Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I see we are on our downward 15:59 - Apr 2 with 4275 viewsgrumpy

slide on the usual rollercoaster.
Its just boring now.
I see we are on our downward on 16:52 - Apr 2 with 2937 viewskingslandstand1

Is this the matchday thread?

Anyway, 3 mins to go, 1-1 against a team fighting for their lives, and a good either way 2nd half by all accounts so quite happy with that, and Villa losing s onot all doom and gloom
I see we are on our downward on 17:17 - Apr 2 with 2869 viewsdarthvader

I see we are on our downward on 16:52 - Apr 2 by kingslandstand1

Anyway, 3 mins to go, 1-1 against a team fighting for their lives, and a good either way 2nd half by all accounts so quite happy with that, and Villa losing s onot all doom and gloom

Im happy with a point to stop our recent slump .

However im over the moon after betting five of my hard earned pounds (after seeing the odds jump to 16-1) , on our master JWP scoring from outside the area . I made the bet less than five seconds of the free kick being given so very lucky but kerching me !! Now to do the lotto .

Up the bloomin saints!!

keep the faith coyr

I see we are on our downward on 17:34 - Apr 2 with 2813 viewskingslandstand1

I see we are on our downward on 17:17 - Apr 2 by darthvader

Im happy with a point to stop our recent slump .

However im over the moon after betting five of my hard earned pounds (after seeing the odds jump to 16-1) , on our master JWP scoring from outside the area . I made the bet less than five seconds of the free kick being given so very lucky but kerching me !! Now to do the lotto .

Up the bloomin saints!!

Probably would have been worth a couple of quid on correct score at Stamford Bridge as well
I see we are on our downward on 20:33 - Apr 2 with 2657 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://mobile.twitter.com/kim22mundy/status/1510294474039115780?ref_src=twsrc%5

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

I see we are on our downward on 20:38 - Apr 2 with 2645 viewsButty101

I see we are on our downward on 20:33 - Apr 2 by Saintsforeverj

https://mobile.twitter.com/kim22mundy/status/1510294474039115780?ref_src=twsrc%5

Ralph is still doing a great job yes.

Do you still think Man U will be in for him this summer?

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

I see we are on our downward on 23:39 - Apr 2 with 2547 viewssaintwizzler

Good away point.
Well done.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

I see we are on our downward on 09:01 - Apr 3 with 2384 views1teeminants

As someone said earlier we’re a mid table team with mid table players ,a mid table manager and probably mid table new owners( we’ll find out in the summer ) . I guess that’s what our aspirations are. Not that exciting but that’s the way it is I guess. The only thing I will say is there will be thousands of fans supporting other clubs all over the country who would love to be in our position.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2022 9:05]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

I see we are on our downward on 10:45 - Apr 3 with 2299 viewsRon11

I see we are on our downward on 09:01 - Apr 3 by 1teeminants

As someone said earlier we’re a mid table team with mid table players ,a mid table manager and probably mid table new owners( we’ll find out in the summer ) . I guess that’s what our aspirations are. Not that exciting but that’s the way it is I guess. The only thing I will say is there will be thousands of fans supporting other clubs all over the country who would love to be in our position.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2022 9:05]

The thing is the potential is there to achieve more than just mid table.
With players like Broja and Che Adams (who looked sharp and well adjusted to the Premier League yesterday), Stuart Armstrong, Romeu, Ward Prowse, Salisu, Livramento and the excellent Walker Peters along with the likes of Perraud who has shown some some great touches this season Saints should be doing that bit better. Of course the now years old issue of one or two experienced central defenders is still there, but apart from that....
I wonder if a manager with a fresh approach would make a difference.The starting line up against one of the best teams in the world, Man.City, remans bizarre...I would imagine even Guardiola was surprised.
Login to get fewer ads

I see we are on our downward on 13:50 - Apr 3 with 2158 viewsSaintsforeverj

I see we are on our downward on 10:45 - Apr 3 by Ron11

The thing is the potential is there to achieve more than just mid table.
With players like Broja and Che Adams (who looked sharp and well adjusted to the Premier League yesterday), Stuart Armstrong, Romeu, Ward Prowse, Salisu, Livramento and the excellent Walker Peters along with the likes of Perraud who has shown some some great touches this season Saints should be doing that bit better. Of course the now years old issue of one or two experienced central defenders is still there, but apart from that....
I wonder if a manager with a fresh approach would make a difference.The starting line up against one of the best teams in the world, Man.City, remans bizarre...I would imagine even Guardiola was surprised.

