Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton Unity needed Now With Safety Assured 06:25 - May 16 with 1404 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/57790/southampton-unity-

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton Unity needed Now With Safety Assured on 08:06 - May 16 with 1311 views1teeminants

Yes we all want unity. Most Saints fans are realistic. We know we’re not going to win the league, we’re unlikely to get top 8 ,although it’s possible. Realistically at the moment it’s top 10. What we are pretty fed up with is seeing the likes of Leicester, Wolves ,West ham etc all clubs that we’ve been on an even keel with in recent past years become much bigger due to proper investment and ambition. We just want what they’ve got, ie to compete to win a cup , to improve yearly , to show ambition, to not sell all our stars. It really isn’t too much to ask for fans that year in year out buy season tickets and expect some excitement and progression from the club we all love. Let’s hope the owners can put us on the right track. I quite like the idea of buying good young hungry players. It worked well with Broja and Tino but I also think we need some good proven experienced pros .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Southampton Unity needed Now With Safety Assured on 08:13 - May 16 with 1294 viewssaint22

Southampton Unity needed Now With Safety Assured on 08:06 - May 16 by 1teeminants

Yes we all want unity. Most Saints fans are realistic. We know we’re not going to win the league, we’re unlikely to get top 8 ,although it’s possible. Realistically at the moment it’s top 10. What we are pretty fed up with is seeing the likes of Leicester, Wolves ,West ham etc all clubs that we’ve been on an even keel with in recent past years become much bigger due to proper investment and ambition. We just want what they’ve got, ie to compete to win a cup , to improve yearly , to show ambition, to not sell all our stars. It really isn’t too much to ask for fans that year in year out buy season tickets and expect some excitement and progression from the club we all love. Let’s hope the owners can put us on the right track. I quite like the idea of buying good young hungry players. It worked well with Broja and Tino but I also think we need some good proven experienced pros .

exactly this
years of us trying to do things cheaply is getting tiresome and annoying and shows us taking 1 step forward and 2 back
we know we don't have the cash to challenge for the top 6 but if you pay peanuts you get monkeys and we have too many of them
Southampton Unity needed Now With Safety Assured on 08:14 - May 16 with 1293 viewsstmichael

Yes ALL for unity but only after I’ve seen the players do the basics after I’ve spent Norrh of £100 on a day out to watch them.
If they can’t TRY or MARK from set pieces week in week out then I hope they continue to get the stick they deserve.

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

Southampton Unity needed Now With Safety Assured on 09:19 - May 16 with 1228 viewsButty101

What a crap article.

The last 36 games do count and 2/3 of them have been poor.

The club needs to do what its done well for the last 10years. We had one purple spell when we came up with good players, then Ron managed to find another batch. Since then we have spunked a fortune and not found any diamonds. We need to get away from that model and look for experience.
The noises coming out of the club sugggest the purse strings wont be loosened. Of course we have a decent amount of surplus transfer money from last summer but that will have vanished into the ethios.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Southampton Unity needed Now With Safety Assured on 09:30 - May 16 with 1207 viewssaints__fan__73

Southampton Unity needed Now With Safety Assured on 09:19 - May 16 by Butty101

What a crap article.

The last 36 games do count and 2/3 of them have been poor.

The club needs to do what its done well for the last 10years. We had one purple spell when we came up with good players, then Ron managed to find another batch. Since then we have spunked a fortune and not found any diamonds. We need to get away from that model and look for experience.
The noises coming out of the club sugggest the purse strings wont be loosened. Of course we have a decent amount of surplus transfer money from last summer but that will have vanished into the ethios.

Typical Illingsworth defend the owners at all costs stuff I'm afraid.

I think his editorials peaked when he implored us all to buy replica kits to help the club have more money.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Southampton Unity needed Now With Safety Assured on 10:02 - May 16 with 1188 viewspjt50

Southampton Unity needed Now With Safety Assured on 08:06 - May 16 by 1teeminants

For every Leicester, Wolves or West Ham there's a Forest, Sheffield Wednesday or Sunderland languishing in the lower reaches. Why is Saints' rightful place in the first group rather than the second?

We all hope for better. I hope to win the lottery but I don't whinge if I don't.

The majority of clubs of our size in the PL/EFL would be over the moon if they'd enjoyed the level of success that we have over the past 10 years.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Southampton Unity needed Now With Safety Assured on 10:16 - May 16 with 1163 viewsJaySaint

Southampton Unity needed Now With Safety Assured on 10:02 - May 16 by pjt50

For every Leicester, Wolves or West Ham there's a Forest, Sheffield Wednesday or Sunderland languishing in the lower reaches. Why is Saints' rightful place in the first group rather than the second?

We all hope for better. I hope to win the lottery but I don't whinge if I don't.

The majority of clubs of our size in the PL/EFL would be over the moon if they'd enjoyed the level of success that we have over the past 10 years.

What level of success have we had?

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Southampton Unity needed Now With Safety Assured on 10:18 - May 16 with 1162 views1885_SFC

Thanks for your input on the UI this morning Mr Martin Semmens.

Old School is Cool

Login to get fewer ads

Southampton Unity needed Now With Safety Assured on 10:22 - May 16 with 1159 viewssaints__fan__73

Depends what you mean by level of success.

If it's just judged by surviving then ok, but in terms of actual games of football won I would venture we would be near the bottom of the 92 League clubs over the past 5 seasons.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Southampton Unity needed Now With Safety Assured on 10:34 - May 16 with 1146 viewspjt50

Southampton Unity needed Now With Safety Assured on 10:16 - May 16 by JaySaint

What level of success have we had?

Unbroken run in the best league in the world.
4 top 8 finishes.
1 season in Europe.
1 League Cup final.
2 FA Cup semi-finals.

For me that's as good as we can reasonably expect — although we all hope for more.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Southampton Unity needed Now With Safety Assured on 11:31 - May 16 with 1103 viewsJaySaint

Southampton Unity needed Now With Safety Assured on 10:34 - May 16 by pjt50

4 top 8 finishes.
1 season in Europe.
1 League Cup final.
2 FA Cup semi-finals.

For me that's as good as we can reasonably expect — although we all hope for more.

what do we have to show for it? selling more players?

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Southampton Unity needed Now With Safety Assured on 11:58 - May 16 with 1062 viewsButty101

Southampton Unity needed Now With Safety Assured on 10:34 - May 16 by pjt50

4 top 8 finishes.
1 season in Europe.
1 League Cup final.
2 FA Cup semi-finals.

The Top 8 finishes and europe where under 2 owners ago and several years. Quit living in the past. Our current plan will end in relegation sooner than later

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Southampton Unity needed Now With Safety Assured on 12:17 - May 16 with 1049 views1teeminants

I’m not whinging at all you’ve taken it completely out of context ffs .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Southampton Unity needed Now With Safety Assured on 12:37 - May 16 with 1024 viewspjt50

Southampton Unity needed Now With Safety Assured on 12:17 - May 16 by 1teeminants

I’m not whinging at all you’ve taken it completely out of context ffs .

Sorry, I wasn't accusing you of whinging

Just trying to introduce a dose of realism to the discussion.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024