Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting info on Prowse 15:09 - May 24 with 3592 viewsElijahK

Prowse has just made the England squad (which I’ve put below), but I’ve just found out some really interesting info about him for this transfer market…
As many already know, I’m an FA official and do Wessex and such, but every once in a while I’m given academy games, and the person who appoints them has been doing it for like the last 30/40 years, meaning that he knows almost all the youth players that have come through the academy who still play today. (and also knows Southgates receptionist as she used to work for saints, so has a lot of connections).
But the other day he was watching some refs do a saints youth game (as he watches the younger refs and tells them how to improve for positioning, signals etc), but Prowse and Romeu turned up to watch it.
So he went over and asked Prowse if he thinks he’d make Qatar and of what this summer means to him, and he said that he doesn’t think he will as he doesn’t see himself playing at a big enough team, and that he’s pretty certain that some big teams players, irrelevant of how poor they may have been (aka Maguire, Rashford, Chilwell etc) as they just play for the big teams in which he doesn’t. But he also said that he’s really happy playing here and really isn’t too bothered about it as he’d rather play week in week out here, than move to some big team and sit on the bench and maybe make the England side (but also be sitting in the bench there), which is why he signed the long contract and is why he’s not desperate to leave. Hence why we might actually be able to keep him.

But of course as I said to my mate, all it takes is a wage increase by like 10X the amount and getting told he’d actually play, and that could be him gone. But still it certainly suggests that unlike Ings, he won’t be leaving for anyone outside of the “top 6” and will only supposedly do so if he actually gets played.

And he’s the squad…
Goalkeepers: Jordan Pickford, Nick Pope, Aaron Ramsdale

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold, Conor Coady, Marc Guehi, Reece James, James Justin, Harry Maguire, John Stones, Fikayo Tomori, Kieran Tripper, Kyle Walker, Ben White

Midfielders: Jude Bellingham, Conor Gallagher, Mason Mount, Kalvin Phillips, Declan Rice, James Ward-Prowse

Forwards: Tammy Abraham, Jarrod Bowen, Phil Foden, Jack Grealish, Harry Kane, Bukayo Saka, Raheem Sterling
[Post edited 24 May 2022 15:13]

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Interesting info on Prowse on 00:12 - May 25 with 2719 viewswashington_saint

That for me sums up JWP (and Romeu for that matter). Not a Billy big bollox who understands what he has, how integral he is and the fact the 2 of them were watching a youth game sums them up as people not just footballers.

We are extremely fortunate to have JWP (despite what I_would thinks!!!)
Interesting info on Prowse on 09:16 - May 25 with 2563 viewsSaintNick

Interesting info on Prowse on 00:12 - May 25 by washington_saint

That for me sums up JWP (and Romeu for that matter). Not a Billy big bollox who understands what he has, how integral he is and the fact the 2 of them were watching a youth game sums them up as people not just footballers.

We are extremely fortunate to have JWP (despite what I_would thinks!!!)

Some players have their feet on the ground and are sensible, sadly at Premier League level a large proportion of them live in a bubble.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Interesting info on Prowse on 09:47 - May 25 with 2534 viewsBuenosSaint

Cheers for that ElijahK.

Early standard set for close season ITK award

Poll: The Long Future

Interesting info on Prowse on 13:39 - May 25 with 2444 viewsElijahK

Interesting info on Prowse on 09:47 - May 25 by BuenosSaint

Cheers for that ElijahK.

Early standard set for close season ITK award

Not heard of that before, but yeah well when you’ve done as many games as me, you tend to have a few connections here and there in the footballing world (you’d probably actually be surprised by just how many former players have been at games I’ve officiated)

Interesting info on Prowse on 15:14 - May 25 with 2378 viewsI_would

Knows he's not good enough for a top half team or England even if the pundits are taken in by the constant hype.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Interesting info on Prowse on 15:54 - May 25 with 2338 viewsElijahK

Interesting info on Prowse on 15:14 - May 25 by I_would

Knows he's not good enough for a top half team or England even if the pundits are taken in by the constant hype.

What is it that you’ve got against Prowse? Was he like your school bully or something when you were at a kid at school? Were you at the academy when he was coming through and he got you kicked out as he was better? Did how have some form of run in with him somewhere and got humiliated/embarrassed by him?

As you really seem to hate him for some reason? And seeing how he won our POTY, got nominated for PL POTS, is our top goalscorer this season, is probably the only player we’ve got that is well above the average PL player quality and is the best free kick taker in the world.
So why is it you really seem to hate him, as by the way you act, you’d think that the likes of Walcott, Diallo, Djenpo, Stephens etc are better than him, as you never give any of them anywhere near the same level of stick as you give Prowse.
[Post edited 25 May 2022 15:54]

Interesting info on Prowse on 23:22 - May 25 with 2129 viewsI_would

Interesting info on Prowse on 15:54 - May 25 by ElijahK

What is it that you’ve got against Prowse? Was he like your school bully or something when you were at a kid at school? Were you at the academy when he was coming through and he got you kicked out as he was better? Did how have some form of run in with him somewhere and got humiliated/embarrassed by him?

