Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Street Parties 08:57 - Jun 3 with 4373 viewsSaintNick

Whose street is having a party this weekend and more to the point will you go or are you not bothered with all this monarchy lark

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Street Parties on 09:32 - Jun 3 with 2986 viewsPatfromPoole

It’s not so much the monarchy lark, it’s more some of the oddballs I live near.

Have managed to fall out with the neighbours on both sides of our house, which I’m sure those who know me will be less than surprised to hear 🙄

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Street Parties on 09:44 - Jun 3 with 2978 viewsPatfromPoole

Though am currently on holiday in West Somerset, where there seems to be a lot more bunting, flags etc on display than in the Poole / Bournemouth area…..

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Street Parties on 10:04 - Jun 3 with 2954 viewssolent_toffee

There’s nothing going on in our street but plenty in the local area around Hamble and Bursledon.

I won’t be joining in, I have zero interest in the royal family, never have done and never will do. I’m not a foam at the mouth anarchist or anything, if people want to celebrate them, crack on. It’s just not for me.
Street Parties on 10:38 - Jun 3 with 2919 viewsWints76

Street Parties on 10:04 - Jun 3 by solent_toffee

There’s nothing going on in our street but plenty in the local area around Hamble and Bursledon.

I won’t be joining in, I have zero interest in the royal family, never have done and never will do. I’m not a foam at the mouth anarchist or anything, if people want to celebrate them, crack on. It’s just not for me.

Yep, same as this. Just not really my thing. There is a party Sunday afternoon in the next road but I will be watching Wales v Ukraine. No offence to the Queen, but I am far more interested in that. Hope everyone has fun though. Mind, off to London this afternoon for that Abba thing and have just realised that it may be busier around town with people getting in my way
Street Parties on 11:08 - Jun 3 with 2877 viewsNumber_58

The union jack sellers must have made an absolute fortune. All we need is a pile of pallets with an effigy of the Pope on top and we could open up our neighbourhood as 'The Shankhill Road Experience'.
Street Parties on 12:19 - Jun 3 with 2805 views1885_SFC

Prince Andrew will not be attending the celebrations this weekend, as he's - ahem - 'got Covid'.

Would Jubileeve it?

I wonder if he'll get night sweats?

Old School is Cool

Street Parties on 12:24 - Jun 3 with 2796 viewsSadoldgit

There is a picnic arranged on the local cricket pitch tomorrow so we will go along to that. We have put up bunting too. Not bothered about Royalty but I’d is an historic event and an excuse to get together with the locals, drink and have a laugh, something we used to do regularly pre Covid but hasn’t happened for 2 years now.
Street Parties on 12:39 - Jun 3 with 2777 views1885_SFC

Mrs Scoggins, the dear old pensioner opposite, handed out one of these to everyone in the street yesterday - bless.

Old School is Cool

Login to get fewer ads

Street Parties on 13:01 - Jun 3 with 2744 viewsSaintsforeverj

Yes, got the bunting out and having a modest party tomorrow. It's for the historic occasion of 70 years on the thrown but also a chance to have a bit of fun and positivity after the last few years. It makes GB unique and look at the joy it brings to so many people in the crowds. It won't ever happen again in our life time, or ever. Don't care too much about the rest of the royal family (although William, Kate and their kids might save it) but this 96 year old lady has met 14 different prime ministers, been through wars, and seen the world / country change dramatically. I think she in particular, deserves great respect for continuing so long, for being so dignified, for having integrity and she deserves the country celebrating her reign. And it's an excuse to have a few drinks!
[Post edited 3 Jun 2022 13:03]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Street Parties on 14:33 - Jun 3 with 2674 views1teeminants

Street Parties on 13:01 - Jun 3 by Saintsforeverj

Yes, got the bunting out and having a modest party tomorrow. It's for the historic occasion of 70 years on the thrown but also a chance to have a bit of fun and positivity after the last few years. It makes GB unique and look at the joy it brings to so many people in the crowds. It won't ever happen again in our life time, or ever. Don't care too much about the rest of the royal family (although William, Kate and their kids might save it) but this 96 year old lady has met 14 different prime ministers, been through wars, and seen the world / country change dramatically. I think she in particular, deserves great respect for continuing so long, for being so dignified, for having integrity and she deserves the country celebrating her reign. And it's an excuse to have a few drinks!
[Post edited 3 Jun 2022 13:03]

I think the Queen is great she just gets on with things and performs her duties well. Some of the Royal family I haven’t got much respect for but I admire the Queen. I enjoyed watching trooping the colour and fully respect the soldiers, the training and drilling they have to go through but I know it’s not for everyone. No parties in my road it’s my partners birthday so going out for a few beers and meal.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Street Parties on 14:43 - Jun 3 with 2656 viewsSaintsforeverj

Street Parties on 14:33 - Jun 3 by 1teeminants

I think the Queen is great she just gets on with things and performs her duties well. Some of the Royal family I haven’t got much respect for but I admire the Queen. I enjoyed watching trooping the colour and fully respect the soldiers, the training and drilling they have to go through but I know it’s not for everyone. No parties in my road it’s my partners birthday so going out for a few beers and meal.

