Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kick ins may now be introduced… 22:05 - Jun 13 with 1854 viewsElijahK

So thanks to Wenger, we might now see kick ins…
Does make you wonder of whether we’ll be able to even recognise this game as the same sport in like 20 years time with the way it’s heading!

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61784848.amp
[Post edited 13 Jun 2022 22:06]

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Kick ins may now be introduced… on 22:27 - Jun 13 with 1816 viewsSaintNick

Kicks in are the most stupid thing I have heard, it will slow the game down not speed it up and see teams getting a throw in near their own goal area be able to launch it into the opposition box

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Kick ins may now be introduced… on 07:34 - Jun 14 with 1642 viewsdarthvader

Kick ins may now be introduced… on 22:27 - Jun 13 by SaintNick

Kicks in are the most stupid thing I have heard, it will slow the game down not speed it up and see teams getting a throw in near their own goal area be able to launch it into the opposition box

Good for us if we keep Jwp but this is the stupidest thing .

However ive screamed at our players to take quick throw ins for sometime . The ponderous routine which we employ is just embarrassing and slow .

keep the faith coyr

Kick ins may now be introduced… on 07:40 - Jun 14 with 1640 viewsPatfromPoole

I’m not convinced this is such a bad idea.

Painful beyond belief how bad we are at throw-ins.

Might speed the game up and lead to more goalmouth action.

I think it’s worth a try. Ditch it if it doesn’t work.

Maybe trial it in an inferior league like Scotland. Or League One.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2022 7:42]

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Kick ins may now be introduced… on 07:48 - Jun 14 with 1630 viewssaintwizzler

Kick ins may now be introduced… on 07:40 - Jun 14 by PatfromPoole

Does this mean the end of Salisu’s medium throws?!
Getting a Center Back who should be one of the best headers of the ball in the team to take a long throw that turns out to be far from long is another Hassenhüttl masterstoke.

WTF he’ll dream up if kick ins replace the throw in god only knows!?
McCarthy coming forward to chip the ball in?

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Kick ins may now be introduced… on 08:23 - Jun 14 with 1595 viewsPatfromPoole

Kick ins may now be introduced… on 07:48 - Jun 14 by saintwizzler

Getting a Center Back who should be one of the best headers of the ball in the team to take a long throw that turns out to be far from long is another Hassenhüttl masterstoke.

Djenepo to fire in a rapier-like cross with his usual precision, bae.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Kick ins may now be introduced… on 08:58 - Jun 14 with 1573 viewsSonicBoom

Currently teams often use their player with the longest throw (or inn our case Salisu). So now surely they will just use whoever has the longest kick to just boom it up field. How is that any better for the game?
Wenger must be laughing all the way to the bank. He probably got a fat consultancy fee to come up with that drivel.
Kick ins may now be introduced… on 09:33 - Jun 14 with 1531 viewsSadoldgit

Why do they have to keep fiddling with the rules? Perhaps they should spend more time on making sure they get the current ones right?
Kick ins may now be introduced… on 09:56 - Jun 14 with 1506 viewssaint68

With our defensive ariel prowess we'll be shipping goals by the dozen...

Thanks Arsene-hol

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Login to get fewer ads

Kick ins may now be introduced… on 10:45 - Jun 14 with 1468 viewskingolaf

Wenger is a buffoon.

Is he still working on a World Cup every 2 years?
Kick ins may now be introduced… on 10:58 - Jun 14 with 1461 viewssaint901

Can't be any worse for us than the throw ins we take, esp the painful embarrassment that is Salisu's "long" throw.

It will make it more important to take the throw/kick in from the right place because we see ALL players (ours as well) regularly steal 10/15/20 metres every time.

Modern coaching says that teams should keep the ball rather than try that speculative pass which is exciting but works only 1 time in 4. (Painfully obvious in the England farce against Hungary, Germany, Italy and no doubt Hungary again tonight). If there is a kick in, will it be short or launched with a chance to lose the ball (and score a goal?)
Kick ins may now be introduced… on 17:48 - Jun 14 with 1342 viewsChesham_Saint

Kick ins may now be introduced… on 09:33 - Jun 14 by Sadoldgit

Why do they have to keep fiddling with the rules? Perhaps they should spend more time on making sure they get the current ones right?

