Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which players are actually worth keeping? 00:24 - May 18 with 2362 viewsBicester_North

Aside from the manager issue, how many Saints players are good enough for this division?

KWP
Perraud
Livramento
Salisu
Romeu
JWP
S Armstrong

With maybe 3 or 4 others being ok ish for backup (Redmond, Adams, A Armstrong??)The rest appear to be dross. If no good youngsters break through next season we need to sell and sign about 12 players FFS!

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Which players are actually worth keeping? on 00:44 - May 18 with 2341 viewsElijahK

Don’t even know about Salisu. But yeah I think you’ve named them all, as the others shouldn’t be starting in our best squad, but should be options for the bench.

As so far we’ve just got fullbacks and centre midfield sorted for next season with one decent winger. But that’s less than 50% of the squad! As we should have the likes of Adams, A Armstrong, Elynousie, Diallo, Salisu, and one of the fullbacks that aren’t playing as well as McCarthy (mainly due to the fact that we won’t have anyone else), on the bench. But we’ve still got both strikers, centre halves and a winger and goalie missing!

So that’s at least 6 signings we need to actually get anywhere, and realistically they need to be like £20mill at least, as all the recent signings we’ve made for less than that (other than the fullbacks) have been soo poor and no where near good enough. But of course that means we’ve gotta spend at least £120mill which ain’t gonna happen (even if we sold the rest which would probably only get us like £40mill), which makes you wonder of what next seasons gonna be like, irrelevant of who’s in charge.

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Which players are actually worth keeping? on 01:05 - May 18 with 2323 viewssledger

If todays side is how it will be next season we are in a world of trouble
Which players are actually worth keeping? on 06:45 - May 18 with 2225 viewskingslandstand1

I'm with those but Salisu is bottom of that list. Adams as squad player, and hope some decent youngsters
The issue I have is that when we do splash the cash yhey are always a risk with players who have no experience in the Prem
There must be some Prem players we could get that are worth getting?
Which players are actually worth keeping? on 07:54 - May 18 with 2159 viewskernow

Which players are actually worth keeping?

Since the defeat to Aston Villa, with the exception of the Arsenal and Brighton games, none of them have been worth their money.

They look completely disinterested and demotivated.

I would not have a problem if they were all binned off along with coaching staff.

If that meant relegation it would acceptable provided some effort was seen to be made by all concerned.
Which players are actually worth keeping? on 08:33 - May 18 with 2103 viewssaint22

I actually think Lyanco has some promise, at least he looks like he tries
If we actually signed a decent experienced CB that would help with he and Salisu

God we have a lot of sh1te that needs offing tho
Stephens and AM still get a look in that to me is a damning indictment of how clue less Ralph actually is
Elyounoussi had showed some good things a while back but he looks crap again, Tella promising last year devoid this year
Which players are actually worth keeping? on 09:04 - May 18 with 2056 viewsButty101

Which players are actually worth keeping? on 08:33 - May 18 by saint22

I actually think Lyanco has some promise, at least he looks like he tries
If we actually signed a decent experienced CB that would help with he and Salisu

God we have a lot of sh1te that needs offing tho
Stephens and AM still get a look in that to me is a damning indictment of how clue less Ralph actually is
Elyounoussi had showed some good things a while back but he looks crap again, Tella promising last year devoid this year

Tella is nearly 23, he isnt going to make it. Let him go

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Which players are actually worth keeping? on 09:40 - May 18 with 2016 viewsUlsterBaz

I’d agree with most of that although like others I reckon the jury’s still out on Salisu. Quite frankly a massive overhaul is required to improve the squad this summer.
Which players are actually worth keeping? on 09:55 - May 18 with 1992 viewssaint901

Salisu is a definite no from me.

He was better than he has been yesterday (Liverpool) but he has cost us goals this season either through mistakes or decisions.

I'd be moving him on asap.
Login to get fewer ads

Which players are actually worth keeping? on 10:07 - May 18 with 1970 viewssaintwizzler

Which players are actually worth keeping? on 09:55 - May 18 by saint901

Salisu is a definite no from me.

He was better than he has been yesterday (Liverpool) but he has cost us goals this season either through mistakes or decisions.

I'd be moving him on asap.

The trouble is with him and Super Jackie Stephens is they overplay.
Both gave the ball away last night and dropped us in the shit.
Lyanco knows his limits and clears the ball and the danger in a no nonsense way.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Which players are actually worth keeping? on 10:28 - May 18 with 1938 viewsdirk_doone

Which players are actually worth keeping? on 10:07 - May 18 by saintwizzler

The trouble is with him and Super Jackie Stephens is they overplay.
Both gave the ball away last night and dropped us in the shit.
Lyanco knows his limits and clears the ball and the danger in a no nonsense way.

Like many players who come to Southampton, Salisu and Broja started well and then it gets coached out of them and they become as bad as all the rest. So, although, based on his recent performances, I err in favour of getting rid of Salisu, I wonder if he might not be better at another club.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Which players are actually worth keeping? on 10:58 - May 18 with 1890 viewssaint22

Which players are actually worth keeping? on 10:28 - May 18 by dirk_doone

Like many players who come to Southampton, Salisu and Broja started well and then it gets coached out of them and they become as bad as all the rest. So, although, based on his recent performances, I err in favour of getting rid of Salisu, I wonder if he might not be better at another club.

yes there is something in this
numerous players come in and start to look the part then they seem to regress over time Tella Salisu Tino even Bednarek and Valery look a shadow of what they were promising to be

Stephens will always be cack tho and should be nowhere near this squad let alone team

We really do need massive summer or next season we will be in big trouble
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024