Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time for change 18:28 - May 22 with 3077 viewssaint22

Stagnant throughout
We need a change
Totally shambolic last third of the season, chance of 8th end up just avoiding the drop
Leicester rallied and ended up so far ahead of us
Manage coach and players need changing and a big shake up
Time for change on 18:33 - May 22 with 3048 viewskingolaf

Well said.
Time for change on 18:36 - May 22 with 3031 viewsElijahK

Keep or swap the manager for all I care, as I think the main issues lay with the squad, as some games have been his fault, but then others haven’t been. But next season may be a bit better with someone else in charge, but I still see us going down regardless.
As we’ve only got like 5/6 PL quality players, and they’re almost all found in the fullbacks/central midfielders. So that’s at least another 6 or so signings that we need to actually not worry about relegation next season. And if we don’t get at least 3/4 of them, then we are most likely going down irrelevant of whether it’s Ralph, Howe, Hughes, Guardiola, Mourinho etc in charge

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Time for change on 18:51 - May 22 with 2993 viewsthissceptredsaint

We have a squad that are told they are of limited ability and have modest expectations placed on them. They aren't great and not motivated to do better. The manager hasn' t developed. I know he has had to deal with our limitations but every season it's the same. Relating to another thread our top down manufactured culture of cultivated mediocrity is not sustainable. It will result in brittleness and failure. We are dancing far too close to the flames. We need a clear out a change of ethos and that includes coaching staff.
Time for change on 19:29 - May 22 with 2888 viewsCenturion

I think Ralph has run out of ideas.
The squad look hopeless anddejected.
So agree, time for a change.
Time for change on 19:31 - May 22 with 2882 viewssaintwizzler

We were 9th in February.
The players can do it.
Yes, we need recruitment.
But the manager is spent.
Time to fûck off.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Time for change on 19:36 - May 22 with 2870 viewsSaintsforeverj

Let's see what happens in the summer. You are quite right it's time for change. The defending again today was atrocious. This is going to be a big summer ahead. Are we going to see some proper investment in the team? Will the owners stick with Ralph and give him a realistic chance of success with better players at his disposal? Or will it be the same old thing, bringing in players who arn't up to it with a new manager or not? We shall see.
[Post edited 22 May 2022 19:37]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Time for change on 23:11 - May 22 with 2657 viewsSadoldgit

Time for change on 19:31 - May 22 by saintwizzler

We were 9th in February.
The players can do it.
Yes, we need recruitment.
But the manager is spent.
Time to fûck off.

It’s the players who are ultimately responsible for what they do on the pitch. Managers and coaches can only do so much. How many soft goals have our defenders given away? You can slag off Ralph all you like but he is not responsible for the mistake Lyanco made today or for the other fu ck ups by other players this season.
Time for change on 23:15 - May 22 with 2647 viewsPatfromPoole

Time for change on 18:51 - May 22 by thissceptredsaint

We have a squad that are told they are of limited ability and have modest expectations placed on them. They aren't great and not motivated to do better. The manager hasn' t developed. I know he has had to deal with our limitations but every season it's the same. Relating to another thread our top down manufactured culture of cultivated mediocrity is not sustainable. It will result in brittleness and failure. We are dancing far too close to the flames. We need a clear out a change of ethos and that includes coaching staff.

Absolutely in a nutshell, sir.

It is death by a thousand cuts.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Login to get fewer ads

Time for change on 07:31 - May 23 with 2500 viewssaintwizzler

Time for change on 23:11 - May 22 by Sadoldgit

It’s the players who are ultimately responsible for what they do on the pitch. Managers and coaches can only do so much. How many soft goals have our defenders given away? You can slag off Ralph all you like but he is not responsible for the mistake Lyanco made today or for the other fu ck ups by other players this season.

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:41 - May 23 with 2337 viewsMytchettSaint

Time for change on 23:11 - May 22 by Sadoldgit

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Time for change on 09:51 - May 23 with 2319 viewsPaleRider

I'm afraid that's it for me. Many reasons:

1) Gutless performances week in week out by over-paid individuals (manager, coaches, players) who get paid a fortune for mediocracy. In any other job, many of them would have been sacked ages ago;
2) The lack of a level playing field. The Premier League is a rip off. It is all designed to meet the needs of armchair fans of the top clubs (mostly overseas), the media and betting companies;
3) The corruption of PGMOL and the FA. The standard of refereeing from the likes of John Moss has been a disgrace - yet there is no accountability or explanation;
4) The gentrification of stadia. Old school support is no longer really wanted. The standard of support by most Leicester fans was shocking on Saturday and then you have clubs like Brighton!