As you really seem to hate him for some reason? And seeing how he won our POTY, got nominated for PL POTS, is our top goalscorer this season, is probably the only player we’ve got that is well above the average PL player quality and is the best free kick taker in the world.
So why is it you really seem to hate him, as by the way you act, you’d think that the likes of Walcott, Diallo, Djenpo, Stephens etc are better than him, as you never give any of them anywhere near the same level of stick as you give Prowse.
[Post edited 25 May 2022 15:54]

Can't tackle, can't anticipate, doesn't mark, very slow, doesn't motivate, doesn't get involved much with forward play or triangles, only scores a couple of goals through open play. What's your positives for Joggy Joggy then Troll Man?

Interesting info on Prowse on 23:25 - May 25 with 2128 viewsElijahK

Interesting info on Prowse on 23:22 - May 25 by I_would

Can't tackle, can't anticipate, doesn't mark, very slow, doesn't motivate, doesn't get involved much with forward play or triangles, only scores a couple of goals through open play. What's your positives for Joggy Joggy then Troll Man?

I’m gonna go with the school bully theory, that would explain it all

Login to get fewer ads

Interesting info on Prowse on 23:27 - May 25 with 2124 viewsI_would

Interesting info on Prowse on 23:25 - May 25 by ElijahK

I’m gonna go with the school bully theory, that would explain it all

I see you only comment personally on commenters. Nothing to say? No convincing arguments about why Joggy Joggy is so wonderful?

Interesting info on Prowse on 00:32 - May 26 with 2103 viewsElijahK

Interesting info on Prowse on 23:27 - May 25 by I_would

I see you only comment personally on commenters. Nothing to say? No convincing arguments about why Joggy Joggy is so wonderful?

No I just cba

Interesting info on Prowse on 10:36 - May 26 with 1985 viewssaint901

Interesting info on Prowse on 23:27 - May 25 by I_would

He tackles when he has to but that job in midfield is left to Romeu and/or Diallo.

I've lost count of the number of times he covers back when our full backs go forward.

He's always available to forwards who have collected the ball (exception being Tella who couldn't trap a bag of cement) and want to lay it off.

He's probably got the best shooting boots of anybody in the team.

Without him last season we would have been relegated.

He may not be the world's best midfield player but he's the best midfield player we have had since MLT.
Interesting info on Prowse on 11:45 - May 26 with 1951 viewsI_would

Interesting info on Prowse on 10:36 - May 26 by saint901

He tackles when he has to but that job in midfield is left to Romeu and/or Diallo.

I've lost count of the number of times he covers back when our full backs go forward.

He's always available to forwards who have collected the ball (exception being Tella who couldn't trap a bag of cement) and want to lay it off.

He's probably got the best shooting boots of anybody in the team.

Without him last season we would have been relegated.

He may not be the world's best midfield player but he's the best midfield player we have had since MLT.

I heard that Iniesta has chucked his copy of MLT's greatest goals which him and his family used to enjoy together and ordered Joggy Joggy's latest one. Tip: when you lose count of the times Joggy Joggy covers or scores from open play, use the other hand as well to count.

Interesting info on Prowse on 11:47 - May 26 with 1943 viewsI_would

Interesting info on Prowse on 00:32 - May 26 by ElijahK

No I just cba

You mean you've got no argument.

Interesting info on Prowse on 11:54 - May 26 with 1937 viewsElijahK

Interesting info on Prowse on 11:47 - May 26 by I_would

You mean you've got no argument.

No, it’s just Saint901 has already summer up many things that he’s good at, yet you still won’t agree with him or anyone, so I know it’s not worth my time stating facts/things that basically everyone agrees with when you’ll just ignore them/keep to your opinion that he’s not very good.
So there’s just no point in bothering

Interesting info on Prowse on 13:29 - May 26 with 1886 viewssaint901

Premier League stats for Saints

Most shots - JWP - 55 - rank 1 [that's 11 hands]
On target shots - JWP - 24 - rank 1 (shared with Che) [4.8 hands]
Touches - JWP - 2509 - rank 1 [502 hands]
Passes - JWP - 1827 - rank 1 [365 hands]
Tackles - JWP 41 - rank 5 (after Salisu, Romeu, KWP and Tino) [8 hands]
Blacks - JWP - 15 - rank 3 (after Bednarek and Salisu) [3 hands[

I would agree that there were times when I wanted him to go around the team shouting in their faces to wake up and play like they meant it. That is not his style - as you can see from the above, he leads by example, not by shouting.

