Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
State Opening Of Parliament 09:18 - May 10 with 892 viewsSaintNick

The queen will miss it, at 96 I'm not sure that she has the health anymore to be able to take on Royal duties,, whatever you think of Prince Charles and the monarchy, I think it is time to step down before she is worked to death

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

State Opening Of Parliament on 09:25 - May 10 with 882 viewsSadoldgit

From what she has said in the past, she will not abdicate and will die in office. The poor old dear looks like she hasn’t got much longer left. I guess they are trying to keep her going to see through the jubilee. No reason why Charles and William can’t cover the appearances between them and only wheel her out when she is up to it and it is absolutely necessary.
State Opening Of Parliament on 09:28 - May 10 with 881 viewsSaintNick

State Opening Of Parliament on 09:25 - May 10 by Sadoldgit

From what she has said in the past, she will not abdicate and will die in office. The poor old dear looks like she hasn’t got much longer left. I guess they are trying to keep her going to see through the jubilee. No reason why Charles and William can’t cover the appearances between them and only wheel her out when she is up to it and it is absolutely necessary.

Agreed, but those around her perhaps need to persuade her to take a step back

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

State Opening Of Parliament on 09:54 - May 10 with 864 viewsdwayne_dibley

State Opening Of Parliament on 09:25 - May 10 by Sadoldgit

Probably has an enhanced "Death in Service" Benefit she wants to cash in on

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

State Opening Of Parliament on 09:59 - May 10 with 854 viewsSonicBoom

It is common practice. It is called the Shane Long Protocol.
State Opening Of Parliament on 10:30 - May 10 with 824 viewsSadoldgit

State Opening Of Parliament on 09:28 - May 10 by SaintNick

Agreed, but those around her perhaps need to persuade her to take a step back

I think that is her problem Nick, with her “mobility problems” she can’t take a step anywhere!
State Opening Of Parliament on 00:47 - May 11 with 695 viewsdarthvader

I was in london the last couple of days . Saw the magnificent MUSE at the Hammersmith Apollo , and today mosied on down to the house of commons to see the Queen only to be told that thankfully she stayed in bed . Bless her . I did see the two HRHs in her place though so the trip wasnt for nothing .

I agree as said above by others that she needs to rest or retire asap after the jubilee after a life time of service( obv the most memorable for her was presenting the 1976 FACUP to the winners ). Our Queen deserves i fitting tribute and then to rest easy .

keep the faith coyr

State Opening Of Parliament on 08:51 - May 11 with 606 viewssaint901

We should retire the whole of the monarchy when she gives up her post voluntarily or otherwise.

That family is hardly a moral or ethical beacon we can look up to and respect as something to aspire to. There is a whole battalion of hangers on who should also be forced to look for gainful employment.

And yes I can already hear the "lifetime of service", "hard working", "think of the tourists" nonsense being typed in response.

The monarchy and its outdated elevation of people above others by accident of birth has had its day and it's time to move on.
State Opening Of Parliament on 11:45 - May 11 with 583 viewsdwayne_dibley

State Opening Of Parliament on 08:51 - May 11 by saint901

We should retire the whole of the monarchy when she gives up her post voluntarily or otherwise.

That family is hardly a moral or ethical beacon we can look up to and respect as something to aspire to. There is a whole battalion of hangers on who should also be forced to look for gainful employment.

And yes I can already hear the "lifetime of service", "hard working", "think of the tourists" nonsense being typed in response.

The monarchy and its outdated elevation of people above others by accident of birth has had its day and it's time to move on.

we could take a leaf out of the French book and hold public guillotine sessions for the monarchy. Netflix would wet themselves for the streaming rights

Could also do a special for the royal corgis with Ant & Dec hosting a telethon to pick the order

Login to get fewer ads

State Opening Of Parliament on 13:54 - May 11 with 539 viewsChesham_Saint

State Opening Of Parliament on 11:45 - May 11 by dwayne_dibley

we could take a leaf out of the French book and hold public guillotine sessions for the monarchy. Netflix would wet themselves for the streaming rights

Could also do a special for the royal corgis with Ant & Dec hosting a telethon to pick the order

Do us a favour and start with the republicans on here….

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

State Opening Of Parliament on 14:08 - May 11 with 531 viewsBazza

State Opening Of Parliament on 13:54 - May 11 by Chesham_Saint

just you carry on bowing and scraping to the zillions of aristos ..........
State Opening Of Parliament on 14:24 - May 11 with 517 viewsChesham_Saint

State Opening Of Parliament on 14:08 - May 11 by Bazza

just you carry on bowing and scraping to the zillions of aristos ..........

Zillions of aristos? Really? Because there are absolutely no elites in a republic…

Bowing and scraping? Yeah, right.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

State Opening Of Parliament on 19:00 - May 11 with 462 viewsdwayne_dibley

State Opening Of Parliament on 13:54 - May 11 by Chesham_Saint

as far as I am concerned they would be first in the queue for the chop

Joking aside, The Queen is a great person who great for the UK. Her devotion to duty should inspire us all.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024