Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adam Armstrong 20:44 - Apr 30 with 3467 viewsPatfromPoole

Something odd going on here.

Shane surely isn’t staying beyond the end of the season.

How does he keep getting in the team ahead of Adam Armstrong?

I can only assume that either there’s been a falling-out or there is some serious issue that has been kept quiet.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Adam Armstrong on 20:47 - Apr 30 with 2585 viewsSaintsforeverj

You're right it does seem odd. Ralph even played Redmond up front out of position instead of bringing on Armstrong. Playing a midfielder up front instead of a recognized striker is strange.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Adam Armstrong on 23:29 - Apr 30 with 2446 viewsMessysaints

Adam Armstrong on 20:47 - Apr 30 by Saintsforeverj

You're right it does seem odd. Ralph even played Redmond up front out of position instead of bringing on Armstrong. Playing a midfielder up front instead of a recognized striker is strange.

i thought he was a winger, forward, and a 2nd striker? so surely he can play uptop....
Adam Armstrong on 07:23 - May 1 with 2319 viewssaint68

Ralph preferred McCarthy until he was unable to play

He fell out with S Armstrong and didn't play him for weeks

Our player of the season was played out of position and dropped on occasions for no reason at all

We changed our shape to stop our top scorer from scoring

We made nine changes and completely derailed our season

And we've suffered more off the ball injuries this season than I can remember

We have completely forgotten how to defend

If that Austrian clown stays for next season we can look forward to a home and away Pompey clash by 2025/2026

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Adam Armstrong on 09:30 - May 1 with 2220 viewsRon11

Adam Armstrong on 07:23 - May 1 by saint68

Our player of the season was played out of position and dropped on occasions for no reason at all

If that Austrian clown stays for next season we can look forward to a home and away Pompey clash by 2025/2026

It would have been better if Danny Rohl had stayed and he fu cked off back to Germany or Austria.
Adam Armstrong on 09:45 - May 1 with 2194 viewssaint68

Adam Armstrong on 09:30 - May 1 by Ron11

It would have been better if Danny Rohl had stayed and he fu cked off back to Germany or Austria.

Yep, I'd agree with you on that mate.

Adam Armstrong on 12:44 - May 1 with 2125 viewsSadoldgit

Ok, I’ll bite. How do you know that he fell out with Armstrong? He had a bad calf injury and he still isn’t back to his best.
KWP is a better left back than Perraud and Livramento has been excellent for much of this season at right back. Plenty of Prem managers play right footed players on the left, it is not exclusive to Ralph.
At one point yesterday during live scores we were 9th. Most of us realistic supporters would snatch your hand off for that and a good cup run this season. You make it sound like we are Norwich. Yes, we have been inconsistent this season but for a club of our size and with our limited resources what do you expect?
[Post edited 1 May 2022 12:49]
Adam Armstrong on 12:54 - May 1 with 2111 viewsI_would

Adam Armstrong on 12:44 - May 1 by Sadoldgit

Ok, I’ll bite. How do you know that he fell out with Armstrong? He had a bad calf injury and he still isn’t back to his best.
KWP is a better left back than Perraud and Livramento has been excellent for much of this season at right back. Plenty of Prem managers play right footed players on the left, it is not exclusive to Ralph.
At one point yesterday during live scores we were 9th. Most of us realistic supporters would snatch your hand off for that and a good cup run this season. You make it sound like we are Norwich. Yes, we have been inconsistent this season but for a club of our size and with our limited resources what do you expect?
[Post edited 1 May 2022 12:49]

Was you granddad a violin player on the Titanic?

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Adam Armstrong on 13:03 - May 1 with 2098 viewsgreen

At Saints (probably at other clubs too), the more you don’t play seems to raise your ability according to many.

I thought Long worked hard yesterday, not something you could say about many others. Dropping Broja to the bench and hoping he’d come off and do well and everyone would be praising the manager.

