Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fûck the FA cup 22:36 - Mar 20 with 2483 viewsBicester_North

The mini league of 3 have got it sewn up, soon to become 4 or maybe 5

I used to get hyped up about this competition but there is a sad inevitability now about going out at the SF or QF stages to one of the mega money brigade. Even the league cup is the same.

If you’re not one of the super rich your best hope is a European place or to stay in the division. How dull is top level football for all but the rich lot

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Fûck the FA cup on 22:46 - Mar 20 with 2176 viewsSaintsforeverj

Totally agree. If anything today, my biggest disappointment and disillusionment is what you say. The team gave their all today but it's impossible. It's the same teams winning everything.

I really hope they all f off to the super league and leave us to have some competitive games.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2022 22:50]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Fûck the FA cup on 22:55 - Mar 20 with 2162 viewsBicester_North

I enjoy the earlier rounds but it feels like a waste of time. Used to be the best knockout competition in the world but now it’s dreary and predictable once it goes past last 16.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Fûck the FA cup on 08:23 - Mar 21 with 1979 viewsRednWight

It’s strange how the rich clubs always seem to avoid playing each other until semis/finals

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

Fûck the FA cup on 08:43 - Mar 21 with 1953 viewsButty101

Fûck the FA cup on 08:23 - Mar 21 by RednWight

It’s strange how the rich clubs always seem to avoid playing each other until semis/finals

They all certainly had very favourable draws up to the semis.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Fûck the FA cup on 08:59 - Mar 21 with 1914 viewskingslandstand1

Fûck the FA cup on 08:23 - Mar 21 by RednWight

They might as well do as in tennis, and start ceding teams so that they make sure they get the teams they want in the finals
Fûck the FA cup on 09:01 - Mar 21 with 1915 viewssolent_toffee

Was it really less than a year when fans of these clubs took to the streets to complain about the Super League?

And yet here we are, the same three clubs will be in the top 3 and will no doubt be in all three finals.

As you say, the sooner they have this league, with the conditions it’s done on the terms of the remaining clubs, the better.

Football as a competitive sport will be far more watchable and interesting without those clubs in it.
Fûck the FA cup on 09:33 - Mar 21 with 1867 viewskingslandstand1

Fûck the FA cup on 09:01 - Mar 21 by solent_toffee

Was it really less than a year when fans of these clubs took to the streets to complain about the Super League?

And yet here we are, the same three clubs will be in the top 3 and will no doubt be in all three finals.

As you say, the sooner they have this league, with the conditions it’s done on the terms of the remaining clubs, the better.

Football as a competitive sport will be far more watchable and interesting without those clubs in it.

Providing they leave the Premier League and let us get on with it in a more competitive league then it will be interesting to see how boring they find it playing the same teams week in week out
Fûck the FA cup on 09:46 - Mar 21 with 1858 viewssaint22

I am inclined to agree

That said with Bednarek and Broja and adams starting It may have been a different story
Not playing your best team against arguably the worlds best team in the QF of a Cup is frankly stupid
Login to get fewer ads

Fûck the FA cup on 09:48 - Mar 21 with 1851 viewssaintwizzler

Fûck the FA cup on 09:46 - Mar 21 by saint22

I am inclined to agree

That said with Bednarek and Broja and adams starting It may have been a different story
Not playing your best team against arguably the worlds best team in the QF of a Cup is frankly stupid

Resting them for Leeds away.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Fûck the FA cup on 11:04 - Mar 21 with 1786 viewssolent_toffee

Fûck the FA cup on 09:33 - Mar 21 by kingslandstand1

Providing they leave the Premier League and let us get on with it in a more competitive league then it will be interesting to see how boring they find it playing the same teams week in week out

From what I understood the wanted to have the ESL to replace the champions league but still wanted to compete in the premier league and the FA cup, with the big 6 binning the EFL cup off.

I think the concept is still floating about, probably even more so now they Newcastle want it and they don’t want them in and the first sight of them making their move, they should be kicked out and leave them to it.
Fûck the FA cup on 12:06 - Mar 21 with 1730 viewsSaintNick

Fûck the FA cup on 11:04 - Mar 21 by solent_toffee

From what I understood the wanted to have the ESL to replace the champions league but still wanted to compete in the premier league and the FA cup, with the big 6 binning the EFL cup off.

