Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stavely Nonsense 14:17 - Mar 4 with 1615 viewsBerber

"Newcastle co-owner Amanda Staveley says she "doesn't think it's particularly fair" that Roman Abramovich has decided to sell Chelsea following Russia's invasion of Ukraine."

So what exactly isn't fair about him making a free choice? Nobody has asked him or is forcing him to do this, though many have doubted his fitness as a PL club owner. Not because of the billions of "stolen" assets he poured into the club, but because he is a ruthless Russian oligarc, and part of the bandit coterie trying to stop our free press from expressing valid opinions and facts about him and the others.

What is she going to say next,"It isn't fair to judge Putin," based on his statements and actions? "Don't you know who you are dealing with?" to quote Gyslaine Maxwell, and assorted Royal and not so royal hangers on.

All this is just my opinions, of course.
Stavely Nonsense on 14:33 - Mar 4 with 1591 viewsTimSaint

It isn't fair because if they had waited a few months, they would have been able to (at least try to) buy Chelsea instead, which would obviously be a much more preferable option !!

TimSaint

Stavely Nonsense on 14:47 - Mar 4 with 1551 viewskingslandstand1

Stavely Nonsense on 14:33 - Mar 4 by TimSaint

It isn't fair because if they had waited a few months, they would have been able to (at least try to) buy Chelsea instead, which would obviously be a much more preferable option !!

Oh you cynic you
Stavely Nonsense on 15:39 - Mar 4 with 1496 viewsElijahK

Stavely Nonsense on 14:33 - Mar 4 by TimSaint

That’s exactly what I said to a Chelsea mate of mine yesterday, as if they’d just waited a few months longer, then they’d be able to actually win stuff within the next season or so, not decade or so, like they’ll have with Newcastle

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Stavely Nonsense on 16:19 - Mar 4 with 1454 viewsA1079

Stavely Nonsense on 15:39 - Mar 4 by ElijahK

That’s exactly what I said to a Chelsea mate of mine yesterday, as if they’d just waited a few months longer, then they’d be able to actually win stuff within the next season or so, not decade or so, like they’ll have with Newcastle

Probably some truth in that Elijah, especially as Chelsea do not have the need to rebuild but rather just add to their squad.

The other reason may be (and this may be ultra cynical even by my standards) they are attached to a dubious Saudi Arabia background which has been involved in a dirty war in Yemen as well as previous activities e.g: the Khasshogi affair etc. They may be worried that the response by the UK to Russian Oligarchs may set a long overdue precedent of dealing with dirty money and those suspected of dubious activities and being attached to regimes with dubious human rights and the fear of having their assets and financial affairs frozen should anything arise in the future (though our history of dealing with Saudi Arabia is not that clever or good).
Stavely Nonsense on 17:00 - Mar 4 with 1378 viewssaint901

I would be more cynical.

Abramovic is forced into a fire sale and the buyers know that.

They will drive the price down and down.
Stavely Nonsense on 17:10 - Mar 4 with 1370 viewsPoirot

I would like to actually know what his relationship with Putin is because at the moment its some meetings and thats about it. The so called oligarchs are basically PR operatives for Putin. The actual reason to how chelsea was bought using money from ? Racking it up to over a billion quid is where the problem starts. So the PL should have stopped chelsea being sold to him.
Stavely Nonsense on 17:19 - Mar 4 with 1361 viewsDorsetIan

Stavely Nonsense on 16:19 - Mar 4 by A1079

Probably some truth in that Elijah, especially as Chelsea do not have the need to rebuild but rather just add to their squad.

The other reason may be (and this may be ultra cynical even by my standards) they are attached to a dubious Saudi Arabia background which has been involved in a dirty war in Yemen as well as previous activities e.g: the Khasshogi affair etc. They may be worried that the response by the UK to Russian Oligarchs may set a long overdue precedent of dealing with dirty money and those suspected of dubious activities and being attached to regimes with dubious human rights and the fear of having their assets and financial affairs frozen should anything arise in the future (though our history of dealing with Saudi Arabia is not that clever or good).

Your second para hits the nail on the head.

Not sure Staveley is any position to talk about what's 'fair' in any context.

She represents Saudi £. I dare say Saudi £ is always her No.1 concern. Saudi £ has no interest in what's 'fair'.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Stavely Nonsense on 22:45 - Mar 4 with 1188 viewsronan006

Stavely Nonsense on 17:19 - Mar 4 by DorsetIan

Your second para hits the nail on the head.

Not sure Staveley is any position to talk about what's 'fair' in any context.

She represents Saudi £. I dare say Saudi £ is always her No.1 concern. Saudi £ has no interest in what's 'fair'.

Another evil monster sportboarding behind Newcastle and she's nervous they're next
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024