I can't help but contrast the Saints' women's team with the men. They play with the spirit, fire, skill and enjoyment that I want to see from the men. They have young players, the majority of whom are also Saints fans and they have a tactically astute manager. The main thing is they give a damn - same with the under 18's and Academy team.

Unless things change, Saints will get no more of my hard earned money.
Time for change on 11:43 - May 23 with 2264 viewsPoirot

Hasenhuttl and his pub coaches have to go !

What are the actually doing at staplewood ?
Time for change on 14:10 - May 23 with 2163 viewsandoverpedro

Time for change on 11:43 - May 23 by Poirot

Hasenhuttl and his pub coaches have to go !

What are the actually doing at staplewood ?

Must have bloody big goals at stapelwood
Time for change on 15:18 - May 23 with 2130 viewsPoirot

I see Hasehuttle is now trying to PR spin his way out of it by saying we stayed up despite being relegation favourites. Well thats news to me as i cant remember there being a big deal about us being relegated pre season. The fact is he's lost interest and so have the players because he cant manage them correctly. His retirement confession was a clear signal that hes had the money ( a good £10M) banked and wants out.
[Post edited 23 May 2022 17:50]
Time for change on 15:53 - May 23 with 2109 viewsCity_boy

A good start would be to scrap the idea that we can play one up front. No matter who Ralf used to play the lone striker, did not work.

Secondly, let's have a defence that can manage the long balls hoofed into our last 1/3rd,

I am in the camp that says we need change, but not convinced we have the financial clout to do what most on here want.
Time for change on 19:49 - May 23 with 1988 viewsDorsetIan

Time for change on 07:31 - May 23 by saintwizzler

Arsenal must feel like mugs looking at that. Another three points would have given then Champs League.

For both the last two seasons we’ve had long runs that translate to rock bottom of the league.

I just don’t see how Ralph stays.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Time for change on 21:12 - May 23 with 1890 viewsTripleNiemi

But this is our 'best squad' in years with competition right across the park - no??

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Time for change on 22:27 - May 23 with 1815 viewsinthebox

Time for change on 15:18 - May 23 by Poirot

I see Hasehuttle is now trying to PR spin his way out of it by saying we stayed up despite being relegation favourites. Well thats news to me as i cant remember there being a big deal about us being relegated pre season. The fact is he's lost interest and so have the players because he cant manage them correctly. His retirement confession was a clear signal that hes had the money ( a good £10M) banked and wants out.
[Post edited 23 May 2022 17:50]

Spot on Mr P l noticed that relegation comment, like you say banked his money and off to the mountains.
Time for change on 06:44 - May 24 with 1722 viewssaintwizzler

Time for change on 22:27 - May 23 by inthebox

Spot on Mr P l noticed that relegation comment, like you say banked his money and off to the mountains.

Yes I remember listening to an interview with Martin Semmens pre season or early into it where he says Hassenhüttl was happy with his squad and how he’d changed his mind about working with a small squad after the fuk up that was 2021 with injuries. Hassenhüttl was happy now that we had two players for each position.

I never heard or read once us being touted for relegation.
Next pre season maybe different with this appalling run of form and if we lose either of the two fit top six standard players we have.

We need half a dozen players in with Walcott, Djenepo and Long gone.
You could add McCarthy and Stephens to that list but they’ve signed new contracts.

The new ‘right’ owners have made noises about no investment so is it bye bye JWP and KWP?

Time for change on 07:37 - May 24 with 1685 viewsPatfromPoole

Time for change on 06:44 - May 24 by saintwizzler

Yes I remember listening to an interview with Martin Semmens pre season or early into it where he says Hassenhüttl was happy with his squad and how he’d changed his mind about working with a small squad after the fuk up that was 2021 with injuries. Hassenhüttl was happy now that we had two players for each position.

I never heard or read once us being touted for relegation.
Next pre season maybe different with this appalling run of form and if we lose either of the two fit top six standard players we have.

We need half a dozen players in with Walcott, Djenepo and Long gone.
You could add McCarthy and Stephens to that list but they’ve signed new contracts.

The new ‘right’ owners have made noises about no investment so is it bye bye JWP and KWP?

I would say that with a World Cup this winter, it makes it far more likely that both JWP and KWP will leave.

JWP won’t want a repeat of missing out like he did with the Euros.

I can see both of them going to Tottenham.

Frankly, who could blame either of them?

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Time for change on 09:15 - May 24 with 1599 viewsBicester_North

74 days until the start of the season

I reckon we need at least one buy or sell transaction a week between now and then, and that’s without sorting the management and coaching out.

Hurry up Dragan

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024