I think the concept is still floating about, probably even more so now they Newcastle want it and they don’t want them in and the first sight of them making their move, they should be kicked out and leave them to it.

I agree all we did last year was appease them, the only way forward for football is for the top clubs to go to the ESL and then the rest of us can compete again

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Fûck the FA cup on 12:12 - Mar 21 with 1713 viewssolent_toffee

Fûck the FA cup on 12:06 - Mar 21 by SaintNick

I agree all we did last year was appease them, the only way forward for football is for the top clubs to go to the ESL and then the rest of us can compete again

It would be great. Hopefully they could have their own subscription only tv channels and we’d literally be able to get on without having to listen to the non stop promotion of them on SKY.
Fûck the FA cup on 12:16 - Mar 21 with 1711 viewsPaleRider

Fûck the FA cup on 12:06 - Mar 21 by SaintNick

Nick - 100% agree. If they want to take their dirty money, horrible fans and referees like Mike Dean, then they can just fvck off and do one. There is now such a gulf between the telly watching "fans" and those that go to games and live the highs & lows.

I don't care if the quality is not quite as good - I'm sure it will be just as exciting and entertaining for those of us who support their clubs & just want to see a level playing field that is not dependent on which foreign power wants to invest in the club - be it UAE, Qatar, Saudi, Russia or China. I'm not saying our new owners are perfect but they seem to get football and not to be tied to a repressive regime - good enough for me.
Fûck the FA cup on 12:21 - Mar 21 with 1700 viewsdirk_doone

I wonder if Leicester fans feel the same way. They are the current FA Cup holders. Even little Wigan won it as recently as 2013, Hull were in the final the year after that and Watford were runners-up the year before last.

If you want to give smaller clubs a greater chance of winning a trophy, it might be a better idea to exclude clubs that qualify for Europe from that year's League Cup. That should keep most clubs happy.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Fûck the FA cup on 12:32 - Mar 21 with 1676 viewsSaintsforeverj

Fûck the FA cup on 12:21 - Mar 21 by dirk_doone

I wonder if Leicester fans feel the same way. They are the current FA Cup holders. Even little Wigan won it as recently as 2013, Hull were in the final the year after that and Watford were runners-up the year before last.

If you want to give smaller clubs a greater chance of winning a trophy, it might be a better idea to exclude clubs that qualify for Europe from that year's League Cup. That should keep most clubs happy.

Yep, excluding the top 6 from the league cup would be a start. There would then be a cup there for others to win, (including lower league teams) and the top clubs will have less games because of their heavy schedule. Leicester really are the exception. But, ofcourse they do have rich owners and a good team. Wigan are the other team but that was nearly 10 years ago now. It is getting more and more impossible now though. Newcastle will be another team spending billions, Man City will add Haaland to their already fantastic team, Liverpool will continue to be a force. Man U will always be a top team. It will again be the same top 4 and if it's not, Spurs will sneak in. Wolves won't, West Ham won't. It's becoming more and more difficult to compete.

However though, the plastic fans of these top clubs are like a parasite in the country. They are slowly taking away the local club, local city, loyalty feel and their clubs are ruining the game with money, arrogance and bias. I would be happy if they all just disappeared into their own league. Blue's post is the perfect example of what these increasing number of fans are like and why I wouldn't miss playing these teams.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2022 12:39]

Fûck the FA cup on 12:46 - Mar 21 with 1652 viewsdirk_doone

Fûck the FA cup on 12:32 - Mar 21 by Saintsforeverj

Yep, excluding the top 6 from the league cup would be a start. There would then be a cup there for others to win, (including lower league teams) and the top clubs will have less games because of their heavy schedule. Leicester really are the exception. But, ofcourse they do have rich owners and a good team. Wigan are the other team but that was nearly 10 years ago now. It is getting more and more impossible now though. Newcastle will be another team spending billions, Man City will add Haaland to their already fantastic team, Liverpool will continue to be a force. Man U will always be a top team. It will again be the same top 4 and if it's not, Spurs will sneak in. Wolves won't, West Ham won't. It's becoming more and more difficult to compete.

