Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... 16:18 - Mar 15 with 3322 views1885_SFC

oh such joy

Old School is Cool

Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... on 16:58 - Mar 15 with 2767 viewsdirk_doone

He'll make sure City win then. We can expect a red card or penalty against us.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... on 18:11 - Mar 15 with 2700 viewssaint22

Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... on 16:58 - Mar 15 by dirk_doone

guess the FA felt our hatred for his bias was only for the PL

WAC he is
Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... on 18:45 - Mar 15 with 2661 viewsElijahK

Well thankfully it may be the last, as I found out from a select group ref, that hell most likely be retiring at the end of this season, so we won’t be having many more games with him in the middle!

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... on 19:07 - Mar 15 with 2643 viewsPaleRider

Why is he allowed to keep ref'ing?
Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... on 19:13 - Mar 15 with 2629 viewssaint22

Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... on 19:07 - Mar 15 by PaleRider

Why is he allowed to keep ref'ing?

Because Mike riley is spineless and its like an old school boys club
Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... on 19:47 - Mar 15 with 2595 viewskingslandstand1

Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... on 18:45 - Mar 15 by ElijahK

Well thankfully it may be the last, as I found out from a select group ref, that hell most likely be retiring at the end of this season, so we won’t be having many more games with him in the middle!

But this is one game we really could do with a decent unbiased ref rather than the so full of himself, get me in the headlines to55er that he is

We ned to win this game or based on what we saw on Sunday, it will be the end of our season
Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... on 19:55 - Mar 15 with 2589 viewscocklebreath

I expect to lose but if we do because this little jumped up c()nt has made a couple of shockers I would like him to be battered to death as he leaves the pitch

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... on 20:29 - Mar 15 with 2546 viewsElijahK

Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... on 19:47 - Mar 15 by kingslandstand1

But this is one game we really could do with a decent unbiased ref rather than the so full of himself, get me in the headlines to55er that he is

We ned to win this game or based on what we saw on Sunday, it will be the end of our season

Well hopefully the headline can be about him making a mistake which is against Man City and not us then!

Login to get fewer ads

Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... on 21:26 - Mar 15 with 2480 viewsdarthvader

Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... on 19:55 - Mar 15 by cocklebreath

I expect to lose but if we do because this little jumped up c()nt has made a couple of shockers I would like him to be battered to death as he leaves the pitch

Thank you ... This has made me laugh so much .
Main reason being is because i was thinking the excact same thing just before i read your comment .

keep the faith coyr

Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... on 21:53 - Mar 15 with 2465 viewsdarthvader

Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... on 16:58 - Mar 15 by dirk_doone

Yea thats taken away the hope now .

keep the faith coyr

Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... on 09:27 - Mar 16 with 2305 viewsBuenosSaint

Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... on 21:53 - Mar 15 by darthvader

Yea thats taken away the hope now .

That's how I felt too. My heart sank when I saw the title of the thread.

We can't do anything about it now but there is no need to piss him off further by booing him before the game Or early doors. We will simply be in a lose lose situation.

Of course, if and when he becomes the gum chewing crap decision making egotistical gimp that he is, I truly hope saint Mary's give it to him double barrelled.

Poll: The Long Future

Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... on 15:12 - Mar 16 with 2191 viewsBerber

I was just going to post, expect a red card and dubious penal;ty decisions, aided and abetted by VAR.
Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... on 16:11 - Mar 16 with 2161 viewsfranniesTache

FFS i was looking forward to this, now we may as well stay in the pub as city have won
Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... on 16:42 - Mar 16 with 2131 viewskingslandstand1

Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... on 19:55 - Mar 15 by cocklebreath

Was Simeone reffing last night at OT? Didn't quite work there .....................
Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... on 07:36 - Mar 22 with 1870 viewssaint22

Premier League referee Mike Dean will quit on-field officiating at the end of the season and take up a full-time role as a Video Assistant Referee

If retired that should be that!
Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... on 09:28 - Mar 22 with 1817 viewsdirk_doone

Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... on 07:36 - Mar 22 by saint22

Premier League referee Mike Dean will quit on-field officiating at the end of the season and take up a full-time role as a Video Assistant Referee

If retired that should be that!

Yes, he should be forced to retire completetely. He could do even more damage to us on VAR.

Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... on 09:57 - Mar 22 with 1797 viewssaints__fan__73

Someone on Twitter said it was a text book performance by Dean on Sunday. Broke up two Southampton attacks by getting in the way of players and executed his trademark of getting nutmegged by the ball while running with his arms outstretched.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... on 10:41 - Mar 22 with 1764 viewssaintwizzler

Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... on 09:57 - Mar 22 by saints__fan__73

Someone on Twitter said it was a text book performance by Dean on Sunday. Broke up two Southampton attacks by getting in the way of players and executed his trademark of getting nutmegged by the ball while running with his arms outstretched.

Did you not tune in for the match?

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... on 08:52 - Aug 19 with 1406 viewsdirk_doone

Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... on 09:28 - Mar 22 by dirk_doone

Yes, he should be forced to retire completetely. He could do even more damage to us on VAR.

