Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit Scuppers Southampton Goalkeeper Signing ! 12:50 - Jun 17 with 3383 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/57904/brexit-scuppers-so

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Brexit Scuppers Southampton Goalkeeper Signing ! on 14:23 - Jun 17 with 2661 viewsDorsetIan

Excellent. It's about time we had a Brexit thread on this forum.

I wondered how long it would be before the Remainiacs were blaming Saints' current woes on the 2016 vote.

Nothing has been caused by Brexit - we should all know that by now ffs.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Brexit Scuppers Southampton Goalkeeper Signing ! on 14:43 - Jun 17 with 2629 viewsButty101

This is a good thing as it will hopefully increase the chances for home grown players. Lets be honest, we have signed a lot of dross from abroad in recent years when there was probably a better fir in the lower leagues.
Had we signed Joe Worrall last summer rather than Lyanco, maybe our defence would have been a bit less rubbish.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Brexit Scuppers Southampton Goalkeeper Signing ! on 15:41 - Jun 17 with 2574 viewsRon11

Brexit Scuppers Southampton Goalkeeper Signing ! on 14:43 - Jun 17 by Butty101

This is a good thing as it will hopefully increase the chances for home grown players. Lets be honest, we have signed a lot of dross from abroad in recent years when there was probably a better fir in the lower leagues.
Had we signed Joe Worrall last summer rather than Lyanco, maybe our defence would have been a bit less rubbish.

If we had the current Forest manager instead of the indecisive waffling drip we've got now results might have been better and doom and gloom conversations might have been a thing of the past.
Brexit Scuppers Southampton Goalkeeper Signing ! on 16:20 - Jun 17 with 2525 viewsButty101

Brexit Scuppers Southampton Goalkeeper Signing ! on 15:41 - Jun 17 by Ron11

If we had the current Forest manager instead of the indecisive waffling drip we've got now results might have been better and doom and gloom conversations might have been a thing of the past.

He would have been a great fit, along with Howe. However we couldnt afford to sack Ralph. Hopefully we are getting to the point the club can move on from his 3 years of zero improvement.

Brexit Scuppers Southampton Goalkeeper Signing ! on 16:59 - Jun 17 with 2471 viewsSadoldgit

Brexit Scuppers Southampton Goalkeeper Signing ! on 14:43 - Jun 17 by Butty101

Too right! What was the point of taking back control if we still have bloody Johnny Foreigner playing for us? Kick them all out and fill the team with lower league players. Bloody foreigners. They don’t like it up ‘em.
Brexit Scuppers Southampton Goalkeeper Signing ! on 17:21 - Jun 17 with 2459 viewsButty101

Brexit Scuppers Southampton Goalkeeper Signing ! on 16:59 - Jun 17 by Sadoldgit

Too right! What was the point of taking back control if we still have bloody Johnny Foreigner playing for us? Kick them all out and fill the team with lower league players. Bloody foreigners. They don’t like it up ‘em.

You are such a plonker.

If we are signing messi type quality great. But we are not. We get dnepo . How about our scouts look for a Steve guppy to someone of that ilk that can play and comes form the lower leagues.

Brexit Scuppers Southampton Goalkeeper Signing ! on 17:50 - Jun 17 with 2414 viewsRon11

Brexit Scuppers Southampton Goalkeeper Signing ! on 17:21 - Jun 17 by Butty101

You are such a plonker.

If we are signing messi type quality great. But we are not. We get dnepo . How about our scouts look for a Steve guppy to someone of that ilk that can play and comes form the lower leagues.

We get the likes of Osvaldo, Carrillo, and other arrogant/useless dross.
There was a time I couldn't wait to get to St.Mary's to see Rickie Lambert play, a real British non arrogant, non diving, non whingeing footballer.
I'm sure there are other Rickies in the Championship or lower - I think Adam Armstrong could have been one if had been given the chance and a midfield that got the ball to his feet - let's hope he does get that chance.
Unfortunately these days it seems to be that you are a racist if all you want to find is a decent British striker and give him a chance instead of leaving Armstrong on the bench and playing the likes of Djenepo to run about like a headless chicken.
Of course when you do advocate British you get pathetic lefty comments about 'johnny foreigner' and other Dad's Army nonsense.
Time they shut the fu ck up.
Brexit Scuppers Southampton Goalkeeper Signing ! on 18:10 - Jun 17 with 2392 viewsSpringhill_old_boy

If it was the Polish fella .. looks as if its been resolved

https://www.skysports.com/football/live-blog/11095/12476234/transfer-centre-paul
Login to get fewer ads

Brexit Scuppers Southampton Goalkeeper Signing ! on 18:13 - Jun 17 with 2387 viewsSaintsforeverj

Yeah I don't really think this article has any relevance. We have instead signed a talented goalkeeper by the sounds of it, so what's the problem?

