Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Le Tissier Blog 14:40 - Jun 21 with 2168 viewsSaintNick

Saw a blogger who did an interview with Matthew Le Tissier regarding his sacking from Sky and his recent thoughts on the World etc.

I havent watched all of it only a couple of 6-7 minute clips, in those he gave reasonably logical reasoning as to his views etc and why he holds them

It is up there on You tube now cant remember the name though but I am sure it comes up fairly easily if you search his name

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Le Tissier Blog on 15:06 - Jun 21 with 1674 viewsChesham_Saint

Brace yourself for double barrelled indignation from Pontius Poirot…

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Le Tissier Blog on 15:13 - Jun 21 with 1670 viewsHeisenberg

Not sure if it’s the same one but I saw an interview with Matt where he briefly outlined the reasons behind the Sky sacking. He said he didn’t agree with wearing the Black Lives Matter logo and that he was told his social media views were in contrast to Skys and that they felt it was harming their reputation. Matt made an interesting point about Sky continuing to employ someone like Carragher who spat at a girl out of his car. He also referred to Sky wanting to be more representative and referred to ‘diversity and all that stuff’ which I thought showed a lack of understanding and awareness of issues.

I don’t agree with him and think his views are at best ill informed. He also didn’t seem to understand that when you are employed by someone you have to adhere to their policies.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Le Tissier Blog on 15:36 - Jun 21 with 1637 viewsSonicBoom

Le Tissier Blog on 15:13 - Jun 21 by Heisenberg

Not sure if it’s the same one but I saw an interview with Matt where he briefly outlined the reasons behind the Sky sacking. He said he didn’t agree with wearing the Black Lives Matter logo and that he was told his social media views were in contrast to Skys and that they felt it was harming their reputation. Matt made an interesting point about Sky continuing to employ someone like Carragher who spat at a girl out of his car. He also referred to Sky wanting to be more representative and referred to ‘diversity and all that stuff’ which I thought showed a lack of understanding and awareness of issues.

I don’t agree with him and think his views are at best ill informed. He also didn’t seem to understand that when you are employed by someone you have to adhere to their policies.

Yeah, I thought the same.
Le Tissier Blog on 21:01 - Jun 21 with 1459 viewsSadoldgit

What he didn’t say about Carragher was that he was suspended for 6 months for what he did, so he did face consequences. He also showed complete ignorance about the BLM movement here and the politically motivated movement. No one supporting the BLM movement in football believed that it had anything to do with defunding the police etc. He didn’t seem that overly bothered about the Saints ambassadors job either. I did wonder about his judgement when he came clean about putting the ball into touch to fleece the bookies. He really should have kept that quiet. He made a few valid points but came across as being a bit naive. Still, he is happy now because he doesn’t have to worry about the “big bosses” shutting him down and is free to spread his wisdom to anyone who will listen.
Le Tissier Blog on 21:13 - Jun 21 with 1439 viewsBicester_North

Le Tissier Blog on 21:01 - Jun 21 by Sadoldgit

What he didn’t say about Carragher was that he was suspended for 6 months for what he did, so he did face consequences. He also showed complete ignorance about the BLM movement here and the politically motivated movement. No one supporting the BLM movement in football believed that it had anything to do with defunding the police etc. He didn’t seem that overly bothered about the Saints ambassadors job either. I did wonder about his judgement when he came clean about putting the ball into touch to fleece the bookies. He really should have kept that quiet. He made a few valid points but came across as being a bit naive. Still, he is happy now because he doesn’t have to worry about the “big bosses” shutting him down and is free to spread his wisdom to anyone who will listen.

Luckily wise elderly people in the Home Counties who post on football forums, such as your good self, are fully knowledgeable about BLM and can speak on everybody who supported BLM’s behalf.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Le Tissier Blog on 21:30 - Jun 21 with 1406 viewsSaintNick

Actually he did sat that Carragher was suspended, but when that suspension was over Sky just took him back.

With regards to BLM he said that he had been researching the organisation and didn't like what he was reading, that in the USA they were for defunding the Police etc and also that the founders had spent a lot of money donated in aread personal to themselves and not the cause.

You are right no one in football thought that BLM had anything to do with defunding the police etc, but Le Tissier believed that it did having looked into the overall aims of the movement.