Why is this not a surprise? Spurs are one of his favourite teams. Will we never be free of
him? He's going to cost us points again this season:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-tottenham-mike-dean-var-b10195
[Post edited 19 Aug 2022 8:53]

Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... on 09:24 - Aug 19 with 1344 viewssaint68

Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... on 08:52 - Aug 19 by dirk_doone

Why is this not a surprise? Spurs are one of his favourite teams. Will we never be free of
him? He's going to cost us points again this season:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-tottenham-mike-dean-var-b10195
[Post edited 19 Aug 2022 8:53]

If only we could hire an assassin to send him off this mortal coil...it would save a lot of confusion for so many.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... on 11:57 - Aug 19 with 1232 viewsSonicBoom

I've never understood why the PGMOL tolerate his antics.
The consensus has always been that the very best refs are virtually anonymous. They go about the job quietly and let the game flow and they are appreciated for doing so. They are not part of the entertainment.
Mike Dean jumps around theatrically brandishing cards, jumping over stray passes and generally trying to be noticed.
How have they not said "Mike just referee the game. Cut out the histrionics and quit trying to show off. No one is there to see you".
Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... on 12:27 - Aug 19 with 1199 viewsElijahK

Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... on 11:57 - Aug 19 by SonicBoom

I've never understood why the PGMOL tolerate his antics.
The consensus has always been that the very best refs are virtually anonymous. They go about the job quietly and let the game flow and they are appreciated for doing so. They are not part of the entertainment.
Mike Dean jumps around theatrically brandishing cards, jumping over stray passes and generally trying to be noticed.
How have they not said "Mike just referee the game. Cut out the histrionics and quit trying to show off. No one is there to see you".

As much as I agree that usually the best officials go unnoticed and how Mike Dean is still a ref is quite surprising, it’s not always the case on regards to being unnoticed.

As that Chelsea vs spurs game at the weekend is a perfect example of a game where the ref was bound to get attention no matter what they did. As in it you had an arguable red card incident (which no matter which way they give it, it hits a few people will be upset), and the same for the offside/foul in the first goal (although that one’s just merely down to a load of complaining fans that don’t know the LOTG).

As right now the best two officials in the league is by far Michael Oliver and Anthony Taylor, yet as we all saw last weekends, even then they can still get stick/make mistakes, which are even more highlighted when it involves a “top 6” team, and especially when it involves two! But of course people will only ever highlight the negatives (even when they’re not negative as they got the decisions right) and won’t ever highlight the positives of how for them opening games of the season everything went well and there was no real major controversy aerodyne officials, yet that’s ignored…

Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... on 13:02 - Aug 19 with 1142 views1885_SFC

Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... on 12:27 - Aug 19 by ElijahK

As much as I agree that usually the best officials go unnoticed and how Mike Dean is still a ref is quite surprising, it’s not always the case on regards to being unnoticed.

As that Chelsea vs spurs game at the weekend is a perfect example of a game where the ref was bound to get attention no matter what they did. As in it you had an arguable red card incident (which no matter which way they give it, it hits a few people will be upset), and the same for the offside/foul in the first goal (although that one’s just merely down to a load of complaining fans that don’t know the LOTG).

As right now the best two officials in the league is by far Michael Oliver and Anthony Taylor, yet as we all saw last weekends, even then they can still get stick/make mistakes, which are even more highlighted when it involves a “top 6” team, and especially when it involves two! But of course people will only ever highlight the negatives (even when they’re not negative as they got the decisions right) and won’t ever highlight the positives of how for them opening games of the season everything went well and there was no real major controversy aerodyne officials, yet that’s ignored…

You're missing the point of the issue... which is even though the tosser Mike Dean was on VAR duty, he still got it wrong... again.

He shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a football pitch.

Old School is Cool

Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... on 13:32 - Aug 19 with 1103 viewsElijahK

Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... on 13:02 - Aug 19 by 1885_SFC

You're missing the point of the issue... which is even though the tosser Mike Dean was on VAR duty, he still got it wrong... again.

He shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a football pitch.

You say he got it wrong, but as much as I’m no major fan of Mike Dean, I’d even say that he had a fair enough reason/right to not send Taylor to the monitor. But even then, the supposed mistake he’s made ain’t like many of the ones he’s had in the past where it’s been written in stone and there for everyone to see.
As like he said the first goal was completely right and the second one is still debatable, so as that’s the case it’s not really a mistake if it’s debatable, as both sides have points. As yeah it probably would’ve been best that he did send Taylor to the monitor as then he’ll have written off any arguments to him messing up, and it would be completely down to Taylor, but even as he didn’t I wouldn’t necessarily call that a major mistake. As it would’ve had to have been a red for him to be able to intervene and many still don’t think it is.

As yeah I do agree that Mike Dean shouldn’t have been a SG1 referee for anywhere near as long as he did, and should’ve retired rather than doing VAR duties, but I don’t think this incident is the best one to use when proving that or criticising him.

Mike Dean to ref Saints v Man City this weekend... on 13:53 - Aug 19 with 1077 viewsBicester_North

Dean is an inept clown, that’s all there is to it.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024