Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WTF 08:45 - Jun 29 with 1797 viewskingslandstand1

JWP now odds on to join West Ham according to Coral this morning
I know the word ambition for the club is often lacking with whatever owner we have, but how about stability for a while and actually an ambition to stay in the Premiership
Rant partly over ......
WTF on 09:03 - Jun 29 with 1746 viewsSaintNick

Lets get this in perspective, this is the odds from a bookmaker, it has nothing to do with the clubs ambition, it is probably based on either a decent amount being placed by an individual punter or a raft of smaller bets.

The transfer market in betting is a risky one as it has the potential for bookies to catch a cold with someone close to a player, agent or football club getting a bit of insider info and whacking on some money.

If we had a rant every time the odds on a player change we would never stop.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

WTF on 09:30 - Jun 29 with 1690 viewsButty101

WTF on 09:03 - Jun 29 by SaintNick

Lets get this in perspective, this is the odds from a bookmaker, it has nothing to do with the clubs ambition, it is probably based on either a decent amount being placed by an individual punter or a raft of smaller bets.

The transfer market in betting is a risky one as it has the potential for bookies to catch a cold with someone close to a player, agent or football club getting a bit of insider info and whacking on some money.

Nick the club has one ambition and that is to make money. Its not here to win football matches any more.
The thing is we are not even very good at that any more. When was the last time we bought a bargin and sold him for mega bucks?

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

WTF on 09:49 - Jun 29 with 1671 viewssaintwizzler

WTF on 09:30 - Jun 29 by Butty101

Nick the club has one ambition and that is to make money. Its not here to win football matches any more.
The thing is we are not even very good at that any more. When was the last time we bought a bargin and sold him for mega bucks?

Yes but apart from that the new kit looks nice.

WE MARCH ON

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

WTF on 10:58 - Jun 29 with 1605 viewsI_would

Don't go and get my hopes up only to dash them at the last minute please.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

WTF on 11:06 - Jun 29 with 1589 viewsdirk_doone

WTF on 09:30 - Jun 29 by Butty101

We seem to be recruiting mostly 20 year olds, which means we could have a much better chance of winning the Papa John's Trophy this year!

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

WTF on 11:12 - Jun 29 with 1572 viewssaints__fan__73

WTF on 11:06 - Jun 29 by dirk_doone

We seem to be recruiting mostly 20 year olds, which means we could have a much better chance of winning the Papa John's Trophy this year!

If we win it and defend it the year after there's a good chance we could have an all Saints final the year after!

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

WTF on 11:17 - Jun 29 with 1559 viewsButty101

WTF on 09:49 - Jun 29 by saintwizzler

WE MARCH ON

I cant wait to see the fat balding 40 + men wearing the new Ajax rip off kit.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

WTF on 11:22 - Jun 29 with 1545 viewsSadoldgit

He’s not going anywhere this season. Calm down.
Login to get fewer ads

WTF on 11:41 - Jun 29 with 1497 viewskingslandstand1

WTF on 09:49 - Jun 29 by saintwizzler

WE MARCH ON

And JWP the main man in the front of the photo so Nick must be right
WTF on 11:54 - Jun 29 with 1464 viewskingslandstand1

WTF on 09:03 - Jun 29 by SaintNick

But it's out there that we are a selling club. Ok it's West Ham who seem to be connected with every man and his dog, and it could just be agent talk but at 1:7 there must be something in it, and it's not often the bookies are too far out

So I'm sure if you are right there will be a big announcement from both the club and player that there is nothing to worry about and out captain will still be here on August 6th along other strengthening new players to bolster Ralph's push for a top 10 spot which is where a club of our size should be aiming for

Call that delusional but let's hope the new signings are the new VvD or Mane or whoever that will give us a couple of years and then move for a vast profit and also put a few bob in their pockets
WTF on 17:38 - Jun 29 with 1211 viewsMonksway

Not sure that I share your optimism. If Wet Spam come in with £50 mill + I think Saints will sell. I just hope they don't try and blame it on JWP and he can go without rancour. I don't think he is pushing for a move but he is our only saleable asset of any note.
WTF on 19:32 - Jun 29 with 1062 viewsElijahK

As someone who posted about that inside info I got through Staplewood a while ago, I’m pretty certain he won’t be joining West Ham. It’s only Newcastle and maybe Man U that I’d be worried about if they seemed extremely likely to get him.
As he’s ether staying or joining one of those two (as I doubt spurs would pay what we’re asking for).

So I’d relax, as unless it’s one of those two (aka Newcastle/Man U) that become odds on to sign him, then he’s gonna be staying, as I’m 99% certain that the info I was given is pretty accurate/trustworthy
[Post edited 29 Jun 2022 19:35]

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

WTF on 23:00 - Jun 29 with 913 viewssaint22

I cant see him going there
He plays for England and I may be wrong but he really does not seem the money grabbing type, i am sure he is on good wage here
Plus west ham are a team who could nose dive easily
if Spuds or United came sniffing different story
[Post edited 29 Jun 2022 23:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024