over as a contest when he came on.

Perhaps we need 'injury' breaks every 15 mins, so that our players can top up their energy intakes a bit more regularly !! :-)

TimSaint

Perraud on 12:49 - Mar 7 with 699 viewssaint901

For me the starting FBs should be Perraud and KWP.

I think Tino looks a little tired and as we have improved the opposition "out of possession" coaches take a keener interest, he is being squeezed for his favourite space and is less effective.

I think he's in a period when he needs to focus on his defending, esp players moving back inside him as he seems reluctant to tackle on the left foot.

He will no doubt come back to full form and fitness and hopefully with a better appreciation of his place and be more selective about when he goes forward.

Given his physique I do wonder if eventually he might be centre back. At the moment he does not read the game well enough for that but watch this space.
Perraud on 13:49 - Mar 7 with 659 viewssaints__fan__73

Perraud on 11:32 - Mar 7 by SaintNick

KWP is better than Livermento at RB currently.

KWP can do a job at LB but he's not as good as Perraud. He's not that confident with his left foot which means he tends to always cut back inside which loses him the space his good play has got him. He's far better playing on the right.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Login to get fewer ads

Perraud on 21:03 - Mar 7 with 544 viewsSaintsforeverj

Perraud on 12:49 - Mar 7 by saint901

For me the starting FBs should be Perraud and KWP.

I think Tino looks a little tired and as we have improved the opposition "out of possession" coaches take a keener interest, he is being squeezed for his favourite space and is less effective.

I think he's in a period when he needs to focus on his defending, esp players moving back inside him as he seems reluctant to tackle on the left foot.

He will no doubt come back to full form and fitness and hopefully with a better appreciation of his place and be more selective about when he goes forward.

Given his physique I do wonder if eventually he might be centre back. At the moment he does not read the game well enough for that but watch this space.

I agree. I would go with KWP at right back and Perraud at left back. Livramento seems to have lost his mojo a bit. KWP is an excellent right back, good going forward but also defensively. Livramento is more of an attacking wing back.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024