Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Broja 09:15 - Jun 1 with 3776 viewssolent_toffee

Is being linked with a move to Everton. He looked great earlier in the season but then tailed off didn’t he?
Broja on 09:25 - Jun 1 with 3757 viewsMytchettSaint

That was more about us than him.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Broja on 09:33 - Jun 1 with 3730 viewsdirk_doone

Richarlison is off then. I'd guess Broja would score as many goals as he did. When he first arrived from Chelsea, he was excellent but I think the coaching at St Mary's wore him down and all aspects of his game deteriorated. He became slower, less direct, his finishing became almost as bad as Shane Long's and like all of our players he stopped trying to head the ball.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Broja on 09:44 - Jun 1 with 3714 viewsSaintNick

Broja is still young so can still improve, but he is very much a centre forward, if you give him the ball at his feet he can make some blistering runs at goal, but if he doesn't score then he has done little else.

He had a purple patch mid season when he scored his 6 Premier League goals for us, but then didn't score in the final 16 league games for us.

If i'm harsh I would say he got found out, other sides worked out how to deal with him, his problem then was he didn't have the guile in him to make runs off the ball, he didn't create space for others, he didn't create chances for others and more to the point he didn't know how to adapt his own game.

He is a reactive player not a pro active player.

For his size he isn't great in the air, he isnt a Calvin Lewin who can tower above defenders.

This sounds a damning verdict and Mytchettsaint says it was more about the way we were playing than him, but I would differ a bit I think a lot of our problems going forward were because of him and his inability to adapt in games, other teams cut the supply off to him, when they got the ball they held him up and pushed him out of danger.

He couldnt lose them and create space for himself or as i said earlier others and he couldn't hold the ball up, his strength was getting the ball at his feet and running at defenders and using brute force to try and get through

Ralph persevered with him when he really shouldn't have and dropped him for others, but I suspect we were trying to keep him sweet to persuade him to come back, but the longer the run went on without a goal, the longer I felt he wasn't the man for us.

Will he make a Premier League player, yes i think he will in time, but he will need a team that suits his style of play, that plays balls into channels so he can run on to them and force his way through, if that is Everton then he might suit you.

If i had to give a comparison then I would say Andy Carroll without the heading ability

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Broja on 11:12 - Jun 1 with 3649 viewssolent_toffee

Broja on 09:33 - Jun 1 by dirk_doone

Richarlison is off then. I'd guess Broja would score as many goals as he did. When he first arrived from Chelsea, he was excellent but I think the coaching at St Mary's wore him down and all aspects of his game deteriorated. He became slower, less direct, his finishing became almost as bad as Shane Long's and like all of our players he stopped trying to head the ball.

I would say at least one of Richarlison or DCL will be off this summer to try to balance the books and bring in new players. It’s a shame but inevitable. Pickford is probably the only other genuinely sellable player and they can’t afford to let him go.

Broja would certainly fit the bill in trying to bring young hungry players in as opposed to what they’ve done over the past 6-7 years. I can see a few Chelsea players going to Everton this summer, either loans or buying them, given Lampard and his staffs links to them.
Broja on 12:04 - Jun 1 with 3609 viewsSaintNick

Broja on 09:33 - Jun 1 by dirk_doone

It is simple to blame the coaching staff, when he first arrived he struggled, yes he got a couple og goals at Newport but that was a shooting gallery against the League two sides second string, he didn't score and made little impression in his first 4 appearances inthe Premier League although they were all as sub, he had a couple of purple patches, but ultimately 6 goals in 32 games is not a good return.

Strikers have an instinct it is something that in that part of their game you cant coach either in or for that matter out of them.

You either have the knack or you don't, perhaps you can blame the coaching staff for him getting slower, although when he came ralph intimated he wasn't working hard enough in training hence his lack of game time early on.

A players finishing is again something that coaching doesnt always help, players work on finishing individually after training, although I concede he would get little help from our training staff.

He didn't stop trying to head a ball, he didn't really start doing so for his height he had no aerial presence in the opposition box, his problem was he didn't have the nous were to make the runs, he was a reactive player, he did well with the ball at his feet running a tthe opposition, his game was not about making space for himself, just brute force

Broja on 12:57 - Jun 1 with 3555 viewssaint22

Broja on 09:44 - Jun 1 by SaintNick

Broja is still young so can still improve, but he is very much a centre forward, if you give him the ball at his feet he can make some blistering runs at goal, but if he doesn't score then he has done little else.

He had a purple patch mid season when he scored his 6 Premier League goals for us, but then didn't score in the final 16 league games for us.

If i'm harsh I would say he got found out, other sides worked out how to deal with him, his problem then was he didn't have the guile in him to make runs off the ball, he didn't create space for others, he didn't create chances for others and more to the point he didn't know how to adapt his own game.

He is a reactive player not a pro active player.

For his size he isn't great in the air, he isnt a Calvin Lewin who can tower above defenders.

This sounds a damning verdict and Mytchettsaint says it was more about the way we were playing than him, but I would differ a bit I think a lot of our problems going forward were because of him and his inability to adapt in games, other teams cut the supply off to him, when they got the ball they held him up and pushed him out of danger.

