Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trouble at Wembley, England fans are scum 00:49 - May 29 with 2546 viewsBicester_North

Trouble in Paris, the police and organisers are scum.

Media dogs

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Trouble at Wembley, England fans are scum on 07:21 - May 29 with 2408 viewssolent_toffee

They are putting the blame firmly on UEFA, the police, the stewards and locals bunking in.

Liverpool fans going there without tickets or with fake tickets were in no way to blame for the shambles.
Trouble at Wembley, England fans are scum on 07:27 - May 29 with 2404 viewsHeisenberg

Trouble at Wembley, England fans are scum on 07:21 - May 29 by solent_toffee

They are putting the blame firmly on UEFA, the police, the stewards and locals bunking in.

Liverpool fans going there without tickets or with fake tickets were in no way to blame for the shambles.

I can’t believe what I’m hearing this morning. Yes there were genuine Liverpool fans who had tickets who couldn’t get into the game. The responsibility lies with those who bought fake tickets or tried to get in without one. Funny there was no trouble at the Real Madrid end. It’s always someone else’s fault. It’s not just Liverpool the same applies to England fans and the Wembley fiasco. Self entitled pricks who are quick to blame everyone else for their own moronic behaviour.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Trouble at Wembley, England fans are scum on 10:03 - May 29 with 2230 viewsBicester_North

Trouble at Wembley, England fans are scum on 07:27 - May 29 by Heisenberg

I can’t believe what I’m hearing this morning. Yes there were genuine Liverpool fans who had tickets who couldn’t get into the game. The responsibility lies with those who bought fake tickets or tried to get in without one. Funny there was no trouble at the Real Madrid end. It’s always someone else’s fault. It’s not just Liverpool the same applies to England fans and the Wembley fiasco. Self entitled pricks who are quick to blame everyone else for their own moronic behaviour.

But the difference is there was national outrage about the Wembley morons.

Now it’s the French authority’s fault

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Trouble at Wembley, England fans are scum on 10:36 - May 29 with 2179 viewssolent_toffee

Trouble at Wembley, England fans are scum on 10:03 - May 29 by Bicester_North

But the difference is there was national outrage about the Wembley morons.

Now it’s the French authority’s fault

The one thing they do have in common is that both venues were in effect hired by UEFA who then are responsible for the security. UEFA are getting hammered by the media today but it was UEFA who hammered English football last summer.

UEFA aren’t blameless in all of this, as much as I can’t stand the other shower, who themselves aren’t as ‘exemplary’ as they are being made out.

There was an article on the article of the Liverpool echo website a few days ago about a load of reds who had bought tickets that turned out to be fake. The same group of lads admitted that they’d used this so called reputable ticket tout company six times this season with no problems. The outrage from the paper was incredulous bearing in mind that ticket touting, buying and selling is illegal and they’d already done in six times this season.

It doesn’t help when Klopp encourages the fans to attend without tickets, despite UEFA explicitly asking not to, and he won’t help Klopp has already told Liverpool fans to book their flights and hotels for Istanbul for next seasons final.

And yes the ticket distribution was laughable and the French police are shocking (had first hand experience of it in Lille a few years back). It’s a total mess with everyone pointing the finger at each other but none of them will take accountability or any responsibility for it.

But thank christ they got beat, that’s the main thing!
Trouble at Wembley, England fans are scum on 10:42 - May 29 with 2173 viewsSaintNick

Trouble at Wembley, England fans are scum on 10:36 - May 29 by solent_toffee

The one thing they do have in common is that both venues were in effect hired by UEFA who then are responsible for the security. UEFA are getting hammered by the media today but it was UEFA who hammered English football last summer.

UEFA aren’t blameless in all of this, as much as I can’t stand the other shower, who themselves aren’t as ‘exemplary’ as they are being made out.

There was an article on the article of the Liverpool echo website a few days ago about a load of reds who had bought tickets that turned out to be fake. The same group of lads admitted that they’d used this so called reputable ticket tout company six times this season with no problems. The outrage from the paper was incredulous bearing in mind that ticket touting, buying and selling is illegal and they’d already done in six times this season.