Agreed. There's not many (if any) 96 year olds who continue work and carry out duties, so for that she has my respect. I know she gets help and is well looked after, but she could have retired and still been looked after, but she clearly has a sense of duty and loves the country. Despite people's reservation about the Monarchy, the vast majority respect and like the Queen. She deserves a bit of a celebration. This jubilee is all about her, and not about the royal family as such.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2022 14:44]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Street Parties on 15:26 - Jun 3 with 2611 viewsElijahK

Couldn’t give a toss about all the monarchy sh*t!
As she’s had a life of luxury and does nothing that the average person couldn’t do when being in her position, other than getting a few quid off of the tourists.
Never understood one bit of how soo many respect/love her to the levels that some do…
[Post edited 3 Jun 2022 15:28]

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Street Parties on 16:03 - Jun 3 with 2572 viewssaintwizzler

Street Parties on 15:26 - Jun 3 by ElijahK

As she’s had a life of luxury and does nothing that the average person couldn’t do when being in her position, other than getting a few quid off of the tourists.
Never understood one bit of how soo many respect/love her to the levels that some do…

Did you enjoy your day off yesterday?

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Street Parties on 21:29 - Jun 3 with 2377 viewskingslandstand1

Street Parties on 16:03 - Jun 3 by saintwizzler

Street Parties on 21:31 - Jun 3 with 2374 viewsChesham_Saint

I guess she won’t have a problem just saving up for things like the rest of us then, will she?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Street Parties on 23:04 - Jun 3 with 2327 viewsElijahK

Street Parties on 16:03 - Jun 3 by saintwizzler

Didn’t have one, did get me a few extra quid though as it was optional to have one off

Street Parties on 23:06 - Jun 3 with 2327 viewsElijahK

Street Parties on 21:31 - Jun 3 by Chesham_Saint

I guess she won’t have a problem just saving up for things like the rest of us then, will she?

Yeah as she gives out/does loads of extraordinary things for us and country, that no other person in the world could, doesn’t she

Street Parties on 23:18 - Jun 3 with 2320 viewsSadoldgit

I’m not a royalist, but can you imagine doing what she has to do every day into your 90’s? She has been a consummate professional and has sacrificed what we would consider a normal life for one of duty. When you consider what a light weight we have as a PM right now she puts into contrast what we should expect from someone in a such a high position. I have utmost respect for her. I don’t think many people would sacrifice a normal life for hers. A life of luxury? Having to make small talk with strangers day after day after day is my idea of hell. Living your life in a goldfish bowl is my idea of hell. Living in Buckingham Palace is my idea of hell. I wouldn’t trade places with her for all the money in the world.
Street Parties on 02:34 - Jun 4 with 2263 viewsBicester_North

Street Parties on 23:06 - Jun 3 by ElijahK

Yeah as she gives out/does loads of extraordinary things for us and country, that no other person in the world could, doesn’t she

Yeah I mean I hope the country aren’t loosing respect for her and such
[Post edited 4 Jun 2022 2:35]

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Street Parties on 05:58 - Jun 4 with 2221 views1teeminants

It’s an age thing I think Elijah . My son’s the same age as you, he and his mates feel the same, In my opinion when they were growing up they spent too much time sitting in their bedrooms over the years on x box and FIFA to realise what’s actually going on in the real world and even now haven’t got much time for the news or the odd documentary although he does like David Attenborough and has time for that which I’m pleased about. If people actually sat down (and I’m not saying you don’t ) and watched something about the Queen and what she has to do day in, day out with no fuss whatsoever you may feel differently (or you may not) but don’t forget she didn’t volunteer into any of this she was born into it . I have the utmost respect for her.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2022 6:07]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Street Parties on 06:31 - Jun 4 with 2200 viewssaintwizzler

Street Parties on 05:58 - Jun 4 by 1teeminants

It’s an age thing I think Elijah . My son’s the same age as you, he and his mates feel the same, In my opinion when they were growing up they spent too much time sitting in their bedrooms over the years on x box and FIFA to realise what’s actually going on in the real world and even now haven’t got much time for the news or the odd documentary although he does like David Attenborough and has time for that which I’m pleased about. If people actually sat down (and I’m not saying you don’t ) and watched something about the Queen and what she has to do day in, day out with no fuss whatsoever you may feel differently (or you may not) but don’t forget she didn’t volunteer into any of this she was born into it . I have the utmost respect for her.