I don't know if that was true or not, but he gave a reasonable argument

With regard to the Saints ambassadors job, he said the club were great about it and not bowing to pressure to sack him, but he decided to resign and save them embarrasment, he said that he didn't have to do a lot in the job so it didn't change his life much, but he still goes to the games since his resignation to "Support his team" which i found quite refreshing

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Le Tissier Blog on 21:44 - Jun 21 with 1363 viewsSaintsforeverj

Matt came across well and explained his point of view. He was effectively forced to wear a BLM badge when working for Sky. Matt explained that he is against racism, like most of us, but didn't want to wear the badge of an organisation that was associated with things he didn't believe in or agree with (I.e. defunding the police). People shouldn't be forced to wear things they don't want to wear or don't agree with. If people want to wear it, fine, if people don't want to wear it, fine. You shouldn't be forced either way and that's what Matt said.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2022 21:45]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Le Tissier Blog on 21:57 - Jun 21 with 1318 viewshedgeend61

''I did wonder about his judgement when he came clean about putting the ball into touch to fleece the bookies. He really should have kept that quiet''.

Think that was a fairy story to sell a few copies of his book, that bet was only available on live tv games (Wimbledon v Saints wasn't).
You'd only get peanuts on that type of bet, tenner if you're lucky, fleeced they'd never have been.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2022 22:12]
Login to get fewer ads

Le Tissier Blog on 06:32 - Jun 22 with 1179 viewsJellybaby

The vindication of Matt was inevitable, he is a man of integrity and once the fear induced covid circus rode out of town and we are all left to pick up the pieces - from the financial and emotional effects of Lockdown and the ever increasing realisation that many have been killed or injured by an experimental jab foisted upon us, that people would think differently about those that questioned the mainstream narrative.

Matt is one of the few who are brave enough or who care enough to question why we have had an epidemic of collapsing sports people.

BLM is a Marxist organisation that has openly said it's against the nuclear family, so why should he be forced to wear a badge promoting something he doesn't agree with. The "kick football out of racism" was a perfectly adequate project that we could all get behind without politicising it and turning it in to a pseudo religious, ritualistic and tedious taking of the knee before every match.

The retention of the odious Carragher by Sky after his despicable spitting in a girl's face incident tells you all you need to know about the rank hypocrisy in the higher echelons of football, if it had been deemed racist or homophobic he would have been cancelled never to be seen again.

We have always been lucky to have Matt, he's a champion of the people, and those Saints fans who piled in hating him should hang their heads in shame.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Le Tissier Blog on 09:49 - Jun 22 with 1087 viewssolent_toffee

Le Tissier Blog on 21:44 - Jun 21 by Saintsforeverj

Matt came across well and explained his point of view. He was effectively forced to wear a BLM badge when working for Sky. Matt explained that he is against racism, like most of us, but didn't want to wear the badge of an organisation that was associated with things he didn't believe in or agree with (I.e. defunding the police). People shouldn't be forced to wear things they don't want to wear or don't agree with. If people want to wear it, fine, if people don't want to wear it, fine. You shouldn't be forced either way and that's what Matt said.

I do find the whole ‘defunding the police’ issue a bit misleading.Thatcher was keen to defund the police back in the eighties because it simply wasn’t working and I think that there is a definite argument to do it today. That’s not to cut all police work out but instead move large chunks of their funding into community work, through youth clubs, community centres etc rather than having a couple of fatties walking the streets doing bugger all.

When I was a kid we gave the police the absolute run around on our estate, it was a game and we had zero respect for the out of touch divs. This happens all over the country still, with young people having nothing to do. Invest the money into accessible sports facilities, boxing clubs, music rehearsal places, pay for relatable mentors to support the young people and not some PC Jobsworth.

I think the wording of Defunding the police has become misleading (not by yourself, in general) but there definitely needs to be something done about it because it’s not working.
Le Tissier Blog on 10:26 - Jun 22 with 1059 viewsSadoldgit

Le Tissier Blog on 21:44 - Jun 21 by Saintsforeverj

The football campaign here against racism has nothing to do with things like defunding the police. If he had bothered to “join the dots” he could have found that out. It was and us purely a movement here in football to highlight the problems of racism, something he says he supports. I agree that people shouldn’t be forced to do anything, but if your employers are supporting a cause and ask you to support it to, don’t be surprised if they dispense with your services if you do not comply. Did his colleges who also got sacked refused to wear the badges too?
Le Tissier Blog on 10:43 - Jun 22 with 1040 viewsBicester_North

Le Tissier Blog on 10:26 - Jun 22 by Sadoldgit

The football campaign here against racism has nothing to do with things like defunding the police. If he had bothered to “join the dots” he could have found that out. It was and us purely a movement here in football to highlight the problems of racism, something he says he supports. I agree that people shouldn’t be forced to do anything, but if your employers are supporting a cause and ask you to support it to, don’t be surprised if they dispense with your services if you do not comply. Did his colleges who also got sacked refused to wear the badges too?