It doesn’t help when Klopp encourages the fans to attend without tickets, despite UEFA explicitly asking not to, and he won’t help Klopp has already told Liverpool fans to book their flights and hotels for Istanbul for next seasons final.

And yes the ticket distribution was laughable and the French police are shocking (had first hand experience of it in Lille a few years back). It’s a total mess with everyone pointing the finger at each other but none of them will take accountability or any responsibility for it.

But thank christ they got beat, that’s the main thing!

A fair comment ST, but you and i both know that if Everton got to a European Cup final then they too would take thousands of ticketless fans who would be trying every trick possible to get into the ground, be that buying from a tout, trying to bunk in or whatever means possible.

Or at least that used to be the case back in the 1980's when I saw Everton play in Cup finals at Wembley and climbing in via the stairwell towers at great risk to the crowd below if they fell.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Trouble at Wembley, England fans are scum on 10:56 - May 29 with 2145 viewssolent_toffee

Trouble at Wembley, England fans are scum on 10:42 - May 29 by SaintNick

A fair comment ST, but you and i both know that if Everton got to a European Cup final then they too would take thousands of ticketless fans who would be trying every trick possible to get into the ground, be that buying from a tout, trying to bunk in or whatever means possible.

Or at least that used to be the case back in the 1980's when I saw Everton play in Cup finals at Wembley and climbing in via the stairwell towers at great risk to the crowd below if they fell.

Blimey Nick, I think we’re a long way from Everton getting to a European final. That’s so fanciful I can’t even picture it!

The only thing I can draw from it is the 2009 final (semi’s don’t really count as the allocation is far greater and it’s much easier to get tickets). I saw a handful of lads getting lobbed out as soon as they got in as they bought brag tickets, they looked genuinely stunned as they were in and out on seconds.

Fans going down without tickets en masse didn’t happen. I think Liverpool’s network of ‘fans’ and the need to feel part of something seems to be a thing now. Something that the club and city are milking.

I went to the EFL final (work thing), on the way back I sat next to lads from Shirley, all locals literally no connection to Liverpool. They were all ‘massive’ reds who travelled up without tickets to be part of it and watched it in a pub packed full of ‘reds’.

As an aside, they were possibly the most condescending football fans I’ve ever met on hearing my accent and finding out I was a blue. Longest train journey ever!
Trouble at Wembley, England fans are scum on 11:06 - May 29 with 2125 viewsSaintNick

Trouble at Wembley, England fans are scum on 10:56 - May 29 by solent_toffee

Blimey Nick, I think we’re a long way from Everton getting to a European final. That’s so fanciful I can’t even picture it!

The only thing I can draw from it is the 2009 final (semi’s don’t really count as the allocation is far greater and it’s much easier to get tickets). I saw a handful of lads getting lobbed out as soon as they got in as they bought brag tickets, they looked genuinely stunned as they were in and out on seconds.

Fans going down without tickets en masse didn’t happen. I think Liverpool’s network of ‘fans’ and the need to feel part of something seems to be a thing now. Something that the club and city are milking.

I went to the EFL final (work thing), on the way back I sat next to lads from Shirley, all locals literally no connection to Liverpool. They were all ‘massive’ reds who travelled up without tickets to be part of it and watched it in a pub packed full of ‘reds’.

As an aside, they were possibly the most condescending football fans I’ve ever met on hearing my accent and finding out I was a blue. Longest train journey ever!

I went to the 2009 final and watched it in a bar by the ground, in this bar alone there were about 400 Everton fans without tickets who all arrived in at kick off having spent the previous two hours trying to get into the ground by hook or by crook and failing.

Back in 1986 when Everton played Liverpool there were thousands from both sides outside climbing the walls squeezing in doubled up in the turnstiles, even snatching tickets outside the ground.