However though, the plastic fans of these top clubs are like a parasite in the country. They are slowly taking away the local club, local city, loyalty feel and their clubs are ruining the game with money, arrogance and bias. I would be happy if they all just disappeared into their own league. Blue's post is the perfect example of what these increasing number of fans are like and why I wouldn't miss playing these teams.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2022 12:39]

When you look at the history of the FA Cup, there have been seeral long periods when it was dominated by just a few teams, from the 1870s, when they were Wanderers, Old Etonians and and Royal Engineers, through the 1880s and 90s when they were Blackburn and West Brom, to the 1980s and 90s when they were Liverpool and Man United, up to the last 15 years when they were Chelsea and Arsenal. Presumably, those were the clubs that happened to be the richest at the time. Who knows what those teams will be 20 years from now? I guess it's always been a bit demoralising to be a fan of one of the other poorer teams.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2022 12:53]

Fûck the FA cup on 12:56 - Mar 21 with 1630 viewsSaintsforeverj

Fûck the FA cup on 12:46 - Mar 21 by dirk_doone

When you look at the history of the FA Cup, there have been seeral long periods when it was dominated by just a few teams, from the 1870s, when they were Wanderers, Old Etonians and and Royal Engineers, through the 1880s and 90s when they were Blackburn and West Brom, to the 1980s and 90s when they were Liverpool and Man United, up to the last 15 years when they were Chelsea and Arsenal. Presumably, those were the clubs that happened to be the richest at the time. Who knows what those teams will be 20 years from now? I guess it's always been a bit demoralising to be a fan of one of the other poorer teams.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2022 12:53]

In recent memory, apart from the current Man City and Liverpool domination, Man U were the team that won it all in the 90s and early 2000's under Ferguson and yeah they were the team who spent the most. But there seems to be 3 or 4 teams, increasing all the time (Newcastle) with so much money and they are so good that it just looks more impossible than it's ever been.

Fûck the FA cup on 13:11 - Mar 21 with 1607 viewsdirk_doone

Fûck the FA cup on 12:56 - Mar 21 by Saintsforeverj

In recent memory, apart from the current Man City and Liverpool domination, Man U were the team that won it all in the 90s and early 2000's under Ferguson and yeah they were the team who spent the most. But there seems to be 3 or 4 teams, increasing all the time (Newcastle) with so much money and they are so good that it just looks more impossible than it's ever been.

Arsenal and Man United are the top FA Cup teams.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_FA_Cup_Finals

Fûck the FA cup on 13:11 - Mar 21 with 1606 viewsElijahK

Is this not we all say every single season though? As I completely agree with you and everything you’ve said, but we just say it every year with how predictable and boring it’s becoming, as we’ve been on this route ever since the prem sorted in the 90’s and the FA’s done bugger all about changing it, hence why football is now simple decided by who’s got the biggest pocket!

As if you look at the timeline and what it’s been like, it’s only been becoming more and more predictable as each season comes along…

1980’s and before: had a few favourites and such, but in the end anyone could win anything and no one went into games thinking that they’d be happy with just a 1-0/2-0 defeat, and the league was often quite close.

1990-2000: The top teams started to emerge with certain teams always finishing very high in the table, and the title being often contested by the same teams, but Europe and relegation battles always varied in who was in them

2001-2017: the top 6 was formed with those teams making up the top 7 for basically all those seasons and them winning a majority (but not all) of the trophies over that period, but the relegation battles and odd trophy were anyones game

2018-the present day: now we’ve arguably got a top 2/3 (Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea) with them almost always being the same teams, as well as the top 6 (Man U, Arsenal Spurs)?all making up 1st to 7th in the table, with around 8 or so teams making up the middle of the table (us, Leicester, West Ham, Villa etc) and getting the last European spot, and then another 4/5 (Burnley, Brighton etc) almost always in the relegation battles, going down every once in a while but usually coming back up pretty soon, and then 3/4 (Norwich, Fulham, West Brom etc) teams where every season at least one go up and one goes down.

So what’s to come in the future as we can basically now predict where over half the teams in the prem will finish (giving 1/2 positions leeway) which certainly isn’t very entertaining/unpredictable (although compared to other leagues it sure is), but it’s the same across most European leagues, hence why the ESL could help everyone, as then other leagues would have anyone winning the league and the teams in the European contests (if they were to continue) would be changing consistently. Whilst if the ESL doesn’t happen and we keep on this course, then for all we know, betting may no longer exist as everything’s just soo predictable and boring.