Bullshit, in Britain you would take an employee to the cleaners if they forced you to demonstrate support for a particular cause and then sacked you just for not complying.

[Post edited 22 Jun 2022 10:44]

Le Tissier Blog on 11:11 - Jun 22 with 1010 viewsHeisenberg

Le Tissier Blog on 10:43 - Jun 22 by Bicester_North

Bullshit, in Britain you would take an employee to the cleaners if they forced you to demonstrate support for a particular cause and then sacked you just for not complying.

[Post edited 22 Jun 2022 10:44]

That isn’t correct. As an employee you will be expected to adhere and support the values of your employers when acting in the public domain. I have been involved with cases where people have been dismissed from jobs for posting views on social media that are in direct contrast to employers statement of purpose or values. If Matt refused to endorse something his employer were promoting then they are perfectly entitled to take action against him.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'

Le Tissier Blog on 14:45 - Jun 22 with 927 viewsBicester_North

Le Tissier Blog on 11:11 - Jun 22 by Heisenberg

That isn’t correct. As an employee you will be expected to adhere and support the values of your employers when acting in the public domain. I have been involved with cases where people have been dismissed from jobs for posting views on social media that are in direct contrast to employers statement of purpose or values. If Matt refused to endorse something his employer were promoting then they are perfectly entitled to take action against him.

So if there was a company who had a poppy appeal campaign and an Irish employee with republican beliefs refused to wear a poppy on a public event they could be sacked for that?
[Post edited 22 Jun 2022 14:45]

Le Tissier Blog on 15:32 - Jun 22 with 893 viewsI_would

You mean every employee of Sky has to have a particular viewpoint. Who decides on that viewpoint and does Sky then broadcast that viewpoint to their large audience? Yes. That's called propaganda. Every presenter should be free to air their personal opinions as long as it's not offensive or libellous. The Carragher example is perfect in that Sky have no interest in crimes being committed and extremely questionable morals but if you voice an opinion which is not sanctioned by the thought police you are immediately booted out. I wonder if they'll invite Matt back after 6 months..

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Le Tissier Blog on 15:33 - Jun 22 with 891 viewssaints__fan__73

Le Tissier Blog on 15:32 - Jun 22 by I_would

You mean every employee of Sky has to have a particular viewpoint. Who decides on that viewpoint and does Sky then broadcast that viewpoint to their large audience? Yes. That's called propaganda. Every presenter should be free to air their personal opinions as long as it's not offensive or libellous. The Carragher example is perfect in that Sky have no interest in crimes being committed and extremely questionable morals but if you voice an opinion which is not sanctioned by the thought police you are immediately booted out. I wonder if they'll invite Matt back after 6 months..

Thankfully it doesn't look like it...

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Le Tissier Blog on 15:42 - Jun 22 with 876 viewsI_would

Le Tissier Blog on 15:33 - Jun 22 by saints__fan__73

Thankfully it doesn't look like it...

How do his personal comments affect you negatively then? Or is it that you don't like other peoples comments and beliefs unless they agree with yours?

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Le Tissier Blog on 15:45 - Jun 22 with 874 viewssaints__fan__73

Le Tissier Blog on 15:42 - Jun 22 by I_would

How do his personal comments affect you negatively then? Or is it that you don't like other peoples comments and beliefs unless they agree with yours?

Nah, I just don't like utter loons being on TV spouting their shite.

I mean wouldn't want David Icke on TV either tbf.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Le Tissier Blog on 16:00 - Jun 22 with 853 viewsRon11

Le Tissier Blog on 09:49 - Jun 22 by solent_toffee

I do find the whole ‘defunding the police’ issue a bit misleading.Thatcher was keen to defund the police back in the eighties because it simply wasn’t working and I think that there is a definite argument to do it today. That’s not to cut all police work out but instead move large chunks of their funding into community work, through youth clubs, community centres etc rather than having a couple of fatties walking the streets doing bugger all.

When I was a kid we gave the police the absolute run around on our estate, it was a game and we had zero respect for the out of touch divs. This happens all over the country still, with young people having nothing to do. Invest the money into accessible sports facilities, boxing clubs, music rehearsal places, pay for relatable mentors to support the young people and not some PC Jobsworth.

I think the wording of Defunding the police has become misleading (not by yourself, in general) but there definitely needs to be something done about it because it’s not working.

