Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It was the time wasting 19:33 - Mar 13 with 1651 viewssaintwizzler

Good old Ralph…

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

It was the time wasting on 19:40 - Mar 13 with 1627 viewsRon11

Yes, the time wasted pissing about at the back, which has returned with a vengeance.
It was the time wasting on 23:14 - Mar 13 with 1413 viewsElijahK

After just seeing it on MOTD, he should’ve been complaining about the blatant handball that was one that’s a blatant as you can get

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

It was the time wasting on 23:30 - Mar 13 with 1400 viewsSaintsforeverj

There certainly was lots of time wasting by Watford players, going down every time we attacked, holding their head, knowing the ref would have to stop play. However, I don't blame them, they were desperate for the points and they got their win, employing whatever tactics necessary. It didn't matter though. We lost the game when Salisu gifted them a goal and we didn't play with the intensity needed.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

It was the time wasting on 07:05 - Mar 14 with 1316 viewssaintwizzler

Playing the first half with only one striker and Smallbone who didn’t seem to know where he was playing didn’t help. I thought Stuart Armstrong was going to play behind Adams.

Romeu dropping back to 3rd CB in a 3-4-3 with Broja right wing was also head scratching.

The game was crying out for a 4-4-2 with Adam Armstrong and Adams up front.
A defeat wasn’t the end all as our ‘cup final’ is next Sunday.
It’s the manner of defeat.
Slow, ponderous, sideways passing.
As it was against Newcastle.

But job done, we’ve stayed up and got to the QF of a cup which if we lose will be “it was Man City”

It was the time wasting on 18:31 - Mar 14 with 1148 viewskingslandstand1

It was the time wasting on 23:14 - Mar 13 by ElijahK

After just seeing it on MOTD, he should’ve been complaining about the blatant handball that was one that’s a blatant as you can get

They said that in the paper this morning and why did VAR not tell Scott to look at the screen. Haven't seen it, but when the press give us a bit of leeway there may have been something in it
It was the time wasting on 01:01 - Mar 15 with 1065 viewsElijahK

It was the time wasting on 18:31 - Mar 14 by kingslandstand1

They said that in the paper this morning and why did VAR not tell Scott to look at the screen. Haven't seen it, but when the press give us a bit of leeway there may have been something in it

Mate taking out all biased opinions and such, it was a pen, even Wrighty on MOTD said that Watford were lucky to get away with it

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

It was the time wasting on 01:26 - Mar 15 with 1059 viewsdarthvader

It was the time wasting on 01:01 - Mar 15 by ElijahK

Mate taking out all biased opinions and such, it was a pen, even Wrighty on MOTD said that Watford were lucky to get away with it

The goalie would have been credited with a 'good save' had it been his arm used to block it with . Scandalous . We barely desereved a point but to not get that was corrupt. What is the point of var if not for instances such as this ?
Are we now due a spell of not getting the right calls like last season .

keep the faith coyr

It was the time wasting on 09:33 - Mar 15 with 969 viewssaints__fan__73

It was the time wasting on 07:05 - Mar 14 by saintwizzler

Playing the first half with only one striker and Smallbone who didn’t seem to know where he was playing didn’t help. I thought Stuart Armstrong was going to play behind Adams.

Romeu dropping back to 3rd CB in a 3-4-3 with Broja right wing was also head scratching.

The game was crying out for a 4-4-2 with Adam Armstrong and Adams up front.
A defeat wasn’t the end all as our ‘cup final’ is next Sunday.
It’s the manner of defeat.
Slow, ponderous, sideways passing.
As it was against Newcastle.

But job done, we’ve stayed up and got to the QF of a cup which if we lose will be “it was Man City”

You sound as if you're not a fan of Ralph?

What are you expecting from the team? We've had a good period recently an a decent cup run.

Every season a team like Villa, Wolves, Newcastle, etc comes along with more owner wealth than we have which makes competing on equal terms very difficult. We are in an ever shrinking group of just the promoted clubs, Palace, Brighton, Burnley and Leeds who have to self-fund so just staying up isn't a small thing considering it's not a level playing field.

Added to this Ralph had to deal with the financial damage done by Reed and Kreuger where he had pretty much zero transfer funds and a sizeable portion of the club's wage bill was going out on players playing on loan at other clubs.

Given the resources we have it's unrealistic to think that we can compete for Europe with clubs like West Ham, Wolves and Leicester. They are on a different financial level to us.

We've done well to stay up as long as we have. Other than the big boys we are now pretty much the team that has been in the PL longest since last being relegated.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Login to get fewer ads

It was the time wasting on 10:49 - Mar 15 with 941 viewssaintwizzler

It was the time wasting on 09:33 - Mar 15 by saints__fan__73

You sound as if you're not a fan of Ralph?

What are you expecting from the team? We've had a good period recently an a decent cup run.

Every season a team like Villa, Wolves, Newcastle, etc comes along with more owner wealth than we have which makes competing on equal terms very difficult. We are in an ever shrinking group of just the promoted clubs, Palace, Brighton, Burnley and Leeds who have to self-fund so just staying up isn't a small thing considering it's not a level playing field.

Added to this Ralph had to deal with the financial damage done by Reed and Kreuger where he had pretty much zero transfer funds and a sizeable portion of the club's wage bill was going out on players playing on loan at other clubs.

Given the resources we have it's unrealistic to think that we can compete for Europe with clubs like West Ham, Wolves and Leicester. They are on a different financial level to us.

We've done well to stay up as long as we have. Other than the big boys we are now pretty much the team that has been in the PL longest since last being relegated.

As Frannies Tashe has said he’s a mid table manager not the messiah.
It’s just the strange formations & team selections that baffle me.

Last Sunday a prime example.
Smallbone looked lost and I’m surprised he lasted till half time.
JWP would of been more effective there and that’s saying something.

As I’ve said before it’s job done this season.
Staying up & if we go out on Sunday it’ll be to the best team in the country.

It’s always what could of been…

Let’s see what investment the new owners give in the summer.

It was the time wasting on 11:48 - Mar 15 with 907 viewssaints__fan__73

It was the time wasting on 10:49 - Mar 15 by saintwizzler

As Frannies Tashe has said he’s a mid table manager not the messiah.
It’s just the strange formations & team selections that baffle me.

Last Sunday a prime example.
Smallbone looked lost and I’m surprised he lasted till half time.
JWP would of been more effective there and that’s saying something.

As I’ve said before it’s job done this season.
Staying up & if we go out on Sunday it’ll be to the best team in the country.

It’s always what could of been…

Let’s see what investment the new owners give in the summer.

There won't be any investment, they've pretty much said that.

We're a mid-table at best team so struggling to see how any manager we could attract would do better.

We've played some great football at times this season and beat some of the big boys. I'm not sure any other manager we could get would do better.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

It was the time wasting on 12:40 - Mar 15 with 889 viewssaintwizzler

It was the time wasting on 11:48 - Mar 15 by saints__fan__73

There won't be any investment, they've pretty much said that.

We're a mid-table at best team so struggling to see how any manager we could attract would do better.

We've played some great football at times this season and beat some of the big boys. I'm not sure any other manager we could get would do better.

So no better than Gao then?

As I’ve said Ralph has done the minimum expected, keeping us in the PL, and credit to him.

Two 9-0 hammerings, the results after beating Liverpool for that year and for me the worse, the FA Cup semi final no show, will blot his copybook.

Whilst I am in the stadium, he and the players will get 100% support from me.
Even at half time.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024