Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
West Ham 00:50 - Apr 15 with 1460 viewsBicester_North

Even if you don’t like them you have to admit they had a cracking result tonight. When it’s a big 6 English club in Europe I usually couldn’t care less but I’d like them to win it, mainly because Moyes seems such a decent bloke who’s defied the critics to do a great job.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

West Ham on 06:46 - Apr 15 with 1374 viewssaintwizzler

Did Moyes use the well known tactic of playing two reserve forwards from the start to tire the opposition out then bring on the main strikers around the 60 minute mark?

Asking for an Austrian friend.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

West Ham on 08:21 - Apr 15 with 1309 viewsA1079

Completely agree Bicester. They did well and they and Moyes have had a good season and Moyes deserves a bit of success so I would be quite happy if they win it.

For me, Moyes and Vieira are the managers of the season in the PL.
West Ham on 09:00 - Apr 15 with 1288 viewsChesham_Saint

I agree too. I have a bit of a soft spot for West Ham (Bobby Moore and all that) and it’s great to see a non “big 6” side potentially achieve something.

Mind you, a final between Glasgow Rangers and West Ham could be a bit, er ‘tasty’….

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

West Ham on 09:19 - Apr 15 with 1272 viewsPatfromPoole

West Ham on 06:46 - Apr 15 by saintwizzler

Did Moyes use the well known tactic of playing two reserve forwards from the start to tire the opposition out then bring on the main strikers around the 60 minute mark?

Asking for an Austrian friend.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

West Ham on 09:36 - Apr 15 with 1250 views1teeminants

West Ham are having a great season but I wonder if they or indeed any other club outside of the regular top 6 and a club of our stature will manage to finish top 8 four years running like we did. It’s weird how hardly anyone mentions this.We should be proud of it .
[Post edited 15 Apr 2022 11:17]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

West Ham on 09:52 - Apr 15 with 1223 viewsSadoldgit

Weren’t we in for Bowen a while back? Shame we didn’t sign him. Perhaps David “I’m a winner” Moyes will finally win something? I hope not. My neighbour and my wife’s ex boss both support the ‘Ammers and both are arses.
West Ham on 11:10 - Apr 15 with 1162 viewsChesham_Saint

West Ham on 09:52 - Apr 15 by Sadoldgit

Weren’t we in for Bowen a while back? Shame we didn’t sign him. Perhaps David “I’m a winner” Moyes will finally win something? I hope not. My neighbour and my wife’s ex boss both support the ‘Ammers and both are arses.

Your wife's ex-boss? Is there a story you want to share there Soggsy, only I'm sensing a smidge of resentment?

West Ham on 11:21 - Apr 15 with 1151 viewsdirk_doone

West Ham on 09:36 - Apr 15 by 1teeminants

West Ham are having a great season but I wonder if they or indeed any other club outside of the regular top 6 and a club of our stature will manage to finish top 8 four years running like we did. It’s weird how hardly anyone mentions this.We should be proud of it .
[Post edited 15 Apr 2022 11:17]

Why should they? I know that was good for us but it's not as uncommon as you think for other clubs. Even Bolton did it and Everton did it 8 seasons running in 2014 and I honestly can't remember any of us discussing that at the time. So I wouldn't be at all surprised if West Ham did it in the next few years, especially now that they have a big stadium.

Reaching a European semi-final is a big step up from that. And, on top of that, Leicester - a similar sized club to Saints - have recently won both the Premier League and FA Cup. Now that is worth mentioning even by fans of other clubs.

Winning trophies is what ultimately attracts attention and, on that count, for a club of our size, we have arguably been the most underachieving team in the country. We are the nearly men of football: 16 major semi-finals, 6 finals and 6 runners-up spots in the league, and just 1 major trophy to show for it all. Under the circumstances, our fans have remained remarkably loyal.