As I say both sides, you are keen to bring up Liverpool's outside of Liverpool support, but truth is most of the Liverpool support that tries to blag in and climb walls etc is from the Merseyside area and despite your best efforts to paint every Everton fan as a picture of virtue who commit no crimes and spend their time when not working doing good deeds for the elderly, there is no difference, in their behaviour.

The average Liverpool fan from afar is peaceful and a new age fan type, but the lads still go to the games

Trouble at Wembley, England fans are scum on 11:20 - May 29 with 2110 viewssolent_toffee

Trouble at Wembley, England fans are scum on 11:06 - May 29 by SaintNick

I went to the 2009 final and watched it in a bar by the ground, in this bar alone there were about 400 Everton fans without tickets who all arrived in at kick off having spent the previous two hours trying to get into the ground by hook or by crook and failing.

Back in 1986 when Everton played Liverpool there were thousands from both sides outside climbing the walls squeezing in doubled up in the turnstiles, even snatching tickets outside the ground.

As I say both sides, you are keen to bring up Liverpool's outside of Liverpool support, but truth is most of the Liverpool support that tries to blag in and climb walls etc is from the Merseyside area and despite your best efforts to paint every Everton fan as a picture of virtue who commit no crimes and spend their time when not working doing good deeds for the elderly, there is no difference, in their behaviour.

The average Liverpool fan from afar is peaceful and a new age fan type, but the lads still go to the games

It’s all very hypothetical saying Everton would also do this and that.

At the end of the day, Liverpool fans should take some responsibility for last night. They won’t and that’s that. I will leave it there.
Login to get fewer ads

Trouble at Wembley, England fans are scum on 11:21 - May 29 with 2107 viewssledger

how funny would it be if liverpool got a european ban
Trouble at Wembley, England fans are scum on 12:05 - May 29 with 2070 viewsSaintNick

Trouble at Wembley, England fans are scum on 11:20 - May 29 by solent_toffee

It’s all very hypothetical saying Everton would also do this and that.

At the end of the day, Liverpool fans should take some responsibility for last night. They won’t and that’s that. I will leave it there.

So you are saying that there is some magic pixie dust on Merseyside that means that Liverpool fans will travel en masse to big games without tickets but Everton fans wont, they are all good law abiding fans whilst Liverpool fans are scum ?

You are quick to slag off Liverpool for Heysel and point out how well behaved Everton were in Rotterdam in the same years, no ticketless fans there I take it, but forget to mention that a year earlier Everton took place in perhaps the worst outbreak of hooliganism at a football ground in the last 40 years at Highbury when thousands of fans fought a pitched battle on the pitch after the game, police horses galloping here and there, the game Everton V Southampton.

That game could have easily have seen a death and both clubs being labelled murderers

Ill leave that there

Trouble at Wembley, England fans are scum on 15:47 - May 29 with 1965 viewssolent_toffee

Trouble at Wembley, England fans are scum on 12:05 - May 29 by SaintNick

So you are saying that there is some magic pixie dust on Merseyside that means that Liverpool fans will travel en masse to big games without tickets but Everton fans wont, they are all good law abiding fans whilst Liverpool fans are scum ?

You are quick to slag off Liverpool for Heysel and point out how well behaved Everton were in Rotterdam in the same years, no ticketless fans there I take it, but forget to mention that a year earlier Everton took place in perhaps the worst outbreak of hooliganism at a football ground in the last 40 years at Highbury when thousands of fans fought a pitched battle on the pitch after the game, police horses galloping here and there, the game Everton V Southampton.

That game could have easily have seen a death and both clubs being labelled murderers

Ill leave that there

Don’t be daft, of course you can have two teams from the same city with completely different sets of fans. Man City fans are totally different to United’s lot, Millwall are completely different to the rest of London fans. Even from a local Hampshire level, Saints fans are completely different to Pompey, no magic dust, they just are.

I’d be churlish to suggest that Everton fans are all law abiding salt of the earth people. But what I wouldn’t do is defend them to the hilt when they step out of line. Everton were horribly racist when I first started going, it was grim and you still occasionally hear it. I’d never defend that and no blue possibly could.Again I’ve been abroad and seen Everton hoolies behaving like bellends, condemned by all.