If he’d brought on Armstrong instead and we’d still lost everyone would be saying he should have brought in Broja instead. I’m not saying the manager doesn’t make mistakes but I still back him.
Login to get fewer ads

Adam Armstrong on 13:16 - May 1 with 2087 viewsSadoldgit

Adam Armstrong on 12:54 - May 1 by I_would

Was you granddad a violin player on the Titanic?

If he was it would be unlikely that I would be here wouldn’t it I would? Whilst we are in the realms of fantasy speculation though, I’m guessing your grandfather would be the iceberg.
[Post edited 1 May 2022 13:18]
Adam Armstrong on 13:20 - May 1 with 2082 viewsSaintsforeverj

Adam Armstrong on 13:03 - May 1 by green

At Saints (probably at other clubs too), the more you don’t play seems to raise your ability according to many.

I thought Long worked hard yesterday, not something you could say about many others. Dropping Broja to the bench and hoping he’d come off and do well and everyone would be praising the manager.

If he’d brought on Armstrong instead and we’d still lost everyone would be saying he should have brought in Broja instead. I’m not saying the manager doesn’t make mistakes but I still back him.

I agree with this. Long works dam hard and got us the free kick that lead to a corner, resulting in our goal. Adam Armstrong has been really poor. I would like to see him given a chance sure, but he has been a headless chicken so understand why he isn't playing. Broja has downed tools, so he played Long instead. Ralph is facing the same difficulties every manager faces at a club with average players like ours. They try everything possible, sometimes bizarre decisions, but it's the same as it was for our previous managers, desperate attempts to make a silk purse out if a pig's ear, trying different things to get results.
[Post edited 1 May 2022 13:24]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Adam Armstrong on 13:51 - May 1 with 2046 viewskingolaf

I was told yesterday that Stuart Armstrong had fallen out with the manager.
Adam Armstrong on 18:16 - May 1 with 1927 viewsRon11

Adam Armstrong on 13:20 - May 1 by Saintsforeverj

I agree with this. Long works dam hard and got us the free kick that lead to a corner, resulting in our goal. Adam Armstrong has been really poor. I would like to see him given a chance sure, but he has been a headless chicken so understand why he isn't playing. Broja has downed tools, so he played Long instead. Ralph is facing the same difficulties every manager faces at a club with average players like ours. They try everything possible, sometimes bizarre decisions, but it's the same as it was for our previous managers, desperate attempts to make a silk purse out if a pig's ear, trying different things to get results.
[Post edited 1 May 2022 13:24]

Broja has downed tools, and despite as you say Long's work rate was excellent, he still took him off and brought Broja on.
As has already been said on here, he's always reactive, not proactive in his decisions. it's like, 'oh shit, what do I do now, they've scored - let's try this or let's throw this at it'.
Adam Armstrong on 09:22 - May 3 with 1725 viewsPatfromPoole

Social media advises me that we have to pay more cash to Blackburn if Adam Armstrong plays another game for us this season. Which could explain his absence.

Would be interesting to know how much if true.

Adam Armstrong on 09:54 - May 3 with 1695 viewsSadoldgit

Adam Armstrong on 13:51 - May 1 by kingolaf

I was told yesterday that Stuart Armstrong had fallen out with the manager.

By whom? Saint68 and Ron11? There are dozens of rumours going around all the time, it doesn’t mean they are true. Some factual evidence would be nice.
Adam Armstrong on 10:48 - May 3 with 1654 viewsSonicBoom

Nick talks about the definition of madness being repeating the same things and expecting a different result. Well playing Long up front and then replacing him with Redmond is precisely that. Neither are finishers and neither scored. Who thought they would?