He couldnt lose them and create space for himself or as i said earlier others and he couldn't hold the ball up, his strength was getting the ball at his feet and running at defenders and using brute force to try and get through

Ralph persevered with him when he really shouldn't have and dropped him for others, but I suspect we were trying to keep him sweet to persuade him to come back, but the longer the run went on without a goal, the longer I felt he wasn't the man for us.

Will he make a Premier League player, yes i think he will in time, but he will need a team that suits his style of play, that plays balls into channels so he can run on to them and force his way through, if that is Everton then he might suit you.

If i had to give a comparison then I would say Andy Carroll without the heading ability

You do talk some nonsense

He was far more proactive early in the season creating things and goals out of nothing, this tailed off which you have to ask why

And tp compare him to Andy Carroll is just silly
Broja on 13:27 - Jun 1 with 3537 viewsElijahK

Not too bothered about loosing him if I’ve gotta be honest. As I’d prefer to have him permanently than on loan/not to have him, but at the same time, he only got 8/9 goals in the league this season, and hasn’t scored since the end of February/start of March, and created very little after.
But he had his decent spell beforehand, which is why I’m not too fussed as to whether we get him or not, as we certainly need a new/another striker, but he’s not a certain package and for what Chelsea supposedly want for him, I don’t know if he’s worth it.

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Broja on 15:01 - Jun 1 with 3481 viewsSaintNick

Broja on 12:57 - Jun 1 by saint22

You do talk some nonsense

He was far more proactive early in the season creating things and goals out of nothing, this tailed off which you have to ask why

And tp compare him to Andy Carroll is just silly

Do I talk some nonsense , you say early in the season he scored and created things andgoals out of nothing !

Right lets talk stats (Premier League only)

He played 32 games

Broja scored his first goal for Saints in the league two months into the season, so hardly early season

He scored 6 goals all with his right foot, no headers or left foot goals

He had 45 shots, but only 21 shots on target, that's 47% accuracy

He had a ratio of 0.66% chances per game

He missed 5 big chances

He had 0 assists

He created 2 big chances not converted

He crossed the ball 8 times.

He averaged 12 passes a match.

These are the official Premier League stats, not exactly the stats of a man who was creating things and goals out of nothing.

You say you have to ask why he tailed off a and what you can surmise from this is that early on other teams were unsure what he could do, later on they realised that he was all one footed and dealt with him to counter that.

Being honest Adam Armstrong scored twice and had 3 assists, his contribution to the goals was only 1 less than Broja

Login to get fewer ads

Broja on 17:06 - Jun 1 with 3395 views1teeminants

He’s a quality player mate who is wanted by many clubs in the premier league and several clubs in Europe and it’s easy to see why. He obviously had a change of attitude and a confidence dip during the season with us and you could his body language wasn’t right whether that was due to the Chelsea crisis or not we don’t know but he wasn’t found out as some suggest it was all in his head I think. For some to suggest he may not be quite good enough is just crazy. I guarantee he’ll be a top class striker if he ends up at the right club , you can see it a mile off.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2022 17:09]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Broja on 17:50 - Jun 1 with 3358 viewsChesham_Saint

Broja on 17:06 - Jun 1 by 1teeminants

He’s a quality player mate who is wanted by many clubs in the premier league and several clubs in Europe and it’s easy to see why. He obviously had a change of attitude and a confidence dip during the season with us and you could his body language wasn’t right whether that was due to the Chelsea crisis or not we don’t know but he wasn’t found out as some suggest it was all in his head I think. For some to suggest he may not be quite good enough is just crazy. I guarantee he’ll be a top class striker if he ends up at the right club , you can see it a mile off.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2022 17:09]

On the plus side he is one ugly looking dude and for those still in therapy after Iain Dowie that is an important consideration…

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Broja on 18:35 - Jun 1 with 3334 viewssaint22

Broja on 15:01 - Jun 1 by SaintNick

Do I talk some nonsense , you say early in the season he scored and created things andgoals out of nothing !

Right lets talk stats (Premier League only)

He played 32 games

Broja scored his first goal for Saints in the league two months into the season, so hardly early season

He scored 6 goals all with his right foot, no headers or left foot goals

He had 45 shots, but only 21 shots on target, that's 47% accuracy

He had a ratio of 0.66% chances per game

He missed 5 big chances

He had 0 assists

He created 2 big chances not converted

He crossed the ball 8 times.

He averaged 12 passes a match.

These are the official Premier League stats, not exactly the stats of a man who was creating things and goals out of nothing.

You say you have to ask why he tailed off a and what you can surmise from this is that early on other teams were unsure what he could do, later on they realised that he was all one footed and dealt with him to counter that.

Being honest Adam Armstrong scored twice and had 3 assists, his contribution to the goals was only 1 less than Broja

he is a young player who needs time and the right coaching

to say he is andy carroll is insane
Broja on 18:38 - Jun 1 with 3331 views1885_SFC

He's class whenever I've watched him play for Albania - that's for sure.