Edit: And looks like we have signed another one from Poland anyway.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2022 18:25]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Brexit Scuppers Southampton Goalkeeper Signing ! on 20:31 - Jun 17 with 2314 viewsElijahK

Just love it how all these “benefits” of leaving the EU, that they went on about when it was going on, ate still yet to appear, as there’s 0 things that have gotten better from what I’ve seen and certainly none of what the leavers said.
Yet everything that was predicted, by those what wanted to stay, of what would happen if we left has all occurred and exactly how they said it was. I mean these days you can struggle to find anyone who will admit that they voted to leave as soo many are embarrassed of their decisions and of how it’s not helped one bit whatsoever and has left the country in more of a shambles than it’s usually in!
Still that’s just the typical way of politics

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Brexit Scuppers Southampton Goalkeeper Signing ! on 20:32 - Jun 17 with 2310 viewsElijahK

Brexit Scuppers Southampton Goalkeeper Signing ! on 14:23 - Jun 17 by DorsetIan

Excellent. It's about time we had a Brexit thread on this forum.

I wondered how long it would be before the Remainiacs were blaming Saints' current woes on the 2016 vote.

Nothing has been caused by Brexit - we should all know that by now ffs.

I mean the value of the pound compared to other major currencies has had major drops since then, but if that’s not seen as a change then ok

Brexit Scuppers Southampton Goalkeeper Signing ! on 20:39 - Jun 17 with 2302 viewsElijahK

Brexit Scuppers Southampton Goalkeeper Signing ! on 18:13 - Jun 17 by Saintsforeverj

Yeah I don't really think this article has any relevance. We have instead signed a talented goalkeeper by the sounds of it, so what's the problem?

Edit: And looks like we have signed another one from Poland anyway.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2022 18:25]

Doesn’t look as good, but look no ones seen ether of them in the prem so let’s just hope that they could be our next major signing where we’ve spotted the next big thing like Mane, Van Dijk, Ings etc… as it sure has been some time since we last had a decent goalie

Brexit Scuppers Southampton Goalkeeper Signing ! on 22:53 - Jun 17 with 2246 viewsButty101

Brexit Scuppers Southampton Goalkeeper Signing ! on 20:31 - Jun 17 by ElijahK

Just love it how all these “benefits” of leaving the EU, that they went on about when it was going on, ate still yet to appear, as there’s 0 things that have gotten better from what I’ve seen and certainly none of what the leavers said.
Yet everything that was predicted, by those what wanted to stay, of what would happen if we left has all occurred and exactly how they said it was. I mean these days you can struggle to find anyone who will admit that they voted to leave as soo many are embarrassed of their decisions and of how it’s not helped one bit whatsoever and has left the country in more of a shambles than it’s usually in!

To be fair you are a moron so probably wouldn’t be able to comprehend the complexity of brexit.

Brexit Scuppers Southampton Goalkeeper Signing ! on 08:42 - Jun 18 with 2166 viewskernow

Brexit Scuppers Southampton Goalkeeper Signing ! on 22:53 - Jun 17 by Butty101

To be fair you are a moron so probably wouldn’t be able to comprehend the complexity of brexit.

Could you explain some of the benefits and complexities for me?
I never had a problem with freedom of movement as it was beneficial and straightforward.
Brexit Scuppers Southampton Goalkeeper Signing ! on 09:55 - Jun 18 with 2134 viewsElijahK

Brexit Scuppers Southampton Goalkeeper Signing ! on 22:53 - Jun 17 by Butty101

Wow, and that coming from you? The typical arrogant lad that just acts like he knows it all, and will just consistently be that pathetic plastic fan whenever we have our drops in form, yet goes silent whenever we do well.
Still been a while since you’ve used any logic so I guess it makes sense why you might say that…

Brexit Scuppers Southampton Goalkeeper Signing ! on 09:58 - Jun 18 with 2132 viewsElijahK

Brexit Scuppers Southampton Goalkeeper Signing ! on 08:42 - Jun 18 by kernow

Could you explain some of the benefits and complexities for me?
I never had a problem with freedom of movement as it was beneficial and straightforward.

Don’t bother he won’t be able to do that, as he’ll just be his usual childish self and start calling you this that and the other, if you ever disagree with him
[Post edited 18 Jun 2022 10:00]

Brexit Scuppers Southampton Goalkeeper Signing ! on 11:45 - Jun 18 with 2058 viewskingslandstand1

Brexit Scuppers Southampton Goalkeeper Signing ! on 20:31 - Jun 17 by ElijahK

We did all get jabbed and stocked up on the stuff before our European brothers though

(not heavy political debate please, don't do them, but as a complete political layman that's one thing I noticed. I was also a remainer if that counts as I quite liked to status quo of carrying on with what we knew. I also liked the idea of popping across to the continent as and when with no issues. But I'd guess that those that wanted to leave and that wanted to stay will always find the positives since that fateful voting day to suit their own agenda
As I said, just a normal bloke on the street view .............. )
Brexit Scuppers Southampton Goalkeeper Signing ! on 12:54 - Jun 18 with 2020 viewsElijahK