It is baffling and I wish Ralph would explain it. Armstrongs attitude always seems good when he comes off the bench, he's even had some decent games but was dropped for the next match. But playing every man and his dog in front of Armstrong in games that are essentially meaningless is very strange.
Adam Armstrong on 10:58 - May 3 with 1641 viewsBuggalugs

Adam Armstrong on 09:54 - May 3 by Sadoldgit

By whom? Saint68 and Ron11? There are dozens of rumours going around all the time, it doesn’t mean they are true. Some factual evidence would be nice.

Of course it doesn't, but it's a bit rich coming from someone who accepts hearsay as factual evidence for any negative rumours related to the Tory party.

People believe what they want to believe.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Adam Armstrong on 11:42 - May 3 with 1597 viewsSadoldgit

It took Che Adams a while to acclimatise himself to Prem football ( you could argue that he still isn’t there yet) and it looks like it will be the same for Adam Armstrong. Didn’t some stats recently show that he is now taking half a second more on average in getting his shots away? The conclusion was that he is not shooting instinctively as much as he did last season. How you coach that out of someone out of normal game time I don’t have a clue, but clearly he hasn’t been the replacement for Ings that we were expecting yet. Redmond and Long are not regular goalscorers but then neither is Armstrong this season. Broja’s goals have dried up. Che Adams needs more chances to score and isn’t getting those opportunities. What do you do? People were calling for changes are Ralph has tried to tweak some things but without success. A number of our goals have come from midfield and perhaps he has hoped that playing Long or Redmond upfront it would help provide chances for JWP, Romeu, Stuey or Ely? Stuey was wildly off target with 2 chances after he came on and JWP scuffed a good chance well wide. We seriously miss the type of goals that Ings used to put away. If Adam Armstrong isn’t the answer (and who’s to say that he will up his game next season) then unless we find a consistent goalscorer in the summer, be ready for more of the same next season.
Adam Armstrong on 11:48 - May 3 with 1588 viewsPatfromPoole

Adam Armstrong on 11:42 - May 3 by Sadoldgit

It took Che Adams a while to acclimatise himself to Prem football ( you could argue that he still isn’t there yet) and it looks like it will be the same for Adam Armstrong. Didn’t some stats recently show that he is now taking half a second more on average in getting his shots away? The conclusion was that he is not shooting instinctively as much as he did last season. How you coach that out of someone out of normal game time I don’t have a clue, but clearly he hasn’t been the replacement for Ings that we were expecting yet. Redmond and Long are not regular goalscorers but then neither is Armstrong this season. Broja’s goals have dried up. Che Adams needs more chances to score and isn’t getting those opportunities. What do you do? People were calling for changes are Ralph has tried to tweak some things but without success. A number of our goals have come from midfield and perhaps he has hoped that playing Long or Redmond upfront it would help provide chances for JWP, Romeu, Stuey or Ely? Stuey was wildly off target with 2 chances after he came on and JWP scuffed a good chance well wide. We seriously miss the type of goals that Ings used to put away. If Adam Armstrong isn’t the answer (and who’s to say that he will up his game next season) then unless we find a consistent goalscorer in the summer, be ready for more of the same next season.

Is it possible to stick to a max of 2 sentences per paragraph, sir?

It hurts my eyes otherwise.

Apologies.

Adam Armstrong on 12:46 - May 3 with 1541 viewsMytchettSaint

Adam Armstrong on 11:42 - May 3 by Sadoldgit

Ings goals dried up at the end of last season if memory serves me correctly.

If the team isn’t creating chances as it’s not brave enough/happy to check back, then even the best centre forwards would struggle for goals.

But starting with Long and then Redmond up there is just bewildering. If I was the next young hotshot looking for a chance in the premier league I’d think twice about signing up for more Ralphball (the streaky spell aside) next season.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Adam Armstrong on 12:50 - May 3 with 1537 viewskingolaf

Adam Armstrong on 09:54 - May 3 by Sadoldgit

Didn’t say it was true, just that I had been told. It was from someone at the club.
Adam Armstrong on 13:46 - May 3 with 1485 viewsSaintNick

£ 1/2 years ago when Ralph Hasenhuttl arrived at this club, we were in the bottom 3 and had just sacked our 3rd manager in 18 months and in the previous season had fought a relegation battle that with 3 games to go looked a forlorn hope.