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Fûck the FA cup on 13:15 - Mar 21 with 1599 viewsSaintsforeverj

Fûck the FA cup on 13:11 - Mar 21 by dirk_doone

Arsenal and Man United are the top FA Cup teams.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_FA_Cup_Finals

Ofcourse yeah, the Wenger years.

Fûck the FA cup on 14:34 - Mar 21 with 1512 viewsI_would

It's certainly made duller by the likes of JWP passing backwards and sideways every single game, and with a manager that thinks we can play toe to toe with one of the top three teams in the world. Might have helped also if we hadn't had Shane (can't stand up or hit a barn door or stay onside) Long starting, or bringing on Che (can't stand up or hit a barn door) Adams as an 'impact' sub.

New manager required, preferably one who doesn't foster favourites to the extent Ralph does and one who could recognise that having a midfield masquerading as centre backs doesn't help the front men when it comes to scoring. When are we going to win another match? Your guess is a good as mine.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2022 14:36]

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Fûck the FA cup on 14:38 - Mar 21 with 1473 viewsdirk_doone

Fûck the FA cup on 13:11 - Mar 21 by ElijahK

Is this not we all say every single season though? As I completely agree with you and everything you’ve said, but we just say it every year with how predictable and boring it’s becoming, as we’ve been on this route ever since the prem sorted in the 90’s and the FA’s done bugger all about changing it, hence why football is now simple decided by who’s got the biggest pocket!

As if you look at the timeline and what it’s been like, it’s only been becoming more and more predictable as each season comes along…

1980’s and before: had a few favourites and such, but in the end anyone could win anything and no one went into games thinking that they’d be happy with just a 1-0/2-0 defeat, and the league was often quite close.

1990-2000: The top teams started to emerge with certain teams always finishing very high in the table, and the title being often contested by the same teams, but Europe and relegation battles always varied in who was in them

2001-2017: the top 6 was formed with those teams making up the top 7 for basically all those seasons and them winning a majority (but not all) of the trophies over that period, but the relegation battles and odd trophy were anyones game

2018-the present day: now we’ve arguably got a top 2/3 (Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea) with them almost always being the same teams, as well as the top 6 (Man U, Arsenal Spurs)?all making up 1st to 7th in the table, with around 8 or so teams making up the middle of the table (us, Leicester, West Ham, Villa etc) and getting the last European spot, and then another 4/5 (Burnley, Brighton etc) almost always in the relegation battles, going down every once in a while but usually coming back up pretty soon, and then 3/4 (Norwich, Fulham, West Brom etc) teams where every season at least one go up and one goes down.

So what’s to come in the future as we can basically now predict where over half the teams in the prem will finish (giving 1/2 positions leeway) which certainly isn’t very entertaining/unpredictable (although compared to other leagues it sure is), but it’s the same across most European leagues, hence why the ESL could help everyone, as then other leagues would have anyone winning the league and the teams in the European contests (if they were to continue) would be changing consistently. Whilst if the ESL doesn’t happen and we keep on this course, then for all we know, betting may no longer exist as everything’s just soo predictable and boring.

Yes, since the FA Cup began, in fact. Fans of other teams probably said the same about Blackburn and West Brom in the 1880s and 1890s.

Fûck the FA cup on 14:40 - Mar 21 with 1448 viewskingslandstand1

Fûck the FA cup on 14:34 - Mar 21 by I_would

It's certainly made duller by the likes of JWP passing backwards and sideways every single game, and with a manager that thinks we can play toe to toe with one of the top three teams in the world. Might have helped also if we hadn't had Shane (can't stand up or hit a barn door or stay onside) Long starting, or bringing on Che (can't stand up or hit a barn door) Adams as an 'impact' sub.

New manager required, preferably one who doesn't foster favourites to the extent Ralph does and one who could recognise that having a midfield masquerading as centre backs doesn't help the front men when it comes to scoring. When are we going to win another match? Your guess is a good as mine.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2022 14:36]

Who is this new manager?
Fûck the FA cup on 14:47 - Mar 21 with 1421 viewsI_would

Fûck the FA cup on 14:40 - Mar 21 by kingslandstand1

Who is this new manager?

Haven't we got staff to deal with that plus a black box?

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Fûck the FA cup on 15:38 - Mar 21 with 1354 viewskingslandstand1

Fûck the FA cup on 14:47 - Mar 21 by I_would

Haven't we got staff to deal with that plus a black box?

Now you mention it, is that black box still there with the new regime?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024