Bang on there Sogs. If it ain’t broken don’t try and fvcking fix it. From changing linesmen to “Assistant Referees” to letting Manc u get a free pass in the Cup, the football authorities just aren’t up to the job in hand.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Kick ins may now be introduced… on 18:53 - Jun 14 with 1319 viewssaint22

Kick ins may now be introduced… on 07:40 - Jun 14 by PatfromPoole

agreed
our throw ins are cack we lose the ball virtually every time with Salisu out of position
as long as AM doesn't take them may b better
[Post edited 14 Jun 2022 18:53]
Kick ins may now be introduced… on 21:09 - Jun 14 with 1257 viewsSaintNick

When i saw the title of this thread I had to say my first thought was that we were going to go back to the 1970's when a good kickin was part and parcel of going to a game

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Kick ins may now be introduced… on 10:19 - Jun 15 with 1131 viewsElijahK

Kick ins may now be introduced… on 22:27 - Jun 13 by SaintNick

Yeah well corners will now be no different to getting a kick in in line with the penalty area, and when teams are winning they’ll take just as long taking a kick in as they do for throw ins.

Kick ins may now be introduced… on 10:24 - Jun 15 with 1130 viewsElijahK

Kick ins may now be introduced… on 09:33 - Jun 14 by Sadoldgit

No I completely agree, as the LOTG have worked for over a century now, and yeah every once in a while we may wanna edit the wording to an only law/create a new cautioning code for a new issues/form of cheating that players are doing etc (so maybe introducing that open play only clock could be the next thing for example), but changing rules completely ain’t the greatest, as thing like KO ain’t such a big deal as it only happens like around 5 times a game and didn’t change too much, but something as major/common as a throw in would completely change the game.
But as a whole the LOTG aren’t needed to change as it’s the sport that they provide which has been soo popular throughout the world, which if they change may not be as popular or fun for anyone, so why do it?

Kick ins may now be introduced… on 12:46 - Jun 15 with 1093 viewssaint901

I do wish the rule about goal kicks being able to be played to your own player, in the penalty box, would revert to the old rule of the ball needing to travel outside the box.

That would limit teams like Saints giving the ball away in their own half and I reckon save us at least half a dozen goals against last season.

Further, we have goal line technology and VAR. The first would be able to spot where a ball has gone out of play. Take a throw more than say 8 metres from there and the decision on whose throw it is is reversed.

If the ball goes out of play for a throw/goal kick/corner etc, VAR can start a timer. Take the throw etc within 20 seconds or decision reversed.

Would speed the game up considerably.
Kick ins may now be introduced… on 15:46 - Jun 15 with 1051 viewsdarthvader

Kick ins may now be introduced… on 12:46 - Jun 15 by saint901

I do wish the rule about goal kicks being able to be played to your own player, in the penalty box, would revert to the old rule of the ball needing to travel outside the box.

That would limit teams like Saints giving the ball away in their own half and I reckon save us at least half a dozen goals against last season.

Further, we have goal line technology and VAR. The first would be able to spot where a ball has gone out of play. Take a throw more than say 8 metres from there and the decision on whose throw it is is reversed.

If the ball goes out of play for a throw/goal kick/corner etc, VAR can start a timer. Take the throw etc within 20 seconds or decision reversed.

I like it but reduce 8m to 8ft .

Also the kick in ...would it be a no offside ruling from a kickin like throw ins?

keep the faith coyr

Kick ins may now be introduced… on 21:28 - Jun 15 with 1008 viewsElijahK

Kick ins may now be introduced… on 15:46 - Jun 15 by darthvader

I like it but reduce 8m to 8ft .

Also the kick in ...would it be a no offside ruling from a kickin like throw ins?

They’d have to do that, otherwise all the defence could just line up a few metres in front, meaning that it’ll be too dangerous for that attacking team, especially when it just came outta the opponents touching the ball last before it went out at the sidelines

Kick ins may now be introduced… on 21:32 - Jun 15 with 1006 viewsElijahK

Kick ins may now be introduced… on 12:46 - Jun 15 by saint901

Well that throw in distance rule is kinda in play today, but like the 6 second rule, most refs don’t take it to complete literality. Although maybe they should do, especially for higher leagues, as it can be hard with how easy it is to be caught off guard when it’s just a throw in, as to how far they’ve gone.
And VAR/goal line tech wise, it wouldn’t work as it would take far too long and would remove all sense of a quick throw in or such, and goal line tech is more for going over the line rather than where.
But time wise is like the distance issue, as refs just need to be told/have the backing from the FA to be stricter on it

Kick ins may now be introduced… on 11:58 - Jun 16 with 926 viewsBerber

Kick ins may now be introduced… on 07:48 - Jun 14 by saintwizzler

That really would add a lot of wasted time. It takes him 30 secs to decide if he’s going to take it, then there is the long or short conundrum.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024