Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Same teams in the final 18:44 - Apr 17 with 1724 viewsSaintsforeverj

The same two teams in the Fa Cup final as the League Cup final. Exciting times. We would have gone out just like Palace have. It's the same teams yet again.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2022 18:45]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Same teams in the final on 19:01 - Apr 17 with 1636 viewsdirk_doone

Leicester are the current holders. They beat us in the semi-final less than a year ago.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Same teams in the final on 19:05 - Apr 17 with 1622 viewsSaintsforeverj

Same teams in the final on 19:01 - Apr 17 by dirk_doone

Leicester are the current holders. They beat us in the semi-final less than a year ago.

It's a Liverpool Chelsea final as it was for the other cup. Are you saying that the final could easily be Burnley v Brighton twice or Leicester v West Ham twice? It's always Chelsea, Liverpool, Man U, Man City or Arsenal in the final nearly every year.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2022 19:06]

Same teams in the final on 19:06 - Apr 17 with 1612 viewshedgeend61

With the Final being Sat 14th, guessing the Scousers game at SMS will be moved to Tues 17 or Wed 18th.
Same teams in the final on 19:09 - Apr 17 with 1594 viewsSaintsforeverj

Same teams in the final on 19:06 - Apr 17 by hedgeend61

With the Final being Sat 14th, guessing the Scousers game at SMS will be moved to Tues 17 or Wed 18th.

It will definitely be re arranged to an evening game now.

Same teams in the final on 19:15 - Apr 17 with 1582 viewsDorsetIan

It's time to kick the teams in the Champions League and Europa League out of the League Cup.

The sponsors would maybe resist it, but strip out those top six teams and you'd have a much more interesting competition. And give some of the Premier League also rans something to play for.

Winners in the last 20 years:

3 Liverpool
3 Chelsea
4 Man U
6 Man City and

1 each for Spurs, Boro, Birmingham and Swansea

Boring....

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Same teams in the final on 19:24 - Apr 17 with 1566 viewsSaintsforeverj

Same teams in the final on 19:15 - Apr 17 by DorsetIan

It's time to kick the teams in the Champions League and Europa League out of the League Cup.

The sponsors would maybe resist it, but strip out those top six teams and you'd have a much more interesting competition. And give some of the Premier League also rans something to play for.

Winners in the last 20 years:

3 Liverpool
3 Chelsea
4 Man U
6 Man City and

1 each for Spurs, Boro, Birmingham and Swansea

Boring....

Totally agree Ian. We need a cup that other teams can win. Kick out the top 6.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2022 19:24]

Same teams in the final on 19:30 - Apr 17 with 1546 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.topendsports.com/events/soccer/fa-cup/winners.htm

Scroll through this list to about 30 years ago and continue back in time. There were lots of different teams appearing in the final. Compare to now.

Same teams in the final on 19:45 - Apr 17 with 1532 viewsPatfromPoole

Same teams in the final on 19:24 - Apr 17 by Saintsforeverj

The Zenith Data Systems Cup, ja?

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Login to get fewer ads

Same teams in the final on 19:53 - Apr 17 with 1505 viewskingslandstand1

Same teams in the final on 19:06 - Apr 17 by hedgeend61

I'd rather the game was brought forward rather than after so they may have rested a few, but the league would never do that so as to disadvantage them
Same teams in the final on 20:02 - Apr 17 with 1478 viewskingslandstand1

Same teams in the final on 19:24 - Apr 17 by Saintsforeverj

I can see exactly where you're coming from, but it would totally devalue winning the cup. While I dislike the thought that our chances are pretty slim of winning, there is always that chance. We've had a semi and quarter final, and even a final in comparative recent years so we must keep that dream going however little that chance is
Same teams in the final on 20:03 - Apr 17 with 1478 viewsSaintsforeverj

Same teams in the final on 19:45 - Apr 17 by PatfromPoole

I think the league cup, where most top teams play reserves would be a good cup for the top 6 to pull out of. They all play reserves until the final rounds then they win it with their first team in the final.