Old School is Cool

Broja on 14:25 - Jun 3 with 3008 viewsGasGiant

He reminded me in some ways of former Saint Egil Ostentadt - a big strong striker who bore down the goal and (usually) put it away - except for two factors 1) Ostenstadt played in front of goal whereas too often Broja is drifting out towards the sides and relying on cutting in round a defender. But the main factor was that Ostanstadt had a great understanding with players like Eyal Berkovic and Marian Pahars who would play the ball between defenders at the right time and speed for Ostenstadt to run onto. If Broja had someone like Berkovich in the current side who could thread the ball through a needle for him to run onto he would score as many goals, and there's the problem. He's the wrong sort of striker for the current team.
Broja on 17:17 - Jun 3 with 2933 viewskernow

Aggressive, direct and strong. He had a single minded selfishness typical of a striker. I thought he was a great asset to the team and played alongside a striker like Che Adams would be part of a potent strike force. Not sure when or why it all went wrong and came to an end.
Broja on 20:43 - Jun 5 with 2604 viewsPoirot

We burned him out at his age expectingt too much due to mismanagament from the manager. West Ham have watched him at several games and i suspect will be first choice, unless chelsea offer him more than just a possible bench slot.
Broja on 20:55 - Jun 5 with 2596 viewsSadoldgit

So when someone doesn’t perform it is the fault of the manager? Ok.
Or perhaps it was down to him not being ready to put in consistent performances yet?
I very doubt if he will get many starts for Chelsea next season if he stays there.
Broja on 23:16 - Jun 5 with 2541 viewscocklebreath

Broja on 20:55 - Jun 5 by Sadoldgit

So when someone doesn’t perform it is the fault of the manager? Ok.
Or perhaps it was down to him not being ready to put in consistent performances yet?
I very doubt if he will get many starts for Chelsea next season if he stays there.

Ralph can do no wrong in your book sogs. I think Broja has been poorly managed by Ralph but not as badly as Tino has, he’s gone from a swashbuckling attacking full back to tippy tappy nothing full back. Of course he’s now injured but he lost his flair long before the injury.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Broja on 23:49 - Jun 5 with 2522 viewsPatfromPoole

Broja is a class above any other striker we have.

At his best, he bordered on unplayable at times.

He also looked on several occasions like he couldn’t give a toss.

Overall would far rather have him than not, simply as he will score the goals to keep us up.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Broja on 23:55 - Jun 5 with 2520 viewsPatfromPoole

“Andy Carroll without the heading ability” is a comment I can only assume Nick was pissed when he typed.

Broja has pretty decent pace and skill, neither of which Andy Carroll ever possessed.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Broja on 00:03 - Jun 6 with 2517 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Andy Carroll. Who got married in Hampshire today ... (4 seasons in Fleet)

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Broja on 08:59 - Jun 6 with 2397 viewsSadoldgit

Broja on 23:16 - Jun 5 by cocklebreath

Ralph can do no wrong in your book sogs. I think Broja has been poorly managed by Ralph but not as badly as Tino has, he’s gone from a swashbuckling attacking full back to tippy tappy nothing full back. Of course he’s now injured but he lost his flair long before the injury.

Not necessarily, but I don’t think it is fair to blame him because certain players either have t got it in them to perform consistently or go through poor spells. They are paid to do a job. If you or I don’t put in a shift we are the ones who get it in the neck, not our managers. Ralph himseld said that you don’t expect youngsters like Tino and Broja to be brilliant ever week. Once teams work out newcomers it is always going to be harder for them and so it is the case with these two. Tino seems to have the better attitude of the two at the moment. I am not sure whether Broja has it in him to be a consistently prolific scorer at this level but we shall see. I don’t think he is good enough for Chelsea but if he sorts himself out he can have a decent career in the EPL. It is managers and coaches job to get him into positions to score, which often happened. It is his job to put the ball in the net, which often didn’t happen. There are parts of his game that are excellent, and other parts that are non existent. Whether that is down to poor management, poor attitude or a general lack in his skill set, I guess we shall find out in time.
Broja on 14:10 - Jun 7 with 2259 views1885_SFC

Ings is available after falling out with Villa...

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/aston-villa-news/aston-villa-transfers-pa

Old School is Cool

Broja on 14:51 - Jun 7 with 2214 viewsdarthvader

Broja on 14:10 - Jun 7 by 1885_SFC

Ings is available after falling out with Villa...

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/aston-villa-news/aston-villa-transfers-pa

Would we have him back ? Awkward,,
Touchy subject considering most of us called him Money grabbing snakey cuñt , which ofcourse is what he is .

keep the faith coyr

Broja on 14:52 - Jun 7 with 2213 viewsdarthvader

Broja on 14:51 - Jun 7 by darthvader

Would we have him back ? Awkward,,
Touchy subject considering most of us called him Money grabbing snakey cuñt , which ofcourse is what he is .

Oh and Forest are looking to sign Broja

keep the faith coyr

Broja on 19:02 - Jun 7 with 2110 viewssledger

i thought he was quite strong in the air and looked a powerful player until the squad decided they had done enough and downed tools,he certainly won more in the air than adams who couldnt win a header if it hit him on the back of his head
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024