In a nutshell.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Street Parties on 09:33 - Jun 4 with 2099 viewsCenturion

I think the Queen has been our monarch for so long we almost take her for granted.

When she passes away I really believe that as a nation we will only realise how sorely missed she is.

Charles will become King and then I imagine the debate will start for a royal family that is less extensive and perhaps a little less remote.

Having said that, whilst the Queen remains alive who could begrudge her the respect and accolade of one of the greatest monarchs in our history.
Street Parties on 10:14 - Jun 4 with 2063 viewsWints76

Street Parties on 09:33 - Jun 4 by Centurion

I think the Queen has been our monarch for so long we almost take her for granted.

When she passes away I really believe that as a nation we will only realise how sorely missed she is.

Charles will become King and then I imagine the debate will start for a royal family that is less extensive and perhaps a little less remote.

Having said that, whilst the Queen remains alive who could begrudge her the respect and accolade of one of the greatest monarchs in our history.

Yep, it's not my thing but I have a lot of respect for the Queen (and Anne, who uses her position for a lot of good). Charles is going to have a bloody hard job on his hands (and his sausage like fingers). I don't think the love and respect is there and I am not sure he will be up to it. His son seems to be the better option later on. I think he will get that chance, but agreed there may need to be some scaling back. (NOT scaly back,I don't buy in to that theory)
Street Parties on 10:32 - Jun 4 with 2046 viewsChesham_Saint

Street Parties on 23:06 - Jun 3 by ElijahK

You really are one naive little boy at times Elijah. Do some proper research and come back with a reasoned critique and you just might win some hearts and minds over to your point of view.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Street Parties on 11:26 - Jun 4 with 2014 viewsElijahK

Street Parties on 05:58 - Jun 4 by 1teeminants

Mate I am young adult, but in all fairness I was never too into all that Xbox stuff, or at least haven’t been for quite a while now. As I watch a bit of news here and there, but as someone who’s doing environmental studies like course at uni, I watched a lot of blue planet and such, and still do.

But I do agree that it can be down to age, as certainly in the past (before Prime Ministers and such had the power they do today) the royal family did do a lot, and if you go far enough back, they even fought in wars and actually made some hard decisions. But these days with our royal family, they don’t do anywhere near as much, and get a life of luxury for free, overspending on houses, trips, cars etc.

And yeahh I get what your saying about how they were born into it, which is why I don’t have anything against any of them, it’s just I don’t have anything for them ether, and being born into it isn’t necessarily a bad thing. As I get that the queen goes all across the world to meet people, do speeches and all that sort of stuff, but my point has always been that firstly, when she’s going there and doing this, it’s not like she’s in the economy section of the plane, or at your typical 3/4 star hotel etc, as she’ll have her own jet, hotel, chef, limo etc, and gets a life of luxury every day, that none of us will probably have once in our lifetime.
And the things that she actually goes abroad to do, aren’t things that we’d probably struggle doing. As she’s not having loads of guts and standing up for what’s right and protesting major issues like Martin Luther King jr, or bring a major athlete that’s had soo much commitment to that sport which has made them the very best they could be at it etc. No, she’s just having a chat/showing off to a crowd with things that ether of us could do. And that is why I never can get/understand how soo many love/adore her to the levels that they do.

As we’ve got a National anthem, a whole day/week about her, will get time off when she passes away etc, all for someone who’s had it all ready made for her. Whilst there’s many people that have helped the British economy, inventors/technicians, soldiers, doctors etc, who are literally saving lives, and doing things that soo few of us could/can do, due to their levels of commitment, bravery and sheer will to do the best that they can. And these people don’t always get a life of luxury when doing all of this, as unlike the queen, they will be in economy when going abroad, and will be staying in your typical 3/4 star hotel etc. Yet they’ve saved lives, made this country soo much better than many others around the world and allowed us to live a pretty easy/safe life.
But those people don’t get a national anthem about them, a whole day of respect and celebration, the levels of money/respect they deserve. Yet the queen does, even though without her our society could easily still run, yet without those that I named above, it would be chaos…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024