We all hope we could be even higher and by some miracle we could have one really good year. But which clubs do you think we would get above? Look at the league table and compare their squads to ours. Who could we realistically get above?
Man City - no
Liverpool - no
Chelsea - no
Arsenal - no
Spurs - no
Man utd - no
These are all teams with stadiums and budgets much bigger than ours. Now look at the teams we are competing with who have spent a lot more money, Villa, West Ham, Everton, Newcastle, Leicester. Brighton even have spent a lot more than us and we are above them, Palace also right? In comparison with their squads and money spent, you complain that we are 11th?
Wolves who probably for one season only, are having a very good year. They won't next year, I doubt and even so I bet they finish no higher than 7th. Convince me that 11th isn't good enough and explain who we should be above and why, considering what they have spent. Next year, Newcastle will be another team impossible to keep up with. We hope yes, but I don't see how anyone can complain. Blame the money, blame the PL, not the managers of every other team who don't stand a chance.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2022 13:52]

I see we are on our downward on 14:38 - Apr 3 with 2116 viewsSadoldgit

I guess Everton could argue that they “should”’be higher up the table with the money they have spent on players. We are where we are because we haven’t defended well at times and haven’t put good chances away. To me we are exactly where we should be. We can play very well and we can play very poorly too. We are an average mid table side in mid table. We are probably three quality players short of being consistently good to finish a few places higher.
I see we are on our downward on 15:55 - Apr 3 with 2048 viewsRon11

I see we are on our downward on 13:50 - Apr 3 by Saintsforeverj

We all hope we could be even higher and by some miracle we could have one really good year. But which clubs do you think we would get above? Look at the league table and compare their squads to ours. Who could we realistically get above?
Man City - no
Liverpool - no
Chelsea - no
Arsenal - no
Spurs - no
Man utd - no
These are all teams with stadiums and budgets much bigger than ours. Now look at the teams we are competing with who have spent a lot more money, Villa, West Ham, Everton, Newcastle, Leicester. Brighton even have spent a lot more than us and we are above them, Palace also right? In comparison with their squads and money spent, you complain that we are 11th?
Wolves who probably for one season only, are having a very good year. They won't next year, I doubt and even so I bet they finish no higher than 7th. Convince me that 11th isn't good enough and explain who we should be above and why, considering what they have spent. Next year, Newcastle will be another team impossible to keep up with. We hope yes, but I don't see how anyone can complain. Blame the money, blame the PL, not the managers of every other team who don't stand a chance.

Man City - Contained them twice this season, 0-0 and 1-1
Liverpool - Agreed, no very unlikely
Chelsea - Lost 1-4 at home yesterday to Brentford, 1-1 with Saints earlier in the season at S Bridge.
Arsenal- Inconsistent form, always a chance there.
Spurs - Didn't we just beat them at their ground 2-3 ?
Man Utd - ManU 1 Saints 1 at Old Trafford
These are all teams with budgets much bigger than ours yet apart from Liverpool & Arsenal we have matched them all this season, so it's possible. But the momentum builds up and Hassenhutl just suddenly changed it all, and down it all came.
As seen above they can match the best if the tactics and starting line ups are right.
So when he gets it right, why f*ck with it?
The potential is there.
I see we are on our downward on 16:09 - Apr 3 with 2031 viewsSaintsforeverj

I see we are on our downward on 15:55 - Apr 3 by Ron11

Chelsea - Lost 1-4 at home yesterday to Brentford, 1-1 with Saints earlier in the season at S Bridge.
These are all teams with budgets much bigger than ours yet apart from Liverpool & Arsenal we have matched them all this season, so it's possible. But the momentum builds up and Hassenhutl just suddenly changed it all, and down it all came.
As seen above they can match the best if the tactics and starting line ups are right.
The potential is there.

