Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Armando Broja Posts Farewell Message To Southampton 14:05 - May 23 with 1968 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/57822/armando-broja-post

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Armando Broja Posts Farewell Message To Southampton on 14:41 - May 23 with 1896 viewsBerber

An interesting take. However, opposition defences were definitely a lot more scared of Broja than they will ever be by Adams. For me, I'd pick him as first striker every day of the week. The excitement shown by the crowd whenever he received the ball was one of the big pluses this season. There is no doubt that Adams has improved, after a first season much like A Armstrong's. But he remains far from convincing, and certainly never a lone striker.
Armando Broja Posts Farewell Message To Southampton on 14:47 - May 23 with 1889 viewsSaintNick

Armando Broja Posts Farewell Message To Southampton on 14:41 - May 23 by Berber

An interesting take. However, opposition defences were definitely a lot more scared of Broja than they will ever be by Adams. For me, I'd pick him as first striker every day of the week. The excitement shown by the crowd whenever he received the ball was one of the big pluses this season. There is no doubt that Adams has improved, after a first season much like A Armstrong's. But he remains far from convincing, and certainly never a lone striker.

You are right when Broja got the ball there was an excitement, but his 6 goal haul and 1 goal in the last 19 games perhaps shows that perception is sometimes far from the truth, over the year we have often made heroes early on from players who ran around a lot but had little end product.

Steve De Ridder for one, even Jason Puncheon despite his quickness to desert us on loan at every opportunity

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Armando Broja Posts Farewell Message To Southampton on 15:27 - May 23 with 1832 viewssaints__fan__73

Armando Broja Posts Farewell Message To Southampton on 14:47 - May 23 by SaintNick

You are right when Broja got the ball there was an excitement, but his 6 goal haul and 1 goal in the last 19 games perhaps shows that perception is sometimes far from the truth, over the year we have often made heroes early on from players who ran around a lot but had little end product.

Steve De Ridder for one, even Jason Puncheon despite his quickness to desert us on loan at every opportunity

Text book Illingsworth.

In order to find player signings to criticise he has to go back to when his nemeses was in charge!

Only surprised he didn't bring Forren into the equation!

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Armando Broja Posts Farewell Message To Southampton on 15:31 - May 23 with 1820 viewsgeezershoong1

I bet he couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Poll: England are playing tonight - would you rather...

Armando Broja Posts Farewell Message To Southampton on 15:36 - May 23 with 1811 viewsSaintNick

Armando Broja Posts Farewell Message To Southampton on 15:27 - May 23 by saints__fan__73

Text book Illingsworth.

In order to find player signings to criticise he has to go back to when his nemeses was in charge!

Only surprised he didn't bring Forren into the equation!

Or Mayuka for that matter i'm losing my touch

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Armando Broja Posts Farewell Message To Southampton on 16:40 - May 23 with 1718 viewssaints__fan__73

Armando Broja Posts Farewell Message To Southampton on 15:36 - May 23 by SaintNick

Or Mayuka for that matter i'm losing my touch

I think it's selective amnesty tbf. You have no recollection at all of Hoedt, Lemina or Gunn.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Armando Broja Posts Farewell Message To Southampton on 17:48 - May 23 with 1628 viewsPoirot

Scored goals that won us points, thats for sure and thank god he did when the club blew £15M on dud Adam Armstrong. Desperate for goals he was poorly managed by Hasenhuttl and burnt out in recent months. Just 20yrs old lets remember.
Armando Broja Posts Farewell Message To Southampton on 19:20 - May 23 with 1506 viewskingolaf

He didn’t thank Ralph….
Login to get fewer ads

Armando Broja Posts Farewell Message To Southampton on 22:51 - May 23 with 1338 viewsdirk_doone

His first few appearances were a breath of fresh air as when he got the ball he went straight for goal, whereas our other forwards, when they get a sight of goal, tend to run off to the side with the ball. But, eventually, the club's coaching got to him, his fitness levels fell and he seemed to become almost as unlikely to score as the rest of them. It will be interesting to see what happens when he plays for Chelsea or another team.

I always remember watching a pre-match warm-up at St Mary's when Kelvin Davis was telling Charlie Austin, who'd been a prolific scorer for us, how to shoot. It might explain why Austin's form went rapidly downhill. He's probably been doing the same with Broja.
[Post edited 24 May 2022 16:32]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Armando Broja Posts Farewell Message To Southampton on 23:09 - May 23 with 1300 viewsSadoldgit

Armando Broja Posts Farewell Message To Southampton on 19:20 - May 23 by kingolaf

He didn’t thank Ralph….

He gave a massive thank you to Southampton. Ralph is the manager of Southampton. Sounds to me that he was thanking everyone at the club.
Armando Broja Posts Farewell Message To Southampton on 06:50 - May 24 with 1192 viewssaintwizzler

Broja was played as a lone striker occasionally. This is not his game. As stated earlier he’s best running with the ball in front of him not with his back to goal as happens when you’re up front alone.
Adams would of been more suited as the lone target man holding the ball up and laying it off.

But hey huns, what do I know. I’m not on £115k a week and a jazz hands PL manager.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Armando Broja Posts Farewell Message To Southampton on 09:51 - May 24 with 1092 viewsSonicBoom

Broja was just about a text book loan. He showed flashes of why Chelsea want to keep him. He probably learned a lot which is good for them.
He also scored some great goals and won us points which was good for us.
But he also showed his inexperience and his form faltered as you would expect from a youngster.
So overall it worked out about as we could have expected. Job done.
Armando Broja Posts Farewell Message To Southampton on 10:09 - May 24 with 1066 viewsBuggalugs

Armando Broja Posts Farewell Message To Southampton on 22:51 - May 23 by dirk_doone

His first few appearances were a breath of fresh air as when he got the ball he went straight for goal, whereas our other forwards, when they get a sight of goal, tend to run off to the side with the ball. But, eventually, the club's coaching got to him, his fitness levels fell and he seemed to become almost as unlikely to score as the rest of them. It will be interesting to see what happens when he plays for Chelsea or another team.

I always remember watching a pre-match warm-up at St Mary's when Kelvin Davis was telling Charlie Austin, who'd been a prolific scorer for us, how to shoot. It might explain why Austin's form went rapidly downhill. He's probably been doing the same with Broja.
[Post edited 24 May 2022 16:32]

Exactly the same with Tino. At the start of the season he played without fear; constantly flying up the wing, overlapping, taking on the full back etc. All of a sudden that stopped and he became negative; checking back all the time or going sideaways. It seemed as though the best part of his game had been coached out of him; no doubt the stats pointing to his ball retention not being high enough or something.

We all know our defence is shite and we're a much better team when on the front font, so why ditch the press and playing two strikers in favour of the slow build up, fumbling around with it at the back negativity of the past?

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Armando Broja Posts Farewell Message To Southampton on 12:42 - May 24 with 1004 viewssaint901

Wanted to impress - started well - tailed off in terms of form and confidence and attitude.

He's young and that's what young players do. I think he may be out on loan again next season (or two) but by the time he's around 23/24 he will be a quality striker.

For us I think his game was not suited to the high press where a leg stuck out as the ball comes across is as good a goal as a 30 yard screamer. He was also not suited to lone striker. I seem to recall a couple of one on ones with the GK and the GK won most of them.

For me he's somebody who wants a buddy close to him (and we tried that but Ely, Che, etc all ran away from him) or a midfield line moving forward quickly to lay the ball off to and then use his pace and movement to find space for the return.

We didn't play that way. RH was either high or low block and not a packed midfield or any wide players bar the FBs.

Good luck to him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024