If West Ham win their second European trophy, it will certainly get fans of other clubs talking and rightly so. I still remember when they won their last one and I've thoroughly enjoyed watching their Europa League games on TV this year. Good luck to them.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2022 14:28]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Login to get fewer ads

West Ham on 14:25 - Apr 15 with 1058 views1teeminants

West Ham on 11:21 - Apr 15 by dirk_doone

Why should they? I know that was good for us but it's not as uncommon as you think for other clubs. Even Bolton did it and Everton did it 8 seasons running in 2014 and I honestly can't remember any of us discussing that at the time. So I wouldn't be at all surprised if West Ham did it in the next few years, especially now that they have a big stadium.

Reaching a European semi-final is a big step up from that. And, on top of that, Leicester - a similar sized club to Saints - have recently won both the Premier League and FA Cup. Now that is worth mentioning even by fans of other clubs.

Winning trophies is what ultimately attracts attention and, on that count, for a club of our size, we have arguably been the most underachieving team in the country. We are the nearly men of football: 16 major semi-finals, 6 finals and 6 runners-up spots in the league, and just 1 major trophy to show for it all. Under the circumstances, our fans have remained remarkably loyal.

If West Ham win their second European trophy, it will certainly get fans of other clubs talking and rightly so. I still remember when they won their last one and I've thoroughly enjoyed watching their Europa League games on TV this year. Good luck to them.

Totally different periods and you know that. Bolton achieved it when there was far less money in the game . Everton are a bigger club than us anyway , I said clubs of our stature and size. The fact that we did it four years running including 6 th should be admired. Leicester have done a fantastic job and I admire them and yes I’m jealous , it shows it can be done . They’ve bought and sold very well over the years.

West Ham have done very well but I couldn’t give a toss about any club apart from Saints so excuse me from not salvinating over them . I’m surprised you’re even dismissing what Saints did. Yes we all know Saints have underachieved winning only one major trophy but dismissing four top 8 finishes is ridiculous because it won’t get better than that for clubs of our size ( Leicester was a one off) in this day and age so yes we should be proud.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

West Ham on 15:01 - Apr 15 with 1020 viewsSadoldgit

West Ham on 11:10 - Apr 15 by Chesham_Saint

Your wife's ex-boss? Is there a story you want to share there Soggsy, only I'm sensing a smidge of resentment?

Not as exciting as you might hope Chesh. She is female and a grade A bully. Most people only last a few months but my wife, who is a very tolerant soul as I am sure you can imagine being married to me, lasted 3 years before she succumbed to a breakdown. We knew them socially before the misses went to work for her and that is probably why she lasted so long. There were only 3 in the office, the other being the bosses partner who she treats like sh it. He just gets his head down and let’s the abuse ride over him, when she started to do the same to my wife she wasn’t prepared for it and it really hit her for six. So nothing juicy I’m afraid!
West Ham on 19:51 - Apr 15 with 930 viewsChesham_Saint

West Ham on 15:01 - Apr 15 by Sadoldgit

Not as exciting as you might hope Chesh. She is female and a grade A bully. Most people only last a few months but my wife, who is a very tolerant soul as I am sure you can imagine being married to me, lasted 3 years before she succumbed to a breakdown. We knew them socially before the misses went to work for her and that is probably why she lasted so long. There were only 3 in the office, the other being the bosses partner who she treats like sh it. He just gets his head down and let’s the abuse ride over him, when she started to do the same to my wife she wasn’t prepared for it and it really hit her for six. So nothing juicy I’m afraid!

Sorry to hear that Sogs. All the best to your wife. Bullying in the work place (or indeed anywhere) is just so wrong.

West Ham on 12:49 - Apr 16 with 787 viewsSadoldgit

West Ham on 19:51 - Apr 15 by Chesham_Saint

Sorry to hear that Sogs. All the best to your wife. Bullying in the work place (or indeed anywhere) is just so wrong.

Thanks matey. I couldn’t agree more, especially in this day and age when we are supposed to be more mindful of these things. In her final years at the CPS she experienced buying too, and that was in a senior job! Fortunately she is now working for a small local family firm who are really nice people and she is back on an even keel. Throw in the menopause and she has had a rocky few years bless her. Still, no one said life was supposed to be easy 😉. Bit like supporting Saints 😂
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024