Liverpool though, especially in this day and age when the media is swamped with them, can’t do anything wrong. The back tracking over the Suarez and Evra incident last year was toe-curling levels of cringe.
Trouble at Wembley, England fans are scum on 08:48 - May 30 with 1701 viewsSaintNick

Trouble at Wembley, England fans are scum on 15:47 - May 29 by solent_toffee

Don’t be daft, of course you can have two teams from the same city with completely different sets of fans. Man City fans are totally different to United’s lot, Millwall are completely different to the rest of London fans. Even from a local Hampshire level, Saints fans are completely different to Pompey, no magic dust, they just are.

I’d be churlish to suggest that Everton fans are all law abiding salt of the earth people. But what I wouldn’t do is defend them to the hilt when they step out of line. Everton were horribly racist when I first started going, it was grim and you still occasionally hear it. I’d never defend that and no blue possibly could.Again I’ve been abroad and seen Everton hoolies behaving like bellends, condemned by all.

Liverpool though, especially in this day and age when the media is swamped with them, can’t do anything wrong. The back tracking over the Suarez and Evra incident last year was toe-curling levels of cringe.

You have hit one nail on the head, in Manchester United's lot became different from City's when they got a nationwide support in the 1960's, the same could be said about Liverpool in the late 70's early 1980's.

You use Millwall as an example as to why fans in the same City can be different, but London is a bad example because it is massive and has different types of area, many teams dont draw their support from London but the outlying areas.

Pompey is a different City to Saints just as Manchester is different to Liverpool, when I am up on Merseyside I know lots from both sides of the divide, football teams aside they do the same things, go to the same pubs, like the same music, there is absolutely no difference in the people.

If anything there is more crowd trouble with Everton as they have a less sanitised matchday experience, the trouble at Millwall a couple of years ago for instance when they took part in a pre planned battle before the game.

The real issue is the numbers that Liverpool take to games like this one in Paris, because of their global support they take more to games like this than any other club in England bar Manchester United could dream of.

I know im never going to get you to say anything balanced about Liverpool, I would probably be the same about Pompey lol

Trouble at Wembley, England fans are scum on 09:47 - May 30 with 1643 viewssolent_toffee

Trouble at Wembley, England fans are scum on 08:48 - May 30 by SaintNick

You have hit one nail on the head, in Manchester United's lot became different from City's when they got a nationwide support in the 1960's, the same could be said about Liverpool in the late 70's early 1980's.

You use Millwall as an example as to why fans in the same City can be different, but London is a bad example because it is massive and has different types of area, many teams dont draw their support from London but the outlying areas.

Pompey is a different City to Saints just as Manchester is different to Liverpool, when I am up on Merseyside I know lots from both sides of the divide, football teams aside they do the same things, go to the same pubs, like the same music, there is absolutely no difference in the people.

If anything there is more crowd trouble with Everton as they have a less sanitised matchday experience, the trouble at Millwall a couple of years ago for instance when they took part in a pre planned battle before the game.

The real issue is the numbers that Liverpool take to games like this one in Paris, because of their global support they take more to games like this than any other club in England bar Manchester United could dream of.

I know im never going to get you to say anything balanced about Liverpool, I would probably be the same about Pompey lol

Ha, do you know what, I’ve probably softened a bit towards them in the last 12 months or so. My nephew is a season ticket holder for Anfield and he drives to the game, watches it and comes home. None of his mates go and the chances of them ever going is next to nothing, the way they allocate tickets. His brother on the other hand is a blue season ticket holder and every match day is a day out with mates, cousins, uncles - county road before and after then into town. Even when we are rubbish, we have a good time.

I feel for my red nephew it’s all bland and a bit staged, and he’s mostly doing it by himself. I must be going soft because I sorted him and his mates out for cup final tickets this season. The bitter blue me would never done that a few years ago :)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024