Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
World cup break in 22/23 and effect? 09:00 - May 20 with 952 viewssaint901

The PL season pauses on 12 Nov and resumes 26 Dec.

It will be interesting to see how this will impact clubs with many international players who will be at the world cup.

There's a fair chance that this will include a number of our players - JWP, KWP, FF (if still our player), Che and SA, Salisu?, but some clubs are almost all international players.

World cup break in 22/23 and effect? on 10:31 - May 20 with 883 viewsJaySaint

FF and KwP will not be at the world cup

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

World cup break in 22/23 and effect? on 12:09 - May 20 with 840 viewssledger

loads of evening games and i will have to go to local football with there damned cheaper tickets and beer
World cup break in 22/23 and effect? on 12:15 - May 20 with 837 viewsdirk_doone

Yes, it could give a slight advantage to teams with fewer international players and level up the league a bit in the second half of the season. This may help the newly promoted teams especially. I wonder though how many of the big clubs will claim their star players have injuries which prevent them going to Qatar?
[Post edited 20 May 2022 12:15]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

World cup break in 22/23 and effect? on 12:36 - May 20 with 806 viewssaint901

Given a choice I'd stop them all from going to Qatar.

A World Cup bought on the back of bribes and corruption to sportswash a nation with a terrible civil rights record.

If I were manager/owner of a club with 15 players or more being asked to play in sweltering heat in a tournament shortened and therefore more intense and injuries more likely, then I'd be asking those players to make choices.

If I were a pro player in my late 20's I'd be thinking that the prospect of getting injured and missing out on bonuses at club level when I could represent my country in the intermediate European/ConCaf/South American tournaments, might be a better option.
World cup break in 22/23 and effect? on 12:45 - May 20 with 797 views1885_SFC

Well I'm expecting Klopp to whinge & moan about how unfair it is, blah blah blah Zzzzz...

Old School is Cool

World cup break in 22/23 and effect? on 19:18 - May 20 with 706 viewsericofarabia

Slightly off tangent, but I have only just found out that our game v Liverpool and the other PL games played last night couldn't be played on the optimum night for everybody of Wednesday because of the Tinpot Little Trophy nobody wants to be in The Europa Cup Final involving 2 non English teams in Spain was being played

WTF has that game got to do with moving potentially crucial domestic games ?

Sheer Lunacy.
World cup break in 22/23 and effect? on 20:03 - May 20 with 698 viewssaint68

Fuk this pathetic competition..simple boycott..not difficult if you have a single gram of a moral compass.

And the pathetic deflection thar we'll highlight how bad things are out there is utter contrived shyte.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024