Whether "I would" likes it or not, take him out of the team and we're toast.
[Post edited 26 May 2022 13:31]
Interesting info on Prowse on 13:37 - May 26 with 1861 viewsI_would

Interesting info on Prowse on 11:54 - May 26 by ElijahK

No, it’s just Saint901 has already summer up many things that he’s good at, yet you still won’t agree with him or anyone, so I know it’s not worth my time stating facts/things that basically everyone agrees with when you’ll just ignore them/keep to your opinion that he’s not very good.
So there’s just no point in bothering

"He tackles when he has to" doesn't sound impressive."he covers back" would be useful if he could tackle. "He's always available to forwards" would be useful if he actually wanted the ball but he just pings it off immediately. "He's probably got the best shooting boots" Probably actually correct due to the whole squad being unable to score, although he's only scored about three from open play. Bored now, you can't help Prowsey droolers.

Interesting info on Prowse on 13:51 - May 26 with 1841 viewsPatfromPoole

Interesting info on Prowse on 13:37 - May 26 by I_would

"He tackles when he has to" doesn't sound impressive."he covers back" would be useful if he could tackle. "He's always available to forwards" would be useful if he actually wanted the ball but he just pings it off immediately. "He's probably got the best shooting boots" Probably actually correct due to the whole squad being unable to score, although he's only scored about three from open play. Bored now, you can't help Prowsey droolers.

Yeah, he’s not a patch on Diallo 🙄

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Interesting info on Prowse on 14:22 - May 26 with 1808 viewsI_would

Look like Danny Mills is more knowledgeable than I thought.

“I don’t always get the hype about James Ward-Prowse. Take the free-kicks out of it, I don’t get it. He’s a good player, he’s a good Premier League player — not 100% convinced he’s a top international. And I think that’s why he’s still at Southampton."

“And that’s not being disrespectful. If he was that good, teams would have come in and bid £30m, £40m, £50m, like they have for other players.”

Interesting info on Prowse on 14:53 - May 26 with 1792 viewsPatfromPoole

Interesting info on Prowse on 14:22 - May 26 by I_would

“I don’t always get the hype about James Ward-Prowse. Take the free-kicks out of it, I don’t get it. He’s a good player, he’s a good Premier League player — not 100% convinced he’s a top international. And I think that’s why he’s still at Southampton."

“And that’s not being disrespectful. If he was that good, teams would have come in and bid £30m, £40m, £50m, like they have for other players.”

Danny Mills.

One of the reasons England shamefully never won anything in the early 2000’s was Eriksson picking that clueless gobsh1te.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Interesting info on Prowse on 14:58 - May 26 with 1785 viewsI_would

Interesting info on Prowse on 14:53 - May 26 by PatfromPoole

Danny Mills.

One of the reasons England shamefully never won anything in the early 2000’s was Eriksson picking that clueless gobsh1te.

Not entirely clueless obviously.

Interesting info on Prowse on 17:21 - May 26 with 1701 viewssaint901

Genuine question for Mr I would.

Outside of the superstar midfield players of say the top 5 clubs this season, who would you have had in the Saints team in place of JWP?
Interesting info on Prowse on 18:18 - May 26 with 1641 viewsI_would

Interesting info on Prowse on 17:21 - May 26 by saint901

Genuine question for Mr I would.

Outside of the superstar midfield players of say the top 5 clubs this season, who would you have had in the Saints team in place of JWP?

We played well for the three games with Joggy Joggy banned when Diallo played the more attacking /link CM with Romeu quite happy to play behind on his own. But, answering your question, I think his influence is so negative on the team that I would rather play with ten than have him Jogging round ball watching and pinging back passes to keep his stats up.

Interesting info on Prowse on 22:51 - May 26 with 1526 viewsElijahK

Interesting info on Prowse on 14:22 - May 26 by I_would

Yeah I mean everyone’s really reacted well to that, as it’s not like you’ve got basically all fans agreeing that it’s just complicate BS…

Interesting info on Prowse on 11:59 - May 27 with 1405 viewssaint901

Interesting info on Prowse on 18:18 - May 26 by I_would

We played well for the three games with Joggy Joggy banned when Diallo played the more attacking /link CM with Romeu quite happy to play behind on his own. But, answering your question, I think his influence is so negative on the team that I would rather play with ten than have him Jogging round ball watching and pinging back passes to keep his stats up.

And the answer to my original question?
Interesting info on Prowse on 12:23 - May 27 with 1392 viewsI_would

Interesting info on Prowse on 11:59 - May 27 by saint901

And the answer to my original question?

I'll repeat for the hard of reading.

I'd rather play with 10 men than have Joggy Joggy.

If you find that too difficult to understand try this. I would rather have anyone or no one instead of Joggy Joggy.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024