You have made the point that any team in the PL can get a one off result against anyone. Brentford drew with Liverpool and beat Arsenal, Watford beat Man U, Burnley beat Spurs and Palace beat Man City. None of those teams will finish anywhere near the team they beat in a one off game. It will still be the same top 4. I'm not sure what point you are making. I agree it's possible to get a result in a one off game.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2022 16:10]

I see we are on our downward on 16:17 - Apr 3 with 2009 viewsSaintsforeverj

I see we are on our downward on 16:52 - Apr 2 by kingslandstand1

Apologies, Kingsland, I pressed the wrong button at the bottom of your post when scrolling down and it said abuse reported. It was a mistake, nothing wrong with your post 😭

I see we are on our downward on 16:36 - Apr 3 with 1992 viewsSouthamptonfan

We drew with Man City and beat Spurs. We should be in the champions league at least. I expect a top 4 four f@cking finish.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

I see we are on our downward on 16:42 - Apr 3 with 1974 viewsButty101

I see we are on our downward on 16:09 - Apr 3 by Saintsforeverj

You have made the point that any team in the PL can get a one off result against anyone. Brentford drew with Liverpool and beat Arsenal, Watford beat Man U, Burnley beat Spurs and Palace beat Man City. None of those teams will finish anywhere near the team they beat in a one off game. It will still be the same top 4. I'm not sure what point you are making. I agree it's possible to get a result in a one off game.

Why drop Bednerek, Adams and Broja for the cup. Sureley you play your best team in the cup when you are playing Man City.
Why is it that Man city take the cup seriously yet we dont ?

I see we are on our downward on 17:09 - Apr 3 with 1953 viewsSaintsforeverj

I see we are on our downward on 16:42 - Apr 3 by Butty101

Why drop Bednerek, Adams and Broja for the cup. Sureley you play your best team in the cup when you are playing Man City.
Why is it that Man city take the cup seriously yet we dont ?

Two reasons I think as to why we keep doing this. Puel did this in Europe, Poch and Koeman did it as well when we got to the quarter finals. Remember that appalling quarter final defeat away at league one Sheff Utd? What a chance that was to progress. One reason is to give everyone a game otherwise they would never play. The other is that the league is where all the money is. As it happened, as soon as Adams and Broja came on in that City game, that's when it went wrong. They haven't been playing well recently either. Broja was poor yesterday. We would have had Liverpool at Wembley anyway, so we wouldn't have made the final. I agree that as a fan, we should play our best players in the cup, but other managers in the past rotated too, so don't be so sure that another manager would do anything different. It's money, money money. The cups don't matter to a club like us it seems, because the money is more important than the fans enjoyment of a Wembley visit.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2022 17:10]

I see we are on our downward on 17:13 - Apr 3 with 1940 viewsButty101

I see we are on our downward on 17:09 - Apr 3 by Saintsforeverj

Two reasons I think as to why we keep doing this. Puel did this in Europe, Poch and Koeman did it as well when we got to the quarter finals. Remember that appalling quarter final defeat away at league one Sheff Utd? What a chance that was to progress. One reason is to give everyone a game otherwise they would never play. The other is that the league is where all the money is. As it happened, as soon as Adams and Broja came on in that City game, that's when it went wrong. They haven't been playing well recently either. Broja was poor yesterday. We would have had Liverpool at Wembley anyway, so we wouldn't have made the final. I agree that as a fan, we should play our best players in the cup, but other managers in the past rotated too, so don't be so sure that another manager would do anything different. It's money, money money. The cups don't matter to a club like us it seems, because the money is more important than the fans enjoyment of a Wembley visit.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2022 17:10]

What is the point of saints existence then? If we dont want to win a cup and are never going to challenge at the top, whats the point?