Yet in this time the "Austrian Clown" has kept us in the top flight, not taken part in a relegation battle and taken us to an FA Cup semi final and also a quarter final..

He has done so with one of the lowest budgets in the Premier League and with the b urden of a number of players being paid high wages whilst not actually playing for us.

Yes he has made mistakes, but would there be one of you out there back in December 2018 when he was appointed who would have been unhappy if you were told we would still be in the top flight in May 2022. ?

If we had won on Saturday we would be 10th today, its a thin line between being a top half of the table manager and an Austrian Clown, I sometimes think a reality check is needed.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Adam Armstrong on 14:12 - May 3 with 1454 viewsTripleNiemi

Adam Armstrong on 13:46 - May 3 by SaintNick

£ 1/2 years ago when Ralph Hasenhuttl arrived at this club, we were in the bottom 3 and had just sacked our 3rd manager in 18 months and in the previous season had fought a relegation battle that with 3 games to go looked a forlorn hope.

Yet in this time the "Austrian Clown" has kept us in the top flight, not taken part in a relegation battle and taken us to an FA Cup semi final and also a quarter final..

He has done so with one of the lowest budgets in the Premier League and with the b urden of a number of players being paid high wages whilst not actually playing for us.

Yes he has made mistakes, but would there be one of you out there back in December 2018 when he was appointed who would have been unhappy if you were told we would still be in the top flight in May 2022. ?

If we had won on Saturday we would be 10th today, its a thin line between being a top half of the table manager and an Austrian Clown, I sometimes think a reality check is needed.

Wasting your time here Nick......

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Adam Armstrong on 15:27 - May 3 with 1400 viewssaint68

Adam Armstrong on 13:46 - May 3 by SaintNick

The reality is he fuks about too much with his decision making..he bewilders not only the support but the players too...

I love this constant beaten wife syndrome that apparently we all have to adhere to be a true Saints fan...don't hope or dream of better years..just shelter in our pigeon hole of happy to be in the Premier league Sir.

Ralph has embarrassed this club irreparably in his tenure..gone on record breaking losing runs..but oh no..don't knock the clown...

We never get a live game on TV without the nine nil comments....he's stained our clubs history Nick .that's his legacy

Adam Armstrong on 15:37 - May 3 with 1384 viewsSadoldgit

Adam Armstrong on 12:50 - May 3 by kingolaf

Didn’t say it was true, just that I had been told. It was from someone at the club.

It could be true, it’s just that, over the years I have heard many such rumours, often from someone within the club, and the rumours have turned out to be not true or grossly over exaggerated. It is not unusual for players and managers to fall out, especially during stressful periods of poor results. You would hope that they would all be professional enough to put their differences aside on match days and do their best for the club.
Adam Armstrong on 15:54 - May 3 with 1374 viewspjt50

Adam Armstrong on 15:27 - May 3 by saint68

The reality is he fuks about too much with his decision making..he bewilders not only the support but the players too...

I love this constant beaten wife syndrome that apparently we all have to adhere to be a true Saints fan...don't hope or dream of better years..just shelter in our pigeon hole of happy to be in the Premier league Sir.

Ralph has embarrassed this club irreparably in his tenure..gone on record breaking losing runs..but oh no..don't knock the clown...

We never get a live game on TV without the nine nil comments....he's stained our clubs history Nick .that's his legacy

As Ralph often says in his press conferences, supporters dream about a place in Europe or winning a cup but to expect it for a club of our size is just unrealistic.

A change of manager may improve our finishing position by a place or two if we're lucky, but could just as easily result in a downward spiral. I know what I'd prefer.
[Post edited 3 May 2022 16:14]

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024