Same teams in the final on 20:06 - Apr 17 with 1472 viewsDorsetIan

Same teams in the final on 19:45 - Apr 17 by PatfromPoole

No, that one was limited to just the top two leagues. And it was before the days of such a dominant top 6.

You don't like the idea?

Same teams in the final on 20:10 - Apr 17 with 1472 viewsSaintsforeverj

Same teams in the final on 20:02 - Apr 17 by kingslandstand1

I can see exactly where you're coming from, but it would totally devalue winning the cup. While I dislike the thought that our chances are pretty slim of winning, there is always that chance. We've had a semi and quarter final, and even a final in comparative recent years so we must keep that dream going however little that chance is

I used to think that for a while, that winning a cup without facing the top teams does devalue it, I know what you mean, but I'm fed up of it being the same teams. We all knew Palace wouldn't make it to the final and we all.know had we by some miracle beat Man City, we wouldn't have beaten Liverpool at Wembley in the semi. Like the super league, I have come to the conclusion that it's just becoming impossible to get anywhere, and something needs to be done. Let them go is my view now. When thinking about it, the JPT cup final was a great day out, I didn't enjoy it any less because it was a lesser cup. 50 thousand Saints fans at Wembley was joyful and we just won't get it again as things stand or as you say, it's very unlikely.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2022 20:12]

Same teams in the final on 20:38 - Apr 17 with 1425 viewshedgeend61

Same teams in the final on 19:53 - Apr 17 by kingslandstand1

I'd rather the game was brought forward rather than after so they may have rested a few, but the league would never do that so as to disadvantage them

https://www.skysports.com/liverpool-fixtures/2021-22

Impossible, only gap left for them till end of season.

You lost the league, you lost the league, at St Mary's, you lost the league at St Mary's.

How cool would that be

Only downside being them Champion League moneybag chokers win it, and Queen Blue comes back. It's Lose Lose really.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2022 20:45]
Same teams in the final on 21:03 - Apr 17 with 1391 viewsDorsetIan

Same teams in the final on 20:10 - Apr 17 by Saintsforeverj

I used to think that for a while, that winning a cup without facing the top teams does devalue it, I know what you mean, but I'm fed up of it being the same teams. We all knew Palace wouldn't make it to the final and we all.know had we by some miracle beat Man City, we wouldn't have beaten Liverpool at Wembley in the semi. Like the super league, I have come to the conclusion that it's just becoming impossible to get anywhere, and something needs to be done. Let them go is my view now. When thinking about it, the JPT cup final was a great day out, I didn't enjoy it any less because it was a lesser cup. 50 thousand Saints fans at Wembley was joyful and we just won't get it again as things stand or as you say, it's very unlikely.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2022 20:12]

This is where I am. It's just become too boring.

And who really cares about 'devaluation'. A cup win, particularly at Wembley, is still a win. The winners of the Checkatrade, FA Trophy and FA Vase don't worry about the bigger clubs not allowed into their comps, and there would still be the FA Cup where there's a chance to beat everyone.

Is the Europa League not worth winning because the Champions League clubs aren't in it? I don't see Rangers and West Ham complaining.

Same teams in the final on 11:01 - Apr 18 with 1121 viewsSaintNick

Same teams in the final on 21:03 - Apr 17 by DorsetIan

This is where I am. It's just become too boring.

And who really cares about 'devaluation'. A cup win, particularly at Wembley, is still a win. The winners of the Checkatrade, FA Trophy and FA Vase don't worry about the bigger clubs not allowed into their comps, and there would still be the FA Cup where there's a chance to beat everyone.

Is the Europa League not worth winning because the Champions League clubs aren't in it? I don't see Rangers and West Ham complaining.

I agree with you football needs revamping , let the big clubs join a European Super league, but only of they leave the premier league, but they dont want to do that as they want their cake and eat it, the multi millions from the Premier league AND the multi millions from the ESL.

Once they are gone then perhaps the premier league will be competitive, although the problem could be that only 4 or 5 could go so some rich clubs would still be in the Premier League and therefore we might have another domination by the likes of Villa, Newcastle, Everton etc who won't get in the ESL.

As you said if the FA cup didnt have the big clubs in it and the final was say Saints V Palace we wouldnt care

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024