I see we are on our downward on 17:21 - Apr 3 with 1932 viewssaintwizzler

I see we are on our downward on 17:13 - Apr 3 by Butty101

What is the point of saints existence then? If we dont want to win a cup and are never going to challenge at the top, whats the point?

Exactly

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

I see we are on our downward on 17:32 - Apr 3 with 1918 viewsSaintsforeverj

I agree and am frustrated as you are. It's the money and the top clubs who are ruining the game. It is indeed pointless for clubs like us. Us, Burnley, Everton even, Palace, Brentford, Brighton and so on are just making up the numbers. Apart from the odd freak season for a club, it won't change. But it is what it is. It will make little difference who the manager is. It will still be the same teams at the top. We just hope that one year we can get some luck and win a cup by some miracle.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2022 17:34]

I see we are on our downward on 17:34 - Apr 3 with 1911 viewsHeisenberg

The question should be what is the point of Premier League football. Outside of the top clubs the rest are just fodder. Man City have players on there bench worth more than some clubs. The only club that might join them are now Newcastle who are backed by the fascist Saudis.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

I see we are on our downward on 18:24 - Apr 3 with 1863 viewsRon11

I see we are on our downward on 16:09 - Apr 3 by Saintsforeverj

So Saints results against Tottenham, Man City (2), Man United are all one offs...with a bit more consistency and stability in the side we could be 5th or 6th is the point I'm making.
I see we are on our downward on 18:29 - Apr 3 with 1861 viewsRon11

I see we are on our downward on 17:34 - Apr 3 by Heisenberg

The question should be what is the point of Premier League football. Outside of the top clubs the rest are just fodder. Man City have players on there bench worth more than some clubs. The only club that might join them are now Newcastle who are backed by the fascist Saudis.

'Man City have players on their bench worth more than some clubs'
They still failed twice this season to beat Saints in the league.
How many other clubs can claim that?
The cup game was just thrown away....why?
I see we are on our downward on 18:30 - Apr 3 with 1861 viewsinthebox

If I remember Ralph explained his rational, Long and AA were chosen to play a high pressing fast tempo game, keeping city in their own as much as possible.
I see we are on our downward on 21:01 - Apr 3 with 1794 viewsElijahK

I see we are on our downward on 13:50 - Apr 3 by Saintsforeverj

Man City - no
Liverpool - no
Chelsea - no
Arsenal - no
Spurs - no
Man utd - no

Unfortunately saintsforever, many on here don’t know what realistic is, and seem to think that we’ve got the same budget as Man City, or even the likes of West Ham/Villa, so should be battling for Europe and getting into decent cup games!

As only people who don’t know what realistic is, complain about us getting to an FA cup quarter final (and loosing against arguably the best team in the world!), getting to the 4th round of the EFL cup (and loosing to the champions league winners who made the final), and finishing like 13th-9th, above at least 6 or so teams that spent more than us, as well as 2/3 of them having spent catastrophically more, with only like a max of 1 team finishing above us who’ve spent less.
As if that’s not good enough for a saints fan, then they’ve got a lot of realisation to do!

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

I see we are on our downward on 21:05 - Apr 3 with 1789 viewsElijahK

I see we are on our downward on 15:55 - Apr 3 by Ron11

The potential is there.

Ok but to be a big team you have to be consistent, and most of those teams have been consistent quite often. As both Spurs and Man City games were ones where we overperformed and they underperformed, hence why we got the results. But when they do perform and we have our usual game, we loose to them like we did against Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool as our squads aren’t anywhere near as good as there’s are. As Man U have been the only team that we players averagely against and got a readout both times, but they’ve just been poor this season, but just like the teams I named before, they make up for any underperformance by showing off and beating the teams in between us in the league, as well as doing better against some of the teams we’ve dropped points against this season (Norwich, Watford, Burnley etc) which is why they’re soo far ahead.

So yeah we may have had a few decent performances against them, but we’ve then had some poor ones where they haven’t which is why they’re soo much better

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024