Brexit Scuppers Southampton Goalkeeper Signing ! on 11:45 - Jun 18 by kingslandstand1

We did all get jabbed and stocked up on the stuff before our European brothers though

(not heavy political debate please, don't do them, but as a complete political layman that's one thing I noticed. I was also a remainer if that counts as I quite liked to status quo of carrying on with what we knew. I also liked the idea of popping across to the continent as and when with no issues. But I'd guess that those that wanted to leave and that wanted to stay will always find the positives since that fateful voting day to suit their own agenda
As I said, just a normal bloke on the street view .............. )

No I think the exact same, as brexits gotta be the only time where I’ve actually given a toss about politics as that was very important and did matter. As like you, being in the EU made travel soo much easier and helped the UK in many ways.
But yeah don’t worry I ain’t looking to start a politic debate as it’s already been decided and is now the past, as having debates over politics is like talking to all the controversial theorists for some of the more… out there, theories. As you won’t change their mind, so why even bother anyway.

Brexit Scuppers Southampton Goalkeeper Signing ! on 09:41 - Jun 19 with 1860 viewsChesham_Saint

Brexit Scuppers Southampton Goalkeeper Signing ! on 17:50 - Jun 17 by Ron11

We get the likes of Osvaldo, Carrillo, and other arrogant/useless dross.
There was a time I couldn't wait to get to St.Mary's to see Rickie Lambert play, a real British non arrogant, non diving, non whingeing footballer.
I'm sure there are other Rickies in the Championship or lower - I think Adam Armstrong could have been one if had been given the chance and a midfield that got the ball to his feet - let's hope he does get that chance.
Unfortunately these days it seems to be that you are a racist if all you want to find is a decent British striker and give him a chance instead of leaving Armstrong on the bench and playing the likes of Djenepo to run about like a headless chicken.
Of course when you do advocate British you get pathetic lefty comments about 'johnny foreigner' and other Dad's Army nonsense.
Time they shut the fu ck up.

I don’t really see how asking for a “British”player could be construed as racist when the UK has such a massively diverse population. A tad Xenophobic maybe (which, last time I checked isn’t a crime) but racist? Nah.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Brexit Scuppers Southampton Goalkeeper Signing ! on 10:04 - Jun 19 with 1844 viewsBerber

Brexit Scuppers Southampton Goalkeeper Signing ! on 16:59 - Jun 17 by Sadoldgit

There was a disgraceful post on here earlier in the week, nearly 180 views, I was the only person to object. Let’s not be silly about wishing for local talent.
Brexit Scuppers Southampton Goalkeeper Signing ! on 05:09 - Jun 20 with 1704 viewsDorsetIan

The worst thing about Brexit is that the Brexiteers poisoned the well so completely and no sensible debate about whether it’s going well is now even possible.

But I read this question: ‚if the UK were to rejoin the EU, which of the Brexit benefits would you miss the most?‘

mmm...

Brexit Scuppers Southampton Goalkeeper Signing ! on 06:34 - Jun 20 with 1680 viewsDellHero_Would

Brexit Scuppers Southampton Goalkeeper Signing ! on 05:09 - Jun 20 by DorsetIan

The worst thing about Brexit is that the Brexiteers poisoned the well so completely and no sensible debate about whether it’s going well is now even possible.

But I read this question: ‚if the UK were to rejoin the EU, which of the Brexit benefits would you miss the most?‘

mmm...

How’s the Saint in Stoke?..Some say he’s turned into a Jelly Baby….

Poll: Wearing a mask

Brexit Scuppers Southampton Goalkeeper Signing ! on 08:59 - Jun 20 with 1621 viewsBazza

Brexit Scuppers Southampton Goalkeeper Signing ! on 05:09 - Jun 20 by DorsetIan

mmm...

I would miss the remainers wittering about rejoining.
Rep of Ireland politicians telling us how to run our country.
Still we could enjoy Hungary breaking the EU
Brexit Scuppers Southampton Goalkeeper Signing ! on 10:22 - Jun 20 with 1587 viewsDorsetIan

Brexit Scuppers Southampton Goalkeeper Signing ! on 06:34 - Jun 20 by DellHero_Would

How’s the Saint in Stoke?..Some say he’s turned into a Jelly Baby….

It's true I've never seen them in the same room together.

Brexit Scuppers Southampton Goalkeeper Signing ! on 10:28 - Jun 20 with 1581 viewsDorsetIan

Brexit Scuppers Southampton Goalkeeper Signing ! on 08:59 - Jun 20 by Bazza

I would miss the remainers wittering about rejoining.
Rep of Ireland politicians telling us how to run our country.
Still we could enjoy Hungary breaking the EU

Some top benefits there. Helpful to those of us that struggle to see any.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024