Have you been in any inner cities on a Saturday night lately? Since the pubs and clubs reopened they are anything but not busy, so many drunken dickheads out there.
They should be allowed to crack down on crime with no restrictions, none of this 'I'm arresting you mate, is that alright?' bullshit.
Nah, call somebody a wazak and you're done for hate crime.
Le Tissier Blog on 16:05 - Jun 22 with 853 viewsChesham_Saint

Le Tissier Blog on 11:11 - Jun 22 by Heisenberg

I have a close friend who works for the Natural History Museum. They expected all staff to wear gay pride lanyards. She and others didn't want to and refused.

Is she homophobic? No, not at all.

For me no-one should be forced to wear or be expected to do anything remotely political if they choose not to. And that includes wearing badges and taking the knee (which,btw as a paying spectator I find trite and patronising).

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Le Tissier Blog on 16:28 - Jun 22 with 824 viewsHeisenberg

Le Tissier Blog on 14:45 - Jun 22 by Bicester_North

So if there was a company who had a poppy appeal campaign and an Irish employee with republican beliefs refused to wear a poppy on a public event they could be sacked for that?
[Post edited 22 Jun 2022 14:45]

No. But if that employee as a representative of the company went on social media or any other public platform and said they disagreed with wearing a poppy and the whole remembrance events then an employer would be entitled to raise concerns.

As for the wearing a pride badge someone else raised. Of course an employee could say they don’t want to wear one and an employer would be expected to respect that. If that same employee then went on social media espousing views in contrast to their employers values then they may be asked to explain them and potentially face disciplinary action.

Le Tissier Blog on 16:30 - Jun 22 with 819 viewsBicester_North

Le Tissier Blog on 16:28 - Jun 22 by Heisenberg

No. But if that employee as a representative of the company went on social media or any other public platform and said they disagreed with wearing a poppy and the whole remembrance events then an employer would be entitled to raise concerns.

As for the wearing a pride badge someone else raised. Of course an employee could say they don’t want to wear one and an employer would be expected to respect that. If that same employee then went on social media espousing views in contrast to their employers values then they may be asked to explain them and potentially face disciplinary action.

Even on a personal social media account which states “views are my own”, and they weren’t abusive in any way?
[Post edited 22 Jun 2022 16:31]

Le Tissier Blog on 16:32 - Jun 22 with 811 viewsBazza

Le Tissier Blog on 16:05 - Jun 22 by Chesham_Saint

I have a close friend who works for the Natural History Museum. They expected all staff to wear gay pride lanyards. She and others didn't want to and refused.

Is she homophobic? No, not at all.

For me no-one should be forced to wear or be expected to do anything remotely political if they choose not to. And that includes wearing badges and taking the knee (which,btw as a paying spectator I find trite and patronising).

I agree. Companies cannot force political views on employees. BLM was a political initiative, too randomly structured to be called an organisation but definitely in favour of disbanding the police and other anarchic ideals. The FA should not have adopted their slogan ( imagine calling saints supporters The SS) but found their own eg all lives matter, at least that would be more inclusive to Asians. Personally I think taking the knee is tokenism and players should not be compelled effectively to indirectly support an awful USA bunch of lunatics.
Le Tissier Blog on 16:33 - Jun 22 with 806 viewssolent_toffee

Le Tissier Blog on 16:00 - Jun 22 by Ron11

Have you been in any inner cities on a Saturday night lately? Since the pubs and clubs reopened they are anything but not busy, so many drunken dickheads out there.
They should be allowed to crack down on crime with no restrictions, none of this 'I'm arresting you mate, is that alright?' bullshit.
Nah, call somebody a wazak and you're done for hate crime.

I have yes, loads towns and cities in the country are full of pissed up dopes as you say, but you’re missing the point, I’m not saying do away with the police at all. I’m saying redesign the police so the money is spent better. You’ve only got to look at some of the estates in Southampton now. The police get the runaround from kids and tons of public money is spent on doing so, but for what outcomes?

I’m no big fan of Thatcher but she proposed ‘defunding the police’ in the eighties and was shot down in flames.
Le Tissier Blog on 16:37 - Jun 22 with 793 viewsBicester_North

Le Tissier Blog on 16:33 - Jun 22 by solent_toffee

I have yes, loads towns and cities in the country are full of pissed up dopes as you say, but you’re missing the point, I’m not saying do away with the police at all. I’m saying redesign the police so the money is spent better. You’ve only got to look at some of the estates in Southampton now. The police get the runaround from kids and tons of public money is spent on doing so, but for what outcomes?

I’m no big fan of Thatcher but she proposed ‘defunding the police’ in the eighties and was shot down in flames.

Defund the police is a ridiculous slogan, if they had used reform or reorganise it might’ve carried a bit more favour.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024